Chronotopia: Second Skin [dark fairytale][GxG/GxB] New KS & new demo!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Helianthus
Regular
Completed: Being Beauteous, Ambre, HVNCML, Garden of Oblivion, Wounded by Words
Projects: Chronotopia, Khzi and the Cursed Stone
Organization: Träumendes Mädchen
Tumblr: TraumendesMadchen

Re: Chronotopia [dark fairytale] Kickstarter & Greenlight!

#16 Post by Helianthus »

J-Ray
Regular

#17 Post by J-Ray »

Trying demo right now...
Best of luck with Kickstarter!

Helianthus
Regular

#18 Post by Helianthus »

J-Ray wrote:Trying demo right now...
Best of luck with Kickstarter!
Thanks! Tell us what you think when you’ve finished reading the demo :D

J-Ray
Regular

#19 Post by J-Ray »

Helianthus wrote:Thanks! Tell us what you think when you’ve finished reading the demo :D
I like it - overall it looks and sounds very good. It's easy to notice how much love and work were put in this game. Visual art is great and story is interesting!

There were some things you might concider to adgust in the final version...
- All the BG scrolling, panning, zooming are too fast (excluding sky at the start) - it feels a little bit contraditory with still scenes.
- Text paragraphs are feels to be too wide, they almost touching window borders and subjectively reduce virtual game space.
- I still think in some scenes (like the temple, for example) it is better use more dark ambient sound/music (more relevant to visuals) than guitar music.

As I said, the game looks great and I'm not going to analize it's cons and pros right here, but if you'd like, I can send you some feedback on this demo by email (I think, I still have it).

Again, wish you best with KS :)

Helianthus
Regular

#20 Post by Helianthus »

J-Ray wrote:I like it - overall it looks and sounds very good. It's easy to notice how much love and work were put in this game. Visual art is great and story is interesting!

There were some things you might concider to adgust in the final version...
- All the BG scrolling, panning, zooming are too fast (excluding sky at the start) - it feels a little bit contraditory with still scenes.
- Text paragraphs are feels to be too wide, they almost touching window borders and subjectively reduce virtual game space.
- I still think in some scenes (like the temple, for example) it is better use more dark ambient sound/music (more relevant to visuals) than guitar music.

As I said, the game looks great and I'm not going to analize it's cons and pros right here, but if you'd like, I can send you some feedback on this demo by email (I think, I still have it).

Again, wish you best with KS :)
Thanks for the feedbacks!

I’m glad you liked the demo: we did put a lot of love (and blood) in it :lol:
It’s hard to find the right balance with the camera’s speed but I’m definitely noting down your remarks. Same with the text.Though I’m afraid the use of the music is more of a subjective issue: I personally cannot see a better track for the temple and the heath!

Given that I’m in the middle of the campaign, I’m flooded with mails at the moment so that may not be a good idea (your message might get buried under the spam) but I’m genuinely interested. Can you write your feedbacks here =O ? (there’s always the spoilers’ block if needed)

Anyway, thank you for the support :D

J-Ray
Regular

#21 Post by J-Ray »

Helianthus wrote:Anyway, thank you for the support :D
No problem :D

Gabylc
Regular
Projects: Crossfire
Organization: Agape Studios
Tumblr: attackonbara

#22 Post by Gabylc »

Yeah, already 15% funded ! I'm so excited about this, I'm probably checking it too often :lol:
Image Check our Attack on Titan fangame. Demo available here!

Helianthus
Regular

#23 Post by Helianthus »

Hey, people, we're 17% funded and 32% on our way to the top of Greenlight!
Here's a new scene from Chronotopia: the pact. Make a contract with the fairy and become a magical girl (or something like that :lol: )!
It is said she can make all your wish come true…if you pay the price~
Gabylc wrote:Yeah, already 15% funded ! I'm so excited about this, I'm probably checking it too often
Ahah, you're too kind but worrying should be my job :wink:
Now that you're in my reach...have you tried the demo yet :3? I'd very much like to hear your opinion if you did!

Helianthus
Regular

Re: Chronotopia [dark fairytale][GxG/GxB] Kickstarter/Greenl

#24 Post by Helianthus »

Another update to announce that there’s an Android version of the demo available on Google Play!
You can now read it on your phone or tablet~
Our Kickstarter is currently 20% funded so do take a look at the demo if you haven't tried yet, and don't hesitate to support us if you liked it ;).
Chronotopia is also 42% on its way to the top of Greenlight so we need your vote!

Helianthus
Regular

Re: Chronotopia [dark fairytale][GxG/GxB] Demo/KS +love scen

#25 Post by Helianthus »

Big news: Chronotopia will now include love scenes for all romances (yuri and otome)!

For more information, please go read the update I made today on the Kickstarter’s page ;)
Link to the full NSFW version (full nudity)

BTW, we’re 65% funded so don’t forget to vote for us on Greenlight!

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#26 Post by Googaboga »

I saw that you were Greenlit. That's great ^^. I think the premise for this project is excellent and everything seems very well put together. I really hope it all works out.

Love scenes and nudity aren't for me, so it's nice that they're avoidable.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

Helianthus
Regular

#27 Post by Helianthus »

Googaboga wrote:I saw that you were Greenlit. That's great ^^. I think the premise for this project is excellent and everything seems very well put together. I really hope it all works out.
Love scenes and nudity aren't for me, so it's nice that they're avoidable.
Thank you Googaboga! We did put a lot of efforts polishing the game so I’m glad if it’s showing, even a little :3.
Yeah, I don’t like to throw that kind of scenes in the player’s face so people who like it can have extra scenes and the others won’t miss anything. At least, that’s how I see it :)
By the way, there's only one week left to support Chronotopia on Kickstarter and we've already over 70%.
Please consider helping us break through as a professional team!

Helianthus
Regular

#28 Post by Helianthus »

That’s it, folks, Chronotopia has been fully funded! And we’re greenlit too. What else could we ask for?
Well, there is only a few hours left to reach a stretch goal but let’s try anyway! :lol:

To celebrate this victory, here's a sketch of Lys by Anako.

Thank you for your support: we would never have been able to do it without you!
Now we absolutely cannot fail: we’re going to do our best to bring you the full game as we planned it and we hope you will enjoy it as much as we enjoyed making it! :wink:

Helianthus
Regular

Re: Chronotopia [dark fairytale][GxG/GxB] Demo & funded!

#29 Post by Helianthus »

Hey there! It’s been a while since the end of the Kickstarter so I thought it would be appropriate to make a general update on the project :D
Chronotopia has a very peculiar structure that consists in a rather long introduction (which can be considered the “common route”) and a turning point where Donkeyskin has to choose how she will escape from her father. If you played [url=https://traumendes_madchen.itch.io/chronotopia]the demo[/url], you can’t miss it since it’s the last choice. In the full version, you’ll be able to opt for various strategies, each one corresponding to a “route”. All those routes have varying length and focus on different themes.
One of the new finished backgrounds
I’ve already finished writing the first one (I code-named it B1) which takes place in the countryside: Donkeyskin flees to escape the yoke of her father and ends up being taken in by a young farmer named Fleur. Despite her slender look, she’s very resourceful and has quite a strong character, so she's not to be underestimated! Since farmers are subject to seasons, this route appears relatively linear, though there are still choices. There’s also just as much content as in the demo itself…if not more: the demo represents 23 500 words and the B1 route 25 600 words.
Several tests we're doing to choose Fleur's design

Next time, I’ll talk about B2 which is a huge contrast to B1 since I’m trying to make each route feel unique to have Kionna experiment all kinds of things in her journey.
In any case, I hope you’re looking forward to what Chronotopia has to offer :wink:

Helianthus
Regular

Re: Chronotopia: Second Skin [dark fairytale][GxG/GxB] New KS & new demo!

#30 Post by Helianthus »

Hey there, we haven’t really posted that much for the previous couple of months, have we? Ooopsie… To be fair, we were quite busy with Chronotopia’s development :oops: .
-
Our brand new promotional art by the talented Eirlysa Lawrence
-
We’ve made plenty of progress and are getting closer to the finish line but then we realized that we were lacking illustrations. And it’s especially important for such a long visual novel like ours to break away from the sprites/backgrounds monotony once in a while. That’s why we’ve decided to make a small supplementary Kickstarter campaign in order to fund a few extra illustrations and make the experience more pleasant overall!
-
-
Of course, we’ve also made the most of that time to improve the old demo and add a few features. Expect a revamped UI, new content, new illustrations, better effects and the apparition of the archives system which allows you to get a better insight on folklore and fairytales’ references. We also changed the game’s name to add clarity: it’s now called Chronotopia: Second Skin to better reflect Kionna’s adventures
-
Beware, the Fairy is not going to be pleased if we don’t reach our goal~
-
So, if you’ve missed the first campaign, now is the perfect time to fix that. Take a look at our updated demo here and if you like what you see, consider pledging a few bucks to our Kickstarter!