Cinderella Phenomenon (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy) DEMO/ KS

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Dicesuki
Regular
Completed: Locked Heart, Cinderella Phenomenon
Projects: Cinderella Phenomenon Fandisk
Organization: Dicesuki
Tumblr: dicesuki
itch: dicesuki

Re: Cinderella Phenomenon (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy) DEMO/ KS

#46 Post by Dicesuki »

@ Isotta, thank you so much for taking the time to play the demo! : ) We are super happy that you enjoyed it. Hearing the positive feedback really keeps us motivated as we continue to work on the game. We are glad the main character is one you can sympathize with— and is even your favorite! we did our best to write her as realistically as we could given her circumstances. Here's hoping that when the final product comes out you'll be able to enjoy all of the different routes, including Rod's! Thanks again for your feedback, and we hope you look forward to the final game!

@ Limabaen, we're super glad you enjoyed the demo! We're happy that you see the improvement in overall game quality, and we hope that we can continue to deliver on those expectations with the full game. (And Rod and the protagonist do have a rather interesting relationship, yes XD ) Thanks for taking the time to write out your impressions of characters and their relationships with the MC. We do want to make the main character one you can sympathize with, but we do hope that in the full game you'll get some extra clarification for the other characters' intentions too. Thanks again for playing, and for sharing your feedback :) We hope you enjoy the final game once it's out!

— Tajina, DICESUKI
ImageImage

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran
Projects: Ethereal Creatures

#47 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

I just played the demo and was pleasantly surprised. I love the twist and the main character. I'm definitely rooting for the completion of this game and have already given my support to the kickstarter. :)
ImageImage

Dicesuki
Regular

#48 Post by Dicesuki »

@ LadyOfGatsby, thanks so much for your support on KS! We hope we can deliver on all of your expectations for the final game, and we're super glad you enjoyed the twists and turns of the demo :)

— Tajina, DICESUKI
ImageImage

Shades of Night
Regular
Tumblr: serilyn
Deviantart: shadesofnight

#49 Post by Shades of Night »

Just finished the demo the other day :D Backgrounds are gorgeous, characters are interesting and I love the bit of music that plays during the dreams <3

1. Yes! Very much so! I already have a number of theories brewing in my head regarding various things :D

2. Yes. I had to check to compare but doing so I can see the improvement. I like the smaller eyes for female characters and... hmm... I think some male characters have a slightly broader build? And more mature faces. Which is nice <3 The fading of shadow colours on clothing in folds and creases looks really good, too.

3. I'm least interested in pursuing Rod because
I feel like he could potentially actively work against the MC ending her curse XD Since you know, everyone is happy now.
Hmm, I think I'm probably most interested in Fritz currently because
he seemed the closest to the MC and the one who genuinely cared the most about her, especially now she can't even share her feelings with her dolls because even they have turned on her. I'm curious to see how he took her sudden disappearance and what his job has changed to (though I can guess) in her absence.
4. I'm going to bounce off Limabaen's response here. Keep in mind that I probably empathize a bit too much with the MC XD And I overthink things. Rambling ahead.
I actually really like that the MC is so thoroughly misunderstood, and I'd certainly agree that she isn't anywhere near as bad as anyone makes her out to be. She wouldn't be putting up with all the taunting from Delora for one if she had a more nasty nature. In fact it's kinda impressive that she hasn't been actively and outwardly angry at Delora, instead she seems largely confused that the views of everyone else differ so much from her own now that she's forced to pay attention to them. I think she's very used to ignoring people she dislikes.

And yup, I think having your own father largely neglect you after the one parent you were close to died, and then he comes home with a brand new family all of which he treats better than you... I can see how resentment would build.

It wasn't so much Emelaigne for me (that was more directed at the father favoring what his step daughter wanted over what his own daughter wanted to the point of forcing the later by order. But even then I do understand there was the intention to help her branch out and see that things aren't so bad. It's unfortunate for the MC that Emelaigne is protected so much that her simply telling the truth was seen as a verbal attack. That particular situation may have been handled better had Emelaigne known that the MC wasn't going out of her own free will, but I'm guessing everyone else was also trying to protect Emelaigne's feelings by not telling her that.

Butyes, I certainly didn't like Delora. She is blatantly unrepentant about what she has done, waves it in the MCs face all the time, and there isn't even a whiff of her being sorry about what very nearly happened to the MC that night in that alley before the cavalry came along.

I also find it kindof strange that everyone else there, who is also afflicted with various curses... Is fine with Delora actively throwing curses around herself...

I'd compare it to... Say you have a number of bad doctors scattered around who infect people with some sort of debilitating disease. And you have good doctors who try to help those with said disease cure it. So you have a place with a good doctor who helps people try and cure their disease, and another doctor who says she is good... But is still actively inflicting said disease on people. Because they deserve it she says. It will make them better people in the end apparently...

Now some people may agree if the victim was say, an axe murderer or something. But for a young upstart boss who was overly strict and didn't like to socialize? Seems a bit extreme. Especially to those who have experience having the disease, or being cursed in this case. You'd think they more than anyone would be absolutely against it being deliberately inflicted upon someone else for any reason. Because it has very real potential to utterly ruin lives.

I was also surprised that the MC wasn't more affected by the fact that the only things she had left that she trusted and confided in - her dolls. Were effectively turned against her by what Delora did, leaving her unable to even trust inanimate objects with her inner thoughts and feelings.

Really, I'd just be pleased something slightly bad happened that may cause Delora to have second thoughts about putting curses on people in the future :P

Barring that, an even more far-fetched thing is it would be great if the MC had an option to flout the expectation of her trying to break her curse, and instead decide that she is actually happier herself away from her father and step family. Now that one of the few things she treasured, her dolls, have been tainted in a way, there may be very little that she is actually attached to in the palace. She could, say, take her mothers words about being strong to heart and start trying to actively work to better her position herself, through hard work. She could even find something she likes doing or is good at and find an entirely different life that is preferable to what she had, and where her step family and father are also happy with the curse still in place.

... yes I have strange ideas XD
Uhh... I did warn that I rambled :P

Just in case it wasn't clear, I loved the demo, the art, the writing, and the story so far which has certainly snagged the interest of my imagination :D Can't wait to see what the finished game is like! <3

Oh! I forgot! I was also quite interested in the fairytales each of the curses are based on
It seems that not all of them are actual Brothers Grimm fairy tales correct? So far I've seen Peter Pan and The Little Mermaid which aren't and the MC mentioned reading what sounded like Aladdin. That widens up the pool of potential fairy tales that could pop up a lot :D

kukiko-tan
Regular
Completed: Fear Not
Projects: The Song of the Caged Crow, Revealed Royalty, The Golden Seed
Organization: RONI
Deviantart: kukiko-tan

#50 Post by kukiko-tan »

1. What do you think of the plot? Does it interest you?
It's a really nice twist of the Cinderella story. The more I read, the more intrigued I was, so I was disappointed when the demo ended. I'm especially curious about how each curse will influence the relationship evolution between characters. I also missed stories where the goal is something altruistic and the protagonist is supposed to grow into a better person. Most stories nowadays are pretty twisted and the line between good and bad is very blurred.

2. How about the art? Has it improved since Locked Heart?
Sure thing! :) The whole artwork seems more polished.

3. Which route will you pursue first? Any favorite character(s) so far?
Rod would be the first to pursue. The start between Rod and the princess is very poor, unlike the rest, so I really wonder how they'll get to better terms.

4. Do you have any questions? Critiques? Feedback
Well...the speech box is a turn-off. It is nicely made, but it covers too much of the screen, turning the eye focus to the box rather than towards the characters. I think it should be more subtle.

Dicesuki
Regular

#51 Post by Dicesuki »

@Shades of Night, wow, thank you for all of your feedback! :) You were most definitely not rambling; we all really enjoyed reading your theories and thoughts on the characters and their relationships. Yes, there is definitely more to them than meets the eyes, and we hope that the complex relationships between them will make the game all the more interesting. It is our hope that we can flesh out those bonds enough that you will be satisfied with them after playing through the entire game! (As for Delora yes, she's a tricky one, but we hope her intentions become a little clearer once you play the full game) The fairy tales featured are definitely not limited to the Grimm tales, or the depictions that the Grimm brothers wrote, so do look forward to the twists and turns of those. Anyways, thanks again for your feedback, and for taking the time to write out all of your thoughts. We really appreciate the comments, as they motivate us to work even harder!

@kukiko-tan, we are very glad you enjoyed the demo! Given the game's plot, the fairy tale references/curses will definitely influence the relationships between the characters, so we hope you look forward to seeing how those play out ;) At this point in time we are working on fixing the speech box so that it is not as distracting— thanks for sharing your opinion on it. And thanks for playing the demo and taking the time to write your opinions, we really appreciate it! We hope we can deliver on the final product :)

— Tajina, DICESUKI
ImageImage

laertid

#52 Post by laertid »

First, thank you for your wonderful work! Arlready supported you on the KS and will be waiting for the full game!

I generally tend to love the "old tales told in an upside-down-from-a-new-perspective way" stories, so I was intrigued from the start. And, of course, I liked Lucette. She is not the character we see in otome games often - most otome heroines are more cheerful, social girls, who generally tend to be "good" among other people. Lucette is reserved, self-centered, proud and doesn't trust anyone, but she isn't "bad". And I feel so sorry for her and so angry with Delora - you wicked witch, if all the town is somehow thinking that the crowned princess is "bad", it's not the poor teenager's problem, it's kind of a bigger problem which began in her stupid family, like, many years ago! Geez...

Art is so perfect, I was shocked to see that the game's going to be free. That's some perfect style.

It's hard to decide! I'm thinking about Waltz (his younger self is just so cute!), Fritz (he could easily be the princess's only friend... if the princess only could trust anyone besides her dolls) and Rod (his route should be really interesting, because I think Rod can only hate Lucette by the beginning of the game, nothing more).

4. Do you have any questions? Critiques? Feedback

Do the stained glass pictures in the main menu symbolize the main characters' curses\tales? ^^

(
Then we have seashell - Mermaid (Rod), the... spindle thing?.. (Rumpel), the star or lily (I'll assume it for Neverland\Waltz), which leaves us with Red Riding Hood and... a rose. Rose maybe for Beauty and the Beast? I'll take Beauty as Karma, maybe, and Riding Hood as Fritz... Iiiinteresting. I just like to guess here, feel free not to answer to avoid any spoilers
:wink: )

Adia

#53 Post by Adia »

Just finished the demo and need to post to say how much I love this. I am really looking forward to the full game, and next pay will be contributing to the KS (glad to see you've reached the main goal through!).

The art is beautiful - both characters and backgrounds are gorgeous. Plot is fantastic and I really like the characters (Rod and Waltz are my currently slated to be my first two playthroughs).

I really love the MC - I both find her entirely sympathetic given the hints of backstory; but also love that she isn't the "typical" sweetness-and-light otome lead. I do agree with Isotta; Limabaen and Shades of Night, that I do sympathise with her more than most of the characters in the game do. Yes, she is needlessly rude to characters like Ophelia and Emelaigne who - from what we can see - are really nice to her. But most of the other stuff seems ...normal (a lot of it seems typical teenager when your parent remarries!) when you consider that she is an isolated, spoilt princess... particularly given the game pointing out that the MC is isolated and has been ignored by her father for most of her formulative years.
I'm not sure if I am meant to be sympathising with her to this degree. And actively disliking Delora, in particular?

Edit: that said, I hope there is more to the MC/Delora relationship than meets the eye, particularly given the 'relationship' between them when Delora was a doll.

But I hope that when we get more of the back story and why the MC is so disliked (as there seem to be hints that it isn't just that she is a spoilt princess thing) that it makes sense. But also that the MC doesn't become those sweetness-and-light characters. I would like her to keep some personality and wit.

But this isn't criticism! I really do love the demo. I think it is a good sign when just from a simple demo that you get those sorts of feelings being evoked. :D

completelyaddicted21

#54 Post by completelyaddicted21 »

just played the demo and I must say that both the art and story is extremely amazing!
I must admit that the heroine definitely took me by surprise :lol: she was so depressing and cold! but I (oddly) like her character a lot! I cant wait to see how her character will develop and grow throughout the story and im curious abt how she'll act when she's flustered ><
p.s I played locked heart too before and it was amazing! I almost died when I saw that you were making a new visual novel! I wish you the best of luck making this game <3

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#55 Post by try10 »

I finally found the time to play the demo and I loved it.:D The MC is a really unique girl and Karma is GORGEOUS! I think Karma and the MC would make the perfect couple with their distinctive personalities! I didn't like Delora very much ( I mean she is stunning and stuff, but the curse is dangerous and the poor princess could have been seriously hurt). I understand the way she acts cause her mother was her role model and taught her many wrong things...and her father is a jerk ( he likes his stepchildren better than his real daughter O___o), so she doesn't know much about people and the world. I really can't wait for find out more about everyone's past in the full game. I also don't understand her stepsister's and her stepmother's kindness...I mean nobody is that kind and has a personality like that. It just seems fake and it makes me uncomfortable when I meet or see someone like that.
I'm 100% sure that the full game is going to be impressive. Good luck! ;)

ElectraPop

#56 Post by ElectraPop »

I played the demo recently and I'm so in love.

The main character is, to me, the absolute best and what truly has gotten me hooked. Lucette is a MC that I actually want to get to know, I want to see her story and I want to know her past and what her future can become. It's just so rare to find a MC with so much personality on their own, and what a personality! Her coldness, her bitterness, her resentment, her cynical view of the world is absolutely refreshing to see, she's not a 'so relatable' slice of life heroine and I love it.
I also find the plot very interesting, even when I'm not that into fairy tales myself (good thing I do know my share of them or I'd be as lost as Lucette tbh lol) I'm actually looking forward to see and learn more about the whole conflict with witches, fairies and humans, the curses, what role does Lucette play here.

The art is gorgeous, it fits the game incredibly well, and the backgrounds are stunning!!

I don't know which guy's route I'd do first, because all of them are cutes lol, perhaps Waltz or Rod?

In short, I'm very impressed by the demo and cannot wait to see the full game, congratulations on everything you've done so far, and good luck!!

Dicesuki
Regular

#57 Post by Dicesuki »

@laertid, thanks so much for supporting us on Kickstarter! :) We're glad that you like Lucette as a heroine— we all did our best to make sure she was a unique character, one that was relatable in perhaps an unexpected way. (At least where the usual otome heroine is concerned) We hope you enjoy all of the routes once the game comes out, and that the guys prove to be just as interesting as our MC. As far as those stained glass windows go... we are bound to an oath of secrecy ;) But you'll see once the game comes out! Thanks again for your support and we are super happy you enjoyed the demo.

@Adia, thanks for posting and sharing your opinions! Yes, Lucette is meant to be a character that can be sympathized with— the extent to which is decided by the player. As we have discovered, there are a whole lot of opinions on her personality, and we're glad to be seeing such a variety of evoked emotions. That being said, most of what we hoped to achieve with the demo hit home. There is definitely more beneath the surface that was not touched in the demo, and that will be illustrated in detail later on in the story. Lucette and Delora's relationship will definitely see more development, we can assure you of that ; ) We definitely don't plan on breaking Lucette's character, or anyone else's for that matter, but you should get all of the answers you seek in the completed game. We hope we don't disappoint! We really appreciate all of your feedback, so thank you for taking the time to comment.

@completelyaddicted21, we're so happy you enjoyed the last game and hope that you enjoy this one even more! ;D We're glad that you like both the story and the art and the main character as well! We tried to make her unique and interesting, and are glad that we seemed to have succeeded ^u^ Thanks again for playing and we hope that you enjoy the final game once it's out.

@try10, we're so happy you found the time to play and comment! :D We seriously appreciate the feedback. (Yes, Karma is quite beautiful ;v; ) We are glad you like Lucette, and can sympathize with her predicament! As far as characters go... Ah well, there is always the potential for there to be more beneath the surface ; ) Thanks again for your feedback, and we hope you enjoy the full game once it's out.

@ElectraPop, thank you for your feedback! We are super glad that you enjoyed the MC. She's our pride and joy where characters are involved, and we really enjoy writing her and expanding on her story. So yes, you will definitely get to see both her past and future! We hope that the story does not disappoint in the final product. Thanks again for playing our demo! ;)

— Tajina, DICESUKI
ImageImage

Crucifixian
Regular
Projects: Navneta franchise

#58 Post by Crucifixian »

If the story is 'good' I'm a sucker, regardless if it's based on other stories.
It's intriguing enough for me to give it a shot.

I looked at LH and not much art difference from first glance.

Waltz probably.
I would love the Dark Rod version if you made one.
Screw it, I would love Dark versions of all the male suitors.
Demo playing I have to do though after VN creation.

4. Do you have any questions? Critiques? Feedback?

How did you Kickstart so awesomely? :O :O :O
Why do the character poses look... stiff?

tainapsilva

#59 Post by tainapsilva »

Hiii I loved Locked Heart and i'm looking forward this game. it looks awesome
Thanks for the hard work :D

Crazy Cactus
Regular

#60 Post by Crazy Cactus »

I don't know how in the world I missed this on Kickstarter when it was live.

I try to do a search for newer projects or things already launched every week or so, to keep myself "in the loop" of other people's projects and to help fund other people's dream projects or continuing efforts with their companies.

Forgive me for my somewhat laziness but I couldn't see somewhere to help support on website or original Kickstarter page - do you have a link to a form/payment process or a Paypal funding page?

Will be checking out the demo to get a better feel of the game and its atmosphere as soon as I can!