Cinderella Phenomenon (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy) DEMO/ KS

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Dicesuki
Regular
Completed: Locked Heart, Cinderella Phenomenon
Projects: Cinderella Phenomenon Fandisk
Organization: Dicesuki
Tumblr: dicesuki
itch: dicesuki

Cinderella Phenomenon (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy) DEMO/ KS

#1 Post by Dicesuki »

Hi everyone! Kooriiko here, the founder of DICESUKI (previously known as DICE and creator of Locked Heart). I am proud to present to you our second game!
We've been working so hard on this game ever since Locked Heart was released. The GUI is still not final and the screenshots posted are dummy ones, but otherwise, the overall design will be the same with some potentially minor changes.
There are a total of 10+ side characters throughout the game, all with their own unique backstories. You can find more about them once our website for Cinderella Phenomenon is up.
Like Locked Heart, we are planning to make this FREE to play. But we are planning on doing a kickstarter to get our funds back because of irl responsibilities.

PREFUNDIA PAGE: http://prefundia.com/projects/view/cind ... vel/10011/
Please let us know if you have any suggestions in making our kickstarter a success.

DEMO FOR WINDOWS, MAC AND LINUX FROM ITCH.IO:
https://dicesuki.itch.io/cinderella-phenomenon

KICKSTARTER PAGE
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/di ... phenomenon

GREENLIGHT
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =754320805

DISCUSSION:
1. What do you think of the plot? Does it interest you?
2. How about the art? Has it improved since Locked Heart?
3. Which route will you pursue first? Any favorite character(s) so far?
4. Do you have any questions? Critiques? Feedback?

More updates will be posted on:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Dicesuki/
Tumblr: http://dicesuki.tumblr.com/

We'd really appreciate you following us there as well. Thank you so much for reading!
Last edited by Dicesuki on Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:05 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

Re: Cinderella Phenomenon (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy)

#2 Post by Ran08 »

OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN. <3

It hasn't been released yet but I already know I'm gonna love it. <3 Hahaha. I just looooove twists on fairytales like this! Omg. And yay, another game after Locked Heart! Haha, this is awesome. :")

Yes, most definitely!
It's as lovely as Locked Heart's. :") I... don't know if it has improved, but I like the protagonist here better. The girl from Locked Heart looked pretty generic... (sorry)
I don't know who I'll go for first, but I have two favorite guys. Fritz, because I like characters with white hair and dark skin HAHAHA and Waltz, because I like his personality even though I don't like his appearance very much. XD So basically I've got a shallow favorite and a deep favorite. Hahaha.
It's amazing that it's free, considering that scope! KS can seem a little cut-throat sometimes, haha, but I wish you all the best! <3 Oh, and I know the GUI isn't final yet, but... it already looks pretty nice to me, haha. :D Especially the textbox! So fitting for the story. =)

Daydreamer97
Tumblr: otomedaydreams.tumblr.com

#3 Post by Daydreamer97 »

I saw this on tumblr and I got excited especially since I found out you guys were the ones behind Locked Heart! I loved Locked Heart since it's pretty quirky, funny, and cute.

- Yes! It reminds me a bit of Locked Heart but turned up a notch!
- Yes! I can see some improvements in the character designs. The art in Locked Heart was already great but I like this one better.
- Probably Rod or Karma.
- It looks pretty great but I wish you'd go more in detail regarding the fairytale curse (or is it spoiler territory?).

kaizuna
Projects: Blood for the Blood God-- A dating sim
Tumblr: kaizuna
Deviantart: heartsXdespise

#4 Post by kaizuna »

OMGOSH IT LOOKS MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN I COULD HAVE EVER IMAGINED.

-- Totes magoats! A strong protagonist and a fairytale twist are literally the best things you could ever have.
-- From what I've seen, absolutely. The art is amazing and it just keeps getting better and better. Can't believe this is a free game, you've all obviously put a lot of time and effort into making this happen so far. ;w;
-- Karma, probably, just because that's the one I've heard most about xD But I'd have to say I'm particularly fond of Rumple too, though... (because I'm a sucker for a guy in glasses).
-- I'M JUST SO VERY EXCITED! It's a beautiful premise and a beautiful-looking game! I'm looking forward to seeing everything as it gets put together, I'll definitely follow this thread and I've already got your tumblr! Can't wait to hear more!!

Dicesuki
Regular

#5 Post by Dicesuki »

@Ran08, thank you so much for your support! Kooriiko has worked very hard to make each of the characters' designs unique and appealing, so we're glad that it's paid off! We are also happy to hear that you have two favourites of the five bachelors so far - hopefully once the game is released you find something to like about each of our five lovely men. We personally think that they're all equally lovable :) We hope you do love the game when it is finally released and that you consider backing us on Kickstarter, please look forward to it!

@Daydreamer97 thank you so much for your continuing support! We hope that you enjoy Cinderella Phenomenon as much as you enjoyed Locked Heart. Unfortunately we can't give too much away regarding the Fairytale Curse, but do stay tuned for further updates. It is very hard to keep the characters in check when they're talking about themselves... ;)

@kaizuna thank you so much! We are very grateful for all that you've done in support of our game and our team :) It is very important to us that Cinderella Phenomenon is free so that as many people as possible can experience the story that we want to tell.

~ Jessica Rose, DICESUKI

CrimsonChains
Regular
Projects: Blood for the Blood God: A Dating Sim
Tumblr: Crimson-Chains

#6 Post by CrimsonChains »

Aw, hell yeah, hell yeah!!!
Happy to see the topic for this up!!!
I'm so impressed by how much you have done!!! OAO

It seems so cool!!! Fairy tale spin offs are always super interesting and I like the characters a lot!

HOLY SMOKES, IT'S GORGEOUS!!! YOU MAKE ME SO JEALOUS!!! *shakes fist* IT'S BEAUTIFUL <3

Honestly, I like Waltz a lot XD I'M SUCH A SUCKER FOR MATURE AND KIND MEN.

IT LOOKS SOOOOOO GOOD!!!
I can't believe your making this as a free game OAO
I WISH YOU MUCH LUCK!!!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#7 Post by Zelan »

wooOAAAAAAH OH MY GOSH

YES. I went into Locked Heart like "whatever, it'll probably be cool I guess," and came out like "I DIDN'T KNOW I NEEDED THIS IN MY LIFE." You guys do such a good job with your fairytale retellings/rearrangings ahhhhhh <3
I think it has, yeah ^_^ Of course, it still would have been fine without improving. The title screen is especially awesome, it reminds me of the very prologue of Locked Heart.
Fritzgerald and Waltz are definitely my favorites, but they all seem like interesting characters, including Lucette herself. ^_^
Something that I've heard people say is that it's difficult to get a free game backed; since it would be free anyway, there doesn't always seem to be a point to backing something that's free. Plus, it's freaking 250,000 words. [strike]Some of the broke people in the thread will probably kill me for suggesting this, but[/strike] I seriously think you guys should consider making this game commercial. (That could also allow you to commission someone to make an OST! There are a lot of great composers on this forum.)
If you guys are really certain about making it a free game, though, if you want people to back it, you're going to have to make the rewards really enticing. A lot of people like the "design a side character/scene/etc." type rewards, but seeing how far into the game you guys are that might not be plausible. Digital wallpapers and names in the credits are always pretty popular as well. Physical rewards are almost always a huge plus, but they're expensive to make and to ship and might end up being more trouble than they're worth.
But anyway, good luck with your game! <3 I'll definitely be excitedly anticipating release.

@CrimsonChains YOU DON'T NEED TO BE JEALOUS YOUR ART IS BEAUTIFUL TOO. IF ANYONE SHOULD BE JEALOUS IT'S ME BECAUSE I CAN'T DRAW ANYTHING.

otometea
Regular
Projects: Heart of Thorns
Tumblr: littleteahouse

#8 Post by otometea »

- What do you think of the plot? Does it interest you?
I think it is interesting, considering that my favorite genre of visual novels happen to be fantasy. I also like the twists that seem to be foreshadowed within the synopsis and the character descriptions, so I will make sure to keep an eye out for this game's release.

- How about the art? Has it improved since Locked Heart?
I think the art here fits my style. The contrast of color is not too harsh and easy on the eyes. The character designs are elaborate and colorful as well; very appealing. Unfortunately, I haven't played Locked Heart due to lack of interest in the plot (Cinderella seems more appealing than Goldilocks), but I have high hopes for this game, I should think. I also like the GUI design, its color scheme fits well.

- Which route will you pursue first? Any favorite character(s) so far?
None of the bachelors really fit my favorite character style, but if I had to choose one that I am most interested in, I would probably pursue Waltz. Although, I can't make any guarantees on that aspect. In addition to Waltz, I find Rod quite appealing. I don't have any intention of putting pressure on you, but I have high expectations. I look forward to it.

- Do you have any questions? Critiques? Feedback?
Questions
* What inspired the plot, other than Cinderella? How about the characters?
* Maybe give some more specific background information on DICE, its members possibly as well?
* How about the developers' favorite characters and biases?
Critiques
* The "Fairytale Curse" seems a little bit cliché to me, but it may be that I have played so many visual novels involving curses placed upon characters and settings.
* As much as I like the GUI and its color scheme, it's hard to look at it for a large amount of time because the color contrast seems a bit harsh.
* Fritzgerald seems to wield a katana by the grip, but the sheath seems to suggest a sword. They are two different weapons. This may be going a bit too deep, but if you want perfection, then that's my critique art-wise.
Feedback/Comments
* This rarely ever happens to me, but I have an urge that I want to join your team because this does appeal to me that much (This has only happened to me three times in the ten years I have played and worked on visual novels). I would love to help, but all the positions seem to be filled.
* Once again, I have high hopes and expectations for this game. I do look out most for grammar in stories (I proofread a lot of stories, so I do have a "hawk-eye"), so I also hope to see great grammar as well.
* I look forward to this game's release though. I will see to this and be back to constructively criticize and compliment your project when it is officially released, hopefully. :-)

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#9 Post by Zelan »

@otometea I would highly recommend giving Locked Heart a play even if it doesn't seem that appealing. I thought the same thing and was pleasantly surprised. ^_^

Dicesuki
Regular

#10 Post by Dicesuki »

@CrimsonChains, super glad that you like the game's premise and its characters! (Mature men are indeed very enticing, mhm) Also nice to hear that you enjoy the art as well! (Though your art is awesome too bro shh ;v; ) Thanks a ton for all of the support, and we hope the final product delivers!

@Zelan, we really appreciate that you supported our previous project, and we're glad that you enjoyed it so much! We hope to improve on every aspect of this game, from the art to the story, so hopefully it delivers :) Also happy to hear that you think all of the characters are interesting— we're trying our best to give them all their own unique and lovable quirks. As far as game costs go, we are still hoping that we can somehow pull off making this a free game because we want to make it available to as many people as we can. Once our prefundia is up, we will definitely be looking for more feedback on our rewards. Fingers crossed they will be the kind of exciting you're talking about! For the time being though, we're going to do everything we can to make this work as a free game. Anyways, thanks again for your support. We really hope that you stay tuned for upcoming updates and like what you see!

@otometea, thanks for all of your feedback and support! We're glad that you enjoy the art, and find the plot interesting. We're doing our best to strike down cliches and create a unique, innovative story line that, while inspired by the Cinderella fairy tale, will be a completely unique experience. Though at this time we are holding off on releasing more information on the plot, we can at least say that the plot line was inspired by a slew of other classic stories. We will be releasing more information on our plot, characters and other game specifics as we get closer to releasing our demo. (And yes, you will definitely get to know more about the DICESUKI team in the process!) We also really appreciate the critique and will keep it all in mind as we continue developing our final product. Rest assured that we will be doing our best to make the game as original as we possibly can. Also, we are flattered by your interest in joining our team, but we have no positions open at this time. DICESUKI will most likely hire spontaneously as the help is needed, so keep your eyes peeled :) As far as grammar technicalities go, we have two very dedicated writers on our team who are going to do their best to catch and obliterate all of those pesky grammatical errors! Once again, thank you for your thoughtful feedback. We hope that our final product lives up to your expectations ;)

~ Tajina, DICESUKI

tantivy
Regular

#11 Post by tantivy »

Yes! I think it’s interesting that Lucette’s relationship problems with her family stem from her own issues, rather than her new family members being cruel as in the original Cinderella. I’m excited learn what the Fairytale Curse involves, but I will wait patiently to find out in the game. ^^ I wonder how glass slippers might play a role in this story.

I love all the art you’ve shown us so far! The sprites are so pretty. Although the ones in Locked Heart were nice, I think the anatomy/poses of these look more pleasing, and the coloring on them is superb. I especially like the soft shading of the folds in the fabric of the clothing.
Are the backgrounds original from your team too? The one in the mock screenshot is really beautiful and impressive. It’s definitely more refined than the ones from Locked Heart.
All of these assets must have taken a long time to create and they came out looking stunning, so great work!!

I think I’ll play Waltz’s route first. So far he seems the most appealing to me in both looks and personality. Fritzgerald comes in second place and is also adorbs~ I’m sure I will end up playing all the routes, though!
Lucette seems like she’ll be a really interesting protag. Even though she and I don’t seem much alike, I think it will be fun to step into her shoes.

I was really excited to see this thread and all the progress you’ve already made! Your team is super talented, and I wish you all the best. Locked Heart was great all-around. I can't wait to play Cinderella Phenomenon!

Dicesuki
Regular

#12 Post by Dicesuki »

@tantivy, we're so glad that you find Lucette interesting as a main character! She's rather unique as a heroine, given her disposition, and we're hoping that makes her a fun MC. The glass slipper will definitely be making an appearance... Though for now it will simply remain a mysterious (if not familiar) symbol ; ) Kooriko's put a lot of effort into the art for this game, and we're glad you like it! :) The backgrounds were actually commissioned, and are by the very talented DaoDao, who is also on LSF! They definitely bring incredible atmosphere to the game. We hope that you enjoy all of the routes when you play them, and that you like Lucette as the MC. Thank you so much for the support, and we really hope you enjoy the game once it is released!

~ Tajina, DICESUKI

evanelle

#13 Post by evanelle »

You told enough to get my attention yet not enough to cause disinterest. Already I'm intrigued. I'm especially pleased to see how deeply the heroine is involved.

I have not played Locked Heart, though I've seen it around before; yes, I see vast improvement and the style is definitely appealing.

Currently undecided. I do find the heroine lovely, however.

To be honest, I'm usually not impressed with OELVNs. I've been playing JP otome games for a pretty long time now, so standards are rather high. But I registered an account here just to comment after seeing your Tumblr post. The concept is fascinating and the writing seems stellar so far from what you've shown, plus the art is quite adorable. I'm looking forward to this and I can't wait for the release.

Dicesuki
Regular

#14 Post by Dicesuki »

@evanelle, thank you so much for your support across all our platforms! We hope that you are not disappointed when the game is finally released.

~ Jessica Rose, DICESUKI

Baky
Regular
Tumblr: delicrieux

#15 Post by Baky »

Woah woah! I released an excited squeal when I saw this haha

To be honest, the whole fairy tale thing is a bit cliche fr my taste but I'll give it a shot. The game looks very promising.

The art is absolutely lovely!!!!! It really has improved! <3

I'm undecided yet. I'll wait and see how the characters work together and the plot plays out and only then will I decide. :D

I guess this is not really a critique, more of a heads up. I noted that there are A LOT of words in this story. Words are very, very important, especially if you want to bring your beautiful characters to life. Locked Heart didn't have the best writing in my opinion. The characters (and the heroine alike) were too...well, Mary-Sue. But that's just my opinion. :D Anyway, be aware of the writing bit. All in all, I'm looking forward to what this game has to offer. Keep up the good work!
♡I write things for fun.♡