Angels & Demigods [SciFi,VR/3D (Vive,GearVR,Cardboard),VN]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
bunny.jessican
Regular
Completed: Invisible Apartment
Projects: Angels & Demigods, Invisible Apartment

Angels & Demigods [SciFi,VR/3D (Vive,GearVR,Cardboard),VN]

#1 Post by bunny.jessican »

Travel with us into the distant future in which man plays god by creating angels to protect him. Immerse yourself in an alien world and discover why you were woken up after a long slumber. Meet friends and foes, discover their objectives and most importantly try to stay alive. Angels & Demigods is an atmospheric sci-fi visual novel being brought to you in VR. It is a story and dialogue centered visual novel game in which you create your own adventure by carefully choosing what you say and do.
The story takes place in the distant future on the Saturn's moon Enceladus.

We will be releasing for VR platforms like the HTC Vive, Gear VR, Google Cardboard, but also as a standalone desktop app.
-

Angels & Demigods is developed by 7 Keys Studios based in Bratislava, Slovakia.

-
Articles:

https://versions.killscreen.com/new-gam ... -novel-vr/
http://www.mobilevrdaily.com/coming-soo ... s-preview/
-
Follow us on Twitter :)

https://twitter.com/7keystudios
Attachments
The Doc in the lab, Angels & Demigods VR VN
The Doc in the lab, Angels & Demigods VR VN
Enceladus, Saturn & logo, Angels & Demigods VR VN
Enceladus, Saturn & logo, Angels & Demigods VR VN
512x512asset4.jpg

Miss Skizzors
Regular

Re: Angels & Demigods [SciFi,VR/3D (Vive,GearVR,Cardboard),V

#2 Post by Miss Skizzors »

Hmm, I see. VR is an interesting platform for a project like this, but I really like it. Darn, if only I had the tech for this. I wish you luck with the release of your project.

bunny.jessican
Regular

#3 Post by bunny.jessican »

Miss Skizzors wrote:Hmm, I see. VR is an interesting platform for a project like this, but I really like it. Darn, if only I had the tech for this. I wish you luck with the release of your project.
Many thanks! :) I first also thought that I'd need something more expensive to run it & I didn't try to purchase any VR tech (we have an HTC Vive, GearVR, etc. only at the company), but at home I just have a Homido VR and it works. It's 5% the price of the Vive, I use my iPhone 5c with it & it does the job. I wouldn't have thought that a VR viewer for $50 would be good, but it actually is. The entry point / prices for the alternatives are just too high.

There is also the classical Google Cardboard and a ton of licensed Cardboard Viewers which are less than the Homido +/- $50 (one can pick them up for about $10), but I don't like holding a paper-box in-front of my eyes myself.

I first was a skeptic, but then when I experienced how much more immersive the experience is I no longer think that VR is just a gimmick. There is a lot of hype indeed & I wouldn't recommend it for all types of games though. Rollercoaster games / fast movement ones make me sick. But for VNs this is ideal.

Miss Skizzors
Regular

#4 Post by Miss Skizzors »

Interesting. Well, unfortunately I'll have to pass on this one. I don't even own a phone, let alone anything I could use with a VR device, Probably can't even afford a $50 VR set right now. But hey, when I get super mega rich (and obviously famous) from my VNs, I'll buy your thing. XD

Seriously though, from what I can see of your project, I love it. Keep up the good work.

bunny.jessican
Regular

#5 Post by bunny.jessican »

Miss Skizzors wrote:Interesting. Well, unfortunately I'll have to pass on this one. I don't even own a phone, let alone anything I could use with a VR device, Probably can't even afford a $50 VR set right now. But hey, when I get super mega rich (and obviously famous) from my VNs, I'll buy your thing. XD

Seriously though, from what I can see of your project, I love it. Keep up the good work.
Thanks you! :) I appreciate the support! Good luck with your VNs too! ;)

Electromancer
Regular
Completed: A New and Beautiful World [Ludum Dare 30], Lull [Ludum Dare 31], Palinurus [NaNoRenO 2015], Seeds of Sylvia [Secret Santa 2015], Fare Thee Well [NaNoRenO 2016]
Projects: Republic of Stories
Organization: Freelance

#6 Post by Electromancer »

A virtual reality VN?

What an amazing idea; something I definitely wouldn't have come up with on my own.

I wish you the best of luck!
Student activist. Son of immigrants. Published poet, author. Young but experienced freelance writer at $0.05/word, DM for portfolio. Buddhist. BLM.

bunny.jessican
Regular

#7 Post by bunny.jessican »

Electromancer wrote:A virtual reality VN?

What an amazing idea; something I definitely wouldn't have come up with on my own.

I wish you the best of luck!
Thanks! :)

It was a coincidence - I met my partner Stan Kuhn some time ago & he has an AR/VR company & a lot of IP. When we met he showed me all this technology / tech that's been lying there. I've thought that VR would be ideal for storytelling, because it has you be immersed in the story, the music & atmosphere and so we began developing this game.

I see some people move from VNs to a more RPG approach or to something more interactive, still 2D - I think that's still a way to go if developed correctly, but I wouldn't overdo it. I still think that VNs as-is are really good and what we should work on are things like presentations, the platform, etc. What I want to say is - there's definitely space in the VN realm to develop things further :)