Cat Stew (GxB, Romance, Comedy, Fantasy(?), #SunoFes)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Miss Nay
Deviantart: JaiselArcher

Cat Stew (GxB, Romance, Comedy, Fantasy(?), #SunoFes)

#1 Post by Miss Nay »

Cat Stew
-Story-
The witch Nairsy caught two stray cats for dinner one afternoon, but they managed to escape their cage, and knock over her incomplete bottle of Humcatan, transforming them into grown men, while still retaining their cat ears and tail. She can't allow them to leave, since the residents of the nearby village will eventually see them, resulting in her getting punished for manipulating different species. So, she promises the guys that if they stay, she'll create a complete version of the potion to get them back to their original forms. Her true goal is to eat them when they turn back into cats, of course. But she keeps that to herself.

Try to win the trust of your desired cat guy, and when the time comes, eat him... or not.
-Characters-
Nairsy the Witch (Name changeable)
A second-rate witch who lives on the edge of Bumbling forest.
She's really awkward around people, and she comes off as creepy to children.
Has no redeeming qualities except for being able to make a mean bowl of cat stew.
Veil the Black Cat
He's a superstitious black cat currently living with Nairsy. Every day, Nairsy tells him a fake superstition
just to mess with him. He's pretty mistrusting of things that don't pertain to superstitions.
It seems that he only gets along best with Nectar.
Nectar the Brown Cat
A brown cat currently living with Nairsy.
He's easygoing and lazes around all day, but when he feels like it,
he tries to teach himself how to read the books Nairsy has lying around.
He's very observant, though he doesn't seem like it.
-Features-
- 2 obtainable characters
- 6 endings (1 good and bad ending for each guy, and 2 other shared endings)
- A CG gallery
This is hopefully my entry for Sunofes and my first visual novel. I really hope I finish in time.

-Questions-
1. Does this story seem interesting to you?
2. Are you okay with playing as a character who likes to eat... cats? (She won't be eating any cats during the game.. maybe.)
3. Do the characters seem interesting to you? Is there one that you like more than the others?
Feel free to comment/ask questions if you have any. ^.^

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Cat Stew (GxB, Romance, Comedy, Fantasy(?), #SunoFes)

#2 Post by Zelan »

1. Does this story seem interesting to you?: It does! I love fantasy, and while the concept of falling in love with a prisoner isn't really new, you've added your own stuff to it so that you have your own story. c:
2. Are you okay with playing as a character who likes to eat... cats?: I love cats (I have three), but I don't have a problem with playing a character who eats them. At the end of the day, they are meat, after all, and everyone's got different tastes. Besides, if any cat-eating does take place in this VN, it doesn't seem like you're going to go out of your way to describe it in gory detail.
3. Do the characters seem interesting to you? Is there one that you like more than the others?: They're all interesting! I like that the protagonist is a recluse, and the idea of a superstitious black cat is hilarious. And Nectar's adorable! I'd like to see him make some progress with learning to read, if that would fit into your story.

Miss Nay
Deviantart: JaiselArcher

#3 Post by Miss Nay »

@Zelan Thank you for taking an interest in my game! I'm glad that you don't mind playing as a person who likes eating cats. I was wondering if that might bother some people... :oops: I'm also glad that you find my characters interesting. They're kinda weird and silly XD. Nectar's definitely going to make progress on teaching himself to read. I imagine that him reading is gonna be important at some point int the story.

Konoi
Regular
Deviantart: Kurozora-Konoi

#4 Post by Konoi »

Hey, just stumbled upon this page, and this seems pretty interesting so I'll answer your questions!

1. Does this story seem interesting to you?
While not the most interesting I've seen, it's pretty unique, so it's very intriguing.
2. Are you okay with playing as a character who likes to eat... cats? (She won't be eating any cats during the game.. maybe.)
Yeah, sure, I don't mind. I love cats, but I don't mind. I wouldn't mind trying cat meat myself is someone gave it to me, to be honest, since liking an animal per se doesn't mean you can't like it's meat, and I'm a big meat lover.
3. Do the characters seem interesting to you? Is there one that you like more than the others?
They seem nice enough, but I don't know if one catches my attention more than the others. Maybe Veil...