Legend of Rune [BxB][Fantasy][RPG][Puzzle] Demo/Kickstarter!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
RunePrincess

Legend of Rune [BxB][Fantasy][RPG][Puzzle] Demo/Kickstarter!

#1 Post by RunePrincess »

Legend of Rune [BxB][Fantasy][RPG][Puzzle]Demo/Kickstarter!

Announcing Legend of Rune - A BL / yaoi visual novel with puzzle and RPG elements!

-Four different romance candidates to choose from, each of which plays an important role in the story!

-Beautiful sprites, BGs, and CGs!

-A dramatic and thrilling story, where your choices affect the outcome!

-8 unique endings!

-A puzzle-battle system!

-Explore the world!
“100 years from now, a child will be born who bears the mark of the fire clan on his face. When this boy grows older, he will become so powerful that the entire world will be destroyed by his hands.”

Meet Rune; a young fire mage who has been destined to destroy the world.

Rune grew up living in hiding with his father, Len. They lived peacefully in their small secluded cabin, but then, one day, soldiers from the Kingdom of Salvis came and took Rune away.

The kingdom keeps him imprisoned for five years, until, on his 18th birthday, Rune blacks out and wakes up to find himself in the middle of a forest. In his confusion, Rune begins to wander through the woods, and his journey to escape his destiny begins.

On his adventure, Rune meets 4 other mages that aid him in his travels; each with their own desires and motives for joining Rune’s party. What secrets do these men hold?
Thanks for reading everyone! Let us know if you have any questions or comments! Again, you can download the demo, find more info about the game, or support our Kickstarter here:
Demo/Kickstarter
Credits:
Writers: SMoth & Ryan
Sprite, CG, & BG Art: Fuyuure
Programmer: SMoth
Logo Art: Potouto
Puzzle UI Art: Atomic-Invasion
Chibi Art: Ayachin
Trailer Music: Lionface
Voice of Rune: Melifiry

- Eris
Regular

Re: Legend of Rune [BxB][Fantasy][RPG][Puzzle] Demo/Kickstar

#2 Post by - Eris »

Another promising BL game, yes!!!!

I was a bit sad about something today and I came here to see if something new was released or any new projects and I found yours and my sadness disappeared the moment I saw your amazing art!
The demo was really short but I enjoyed it! I really like puzzle games like the one you used for the battle system, I don't remember playing a VN with that kind of game so that makes me more excited to continue playing it!

As I said before, your art is amazing, I love the character designs, they all look so amazingly hot!!! Ehem, I mean cute!
I was expecting to meet the 4 of them in the demo but I guess each one of them appears in some specific moment so you couldn't show them all without giving more spoilers of the storyline so it's okay.
So far I like Nikolas the most and of course Zero 'cause who doesn't like the hard to get one? Hahahhaha
I hope I can support the game, right now I can't but maybe in a couple of months I'll be able to contribute with at least the minimum, till then I'll be keeping and eye on your progress!

So far the game looks really cool so keep up the awesome work!

RunePrincess

#3 Post by RunePrincess »

Ahh~ thank you Eris! Hearing that the game cheered you up has brightened my day as well~!!

We would have liked to release a demo where you get to meet everyone, but we didn't have the art assets finished for continuing on with the story, and there is going to be quite a bit of time in between meeting each character in the full game.

And I'm glad to hear that you like Nikolas and Zero so far! We're having a Tumblr campaign where we'll be releasing topless pictures of the guys depending on how many notes we get on our Kickstarter post, and we've almost gotten enough for Nikolas pictures (yay)! It's at http://legendofrune.tumblr.com if you want to check it out (if you haven't already)!

Thanks again for the kind words!!

RunePrincess

#4 Post by RunePrincess »

Here are some additional images of Mikhail and Zero!

Mikhail:

Zero:

Angie
Regular

#5 Post by Angie »

Oh, Godness! Such amazing art & title design is so cool! Putting puzzle elements in VN is always a fun addition :3

This game looks very promising. Aurin and Mikhail are my favorite for now on, they look like they could have an amazing character development in the story :3 I wish you all the good luck!

Actually, I might stream the demo when I got a while. Really eager to try it out. Keep up good work!
Writer | PL-ENG/ENG-PL translator| Renpy Coder

- Eris
Regular

#6 Post by - Eris »

OMG ZERO *DIES*
Oh god... I wasn't repared for that.... really lol
But where are those tumblr notes I wanna see my Nikolaaaaaaas T__T
Btw now that I can see it complete, I really reallly really like Zero's armour design, and that tattoo is soooo cool,
it's like a symbol of his element? Like the one Rune has? So the others might have one as well? Edit: I just noticed Aurin's!!! Now I wonder where are Nikolas and Mikhail's ones...
I put that in spoilers 'cause if it's like that I don't wanna spoil the idea to others >.<

RunePrincess

#7 Post by RunePrincess »

Thank you so much for the kind words Angie! And you streaming the demo would be totally awesome! Someone actually told us that they found our game through a stream!

Glad to hear you like Zero Eris, haha! Hopefully we'll be able to release Nikolas' pictures soon! You seem to be onto something here as well! *wink wink*

RunePrincess

#8 Post by RunePrincess »

Here's a new special CG we released to celebrate Legend of Rune hitting its initial funding goal!! Our next goal is for voice acting!

We also have a full-size version of the image available on our Kickstarter!

Thanks everyone!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#9 Post by Zelan »

Pfft, I love how everyone else is getting all cuddly with Rune and Zero's just standing to the side all stoic.

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran
Projects: Ethereal Creatures

#10 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

Wow everything about this looks amazing (Eye candy art) ~Definitely will support you on kickstarter. (Perhaps the intro seems a bit rushed to me, thats all)
ImageImage

Velvet Breath

#11 Post by Velvet Breath »

Oh my goshhhhhhhh this looks gorgeous

What's the estimated price once it's out? I'm not used to Kickstarter, so I'm not sure which is the price OTL

RunePrincess

#12 Post by RunePrincess »

Ahhh thank you all for the kind words and feedback~! Our planned price for the game is $20.

wyverngem
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Simple as Snow, Lady Luck's Due,
Projects: Aether Skies, Of the Waterfall
Tumblr: casting-dreams
itch: castingdreams

#13 Post by wyverngem »

You have a wonderful artist on your team. The story catches my eyes and I think it'd be interesting. How long is the full game and what's the game play like? To be honest I think I'd be more interested in the story if all the featured characters weren't all male.

RunePrincess

#14 Post by RunePrincess »

Thanks for the kind words and feedback wyverngem! We're not exactly sure about the length of the game yet, but it should be slightly longer than your average visual novel, just because of the additional puzzle battles. The gameplay is similar to a regular visual novel, but there are also intermittent puzzle battle sequences throughout the story. The player will be able to fight random battles outside of the main story as well. Thanks!

RunePrincess

#15 Post by RunePrincess »

We also released some additional Nikolas pictures!: