It will be a free VN for Steam. I am also including many RPG elements.
I am mostly a writer and a programmer, however I'm also learning and working on the artwork myself.
I will include as much information as I can with respect to the gameplay.
The actual story is quite deep and I have not yet revealed any information regarding the plot and events.
My goal is to provide the gaming community with something spectacular for my first game.
Therefore, I would love to hear your feedback in this early stage of development!
Please note: Any information posted here is subject to change.
Thanks in advance for taking the time to read!
Important Update - 2017
Code: Select all
Hello! I have an important update regarding Welcome to Intergalactic High! (hereby after referred to as IH) I discovered Ren'Py in Sept. 2016, and immediately delved into creating this VN concept, Welcome to IH. The more I elaborated on the Visual Novel, the more I realized that Ren'Py is an extremely versatile and powerful engine. When 2017 began, I evaluated my life plans (as I've been doing for the last three years), and I realized that Ren'Py is suitable enough to carry out my original intention in video game development. See, I am a self taught programmer in multiple languages, despite my University studies being in a different field, ever since I was 12 years old there has been a very specific game that I want to create. Realizing that Ren'Py is powerful enough to enable me to fully create the game I have always desired, it was a heavy burden for me, but I made the decision to put Welcome to IH on a HOLD status, so that I can fully focus on the development of this new game, the true spiritual successor to Final Fantasy Tactics (the original, not Advance). The systems that I have already created for my tactics game, will undoubtedly be used in Welcome to IH. I still intend to make IH mostly Visual Novel gameplay (i.e. story based, decision making, and in-depth plot). However, I would like to bring IH to life with a simple Point and Click movement and exploration system, that I am going to base off the Tile Based map engine I am creating for the tactics game. For now, I wanted to announce this, for the few who have been following the progress of Welcome to IH. I will be posting updates on the Tactics Engine that I am creating as soon as I have marketable artwork and no placeholders. I already have two artists on standby for the completion of the game engine, as well as a music+sound artist, and a music producer. Thus far, I have an Inventory System, Squad Management System, Equipment System, Ability System, fully functional with Save/Load, and I will be working on Map Exploration next, with Biome and Faction system following suit. At some point I will create a WiP thread for the new game, however I am debating whether to do that after crowdfunding. In any case, please know that Welcome to IH is on HOLD status in the meantime. The new game will be a commercial distribution, so it will also help to fuel the development of Welcome to IH at a later time. For any questions, feel free to contact me via my Twitter account. Thanks for all of the feedback in this forum! I will be using the same thread once development of Welcome to IH continues. ^^
Code: Select all
Latest Updates: --- 11/25/2016 --- Modified some info regarding completion dates / added estimated completion --- 10/21/2016 --- Added Character Extra: Asura, the Social & Cultural Studies teacher Added Character Extra: Velio, the Science & Technology teacher --- 10/15 - 10/19 (2016) --- Updated all of the races to image format --- 9/18 - 9/29 (2016) --- Formatting, races info, screenshots & video previews
Mankind has recently made contact with extraterrestrial life. After a few years of diplomatic relations, a cultural exchange program has been established, which will allow a small group of human students to attend an Intergalactic High School for the first time. In this story, you will be one of the human students who have been selected for this amazing experience!
Will you obey the rules and be a good student?
Will you be a slacker and disrespect the teachers?
Or will you just sit and idly watch as the school year goes by?
Or maybe a bit of everything?
What you do will not necessarily change the events that are about to occur at Intergalactic High.
However, based on what you do, you CAN choose which side you wish to join!
So, are you ready for a school year like no other?
- IH stands for 'Intergalactic High'
- These features are subject to change as the development process continues.
- A day-by-day structure reminiscent of the Persona games (done!).
- A stat-based choice system reminiscent of the Fallout games (done!).
- A psychology system where your character's thoughts and actions change based on your choices (in progress, ties with entire storyline!).
- A favor system reminiscent of the Mass Effect games where you can befriend or become enemy with the main characters.
- Free Time where you choose if you want to raise stats by going to a facility, go have fun, or just waste the day sleeping (in progress!).
- Romantic Options: Three girls to pursue. Get the right stats up, and act accordingly based on the girl you want to conquer!
- Date System: On Saturday nights, you'll be able to invite a romantic option to one of multiple venues for a date.
- Dates from Hell: This happens if you take your date to the wrong venue, or well...say the wrong things.
- Dozens of choice events that will modify many aspects of the game including:
- favor with teachers
- favor with students of other races
- character psychology
- unlocking hidden events
- A school ranking system that takes into account your answers in class, tests, and performance during missions.
- You can fail all tests and missions and still complete the game!
- Optional exploration missions with 20 different outcomes (video preview coming soon!)
- Hidden scenes by visiting specific locations on specific days.
- Different endings based on your overall psychological development.
- Over 200,000 words projected (according to a weight measurement system based on the current word count)
(Don't worry! You won't see all 200k words in a single playthrough.)