[Deleted]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Windchimes
Veteran
Projects: Reanimation Scheme, Emberfate: Tempest of Elements
Organization: Wind Chimes Games

[Deleted]

#1 Post by Windchimes »

[Deleted]
Last edited by Windchimes on Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:40 am, edited 29 times in total.

Windchimes
Veteran

[Deleted]

#2 Post by Windchimes »

[Deleted]
Last edited by Windchimes on Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:40 am, edited 8 times in total.

Harliqueen
Veteran
Completed: Diving in Deep (NaNo15) The Lady's Choice(NaNo16) The Crossroads(NaNo17)
Projects: The Curse of Creek Edge
Organization: Seraphinite
Tumblr: seraphinitegames
Deviantart: SeraphiniteGames
itch: seraphinite

Re: The Masquerade Killer[GxB][Otome|Historical Romance|Myst

#3 Post by Harliqueen »

1. What do you think about the story / characters so far?
It sounds really interesting! I like the idea of the murder mystery, and all the bits and pieces going into the plot :)

2. Who is your favorite character at the moment?
Probably Julius, sounds like he's going to be an interesting one to figure out!

3. How much would you be willing to pay for this game? Or how much do you think would be a fair price for this game?
I don't know. Price depends on a lot of factors. You got to go with what you consider is best. A lot of work is obviously going into it!

4. Any other comments or questions?
Really looking forward to seeing more about this. Will be keeping a close eye on development :D Good luck with the project!
Completed: Diving in Deep/The Lady's Choice/The Crossroads
Current WIP: The Curse of Creek Edge (NaNo2020)

Amy_oai
Regular
Tumblr: obsessionaboutillusions

#4 Post by Amy_oai »

1. What do you think about the story / characters so far?`
A murder mystery otome sounds really neat!

2. Who is your favorite character at the moment?
Probably Seth, his mindset and morals intrigue me.

3. How much would you be willing to pay for this game? Or how much do you think would be a fair price for this game?
As Harliqueen said, it depends on a lot of factors. Usually for visual novels with me, anything above 15 dollars needs to be carefully reviewed first if I'm willing to spend more than that on it.

4. Any other comments or questions?
This looks really cool! Good luck with the project and I'll follow your development as you post ^^
Image Image Image Image

Windchimes
Veteran

[Deleted]

#5 Post by Windchimes »

[Deleted]
Last edited by Windchimes on Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#6 Post by Zelan »

1. What do you think about the story / characters so far?
I've always been drawn to fiction dealing with crime rings, secret organizations, and the like, so this should be pretty cool. The characters are interesting enough, but I feel like there aren't enough of them to really grab my interest. (It is listed that there are going to be 10 sprites, so I'm assuming that there are more characters that you haven't revealed for one reason or another.) The three characters that you have revealed seem to fall squarely into a few tropes: the tsundere protagonist, the suave, desirable love interest, and the cheerful childhood friend. I'm sure that there is more than just that to the characters, especially considering the setting, but the descriptions don't do the "more" any justice. The only one who really deviates pretty far from his archetype is Seth; he's described as having come to terms with his "irredeemable sins," which usually turns out a more bitter or reserved character, so I would be interested in seeing how that all plays out. Julius's temper is also something of a deviation, but he's not nearly as intriguing as Seth is. The protagonist seems pretty standard, if I'm being honest, although I am interested in the fact that she has no knowledge about the circumstances of her birth. That's less about her actual character, though, and more about her backstory.
2. Who is your favorite character at the moment? Seth. As explained above, he's the most interesting of the three because his personality seems the least hackneyed.
3. How much would you be willing to pay for this game? Or how much do you think would be a fair price for this game? Man, I hate this question. How does one put a price tag on art? :/ Dramatics aside... I'd say anything ranging from $7.50 - $12.00, based on the amount of content? It should probably be noted that this is absolutely NOT something that I have any experience in since I've never purchased a commercial VN before. I do agree with what Amy_oai said about having a point where I would consider more carefully, although I think my price threshold would be closer to $20 that $15.
4. Any other comments or questions? Is there a reason that the other 7 sprites haven't been revealed? My guesses would be that they either aren't finished, are spoilers, or aren't important enough to the plot, but it would be nice to know for certain. Are you planning to reveal any more sprites during development or will they stay under wraps until the final game?

Kumiho
Regular
Completed: Lads in Distress NaNo
Projects: The Thousandth Day

#7 Post by Kumiho »

Zelan wrote:
Thanks a ton for your comments!! ♥♥ We thought differently with regard to the characters, however. It seems we prioritized their backgrounds over their personalities in their profiles, hence the potential confusion ;o; While the characters certainly do fall into tropes [then again, few characters don't at their core ;)], we're not thinking of the same tropes for the characters LMAO.

For example, we don't consider Elvira a "tsundere" in the strictest sense -- our interpretation of tsunderes are characters who struggle to contain their temper / use venom to cover up their fluster. Meanwhile, Elvira has regressed completely as a result of past trauma to the point that she doesn't have high-strung emotions to cover up, at least in the beginning of the story! ;) Any cold words from her are out of an inability to empathize (since, to her, all words are equal & affect her the same way -- that is, not at all) rather than embarrassment or temper. If anything, Julius is much more of a tsundere LMAO, and he certainly won't be suave to Elvira. After all, he's not exactly happy that some strange, fishy girl is pretending to be his newly murdered fiancee in front of the London society -- especially when he's considered a murder suspect for Elvira to investigate. Finally, Seth... I'm sorry to disappoint you, but Seth isn't exactly bitter or reserved. While obviously he'll face his share of internal turmoil read:angst, he'll probably be the happiest, most excitable character in the game. x'D We hope you enjoy his route regardless ;o;

Regarding the sprites, none of the side characters have been completely drawn yet, sadly :cry: Please check back on the "progress" section in our first post for rough percentages of completion ~ Even if they were completed, though, details about most of the characters probably won't ever be revealed (that is, unless you play the game and see for yourself!), since they tend to be rather spoilery. In any case, the story does focus primarily on Elvira & her selected love interest, although the other characters will be developed and as well-rounded as we can make them within the limited word count!

Thanks again for the comments~ We really appreciate them & will be taking them into account! 8'D ♥♥♥♥ And oh gosh, we definitely won't be going over $20 for this game, so you don't need to worry about that! x'D

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#8 Post by Zelan »

Kumiho wrote:Thanks a ton for your comments!! ♥♥ We thought differently with regard to the characters, however. It seems we prioritized their backgrounds over their personalities in their profiles, hence the potential confusion ;o; While the characters certainly do fall into tropes [then again, few characters don't at their core ;)], we're not thinking of the same tropes for the characters LMAO.

For example, we don't consider Elvira a "tsundere" in the strictest sense -- our interpretation of tsunderes are characters who struggle to contain their temper / use venom to cover up their fluster. Meanwhile, Elvira has regressed completely as a result of past trauma to the point that she doesn't have high-strung emotions to cover up, at least in the beginning of the story! ;) Any cold words from her are out of an inability to empathize (since, to her, all words are equal & affect her the same way -- that is, not at all) rather than embarrassment or temper. If anything, Julius is much more of a tsundere LMAO, and he certainly won't be suave to Elvira. After all, he's not exactly happy that some strange, fishy girl is pretending to be his newly murdered fiancee in front of the London society -- especially when he's considered a murder suspect for Elvira to investigate. Finally, Seth... I'm sorry to disappoint you, but Seth isn't exactly bitter or reserved. While obviously he'll face his share of internal turmoil read:angst, he'll probably be the happiest, most excitable character in the game. x'D We hope you enjoy his route regardless ;o;
I guess our definitions of 'tsundere' are different, then, since you basically described what I think of. cx (Your definition is probably the "right" one, though, since I sort of interpreted it how I thought made sense.)

Hmm, that does make Julius a lot more interesting. Usually the "eligible bachelor" types act all gentlemanly towards anyone, so the fact that he doesn't do that for Elvira is something I wouldn't have expected (although, given the circumstances you described, it does make a lot of sense).

And no worries about Seth! What I had meant was that I would have expected his character to be bitter, so the fact that he's the opposite of that is what interested me the most. ^_^ Sorry for the confusion! I have trouble wording things so that my thoughts are understandable sometimes.

I guess my final bit of advice for the future would be to consider leaning more towards the personalities of the characters than towards their backstories when making a summary, since I think that's what tends to get people's attention. I could be an exception, though, so see if anyone else has the same thoughts about it. c:

Windchimes
Veteran

[Deleted]

#9 Post by Windchimes »

[Deleted]
Last edited by Windchimes on Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: The Masquerade Killer[GxB/G/N][Otome|Regency|Mystery] RE

#10 Post by Zelan »

whOA that's different. :o Elvira's gorgeous.

I'm a bit torn because I liked how RSoF was with the two love interests, but at the same time I think it's really cool that you've added LIs of two other genders. I guess it does kinda make sense - more LIs means more content, and people tend to like their commercial games a bit longer.

I remember seeing that logo in potouto's thread! I was excited to see it since I figured it meant you guys were getting back to this project. Looking forward to seeing the new characters revealed!

Windchimes
Veteran

[Deleted]

#11 Post by Windchimes »

[Deleted]
Last edited by Windchimes on Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#12 Post by Zelan »

Windchimes wrote::D Our artist has improved so much, hasn't she? Glad you like the new art!
Oh, yes, definitely. ^_^ It's always amazing to me how artists seem to get infinitely better over time. Like, I'll see art and think "Wow, that's great!" and then the same artist will post something 2 months later and I'll think, "Wow, that's GREATER!"
Out of curiosity, what did you like about RSoF with 2 love interests? I'd like to see what we can take away from what we did well in RSoF and if we could still incorporate the dynamics or such in TMK as well ^^
Well, when talking about VNs in general I like it when the other characters aren't forgotten just because the player is on a different character's route. It tends to be easier to incorporate all of the characters with a smaller cast. So RSoF, for example, although it didn't have overly many scenes featuring all three characters at one time, had those few scenes spaced out and written in such a way that I could tell that they were all close with one another.

Also, while lots of romance options can be cool, I feel like they make more of an impact when there are less characters. 4 isn't too many, of course, but if a VN only has, say, 1 love interest, I won't be picking a favorite out of a bunch; that one will have all of the impact it needs to. More routes can still have an effect, but to do so the romances have to be different enough that they're all likable and memorable in different ways.

I'm not sure if I got my point across since that was kinda rambly, but do you get what I'm trying to say? (I need to stop coming online at night - that's when I write these weird, half-awake paragraphs. cx)
The next two chars to be posted will be old ones (Julius and Seth), just with new art, but don't worry, the two new love interests will come soon! <3
Awesome!! I can't wait to see them. ^_^

Windchimes
Veteran

[Deleted]

#13 Post by Windchimes »

[Deleted]
Last edited by Windchimes on Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#14 Post by Zelan »

Ahh, good luck with Steam. I've heard that it's tough to get everything working on there.

Oh, yeah, of course I didn't expect every LI to be highlighted in every route. It DOES depend on the story; sometimes it even makes more sense not to have them in other routes. I just tend to prefer it that way. ^_^ As long as they all get some screen time, I'm cool with it.

Yeah, I saw your recruitment post! ^_^ I'm excited for NaNo this year, I think there'll be a lot of cool projects.

Seth's sprite looks fantastic! He looks so cheerful. <3 I love the way his hair is drawn.

Windchimes
Veteran

[Deleted]

#15 Post by Windchimes »

[Deleted]
Last edited by Windchimes on Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.