Ethereal Creatures [Otome, Supernatural, 18+][Demo]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
melelisun
Regular
Projects: Zodiac•Axis, Lucid9
Tumblr: lunachaili

Re: Ethereal Creatures [Otome, Supernatural, 18+]

#16 Post by melelisun »

Ooh, the art is very clean and polished! :D Though personally, I avoid 18+ games.

1. ??? Because random masked guy with much mystery. <3

2. I think that the lack of humans is fine. Populating it with a wide variety of mythical beings works to fill the world with characters. I'd be interested to see any explorations of how these races try to live in harmony - is there racism, prejudice, segregation? It doesn't have to be a primary theme, but it could be something that adds a great level to your narrative, even if it's all atmospheric. (E.g. characters don't directly struggle with racism, but run into obstacles because of others' perceptions, etc.)

3. All-ages version would be nice, but I imagine difficult to program.
Image Image

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#17 Post by Zelan »

melelisun wrote:2. I think that the lack of humans is fine. Populating it with a wide variety of mythical beings works to fill the world with characters. I'd be interested to see any explorations of how these races try to live in harmony - is there racism, prejudice, segregation? It doesn't have to be a primary theme, but it could be something that adds a great level to your narrative, even if it's all atmospheric. (E.g. characters don't directly struggle with racism, but run into obstacles because of others' perceptions, etc.)

I definitely agree with both of these.

A mature filter isn't impossible to program, although if you can't figure that out you could always just make it obvious when a sex scene is coming up and make it skippable. (e.g. MC and her lovely guy are making out on someone's bed and he asks if she wants to go all the way, she can answer yes/no.)

Darim
Regular
Organization: Setsuna Ken
Github: SetsunaKen

#18 Post by Darim »

As written in the initial post, there will be an option in the preference screen to turn the mature scenes off/on. ;)

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran
Projects: Ethereal Creatures

#19 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

melelisun wrote:Ooh, the art is very clean and polished! :D Though personally, I avoid 18+ games.

1. ??? Because random masked guy with much mystery. <3

2. I think that the lack of humans is fine. Populating it with a wide variety of mythical beings works to fill the world with characters. I'd be interested to see any explorations of how these races try to live in harmony - is there racism, prejudice, segregation? It doesn't have to be a primary theme, but it could be something that adds a great level to your narrative, even if it's all atmospheric. (E.g. characters don't directly struggle with racism, but run into obstacles because of others' perceptions, etc.)

Thank you :D Thanks so much for the suggestions I'll definitely try to add something of the sort to make narrative Moreno powerful. Yeah we might consider an all ages version but I think for now we will stick to the option to turn off mature scenes as Darim stated so it can all be in one game. That was a great idea though and something to consider, thank you!
ImageImage

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#20 Post by Zelan »

Darim wrote:As written in the initial post, there will be an option in the preference screen to turn the mature scenes off/on. ;)
Ah, looks like I missed that. Thank you! c:

melelisun
Regular
Projects: Zodiac•Axis, Lucid9
Tumblr: lunachaili

#21 Post by melelisun »

Zelan wrote:Ah, looks like I missed that. Thank you! c:
You and me both :'D
Image Image

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran

#22 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

Naked sprites are fully done! Currently working on a child Anika sprite. Demo outline is finished and is on the way :] We have also considered kickstarter to fund background and R18 CGs. Prefundia link will be available soon for critique and feedback.
ImageImage

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran

#23 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

Great news is that we have found a [temporary] background artist that is willing to make a few backgrounds for our demo! New logo has been added. Chibis are in progress. Prefundia is still in the works as well. And yay! Script has reaches 4k words for demo, an estimate of 15k for the finished script for demo. Also, we've completed young Anika for flashback scenes heh :) We are currently still looking for a CG artist that is willing to draw 5 or 6 CGs for now, of course the content is all ages for now until main routes.

This page is also getting slowly revamped, excuse my laziness...

Last edited by LadyOfGatsby on Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran

#24 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

Deleted because the GUI just changed drastically lol.
Last edited by LadyOfGatsby on Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Honorjoy

#25 Post by Honorjoy »

1. Who is your favorite character and why?

Based on pure physical features, I would have to say that my favorite character would be Ian.
Though in my head I can imagine him with a slight Yandere personality based off what can be gleamed off of his interest of Anika.

2. What do you think about the story?

I think the story sounds pretty interesting, I'm a big fan of fantasy and supernatural stories. So I look forward to the finished product or heck even the demo if one appears in the future.

3. Any suggestions or comments you have towards this game?

I have to say that I'm excited to see how this turns out, the characters all seem interesting and have unique backgrounds. I look forward to seeing the interaction between the characters. Just a question are you planning on seeing if you can get voice actors for this or are you planning not to? I've only seen a handful of otome games that have voices but I'm fine without voices as well. Oh! And before I get off track, I just saw the preview of the GUI you released. To clarify so I don't disappoint myself by getting too excited, this will be in released in English correct?

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran

#26 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

Honorjoy wrote:1. Who is your favorite character and why?

Based on pure physical features, I would have to say that my favorite character would be Ian.
Though in my head I can imagine him with a slight Yandere personality based off what can be gleamed off of his interest of Anika.

I think the story sounds pretty interesting, I'm a big fan of fantasy and supernatural stories. So I look forward to the finished product or heck even the demo if one appears in the future.

I have to say that I'm excited to see how this turns out, the characters all seem interesting and have unique backgrounds. I look forward to seeing the interaction between the characters. Just a question are you planning on seeing if you can get voice actors for this or are you planning not to? I've only seen a handful of otome games that have voices but I'm fine without voices as well. Oh! And before I get off track, I just saw the preview of the GUI you released. To clarify so I don't disappoint myself by getting too excited, this will be in released in English correct?
Hello, thanks for answering the questions :) As for your question, it will be in english haha, sorry I just used Lorem Ipsum text for random text generator to see how it would look like on the textbox. But yes, it will be released in english, sorry for the confusion! For voice actors, we haven't thought about it yet but will update with that information in the future~
ImageImage

RoseKokali

#27 Post by RoseKokali »

Honorjoy wrote:1. Who is your favorite character and why?

Hi! If anything, Ian would probably be the type to be mildly yandere. Though, he does have his reasons as well. Also, yes. There will be a demo released with a planned Kickstarter. If you want to have early access to the game, I would suggest having a look out for the Kickstarter, because you will have an opportunity there. Thanks for writing!
Last edited by RoseKokali on Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran

#28 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

Update#2
So backgrounds are in progress, as well as sketches for the CGs. Chibis are in progress as well. :D So far, we're at least 70% done with the writing for the demo. An estimate of words for the demo is at least 15k words. We've also added a new love interest that will only have the "bad end" route. Later changes for that route and characters for that will be revealed next month or so. Hope you enjoyed the short update!
ImageImage

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#29 Post by Zelan »

Hmmm, a character with only a bad end? That's pretty daring. I'm interested in how you'll pull that off.

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran

#30 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

Zelan wrote:Hmmm, a character with only a bad end? That's pretty daring. I'm interested in how you'll pull that off.
Lol it will definitely make sense when they are revealed. We considered making good ends but the character isn't exactly right in the head or sane. Depending on how things turn out, we may even make it possible for them to have good endings but to obtain the good end for this character, player would have to see the bad end first to understand overall character.
ImageImage