Ethereal Creatures [Otome, Supernatural, 18+][Demo]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
LadyOfGatsby
Veteran
Projects: Ethereal Creatures

Ethereal Creatures [Otome, Supernatural, 18+][Demo]

#1 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

Inspired by Mercedes Thompson series

The prophets of time have foretold that humans will one day take the reign over the world. It struck fear among many; harmony within the races collapsed. It stained the world with human blood until almost none was left. The existence of humans linger every now and then but the word is merely of the distant past.

Set in a modern yet futuristic world where humans cease to exist, supernatural beings have taken control over the world. Crime and death occur as a natural phenomenon. Tensions between races are rising to the point where war can wage at anytime. The system is corrupt and a dark force threatens to tear apart all races.

Play as Anika and determine the fate of the supernatural world.

Basic Info
The story will have a common route then branch off into 5 acts for each character other than the bad end for the brothers. Once all good ends for characters have been obtained then L's route will be unlocked.

Category: Otome, Visual Novel
Commercial or Free? Free.
Platform: PC. Windows / Mac / Linux.
Language: English.
Resolution: 1280x720
Endings: 12 endings
Genre: Romance, Supernatural, Drama
Ratings: 18+

Free to play
Option to turn off mature scenes
6 love interests
12 endings total
Gallery Screen
Custom Music
60+ CGs

Image Image
Nameable Protagonist
Our protagonist that has an odd obsession with cars. As a little girl, she enjoyed watching her uncle fix cars more than anything and took over the shop when he left. Anika is a descendant from an Indian tribe called "Acolapissa", meaning those who listen and see. She can shift into a coyote. Her powers allow her to glimpse at auras and speak to animals.

Image Image
Warren is the alpha werewolf next door. His life did not start out an easy one. When he was young he was adopted into the pack and eventually toughened up. As a leader and single dad, he currently devotes his time to his daughter and the pack. Around Murkwell, his name also strikes fear in many.

Image Image
Oz is a shapeshifter and can transform himself into any animal or supernatural being. His father, Erik, is also the great ruler of the land. As the youngest of five older brothers, he is often picked on and holds himself back when in fact he is talented. Oz is soft-hearted, hating himself because of how powerless he is. Currently he works as a spy for his father.

Image Image
V'laine is a wealthy lone vampires that does not belong to any house of vampires. He tends to be charismatic, deceiving, and sly. The reason he has a lot of "out of the norm" knowledge is because of his illegal work. V'laine is always surrounded by an aura of mysteriousness.

Image Image
Ian is a fallen angel that pursues Anika because he believes her soul belonged to his past lover. He was once a messenger angel in heaven but became stripped of his white wings. He spends his days doing odd jobs and repenting for his sin.

Image Image
This character's appearance is not a secret but his background information and name are all a secret.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Writer(s)- LadyOfGatsby, Snailmusk, Sephiric
Editor(s) - LegendEx, Lily, Zelan
CG Artist -Novclow
Sprite Artist- Tokiria
Animal Artist- JWhitney
Sound Effects- Soco Acapello, Freesounds.org, OddTilltheEnd
Logo Artist- Ds-Sans
GUI Artist- Mio
Background Artist- Angela Elgar
Music- ProjectTrinity
Programmer- Alex

1. Who is your favorite character and why?
2. What do you think about the story?
3. Any suggestions or comments you have towards this game?
4. If we do launch a kickstarter, what would you like to see?

There still needs to be positions filled for this game. Please pm me. Message me by email: sheng.valerie.xiong@gmail.com. Skype: vall3rie.
Objects
CG Artists
Last edited by LadyOfGatsby on Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:44 am, edited 130 times in total.
ImageImage

Asphodel Kioku
Projects: Zodiac Axis.

Re: Ethereal Creatures [Otome, Supernatural, 18+]

#2 Post by Asphodel Kioku »

Who is your favorite character and why?

I think that I like Oz. He looks like someone with a sharp tongue, but very honest. Also, looking at his artwork, I am sort of curious to why he has a mask on him that covers his mouth. It makes me curious on if it is because of his relationship between him and his parents and siblings? I think I may go and play his route first when this game is out.

What do you think about the story?

I really like how this is, considering that I have always been a fan of the genre of fantasy, romance and supernatural. I also wonder who L is? Knowing it's not his real name really gets at me. I wonder just about how much he will impact the story as a whole/in general? You do have my interest regardless though, so I will make sure to have an eye out for the release.

Any suggestions or comments you have towards this game?

I am wondering about when will this be out? I am glad that mature scenes are optional; I have never been fully able to wrap my finger around it and enjoy them fully. The artwork is very beautiful; I do hope you find the people you listed soon. Good luck with the game though otherwise.

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran

#3 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

Asphodel Kioku wrote:Who is your favorite character and why?

I think that I like Oz. He looks like someone with a sharp tongue, but very honest. Also, looking at his artwork, I am sort of curious to why he has a mask on him that covers his mouth. It makes me curious on if it is because of his relationship between him and his parents and siblings? I think I may go and play his route first when this game is out.

I really like how this is, considering that I have always been a fan of the genre of fantasy, romance and supernatural. I also wonder who L is? Knowing it's not his real name really gets at me. I wonder just about how much he will impact the story as a whole/in general? You do have my interest regardless though, so I will make sure to have an eye out for the release.

I am wondering about when will this be out? I am glad that mature scenes are optional; I have never been fully able to wrap my finger around it and enjoy them fully. The artwork is very beautiful; I do hope you find the people you listed soon. Good luck with the game though otherwise.
Thank you for the response, you answered the questions really nicely. As for the release date, I can't promise anything but am aiming for late 2017. It is a very long time but I would like quality and length of the game to be satisfactory.
ImageImage

RoseKokali

#4 Post by RoseKokali »

Asphodel Kioku wrote:Who is your favorite character and why?

About your question about Oz, we had actually not put in too much thought, but we came up with a reason after discussing it with Rikka and LadyOfGatsby. Although a clear and concise answer can't be given to prevent spoilers, we can say for sure it's half because of a personal issue. About who is L, he is someone you will be able to unlock, so we all promise that you won't be left in the dust!
Last edited by RoseKokali on Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wyverngem
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Simple as Snow, Lady Luck's Due,
Projects: Aether Skies, Of the Waterfall
Tumblr: casting-dreams
itch: castingdreams

#5 Post by wyverngem »

Have you read Moon Called by Patricia Briggs? That's what the premise of this story reminds me of.

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran

#6 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

wyverngem wrote:Have you read Moon Called by Patricia Briggs? That's what the premise of this story reminds me of.
i forgot to mention that but it is sort of insipired by Mercedes Thompson series. The plot however will be entirely different. I'm afraid I only mentioned that in my recruitment post and will put it on here too!
ImageImage

Crucifixian
Regular
Projects: Navneta franchise

#7 Post by Crucifixian »

Looks wise - V'laine
Personality - Oz due to mask and potential for character development.

A stereotypical love story, unless you pull out some surprising twists (eg: humans exist what)

Good luck, hopefully I'll keep updated with this, hopefully the music will be awesome!
For now no major comments unless you have something specific you are looking for?

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#8 Post by try10 »

V'laine cause he looks so handsome. And let's be honest... most of us go for the bad boys in otome games, hehehe. XD
I don't think I like the story very much. Too many different races that make no sense, which is kind of confusing, the plot lacks originality and the MC doesn't seem interesting at all. The only thing that caught my attention is the AMAZING ART and the 18+ part hehe ;)! The sprites are absolutely stunning. :D Seeing them naked would be a treat to my eyes.
I believe the game would have been more intriguing if you added something to spice things up a bit like make the MC human (last human alive? O_o) or if she had something that would make her more unique. A human that falls into this weird world, brought there for a secret mission? ... dunno...Coyotes, vampires, angels, shapeshifters, werewolves? Where do they come from? Were they in this world from the beginning? More information on the plot, please.

Good luck!

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran

#9 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

Crucifixian wrote:1. Who is your favorite character and why?
Looks wise - V'laine
Personality - Oz due to mask and potential for character development.

A stereotypical love story, unless you pull out some surprising twists (eg: humans exist what)

Good luck, hopefully I'll keep updated with this, hopefully the music will be awesome!
For now no major comments unless you have something specific you are looking for?
Thank you so much :D Also there is a really surprising twist that includes L which affects he whole story in general. Yup we'll definitely try our best on the music as well as soon as we find a composer hah
ImageImage

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran

#10 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

try10 wrote:1. Who is your favorite character and why?
V'laine cause he looks so handsome. And let's be honest... most of us go for the bad boys in otome games, hehehe. XD
I don't think I like the story very much. Too many different races that make no sense, which is kind of confusing, the plot lacks originality and the MC doesn't seem interesting at all. The only thing that caught my attention is the AMAZING ART and the 18+ part hehe ;)! The sprites are absolutely stunning. :D Seeing them naked would be a treat to my eyes.
I believe the game would have been more intriguing if you added something to spice things up a bit like make the MC human (last human alive? O_o) or if she had something that would make her more unique. A human that falls into this weird world, brought there for a secret mission? ... dunno...Coyotes, vampires, angels, shapeshifters, werewolves? Where do they come from? Were they in this world from the beginning? More information on the plot, please.

Good luck!
XD yes we do love our bad boys. Well the reason there are no races is because humans are extinct. The story will definitely get to how all these races came to the planet and the reason why there are no humans. Although it seems like it lacks originality we plan to make it as interesting as possible so hope your mind changes when it's released. There are secrets to the game that include a twist but we're just not revealing them because it would be revealing too much of the story. Again everything will be explained about he big supernatural universe the actual script itself will explain it better than me :D Thanks once again for commenting and telling your honest feelings.
ImageImage

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#11 Post by Zelan »

try10 wrote:1. Who is your favorite character and why?

Good luck!
In my opinion, making the MC the last human on Earth would be less original than the current plot. And the different races aren't really confusing, at least to me; a lot of them are commonly used ones and it's not difficult to understand what all of them are. And the MC has her own character. I like her little quirk with the cars. Is she going to be good at working with machines in general, or does she only know how to work with cars?

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran

#12 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

Yeah I think maybe the races are only common to people who are used to reading supernatural books and all that, nevertheless I will try to explain and simplify races in the script. I did want to avoid making her the last human since it would be like many other stories. MC will just know how to work with cars. It's her specialty. She will of course have basic knowledge on working with other types of machine but they also require expertise that she wouldn't neccisarily be an expert in.
ImageImage

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran

#13 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

Summary has been updated to clear more of the confusion.
ImageImage

PetPeeve
Regular
Tumblr: agamemakingblogforcoolkids

#14 Post by PetPeeve »

Either Oz or Ian... I'm interested in both their backstories...

I like the premise... I haven't read the book but it sounds like an interesting world to work in.

Just that I'm super excited for this game! The character looks so great and I'm interested in all of the characters in one way or another =) Good luck!
ImageImageImageImage

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran

#15 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

PetPeeve wrote:1. Who is your favorite character and why?
Either Oz or Ian... I'm interested in both their backstories...

I like the premise... I haven't read the book but it sounds like an interesting world to work in.

Just that I'm super excited for this game! The character looks so great and I'm interested in all of the characters in one way or another =) Good luck!
Thank you your response is very much appreciated. I'm glad you seem to like the overall story and characters!
ImageImage