RTANMUSSB! (Otome, Comedy, High School, Free)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
riverbluesbear
Regular
Projects: RTANMUSSB!

Re: RTANMUSSB! (Otome, Comedy, High School, Free) First CG U

#31 Post by riverbluesbear »

Googaboga wrote:That's a really cute CG ^^. I'm looking forward to seeing the others that are to come.

Also, it's great that the script has come as far as 30k. Congrats C:.
Thank you! You have no idea how much that means to us!! :)

illuminate001
Veteran
Completed: DSGR, Let's MEAT Adam, Sexy Litter, Bara Boarders
Projects: Secret Project
Organization: Soulsoft Electronic Arts
Tumblr: soulsoftea
itch: soulsoftea

#32 Post by illuminate001 »

BOOKMARKED! *

I like this project, although it takes place in a HS setting...I seems like it touches on some really mature/complex themes. Family and estrangement...a shady possibly skanky (Rayna's younger outfit...whoa lol) past, having a traumatic event in the past that causes you to redefine and change your own self from the inside-out (Rayna's more contemporary outfit)...aaannnndddd the guys are cute. lol

Barleah is the one I'm rooting for.

Goodluck on your project! I'll definitely give this one a go when it comes out.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Sonomi
Veteran
Projects: Lethargy of Snow
itch: sonomi

#33 Post by Sonomi »

Hi. All of your characters seem so interesting! With their backstories and all, I'm genuinely curious about them. I think the diversity is absolutely appealing as well. :) Such pretty artwork...

Best wishes!

riverbluesbear
Regular

#34 Post by riverbluesbear »

illuminate001 wrote:BOOKMARKED! *

I like this project, although it takes place in a HS setting...I seems like it touches on some really mature/complex themes. Family and estrangement...a shady possibly skanky (Rayna's younger outfit...whoa lol) past, having a traumatic event in the past that causes you to redefine and change your own self from the inside-out (Rayna's more contemporary outfit)...aaannnndddd the guys are cute. lol

Barleah is the one I'm rooting for.

Goodluck on your project! I'll definitely give this one a go when it comes out.
Thank you so much! We're glad you're going for Barleah! We were afraid because he has a quiet, laidback personality people weren't going to like him! As for Rayna's past, it's funny you should say skanky lol because a lot of people in her past tend to think of her that way, too. You're half-right, however, on why she's changed her look! The other half is very dramatic lol

But thank you again for the support!

riverbluesbear
Regular

#35 Post by riverbluesbear »

Sonomi wrote:Hi. All of your characters seem so interesting! With their backstories and all, I'm genuinely curious about them. I think the diversity is absolutely appealing as well. :) Such pretty artwork...

Best wishes!
Thank you so much! We really wanted diversity to play a big part in our game, so most of our characters are POC, and two of the three boys are bisexual, and someone close to Rayna is a lesbian! (Kind of easy to guess who lol but we didn't wanna say it straight away lol) And yes, the artwork is gorgeous, and all belongs to Adyrn (AKA Echs)

riverbluesbear
Regular

#36 Post by riverbluesbear »

Hi, everyone! We have a small update, with new arts! ^^
Currently, we're focusing on writing and finishing the script, and then go back and edit extensively on it. We do have a disclaimer at the beginning of the game, since RTANMUSSB! deals with some pretty heavy issues, and things that might make people uncomfortable.

The first background we have, is Rayna's bathroom, done by the amazing, wonderful, and extremely talented Antizaba! They really took our very vague description and put in so much detail and creativity in it, and we could not be any happier. This one has been done for awhile, but we wanted to wait until we had Karrington, so we could show off two things at once ^^ Our favorite part of the bathroom is the Ahoy! merchandise spread around the bathroom. That pirate is just amazing.
They're currently working on Rayna's bedroom, which looks so wonderful so far, so we can't wait to show that next! :D

bathroom.png
Next, we have our first side-character, Karrington Schuemaker, who will be a very important part of the band and its development. Adyrn, (Echs), did an amazing job on her, and even described her as having a "queen bee" vibe, which we could not agree more with :D Karrington is confident, ambitious, and a proud lesbian and the biggest flirt you'll ever meet, lol. Her twin, Dorian, who also plays a big part, will hopefully be coming soon :D

Karrington Neutral.png
Do you think Rayna's bathroom shows a lot of her personality and her cluttered apartment? We think Anti did a wonderful job displaying that, so hopefully, you do too! Also, what are your thoughts on Karrington? Any ideas on what kind of role you think she'll play? And we hope you love her design. We thought since a lot of the characters have dark hair and dark eyes, we'd switch things up a bit ^^ Adyrn did an amazing job on her! We're just obsessed over her and her little sassy self :3

We hope to update a little sooner than last time, haha!
Thanks for reading, and have a wonderful day!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: RTANMUSSB! (Otome, Comedy, High School, Free)

#37 Post by Zelan »

I love the bathroom background - all of that clutter is 100% accurate. ^_^

Karrington looks absolutely fabulous, I love her already! I feel like she's a sort of friendly rival type character to Rayna, or at least that's the vibe I'm getting.

riverbluesbear
Regular

#38 Post by riverbluesbear »

Zelan wrote:I love the bathroom background - all of that clutter is 100% accurate. ^_^

Karrington looks absolutely fabulous, I love her already! I feel like she's a sort of friendly rival type character to Rayna, or at least that's the vibe I'm getting.
We love the clutter, too! They definitely got that down amazingly!
Not a rival, per-say, but sort of a helper...kind of? Lol, she's hard to explain!

riverbluesbear
Regular

#39 Post by riverbluesbear »

Back again with a very small update! Our progress is very slow going on our part, since we're writing and then, subsequently, rewriting the script, but we want to make it as polished and funny as possible, and fill it with meaningful choices!
Going away from that, we have a goodie to share with you! Introducing Dorian, Karrington's younger twin brother, who has been done with everybody's crap since 2008. He's like Karrington, in the sense that he doesn't take people's crap, but he's definitely snarkier than her, and he loves showing off his skin, like his sister. Dorian also has sectoral heterochromia, which is when a part of the eye is a different color than the rest, hence his half-blue, half-gold eye. This is pretty much the whole reason why his old boyfriend dated him before actually getting to know him; because he thought his eye was cool, haha
Dorian Neutral.png
Anyway, sorry we don't have much else to show you, but hopefully, we can finish the script, and have some of it programmed and whatnot ^^

riverbluesbear
Regular

#40 Post by riverbluesbear »

Hi, everyone! It's been a long while since we updated, and we're very sorry about that! D: Life and money problems just get in the way sometimes! But, here's our very short progress so far:

-about 50,000 words written (but not heavily edited like they need to be!)
-nothing programmed yet (hahaa....)
-working up the money to get our last sprite commissioned (and to get Dorian's expressions!) but all of our main characters are done (which is super exciting!)
-one CG finished (and it's absolutely lovely, if I do say so myself, and done by the wonderful johhans :D)
-and, we just got Rayna's finished bedroom background and its three other variations, done by the very talented Antizaba, which we will show you :D we're absolutely in love with it and all the details put into it!

bedroom_day.png

So, the game itself is still a long time coming since we're only a main two person team, but it's coming :D Hopefully, our next update will be faster if we can just write some more haha ^^

riverbluesbear
Regular

#41 Post by riverbluesbear »

Hi, everyone! It's been such a long time since we've updated, but so much has been going on!

Anyway, we've been writing away, but we've still got a long way to go in terms of a release date. We've also been tossing some ideas around; we think we might get rid of the option to pick Rayna's future since we view it as an unnecessary feature that we added just to add.

We're also toying with the idea of adding a fourth love interest, a girl, named Vivian. Each love interest brings out anoher side of Rayna as they grow closer, and this love interest, we think, could bring out a new side of Rayna that the boys haven't, so we're still playing around with that idea.

Our background artist, the amazing antizaba, is working on another background for us, so once they're done with that, we'll post another update :)

Until then, thank you for your patience, and what do you think about adding a fourth love interest? Since the beginning, we've always thought that Rayna would be pansexual, but we didn't have any good female characters to add as love interests that would serve both Rayna and the story. But now that we have one, we want to make sure this is something people are interested in.

Thank you and have a nice day! :D

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#42 Post by Zelan »

riverbluesbear wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:24 pm Hi, everyone! It's been such a long time since we've updated, but so much has been going on!

Anyway, we've been writing away, but we've still got a long way to go in terms of a release date. We've also been tossing some ideas around; we think we might get rid of the option to pick Rayna's future since we view it as an unnecessary feature that we added just to add.

We're also toying with the idea of adding a fourth love interest, a girl, named Vivian. Each love interest brings out anoher side of Rayna as they grow closer, and this love interest, we think, could bring out a new side of Rayna that the boys haven't, so we're still playing around with that idea.

Our background artist, the amazing antizaba, is working on another background for us, so once they're done with that, we'll post another update :)

Until then, thank you for your patience, and what do you think about adding a fourth love interest? Since the beginning, we've always thought that Rayna would be pansexual, but we didn't have any good female characters to add as love interests that would serve both Rayna and the story. But now that we have one, we want to make sure this is something people are interested in.

Great to see another update from you guys!! I was literally JUST thinking about this project yesterday, it's so funny that there's a new update now.

The option to choose Rayna's future was actually something that I was really interested in and looking forward to, but if you feel that getting rid of it is what's best for the game, it won't be a deal breaker for me. And if I had to choose between the two, I would definitely choose a female love interest over the option to pick Rayna's future!

I feel that I should mention that there are some people who dislike games where a female protagonist has multiple male love interests and one female one; many view it as a poor attempt at pandering. However, I would also like to stress that I am absolutely NOT one of those people and will get hype for any number of female love interests that can be romanced by female protagonists. Plus, as long as the effort and quality put into Vivian's route are equal to those of the guys, it shouldn't be too much of an issue. c: It's still something to consider, but in my personal opinion it's worth it to put in the extra love interest, especially if she'll add to the game by bringing out different aspects of Rayna's personality.

riverbluesbear
Regular

#43 Post by riverbluesbear »

Zelan wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:08 pm
riverbluesbear wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:24 pm Hi, everyone! It's been such a long time since we've updated, but so much has been going on!

Great to see another update from you guys!! I was literally JUST thinking about this project yesterday, it's so funny that there's a new update now.

The option to choose Rayna's future was actually something that I was really interested in and looking forward to, but if you feel that getting rid of it is what's best for the game, it won't be a deal breaker for me. And if I had to choose between the two, I would definitely choose a female love interest over the option to pick Rayna's future!

I feel that I should mention that there are some people who dislike games where a female protagonist has multiple male love interests and one female one; many view it as a poor attempt at pandering. However, I would also like to stress that I am absolutely NOT one of those people and will get hype for any number of female love interests that can be romanced by female protagonists. Plus, as long as the effort and quality put into Vivian's route are equal to those of the guys, it shouldn't be too much of an issue. c: It's still something to consider, but in my personal opinion it's worth it to put in the extra love interest, especially if she'll add to the game by bringing out different aspects of Rayna's personality.
Thank you for the wonderful reply, we really appreciate it! As for the whole Vivian thing, it's been something we've been thinking about for a while, and we didn't include her at first, because of that very reason. We're thinking of possibly switching the genders of one of the boys to make it more even, and his story could work as being a female too, but we're still trying to iron that out.