Changeling [Otome][GxB][Supernatural/Paranormal]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Esh
Regular
Projects: Changeling
Tumblr: steamberrystudio

Re: Changeling [Otome][GxB][Supernatural/Paranormal] Demo up

#31 Post by Esh »

JBShields wrote:I sincerely hope that y'all get on Steam. I just played your demo and its amazing! Best wishes y'all!
We hope we get on Steam as well! Glad to hear you liked our demo and we thank you for the encouragement! <3

Esh
Regular

#32 Post by Esh »

Quick update!

We are now on Kickstarter! We are nearly to 40% funded after our first day, but obviously still have a ways to go before we reach that magical 100%

You can find us here:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ste ... sual-novel

And of course, as always, you can find our demo below as well!
https://steamberry.itch.io/changelingdemo

As far as development -

We've worked on some of the side character sprites but have been mostly focused on writing. This script is now just over 60% complete and we're trying to increase that to closer to 70% complete by the end of our kickstarter campaign!

Corvin's route is 100%
Danny's route is 100%
Elliot's route is around 80%
Marc's route is around 40%

Ewan and William are still in the planning stages.

That's all for now! Thanks for your support!

Ammeh
Regular

#33 Post by Ammeh »

You might want to edit the title to mention the Kickstarter, as well.

Esh
Regular

#34 Post by Esh »

Ammeh wrote:You might want to edit the title to mention the Kickstarter, as well.
I tried - but for some reason kept getting an error and it wouldn't let me do it. ;~;

EDIT: But of course, today, it works. =w= LoL

Ammeh
Regular

Re: Changeling [Otome][GxB][Supernatural/Paranormal]

#35 Post by Ammeh »

Esh wrote: [...] That said, I also find huge height differences pretty adorable so I plan to take full advantage of Ewan's ridiculous height during his route. OwO
Please tell me this means that at some point he'll work around the height difference by holding his head at eye level. :lol:

Esh
Regular

Re: Changeling [Otome][GxB][Supernatural/Paranormal]

#36 Post by Esh »

Ammeh wrote:
Esh wrote: [...] That said, I also find huge height differences pretty adorable so I plan to take full advantage of Ewan's ridiculous height during his route. OwO
Please tell me this means that at some point he'll work around the height difference by holding his head at eye level. :lol:
:lol:

I can see him doing that and Nora just being like "No. Just...Don't...do that. Ever again." :| (Which, of course, would force him to do it again at least once.)

Esh
Regular

Re: Changeling [Otome][GxB][Supernatural/Paranormal] Kicksta

#37 Post by Esh »

Just posting a quick Kickstarter update - we are 80% funded with a little over two weeks left in our campaign! =O We're obviously still hoping to meet, not just our goal, but some of our stretch goals as well.

Development on the game is continuing as well. We've been working on some sprite tweaks/revamps as well as focusing on coding more of the script. We posted a snippet from Corvin's route recently - you can find it here:

Clicky Click

Esh
Regular

#38 Post by Esh »

Another kickstarter update!

We have reached 90% funding and are now a little over a week out from our deadline. With 8 days left, we're hoping to bring in a few new backers to cover the last few hundred dollars!

We think we have some pretty good rewards - lots of digital goodies as well as some game supplements like an official walkthrough (that we will not release anywhere else) and an e-book full of lore, character background information and related short stories.

Since we can't make this game without full funding, we're really counting on people to pledge and help spread the word. OuO

Pledge Now

In addition to the Kickstarter embarking on its final stretch, we have been continuing development with a huge focus on art improvements over the last few weeks. Even if we don't make our stretch goal to make full outfit and pose changes to the sprites, we are committed to doing as much as we possibly can on a tighter budget and we've been working on a lot of those changes now, while the kickstarter is still in full swing.

If crowdfunding is a success, I will post back here to show off some updates regarding additional poses/outfits that we've been working on recently.

In the meantime, thanks to everyone for your encouragement, support, and feedback!

LuckyCats
Regular

#39 Post by LuckyCats »

Impressions are from both here and your tumblr

1. Does the plot interest you?

The fantasy part

I'm a fan of folklore and faerie tales, all folklore pretty much but I'm especially happy to see Irish/Scottish folklore and fae being a focal point in the story.
I'm interested in the mcs origin and I've been speculating all sorts of things about it lolol

Not sure if I should add my speculative ramblings about that but here they are (in case you might be curious) sorry that they are kind of convoluted OxO

With changelings there is an exchange of human child and fae child of course. But at what point did that happen? Could the mc (and possibly her bro)have been switched as babies and they never were born to the parents they knew or was there a switch later on in during the amnesiac episodes.

Part of me wonders when the first forest incident occurred if the mc was switched with the "other" until a few years later during second incident. Where the original (who may or may not have been switched as a baby) could have been returned. Also for the club room you have to be cryptic to see it yes but I wonder if her ability comes from being possibly a full fae changeling or if it could come from latent fae ancestry. Or if her having possibly spent a few years in the fae world from my 9 to 12 theory could have altered her.

The being set in high school part

I'm not especially fond of high school settings but there are always exceptions like I ADORE the new persona 5 game. I think that as long as things are well written with interesting characters even people that normally arent fans of a genre will be drawn to it.

2. What about the art?

I like your painted art style my favorites bgs so far are the tunnel, the bridge in the rain, the backyard, annnd my top fav is the woods at night with the lights it looks magical :3

Your chibi lore mongers are adorable

The terrariums are soo cute too they are made by sprocket right?

Williams is clearly haunted all the little details in it the lights flickering, ghosts, clock spinning backwards, the darkness tentacles lol OxO

Corvins suspicious ritual at night, what are all those photos on the wall of i wonder? I notice his cute familiar too.

Ewan's is so peaceful and sunflowers have always been my fav flower

Dannys he's not wearing a shirt i approve ( ´ ▽ ` )b
But seriously I liked the touch of the clouds clearing up and the moon lighting up the water

I look forward to seeing Elliott's and Marcs

3. Is there any character that stands out to you right now?

Elliot
His background
I like his back story of how he was infected. Suddenly changing into a vampire you dont always have some random ppl step in and explain the whole situation to you then fork over a manual and the number to the nearest blood bank(not with his luck at least poor guy >//<) That it took so long for him to realize what had happened to him is very realistic

His personality
He's essentially a puppy vampire he's so cute!(。>‿‿<。 )
How could anyone be mean to him. His personality type is the kind that I'd have the hardest time saying no to since he seems so pure and well intentioned.
I want to cheer for him and am impressed that despite all his jinxy luck he pushes on optimistically.
You mentioned in his route the mc breaks down I can see where she would when you have someone that ready to catch you its harder to keep it together than if you were alone or with someone not as supportive.

Ewan
Omg heterochromia! I've always thought that trait is very fae and fetching. and here he's ironically literally fae and of unseelie descent at that (●♡∀♡)
I'm expecting his story to have a lot of fae lore (though they're secretive who wants to let secrets rest amirite?) and be one of my favorites.

Side note when I first read the mc fainted i was like hmmm but when I got the part where she saw he's a dullahan i was like omg girl I forgive ya I'd faint too XD

Corvin
He's so pretty and personable i'm curious about his glasses too. That he doesn't actually need them makes me wonder if they are charmed in some way or just a prop? His social butterflyness is a long way from the boy that needed rehabilitation just to be able to speak again after the mysterious attack/break in mentioned in the lore article. I feel like he's secretly super strong. I hope we will end up hearing him and his familar snarking at each other somehow snarky familiars are cool~

William
Have a soft spot for his character already. The constant negative pressure from hostile ghosts had to have taken a toll on him. Withdrawing himself and keeping distant for others safety is noble but sad goal. I hope in his route that mc finds a way to make the darn ghosts more manageable to live with and nix the hateful ones. He definitely needs someone special to be friends with him and love him with all the ghostly opposition

I take it Alfred is one of williams ghosts? I read Alfred description intro and i was like omg Alfred noo ya creep what kind of hobby is that? Cant you have a nicer one like whispering test answers to students XD

Marc
Tsunderes/kuuderes are one of my fav types I enjoy the slow burn types that have to gradually warm up to you. The best tsun stories are where the mc can match the tsun in bickering so its more playful sparring and not one sided though as its going to be with marc/mc so yay excited about that ヽ(*⌒∇⌒*)ノ

Danny

Appearance wise really handsome without a shirt

Personality wise I'm not sure will have to see other than that I'm curious as to why he feels that he may have abandon those he loves to keep them safe.
The vampires and infected vampires werent as voracious as they were rumored to be according to the lore mongers(by the way mc thinking that marc was nobly holding back from eating her is too funny after reading the lore) so do werewolves have an appetite that endangers people or does the danger come from the werewolf community in general?

On his clothes
I can hear the thriller song playin in my mind during his scenes.
with him being a werewolf, the hair, gold eyes, and overall red outfit. I dont want to romance Michael though so its kind of distracting how much it reminds me of that.
Are you set on his shirt being red colored?

I saw a pic of him on your blog with no shirt and have to say he looks best without the shirt X'D
Can he have no shirt most of the time? (half joking)

Spencer
Before playing the demo I thought that I wouldn't like him but I'm actually quite sympathetic to his plight. From his point of view the mc is not his sister but someone that is involved in his real sister (who he loves) disappearance. At the same time there was that hair ruffle scene. Being torn between believing she's a monster and instances when he doubts it. I can understand his aggro paranoia.

4. Do you have any questions? Comments? Feedback?

Esh wrote:Is anyone interested in
Would people who follow this blog be interested in seeing things like:
–trivia and facts about creature lore? (IE Changeling specific lore about Faeries, Vampires, Werewolves, or any other supernatural creatures that exist in the story)
–trivia and facts about world building? (IE specific things about the setting itself)
–trivia and facts about specific characters? (Beyond the few I’ve shared, and possibly including answers to specific asks if we receive any…)
–snippets from the script? (Non-spoiler)
–doodles? (Non-spoiler doodles that I may do of characters)
I know this was posted awhile ago but I'd just like to say yes interested in all of the above please feel free to share anything along those lines love character and world building ♪ヽ(´▽`)ノ

Esh wrote:I’ve changed so much content that I’m pretty well set on having some of the deleted scenes as bonus content in the actual game. I think I’ll include some “out-takes” as well, just for fun. I constantly joke with friends about stupid moments the characters probably have with each other (but that aren’t strictly canon) – so it’ll be fun to write some of those out and put them in the game as extras.

As I was reading about the changes/updates that you were making in the scripts i had started to wonder about all the things i would have missed out on in the original script. So I totally back the idea extra out takes/unlockable content being added its a great way to keep all your fav parts from the original.

Esh wrote:I have been playing around with a “click-to-continue” icon for the game. I personally really dislike them, and find them distracting but I know a lot of players are used to them. I feel that it’s typically pretty obvious when the text has finished appearing and when it’s time to click/hit enter even without an annoying thing blinking at you. But maybe that’s me.
I also dislike the blinking sometimes even bouncing *shudders* click icons

Esh wrote:We'd really like to have epilogues that unlock at the completion of the romantic endings, so that players do get to see how the relationship is beyond the start. For me, that is an important part of the story is well. (I also would really like to show where her relationship with her brother is by that point as well). If we're able to do so, the epilogues would probably be set a month or two after the ending - so either during the holidays or winter break or something.
I like this idea but also would like to see the couples years from now when they're in their 20s is there a chance of that?

Esh wrote:One thing that has been important to me is demonstrating that no two relationships are the same even if one person in the relationship is the same. The dynamics change based on how the people play off each other's strengths and . And different people can really bring out different sides of each other. I hope I'm able to show that each guy brings out a different side in Nora and that contributes to how the relationship develops. OuO
I agree with this so much no relationship dynamics can be identical. I cant see the mc ever acting towards william like she would Marc for example. I could see how she was being more careful with william as she noted his shyness. I dont think william could inspire the maximum snark marc requires lolol

About your and sprockets health im sending positive feelings and prayers your way

I can sympathize with your aversion doctors and not wanting to be at the hospitals. Whenever I get there the symptoms almost disappear too I think its cause I dont want to be there my minds trying to tell me its all ok even when it isnt. I hope that your shoulder is doing better now its difficult to have a reoccurring injury :(

I read your post on sprockets health and it immediately brought a
A close friend of mine to mind. She has a long term illness also that causes her a great deal of issues. She has to adjust to find a new normal since she came down with it. I know how hard and frustrating it can be but people that deal with issues like that have some of the strongest mental fortitude and compassionate natures I've found and I just want to say that I'm cheering for both of you!

And congrats on the kickstarter success! you guys deserve it!! d(≧∀≦)b

Esh
Regular

#40 Post by Esh »

LuckyCats wrote: With changelings there is an exchange of human child and fae child of course. But at what point did that happen? Could the mc (and possibly her bro)have been switched as babies and they never were born to the parents they knew or was there a switch later on in during the amnesiac episodes.

Part of me wonders when the first forest incident occurred if the mc was switched with the "other" until a few years later during second incident. Where the original (who may or may not have been switched as a baby) could have been returned...

Also for the club room you have to be cryptic to see it yes but I wonder if her ability comes from being possibly a full fae changeling or if it could come from latent fae ancestry. Or if her having possibly spent a few years in the fae world from my 9 to 12 theory could have altered her.
I will neither confirm nor deny anything but I will say that you have considered some interesting aspects of the story that so far no one else has brought up to me. Now, whether some of your musings are on track or not, I won't say. BUT...there may be some "AH HA!" moments in store for you as you read. XD
I like your painted art style my favorites bgs so far are the tunnel, the bridge in the rain, the backyard, annnd my top fav is the woods at night with the lights it looks magical :3
N'aaaw! Thank you. I actually liked how the rainy bridge scene turned out too! OWO
Your chibi lore mongers are adorable
Hehe. Thank you ^_^ I think Elliot's chibi is my favorite. He's such a little dork. LoL
The terrariums are soo cute too they are made by sprocket right?

Williams is clearly haunted all the little details in it the lights flickering, ghosts, clock spinning backwards, the darkness tentacles lol OxO

Corvins suspicious ritual at night, what are all those photos on the wall of i wonder? I notice his cute familiar too.

Ewan's is so peaceful and sunflowers have always been my fav flower

Dannys he's not wearing a shirt i approve ( ´ ▽ ` )b
But seriously I liked the touch of the clouds clearing up and the moon lighting up the water

I look forward to seeing Elliott's and Marcs
Thanks! Yes, those are done by Sprocket. I love all the little details she puts into them. I've seen some WIPS of Marc's I think but I'm not sure what she's planning for Elliot yet. I can't wait though - she always comes up with fun stuff!
Elliot
He's essentially a puppy vampire he's so cute!(。>‿‿<。 )
How could anyone be mean to him. His personality type is the kind that I'd have the hardest time saying no to since he seems so pure and well intentioned.
I want to cheer for him and am impressed that despite all his jinxy luck he pushes on optimistically.
You mentioned in his route the mc breaks down I can see where she would when you have someone that ready to catch you its harder to keep it together than if you were alone or with someone not as supportive.
He really is just a huge puppy! xD I love your comments because they are so dead on in so many regards. >///w///< The other thing I like about Elliot (and Marc too) is that because Vampires are such a quintessential fantasy race, I feel like there are a lot of cliches and expectations for them. And Elliot and Marc give us the opportunity to really play around with some of the things you see time and time again in Vampire stories. Play with them and try to put a new spin or blow the cliches to bits...xD
Ewan
Omg heterochromia! I've always thought that trait is very fae and fetching. and here he's ironically literally fae and of unseelie descent at that (●♡∀♡)
I'm expecting his story to have a lot of fae lore (though they're secretive who wants to let secrets rest amirite?) and be one of my favorites.

Side note when I first read the mc fainted i was like hmmm but when I got the part where she saw he's a dullahan i was like omg girl I forgive ya I'd faint too XD
When I was in school, I knew a girl with the most beautiful heterochromia. Her eyes were just incredible and, like you said, heterochromia gives a sort of otherworldly look. I really felt it it suited him.

As for the MC fainting. You know...originally she'd didn't faint there but as I continued to work on that scene, I just felt more and more that a lot of people might actually lose it right there. Especially because she's already feeling overwhelmed in that moment - it's a lot to take in. I know that several people have mentioned to me not being overly thrilled with the MC fainting but I think it's compounded by the fact that the demo ends there as well where the actual game immediately transitions to the next chapter and her waking up, sort of resetting mentally and so on. I feel that the next reactions to that moment will help soften the impact (no pun intended there. LoL). Also, the fact that she faints does become sort of a running joke between her and Ewan so I personally find it fun that he continues to tease her about it later on.
Corvin
He's so pretty and personable i'm curious about his glasses too. That he doesn't actually need them makes me wonder if they are charmed in some way or just a prop? His social butterflyness is a long way from the boy that needed rehabilitation just to be able to speak again after the mysterious attack/break in mentioned in the lore article. I feel like he's secretly super strong. I hope we will end up hearing him and his familar snarking at each other somehow snarky familiars are cool~
I am trying to find a way to write in Finn's dialogue without it being weird because I'd love to have the reader privy to some of his snark. Finn is adorable and bullies all the other familiars, even though he's the smallest one. xD
William
Have a soft spot for his character already. The constant negative pressure from hostile ghosts had to have taken a toll on him. Withdrawing himself and keeping distant for others safety is noble but sad goal. I hope in his route that mc finds a way to make the darn ghosts more manageable to live with and nix the hateful ones. He definitely needs someone special to be friends with him and love him with all the ghostly opposition

I take it Alfred is one of williams ghosts? I read Alfred description intro and i was like omg Alfred noo ya creep what kind of hobby is that? Cant you have a nicer one like whispering test answers to students XD
I'm really glad to see William having so many fans. I was worried that, as the quiet one, people might not be as interested in him though I think his story is going to be really interesting and will draw out a different side to the MC than what we see in other routes.

As for Alfred...well...I don't want to say too much about him but I will say that he's not a 'ghost' per se.
Marc
Tsunderes/kuuderes are one of my fav types I enjoy the slow burn types that have to gradually warm up to you. The best tsun stories are where the mc can match the tsun in bickering so its more playful sparring and not one sided though as its going to be with marc/mc so yay excited about that ヽ(*⌒∇⌒*)ノ
It was very important to me that, in Marc's route, the MC could stand toe to toe with him. I really dislike the tsun trope where the love interest just constantly beats down on the MC. I don't feel comfortable forcing the player in a position where they have to take insults and abuse nicely in order to get "good" endings.
Plus, if I'm being honest....I just really love writing banter and bickering. It's just fun. LoL
Danny

Appearance wise really handsome without a shirt

On his clothes
I can hear the thriller song playin in my mind during his scenes.
with him being a werewolf, the hair, gold eyes, and overall red outfit. I dont want to romance Michael though so its kind of distracting how much it reminds me of that.
Are you set on his shirt being red colored?
I saw a pic of him on your blog with no shirt and have to say he looks best without the shirt X'D
Can he have no shirt most of the time? (half joking)
I honestly did not catch the 'Thriller' thing until someone on our Kickstarter pointed it out. I will say that...changing his color scheme will be difficult.
Originally his color scheme was navy blue but...I don't know. I just didn't like it. Plus, Corvin's color has always been blue. And just for visual distinctiveness, I didn't want two blue-oriented characters. I changed Danny to red and it looked so much better. I can, potentially, change the leather jacket to brown - BUT Marc and William both have brown as major components of their palettes. So again, it gets tricky to keep everyone distinct.

I don't know. I'll play around with Danny's colors and see what I can do. =3
Spencer
Before playing the demo I thought that I wouldn't like him but I'm actually quite sympathetic to his plight. From his point of view the mc is not his sister but someone that is involved in his real sister (who he loves) disappearance. At the same time there was that hair ruffle scene. Being torn between believing she's a monster and instances when he doubts it. I can understand his aggro paranoia.
Most people really hate Spencer so far which I don't mind at all. But I'm glad someone sympathizes with him. He's not all bad. And while reasons don't always justify actions- he has his reasons for being the way he is.

I know this was posted awhile ago but I'd just like to say yes interested in all of the above please feel free to share anything along those lines love character and world building ♪ヽ(´▽`)ノ
With the addition of a lore-based ebook in our backer rewards for the Kickstarter, we'll almost definitely continue to share snippets of this stuff going forward!
As I was reading about the changes/updates that you were making in the scripts i had started to wonder about all the things i would have missed out on in the original script. So I totally back the idea extra out takes/unlockable content being added its a great way to keep all your fav parts from the original.
We're still considering doing this but it'll currently be based on how much stuff we can compile into coherent scenes!

I also dislike the blinking sometimes even bouncing *shudders* click icons
I think I've decided to leave it out!

I like this idea but also would like to see the couples years from now when they're in their 20s is there a chance of that?
We hadn't really considered that but it might be fun to do!

I agree with this so much no relationship dynamics can be identical. I cant see the mc ever acting towards william like she would Marc for example. I could see how she was being more careful with william as she noted his shyness. I dont think william could inspire the maximum snark marc requires lolol
Exactly! Nora would never treat Will the way she treats Marc - in large part because he would never treat her the way Marc does. Same with all the other characters. There's no way a relationship with someone who is extremely open and confident about their feelings (like Danny) will feel the same as a relationship with someone who is obvious about their feelings but lacks confidence (like Elliot).
About your and sprockets health im sending positive feelings and prayers your way

I can sympathize with your aversion doctors and not wanting to be at the hospitals. Whenever I get there the symptoms almost disappear too I think its cause I dont want to be there my minds trying to tell me its all ok even when it isnt. I hope that your shoulder is doing better now its difficult to have a reoccurring injury :(

I read your post on sprockets health and it immediately brought a
A close friend of mine to mind. She has a long term illness also that causes her a great deal of issues. She has to adjust to find a new normal since she came down with it. I know how hard and frustrating it can be but people that deal with issues like that have some of the strongest mental fortitude and compassionate natures I've found and I just want to say that I'm cheering for both of you!

And congrats on the kickstarter success! you guys deserve it!! d(≧∀≦)b
Thank you so much! My shoulder is fine at the moment. Whatever the issue is, it tends to come and go. We're kind of assuming it's a nerve issue at this point. My doctor actually has looked at it but we've never been able to determine the exact cause because it tends to be better by the time I can get in to see her. OxO

Sprocket's issues, of course, aren't so easily dismissed since she has a chronic illness. But she works really hard and handles all the frustration with amazing strength and grace. I'm sure she'll be happy to hear you're thinking of her and cheering her on. OwO

And thanks for the KS congrats. We are so happy to have funded.

WHEW! Took a while to reply to this since I had a lot of interruptions too. LoL

LuckyCats
Regular

#41 Post by LuckyCats »

Esh wrote:I will neither confirm nor deny anything but I will say that you have considered some interesting aspects of the story that so far no one else has brought up to me. Now, whether some of your musings are on track or not, I won't say. BUT...there may be some "AH HA!" moments in store for you as you read. XD

Ahh I'm so excited to see how it all works out I can hardly stand the suspense (((o(*゚▽゚*)o)))

Esh wrote:Hehe. Thank you ^_^ I think Elliot's chibi is my favorite. He's such a little dork. LoL
Elliot is my fav of them all too I'm pretty much am automatically like awww I love this with anything with him XD
Esh wrote:He really is just a huge puppy! xD I love your comments because they are so dead on in so many regards. >///w///<
awww thankyou!! (。>‿‿<。 )It makes me smile and feel it was worth it sharing my thoughts. I've only just started to give feedbacks on things since I wasnt sure they counted before one fan among many ya know.

Esh wrote:As for the MC fainting. You know...originally she'd didn't faint there but as I continued to work on that scene, I just felt more and more that a lot of people might actually lose it right there. Especially because she's already feeling overwhelmed in that moment - it's a lot to take in. I know that several people have mentioned to me not being overly thrilled with the MC fainting but I think it's compounded by the fact that the demo ends there as well where the actual game immediately transitions to the next chapter and her waking up, sort of resetting mentally and so on. I feel that the next reactions to that moment will help soften the impact (no pun intended there. LoL). Also, the fact that she faints does become sort of a running joke between her and Ewan so I personally find it fun that he continues to tease her about it later on.

I have to cut her some slack too from the point of view of someone that has actually fainted before X'D
Plus she had already taken a few blows to the head that day with footballs and skulls lol

Esh wrote:I am trying to find a way to write in Finn's dialogue without it being weird because I'd love to have the reader privy to some of his snark. Finn is adorable and bullies all the other familiars, even though he's the smallest one. xD
What about through corvins perspective? With familiars is it that only the contractor can hear the voices of them or can for example corvins cousins here each others familiar?
Esh wrote:I honestly did not catch the Thriller' thing until someone on our Kickstarter pointed it out. I will say that...changing his color scheme will be difficult.
Originally his color scheme was navy blue but...I don't know. I just didn't like it. Plus, Corvin's color has always been blue. And just for visual distinctiveness, I didn't want two blue-oriented characters. I changed Danny to red and it looked so much better. I can, potentially, change the leather jacket to brown - BUT Marc and William both have brown as major components of their palettes. So again, it gets tricky to keep everyone distinct.

I don't know. I'll play around with Danny's colors and see what I can do. =3

I appreciate your taking my opinion into consideration,
I think forest colors would be cool like a shade of darker green with brown/beige accents maybe :3
I also understand if it works out that it stays red in the end though :'3

Esh wrote:Most people really hate Spencer so far which I don't mind at all. But I'm glad someone sympathizes with him. He's not all bad. And while reasons don't always justify actions- he has his reasons for being the way he is.

I'm probably too much of a mediator type I tend to want to fix everything and try to look at things from others points of view. There are some exceptions of course where I lose it or dont think something is worth fixing, if its some kind of wholly toxic relationship ya know but not often. Right now I can sympathize with both of the siblings and believe that their relationship can still be patched up still :3

I also have a few questions/comments that I forgot earlier

Have you ever heard of the app Kabedon never gonna let you go? I could never take kabedon seriously after playing it lolol

Out of the 5 classes of crytics what do vamps, werewolves, dullahans, and changelings fall into?

Would it be possible to make the text bigger in the game? It might just be me as a glasses girl but the smaller text gave me a bit of a headache reading it.

What are some of your favorite otomes?

what are some of your least favorite otomes?
Esh wrote:WHEW! Took a while to reply to this since I had a lot of interruptions too. LoL
No worries thankyou for taking the time to reply back ヽ(*⌒∇⌒*)ノ

Esh
Regular

#42 Post by Esh »

LuckyCats wrote: What about through corvins perspective? With familiars is it that only the contractor can hear the voices of them or can for example corvins cousins here each others familiar?
It's something I'll be looking into during my final edit of Corvin's route (which I'm working on now).

I appreciate your taking my opinion into consideration,
I think forest colors would be cool like a shade of darker green with brown/beige accents maybe :3
I also understand if it works out that it stays red in the end though :'3
Of course! We always value feedback. We can't always act on it but we do our best to consider the opinions of our followers when we can! OwO

Have you ever heard of the app Kabedon never gonna let you go? I could never take kabedon seriously after playing it lolol
I never have, but I'll have to look it up now! XD
Out of the 5 classes of crytics what do vamps, werewolves, dullahans, and changelings fall into?
So this is not as easy a question to answer as it seems! Classification is usually handled more on an individual basis than on a macro level such as by species. Because, in the end, even among groups like Vampires and Werewolves, there are some sub-categories that might fit into different classes. For example, a 10,000 year old natural Vampire might have accrued enough power to fit up in Class V. A Dullahan that has been living in the human world and interacting with humans for years may be able to fit in Class IV where one that's spend a lot of time haunting desolate places and terrorizing people might still be in Class III.

In the end, I'd say the majority of Vampires and Werewolves would fit into Class IV - they can blend into human society pretty well if/when they want to. For any Fae species, there's no 'most' - it's all very, very individual based. And Changelings are entirely different matter altogether. xD
Would it be possible to make the text bigger in the game? It might just be me as a glasses girl but the smaller text gave me a bit of a headache reading it.
We've changed the in-game font to one that is slightly wider and bigger. Though I don't have issues reading the one used in the demo, we've gotten a few complaints. Plus, several graphic designer friends were annoyed by the 'kerning' (which is something you hear a lot about when you have graphic designer friends. LoL). Anyway, yeah. I think people will find the one we're using now to be easier to read.
What are some of your favorite otomes?
I'd say that Nameless is probably my top favorite. It's not a perfect game by any stretch but I really liked how certain aspects of it were handled. Since I have friends in the BJD community, some of the back stories really rang true to me so that probably helped as well. LoL
what are some of your least favorite otomes?
Typically I think I can find something to like about nearly every game unless the writing quality is just flat out awful (and there are a couple of games I know of that fit into this category) or I find something offensive about the way relationships are handled (and...there are some in this category as well). I'd say I'm more likely to have least favorite characters rather than least favorite games though. xD

For instance, I'm not a huge fan of Shin in Amnesia. That route made me so mad! LoL. There are lots of characters in various mobage that also really got under my skin. I hate when there's a character that is perfectly likeable in other routes but when you're in that character's route, he's suddenly horrible.

That drives me nuts!

No worries thankyou for taking the time to reply back ヽ(*⌒∇⌒*)ノ
No problem!