WHoCDASoC [BxB][BL][Gintama][anime fanfiction][VN]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
aeri
Regular
Projects: Thereafter: A Medieval Life, What happens on camera doesn't always stay on camera, etc.
Organization: Meraki Tales
Tumblr: merakitales
itch: merakitales

WHoCDASoC [BxB][BL][Gintama][anime fanfiction][VN]

#1 Post by aeri »

What Happens on Camera Doesn’t Always Stay on Camera is a free, fan-made visual novel game dedicated to the pairing, Sakata Gintoki and Hijikata Toushiro, from the series Gintama.

This story is directly based on the fan fiction written by Aero on archiveofourown (AO3).

Summary written by Aero from AO3: Kissing a stranger video GinHijiGin style – Gintoki and Hijikata meet as strangers and the first thing they have to do is kiss each other.

Official Release Link: https://fawningtales.itch.io/ginhiji-whocdasoc

Author: Aero
Sprite Artist: Silvia
CG Artist: Aku
Coordinator/Programmer: Aeri
Other credits given in the game for background, music, and etc.

Other screenshots

Hello everyone!

I'm Aeri, the coordinator of this project, and welcome to the first free visual novel project under Fawning Tales.

I have been working with the fan fiction writer, Aero, to produce a visual novel game based on her fan fiction (under the same name) along with Silvia, our character artist. This project has started since November 2015 and has reached to the point where most of the character sprite art is completed and has a CG artist collaborating on this project just recently.

Length: 1 hour minimum.
Planned Platforms: Windows, Mac

If you enjoy Aero's story, Silvia's art, and Aku's art please support them and keep up with their updates via their tumblr!)
Last edited by aeri on Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

eridionn

Re: WHoCDASoC [BxB][BL][Gintama][anime fanfiction][VN]

#2 Post by eridionn »

Yup, I'm into it! I'm actually a very, very old member of the GinHiji fandom so seeing this in the WIP section was a super pleasant surprise! It's difficult to give feedback from the demo, since it's rather short, but I have a good feeling about this nonetheless.

The writing seems good, at least the bit I got from the demo, and the sprites look good too. I'm glad that there are a lot of endings, even if most of them are bad -- I just love exhausting every option there is. lmao. I guess my only complaint is that Hijikata looks //slightly// taller than Gin, but well. That's just nitpicking.

In any case, looking forward to it and keep up the good work!

(Pining Gintoki POV tho... my fave.)
There's a glimmer in the distance.

aeri
Regular
Projects: Thereafter: A Medieval Life, What happens on camera doesn't always stay on camera, etc.

#3 Post by aeri »

It is great to see someone on here who ships GinHiji :) I was a little hesitant at first posting on here since I don't think there are very much fanfic-based anime VNs that exists on here? Then again, I only recently came back to the forums (my last visit was around 2013 and someone reminded me about this forums).

I can probably reposition Hijikata little bit so he is a little shorter than Gintoki on the programming side xD

I'm glad you are looking forward to it and thank you for the comment ^ ^

aeri
Regular

#4 Post by aeri »

This visual novel is officially released!

I apologize for not keeping an update log since posting the game...

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#5 Post by Zelan »

Psst, you ought to make a post in the Completed Games section. c: That'll get a little more attention.