Sounds of Her Love [Romance][BxG]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
ds-sans
Regular
Completed: Lost Impressions, Sounds of Her Love

Re: Sounds of Her Love [Romance][BxG]

#31 Post by ds-sans »

Updated the progress section in the main post. More progress has been done on writing and programming!

Everything up until chapter 5 (and the alternative chapter 5 titled 5B) is complete! Chapter 1-4 is scripted into the game, so from time to time I post screenshots on my twitter @dssansVN

I've also removed the "misc" progress bar, since the surprises that are in store can't really be quantified/visualised (or they're not being actively worked on at this point in the development). They are going to come though, so keep up to date with the development and you'll "see" them when they do.

One other thing I've done is another BG I needed. This time a bunch of lockers. What events could possibly go down there? I wonder...

ds-sans
Regular

#32 Post by ds-sans »

I've updated the thread with a video just showcasing some of the basic things posted throughout the thread. The next video I'll post will have a release date, but that's pretty far off at this point in time.

Chapter 6 has also been finished. I was really pleased at the final word count, it's a longer chapter but hopefully it'll serve its purpose.

ds-sans
Regular

#33 Post by ds-sans »

A few misc programming updates, just to make the game better. I'd like to know what people think of them, plus any other details people think I have missed which would make the experience generally better for everyone.

Firstly, I have added animations to the GUI, just to give it a smoother feel. It looks great in my opinion, adding a little something extra without looking too flashy.

The second feature I have added is a playtime count for each save. This is displayed in hours and minutes, though single digits do not display "0" in front of them. (As seen in the first save below, which is 1 hour and 4 minutes.) It's something I'll have to fix, but the feature itself is certainly useful.

ds-sans
Regular

#34 Post by ds-sans »

Some more updates this month.

I've finished chapter 7! (Yeah, these chapter updates aren't really exciting.) I've caught up to the drafts of the chapters, so writing progress will probably slow considerably for a while. (That and work I need to finish that's unrelated to SOHL.)

I've also decided to showcase the second CG preview, which is shown below.

This of course will use the same camera motions shown previously in the thread, to add more emotion to the script when focusing on specific visual elements. (And to fix aspect ratio issues in this CGs case, since I've had to crop the actual source image to make a 16:9 shot. Which won't be a problem when I can move the camera around the screen anywhere I like.)

ds-sans
Regular

#35 Post by ds-sans »

A little bit of a mini update:

The writing is progressing well again, I've managed to write up the additional chapter to 7, titled 7B. Work has begun on chapter 8, and I have no other work at the moment so the pace will pick up again. I should have a release date ready to announce either late this month, or early next month. I can't be certain on anything yet, there's still quite a bit to do.

There are also a few things that I've been working on that I haven't announced or shown yet, but January is going to be a month filled with work, so stay tuned on progress.

ds-sans
Regular

#36 Post by ds-sans »

It's been a while since the last update!
The past month a lot of progress has been made. If you'd noticed in the main post, both the writing and artwork is now 100% complete. (Roughly anyway, I've done a little bit of rounding.)

Essentially, February is going comprise of getting everything working in Ren'Py ready for a release.

In other news, Ceri now has a voice actor! (She has for a while, but I've only just announced this.)
Amber Barile (twitter.com/Hikari_VA) is providing the voice for Ceri.

Here is a quick sample:

That's about it for now. Things are in the works though. I'll have more to announce later in February! So keep an eye out for updates.

ds-sans
Regular

#37 Post by ds-sans »

I am pleased to announce that Sounds of Her Love is now on Steam Greenlight, thanks to DEVGRU-P for publishing it!
Please throw your support at it!

As for developmental news, SOHL is in it's final stages of development! All that's left is to finish adding the remaining sound files, then making the final adjustments before thoroughly testing the final build.

ds-sans
Regular

#38 Post by ds-sans »

A gameplay video is now up for you to view! Please take a look below.

If you haven't already, please vote for us on Steam Greenlight. The support so far has been amazing!

ds-sans
Regular

#39 Post by ds-sans »

(Not as fancy as the other banner but it's got a smug Ceri in it so all is fine.)

I am pleased to announce that Sounds of Her Love is almost finished.

"Almost finished"? That's right, but I'm happy enough to say that the project is essentially complete. Aside from minor edits here and there (like the one shown later in this post) the only thing left now is to test it and prepare it for release. Which, I am currently doing. So essentially, Sounds of Her Love is now being tested and is (essentially) 100% complete.

Now you might (not) ask, "When exactly will Sounds of Her Love be released?" and that's an okay question. In response, I can say that the release would be sometime after the project is greenlit on Steam Greenlight. (If it is.) There probably won't be much time to "hype" the release but the VN has been public since October so getting it out there is all too due.

The Steam Greenlight page can be found here, though you've probably already seen it if you're reading this post. I would ask if you could share it with anyone who you'd think would be interested, if you do a good job I might just hire you as a PR person.

All jokes aside (the PR bit, not the visual novel), I appreciate all the support I have received both from the start of development, and even over the past month. Sharing it isn't required, but is deeply appreciated.

Advertising aside, here's one of the "minor edits" I've made to SOHL. Since the game uses high resolution CGs (really high, like 7000px wide) to achieve the camera movement effects when displayed in game, I thought it would be nice to be able to view these CGs at their native resolution in the gallery. So I added a feature that allows you to do so.

If your computer specs aren't quite up to standard for a visual novel, then the CGs can be viewed normally at the scaled resolution as shown at the start of the video.

Thank you for reading this update, but clarifying the actual status of the project is something that needed to be done.

ds-sans
Regular

#40 Post by ds-sans »

Sounds of Her Love is scheduled to be released on March 9th. Once released, it'll be available to download for free from the Steam store.

Follow the story of a blooming relationship between two students, slowly learning more about each other as their hearts connect after a fateful encounter.

What can be expected from SOHL can be found throughout the thread, but to quickly summarise:

- Approximately 40,000 words.
- 3 Endings
- Cinematic CGs
- A gallery in which the CGs can be viewed at full resolution, giving the player full control over camera position.
- 1920 x 1080 resolution
- And of course, Ceri.

Hopefully everyone enjoys SOHL as much as I have enjoyed making it. I'd like to thank everyone who has contributed and helped the project make it this far. It's really been great.

If anyone wants any last minute updates before it drops, then my Twitter (@dssansVN) would be the best place to catch them. Along with SOHL related info after the release.

Thank you.

ds-sans
Regular

#41 Post by ds-sans »

Sounds of Her Love has been released and is now available from the Steam store!
Please check it out here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/603880

I will create a post in the completed games section, though currently I don't have the time to create a new thread with up to date assets etc. It should be posted tomorrow, though I thought I should officially end this thread first by announcing the release.

I'd like to thank everyone who's supported me and contributed to the project! Please check out those featured in the "credits" section of the VN if you get the chance to play it.

Thank you!

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#42 Post by philip »

@ds-sans-

Just played through this again, I don't know how or why I neglected to leave a post earlier. This is visually attractive story with a wonderful and touching story. I greatly enjoyed it! You have done a marvelous job.

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"