The Rose of Segunda [GxB] [GxG] [Fantasy] [Commercial] COMPLETED

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: The Rose of Segunda [GxB] [GxG] [Fantasy] [Commercial]

#16 Post by Zelan »

I have always loved the combo of dark hair and eyes. Sofia is everything I've ever asked for in a love interest, honestly. ^_^ I'm excited for her route! Charlotte's a babe too, though, her red hair and her smile are so endearing.

blackcross12
Regular
Completed: The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea, The Rose of Segunda, Homecoming, Heaven's Grave,
Projects: Best Friends Forever [IP], The Thorns of War [IP], Rise of the Phoenix [IP]
Organization: Blackcross & Taylor
Tumblr: blackcross-taylor
itch: blackcrosstaylor

#17 Post by blackcross12 »

@ Zelan
Ah, thanks! I hope her route does Sofia justice then.

In a side note, I heard you might be getting into Twitch? If you let me know when you're next one is and I'll try to catch it (if it's not some ungodly hour of the morning where I am, of course)
ImageImageImageImageImage

blackcross12
Regular
Completed: The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea, The Rose of Segunda, Homecoming, Heaven's Grave,
Projects: Best Friends Forever [IP], The Thorns of War [IP], Rise of the Phoenix [IP]

#18 Post by blackcross12 »

Hello all

There have been some changes since the last time I posted, the major one being we have a new sprite and CG artist, Ayachin.

This is, by no means, a reflection on LoiLoi's excellent work. The sprites they produced for the game were lovely, but once I began coding the sprites in, I realised there were some disparities of style that I felt just didn't match with the feel I wanted for the game.

Anyway, in other news, we also have a background artist now, Fuyunokawa, and you can see examples of both of the new artist's work in the screenshots below.

Lastly, the words count is now up to 63,000 words and there is still quite a bit left to do. I am thinking currently, the word count will likely end up being around 90,000.

Thanks for reading

Blackcross
Attachments
TROS1.jpg
tros2.jpg

blackcross12
Regular

#19 Post by blackcross12 »

Hello all

Just a quick update. We have our first batch of CGs in, so I thought I'd share one along with a picture of the game's cast and the title screen.

Otherwise, progress is going well and I hope to have a demo out in early January 2018.

Thanks for reading

Blackcross
Attachments
Troscast.jpg
ss7.jpg
title.jpg

blackcross12
Regular

#20 Post by blackcross12 »

Hello all

Just a couple of screenshots to share. There are 11 backgrounds left to be completed and 13 CGs, so we're still on schedule for a January demo and a tentative early spring release date.

Other than that, the word count is creeping steadily higher - I'd love to quote actual figures here but for some reason, Lint's not playing even though the game launches fine. Well, finding out why can be a fun job for this weekend. ^_^

Thanks for reading

Blackcross
Attachments
teatime.jpg
party.jpg

blackcross12
Regular

Re: The Rose of Segunda [GxB] [GxG] [Fantasy] [Commercial] DEMO

#21 Post by blackcross12 »

Hello all

I am happy to announce the release of The Rose of Segunda Demo. Download links and more information can be found here:

https://blackcrosstaylor.itch.io/

Thanks for reading and happy holidays (if you are, in fact, on holiday) ^_^

Blackcross

NiKaWo
Regular
itch: NiKaWo

#22 Post by NiKaWo »

Oh, seems promising! The art is cute and I'm a sucker for games set in royal settings.
Haven't played the demo yet, but I feel like Bastien will be my fave because I love loyal/kind-hearted guys that share a history/past with the MC above every other archetype. As you might've guessed if you so happen recognize the character in my profile pic haha

Downloading the demo now!

Hope you're enjoying your holiday as well Blackcross, thanks to you and your team for your hard work.

---

*Edit*
Finished playing, I liked it a lot! The art was nice and the writing was really good (both the bgs and the sprites). I loved how much personality the character had (I played 'cunning' first).

Fave character was, as expected, Bastien I am so unbelievably weak for *anything* resembling a childhood friend character haha, but I also really liked the brother, Charlotte, the prince, and Sophia!
Well, really I liked all of the characters, but those were the ones I liked best. I'm really glad Sophia is a route at least! I feel like she will be my second fave, and then maybe the prince?? I can't say for certain yet.

I liked all the different potential scenes and dialogue options, it was a lot of fun to mess around and see all the options!

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this project, it's on my 'to buy' list for sure!

Any estimate on what you think the word count will be now? I know originally it was 60k, then 90k, and now...? If it's more than 100k I would definitely be willing to shell upwards of $10 - $15 for it!

blackcross12
Regular

#23 Post by blackcross12 »

@NiKaWo

Ah, what a lovely way to start the new year: with some kind feedback!

Many thanks for taking the time to let me know what you think of the demo. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it and that you've already got some favourite characters.

As for word count, we're up to 70,000 words now, and I think my estimate of 90,000 still stands unless something unexpected happens.

The game itself will be priced at £6.99 which I think is about $9.40 (depending on the exchange rate at the time), so I hope it will be within people's budgets.

Thanks for reading

Blackcross

NiKaWo
Regular
itch: NiKaWo

#24 Post by NiKaWo »

Oh good, I didn't realize that it would be in £ on the front page for some reason, so I was thinking that it was 5 - 7 $ and that seemed so low for the amount for work you were putting into this!!

Anyway, I've bookmarked this page so I can keep an eye on it, can't wait for the release!

blackcross12
Regular

Re: The Rose of Segunda [GxB] [GxG] [Fantasy] [Commercial] COMPLETED

#25 Post by blackcross12 »

Hello all

Just to announce this game is now completed.

Please find more details on how to play the demo and the full game here: https://blackcrosstaylor.itch.io/tros

Many thanks to everyone who supported me here and if you play the game, I hope you enjoy it.

Blackcross

CG6.jpg
CG18.jpg
CG23.jpg