One Year of Apocalypse [RPG][Strategic][Greenlit!!]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Lezalith
Regular

One Year of Apocalypse [RPG][Strategic][Greenlit!!]

#1 Post by Lezalith »

The game has been greenlit!
We would definitely recommend everyone to check it out. There's a trailer there, too!
Steam Greenlight!

The country of Brauvia used to be a relatively peaceful and prospering country. All changed when a civil war began between the capital of Palanca, and the military town of Roskov. Soroca and Briceni picked sides and all gave lives to resolve the civil war, even though all knew it would not end well. Neighbouring countries decided they didn't want anything to do with that, and closed off the borders.
But we're not here for that. War between Palanca and Roskov is long over. There are few people left in the country, and between them, there is our protagonist. Where does he come from? Is he going to help everyone survive, or will he put his own survival first? You get to decide that.

Gameplay:

Every week, you will choose two of the skills to practice. There are 36 skills to choose from.

Also, every week, an event will happen. During these events, you will be tested on your skills, and get an appropriate outcome. These events also affect your mood, and depending on your mood, you will have bonuses and penalties for learning certain skills.

There are also companions. You can have three companions in your group at once. There are three you start with and two you can recruit along the way of your adventure. All companions have a different story of their own to tell and different abilities that will aid you as you progress, but only if you stay on their good side.

Finally, there are items. Items affect weekly events, talking with companions, or can boost your skills. You can only have one item equipped at once, however, so choose wisely.

Credits:
Story writing and coding: Lezalith (Myself)
Logo and GUI: Potouto (More work here!)
Sprites: Shuta
Backgrounds: Ellisaire (More work here!)
Music and sound effects: Caelem Sky and Michaela Cornelius (More work here!)

Oh, you're still reading?

Well in that case, I am very happy my project interests you (Or maybe you just like looking at picture, in which case, do enjoy yourself!). You would be very kind to comment onto this post, tell us what you think, and ask any questions that you might have.
Every compliment and/or constructive criticism is much appreciated.

Thank you for reading this, and have a nice day.
Last edited by Lezalith on Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:28 am, edited 10 times in total.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: One Year of Apocalypse [RPG] [Strategic] [Commercial]

#2 Post by Zelan »

Oh, another one of potouto's mystery commissions! I've been watching potouto's commission thread and seeing logos drawn for games that I haven't seen threads for, so it's exciting when I recognize one.

The game looks very cool, although the stat-raising element seems like it'll be a little daunting. Still, I feel like I'd get countless hours out of this game, so it'd definitely be worth my money.

The art is pleasing to the eye. Suzy in particular looks like a sweetheart.

The bit abut diseases that didn't seem to exist before seems a little odd (might require a bit of suspension of disbelief), but of course if Jack's area of expertise isn't medicine he might not have been aware of pre-existing diseases. It's a little thing, anyway.

I'll be keeping an eye on this project, it seems promising. c:

Lezalith
Regular

Re: One Year of Apocalypse [RPG][Strategic][Greenlit!!]

#3 Post by Lezalith »

The game has been greenlit!

I would definitely recommend everyone to check it out. There's a trailer there, too!

rito
Regular
Projects: Bride of the NEET God
Tumblr: atelier-apricot

#4 Post by rito »

It definitely looks interesting--and this isn't usually my cup of tea at all! I like how the backgrounds and GUI help create that sense of, well, something post-apocalyptic.
I must admit I'm cautious since on top of needing a good story, a game like this needs good gameplay, but if the art is anything to go by, you're off to a good start.
Also Suzy is sooooo cute. I can't resist fluffy girls with platinum hair.

As a designer, I'll nitpick and say the logo looks too lighthearted for what this story is like. Also, in the Week Menu screenshot, using a larger first letter in a font without small caps means the bigger letter will be thicker, too, and it's compromising the design as a whole. I'd recommend rethinking that font choice, or at least make the rest of the letters bolder to match the larger capital, since they look flimsy for a survival story.
ri·to (ɺʲito) n. 1.illustrator 2.loves capybaras

Lezalith
Regular

#5 Post by Lezalith »

Updates!

Lezalith
Regular

#6 Post by Lezalith »

Updated!