Maid Mansion [BxG] [Eroge/Dating Sim/Romance] [RELEASED ON 11/13/20!!]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Crazy Cactus
Regular

Maid Mansion [BxG] [Eroge/Dating Sim/Romance] [RELEASED ON 11/13/20!!]

#1 Post by Crazy Cactus »

KICKSTARTER LIVE AT: http://kck.st/2fSVMXm
Background
When the Great War ended seventeen years ago, things were looking grim for the formerly proud nation of Zipang. Defeated by the forces of the Western Coalition, they fell into a state of constant civil unrest and uprisings against the foreign forces. Eventually, a new nationalist movement claiming to restore the old order managed to establish itself and forced the Coalition troops off the mainland within a decade after the end of the war, with only the westernmost island of Honto remaining firmly under control of the foreigners. In the rest of the country, the established democratic structures were abolished and replaced by a pseudo-democratic feudal system in which everybody still has the right to vote but the vote of someone not born into a low class is only worth one tenth of that of higher blood.

Of course, with large parts of the Western world against them, the government of Zipang (calling itself the Gohzoku) has more than enough problems running the country, especially economically. Many people live in poverty, and the Gohzoku blames that on the influence of saboteurs, spies and traitors working for the foreign devils. Each week, people suspected of collaboration are arrested and disappear. Every week, someone found guilty is publicly executed.

Basic Plot
In this bleak world, Yuu has lived a relatively sheltered life. His father died during the war, and his mother took him with her to her parents's house in the countryside until she disappeared in the years of civil unrest in Zipang. Yuu's grandparents on his mother's side raised him, but neither of them could replace his real parents, and he grew up a self-absorbed and egotistical young man.

Now his life has suddenly taken a turn for the better. His grandfather on his father's side – a former navy admiral who managed to keep both his fame and wealth during the years of turmoil – recently died and left Yuu his mansion and his wealth under the condition that he never fires the head maid, Takako. This seems quite strange since Takako is still a young woman – could she have meant something more than just a maid to the old man?

As Yuu moves in and finds himself in the position as the household's master, he slowly learns that the mansion is more than he thought: Some of the maids act in strange manners, and a government inspector of the Gohzoku is keeping a close eye on the place, determined to uncover its secrets. Rumours say that Yuu's grandfather was a dissident to the government, and that he actively used his mansion as a grounds to hide his co-conspirators. However, now with Yuu taking over the household, many in the government and local townsfolk question whether or not there was any validity to such tales to begin with. Having said that, the fact that Takako was specificially mentioned in his grandfather's will that she not be fired, is troublesome to Yuu, and makes him especially curious about why she's so important. Can she be trusted? He wasn't even all that close to his own grandfather to begin with, as the shared a troubled, strained relationship. How can he trust anyone at this newly-inherited mansion?

When the story begins...
While playing, you will get to decide whether or not Yuu will tread carefully with his newfound lordship over others. Based on your own actions and actions with other characters, you may end up with one of several different endings (10) for the initial game...

Will you allow yourself to be easily influenced? Or will you be harsh and stern, demanding "favors" in return for your hospitality? Are you sympathetic to the government's rebels or are you a staunch protector of the status quo? Regardless, its made clear that the government is watching you, and is keeping tabs on where your loyalty lies - that their secret police examine your every move. The safety or yourself, your maids, and the Gohzoku government may rest with you - all because you inherited a mansion in the countryside. Will the transition to you as the master of this Maid Mansion be tranquil and easy, or downright chaotic? The choice is yours.
SPECIAL NOTE: Misaki and Reiko are stretchgoal characters of the game, as shown by stretch goals below. They are not in the main game unless their goal is reached during initial funding next month (November 2016). In addition, there are some editing errors in the character profiles listed above that are known to me, and are being fixed at this time.

SPECIAL NOTE#2: Editing errors in the character profiles have been fixed as of October 24th, 2016, and Miyuki sprite profile has been added to this list.
© Crazy Cactus Entertainment LLC, 2016
Project Lead: M-G @ Crazy Cactus Entertainment LLC

Character Concepts: Hakei

Character Sprites (clean-up): Bonkiru

CG Artwork: Shunkaku

Backgrounds: Ruderoo

Lead Writer: B E A N

Graphics and GUI: Atomic Invasion

Programmer: Bonesy

Music: MellowNightz and (other)
Trailer: Sunasrose

Partnership with: DEVGRU-P

FEATURES/NOTES:
- The whole point is to choose to be good, deceptive, devious, or downright bad, and these choices will critically change how the story unfolds, both positively and negatively. Based on what you do, you might get the perfect ending with the lady of your dreams and a harem of your own, or be five feet under. Its up to you.
- The early focus is on well developed, intricate, and fleshed out romantic pursuits. Further funding helps give all romances a lot of development, growth, and individuality.
- Two (2) romance-able characters (quickly expands to 5 with stretch goals).
- Story has a focus on light and dark elements, with lots of drama!
- Multiple endings (10) for main game, including perfect, neutral, and bad endings (some very bad)...
- Some story elements, are both mildly violent but more often than not, very risque. [18+]

PROGRESS:
- Art (60%) - half of CGs for demo are complete, and only remaining sprite is in the 'clean-up' stage
- GUI and Coding (25%) - GUI is fully completed, awaiting final assets and demo programming will begin very soon.
- Writing/Story (65%) - Demo writing is all complete, main story is about 25k words done as of right now.
- Graphics (90%) - Mostly all are complete, save a few edits needing to be done.

RELEASE DATE: Tuesday, November 8th (will update should any problems arise)

This will be launched on Kickstarter on that date, and the demo will be ready beforehand, thus abiding by rules set here when the project launches and I will link directly to the campaign.

My goal is to be much more active here in the community and will continue to support as many other projects as I can, both with my own feedback and financially. You can even check out my Kickstarter name by searching it, where you will see I have helped fund over 100 different projects, with half or more of those being visual novel projects. But enough of that... Here are my questions for this community. Any help/feedback/support you all give is very much appreciated. I wish I could've gotten this thread up sooner, but I felt I didnt' want to post anything until I had more. As a matter of fact, I do have more I could post here, but I don't want to overwhelm. Anywho, onto the questions!!

QUESTIONS:

1. What are your initial thoughts about this game?

2. Do you have any specific feedback regarding the assets of the game, art style, price point, etc?

3. I was debating on making the secondary early bird tier at $10 something where it would be open until initial funding met at $8,500 -- meaning unlimited slots until that figure was hit. Does that sound like a better idea? Worse? You hate early birds period?

4. What's your advice for reaching the most amount of people within the next month until this launches?

5. Would you support this game?

KICKSTARTER LIVE AT: http://kck.st/2fSVMXm
Last edited by Crazy Cactus on Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:43 am, edited 16 times in total.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Maid Mansion [BxG] [Eroge/Dating Sim/Romance] [Commercia

#2 Post by Zelan »

It seems interesting - the Schindler's List style plot has room for a lot of depth. The art looks nice.

2. Do you have any specific feedback regarding the assets of the game, art style, price point, etc?
Some people might want more than two love interests if a game is $14, but if each LI has multiple different endings and/or each route is very long it probably shouldn't be a problem. And of course, if you meet your stretch goals that concern is null and void.

3. I was debating on making the secondary early bird tier at $10 something where it would be open until initial funding met at $8,500 -- meaning unlimited slots until that figure was hit. Does that sound like a better idea? Worse? You hate early birds period?
I'm not sure it's possible to do that with Kickstarter since I've never used it. Since I've never seen anyone do anything like that, I can't comment on its effectiveness.

4. What's your advice for reaching the most amount of people within the next month until this launches?
Use a LOT of social media - not just to promote your game, but to comment on others' games as well. Putting yourself out in the VN community really does get people to check your stuff out - if they like your comment or even just your avatar they might be interested and click on your profile. You could also reach out to other VN debs and cross-promote, like Cinderella Phenomenon and Mystic Destinies: Serendipity of Aeons did for each other as you can see in their campaign updates. (This specific example was during the Kickstarter but there's no reason that you can't do it beforehand.)

Encouraging people to spread the word is always a good idea.

I don't know if you know anyone at all in real life who enjoys visual novels, but if you do, tell them, too. They might tell one of their other friends, who might tell his friend, who might post about it online and reach a whole new group of people.

Not financially. I don't really have my own money to spend, and eroges aren't really my cup of tea. I'd be completely willing to support it by helping to spread the word, though.

Crazy Cactus
Regular

#3 Post by Crazy Cactus »

@Zelan

I see you got rid of the comment that some images weren't showing up. Are they showing up now? Is anyone else having an issue of not seeing any of the images?

I'll address some of your points:

2) Right now the routes are quite long, and with 10 different possible endings, and with many more in store should other characters (Misaki, Reiko) be unlocked, it will mean many more choices will have an impact. My writer is confident about fitting in all these endings and has taken the steps to account for all choices as they write for this to be a big driving force to get people interested.

3) It is possible from what I understand. Its like how people will sometimes close a tier if they run out of supplies or rewards for that tier - can use the same idea but will close it once I see that the main funding of $8.5k has been reached.

4) Definitely all good points, and I will add it to the list (Cpt. America style).

5) No worries if you can't support financially. Taking the time to write the response you did is already a huge help. Thank you so much! And of course, if you help spread the word, that would be very much appreciated!! :D

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#4 Post by Taleweaver »

Hey,

your project doesn't have a thread in our "Adult Works in Progress" section yet. It's mandatory that all projects unsuitable for a non-adult audience have such a thread even if the second thread in the open WIP forum has no actual adult contect.

Please create the second thread ASAP.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Crazy Cactus
Regular

#5 Post by Crazy Cactus »

Taleweaver wrote:Hey,

your project doesn't have a thread in our "Adult Works in Progress" section yet. It's mandatory that all projects unsuitable for a non-adult audience have such a thread even if the second thread in the open WIP forum has no actual adult contect.

Please create the second thread ASAP.
No problemo - just did it. Thanks for the heads-up!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#6 Post by Zelan »

Question that I forgot to ask before - do you plan to implement any mature filter? I'll *sometimes* play a game with sex scenes without one. Katawa Shoujo, for example, had a mature filter which removed the scenes entirely, and I decided I'd rather read through them due to their importance in the story than remove them completely. However, I would have to be very interested in the story itself to do this or I'll probably pass over it, especially if it's commercial.

Cute Demon Crashers!, Love and Romance: A Study of Intimacy, and CUPID all had mature filters which altered only the art and not the story, which I was very happy to have and did use.

I can't speak for anyone else, but if there's anyone out there who thinks like me, you might get more backers with a mature filter. In the end it's your choice whether to include one, but I would love it if there was one.

B E A N
Regular
Projects: Secret Agenda, Maid Mansion
Organization: Hot Coffee Entertainment

#7 Post by B E A N »

Zelan wrote:I can't speak for anyone else, but if there's anyone out there who thinks like me, you might get more backers with a mature filter. In the end it's your choice whether to include one, but I would love it if there was one.
Dude, you have no idea how much character development happens right during the sex scenes. (Trust me on this, I'm the one who writes them.) You don't wanna miss dat. I don't think the story'll work with a mature filter.

Just my perspective, tho. Crazy Cactus produces the whole thing; it's his decision.

Crazy Cactus
Regular

#8 Post by Crazy Cactus »

Zelan wrote:Question that I forgot to ask before - do you plan to implement any mature filter? I'll *sometimes* play a game with sex scenes without one. Katawa Shoujo, for example, had a mature filter which removed the scenes entirely, and I decided I'd rather read through them due to their importance in the story than remove them completely. However, I would have to be very interested in the story itself to do this or I'll probably pass over it, especially if it's commercial.

Cute Demon Crashers!, Love and Romance: A Study of Intimacy, and CUPID all had mature filters which altered only the art and not the story, which I was very happy to have and did use.

I can't speak for anyone else, but if there's anyone out there who thinks like me, you might get more backers with a mature filter. In the end it's your choice whether to include one, but I would love it if there was one.
To be honest, there's still a possibility of the game being released on Steam with none of the adult scenes included, as my programmer has said this wouldn't be all that difficult for them to do. There would be a patch available on a separate website if you download the clean version and want the dirty stuff later.

However, as B E A N mentioned, there is a LOT of character development during the love/sex scenes for Maid Mansion, and you would likely miss some crucial details about how Yuu evolves during these moments and how he changes for the better and/or for the worst during these key events. In my honest opinion, you would be missing out on a lot of things without the sex scenes, and the story would also lose its "flow" without them.

aE2S
Regular
Projects: Passing Times, Yuri Game Jam 2
Organization: Team aE2S

#9 Post by aE2S »

A: The art looks really great, bonkiru also did the art for One Thousand Lies, which I think is really amazing. My eyes are really satisfied.
The story seems interesting , I especially enjoy characters who are self-absorbed and egotistical , those that have a high sense of pride. Hopefully , the game selling point won't be the sex scenes, but rather the story that comes along with it ^~^

Yes, I feel that the Backer Goal thing might not be necessary , simply because if you get low amount of backers , but still get funded, then what about them unlocking those? Hence, I think you should reach out on social media more. In this case, if you use tumblr's , maybe 1000 Notes , 2000 , 5000 and so on? That way , you also get to promote your game which kinda answer my question for your 4th Question. Make use of Social Media as much as you can, I think a personal website will be good when you are ready to release the game. Though, make sure that people don't have to go to multiple websites just to find a certain piece of information they want! (meaning: update all of your social medias if you are planning to do it to one of them)

Honestly, it depends on what you want. I would go for the limited slots for say 50 people , then the next early bird tier for 100 people and then 150. Also depends on your retail price of the game ( did you write this in somewhere? sorry if i missed it.. )

Social Media. Website. Marketing. Promoting. Whatever you want to call it. Tell your friends about it, though sometimes I get pretty bad criticism from it just cause they think that Visual Novels are all about sex and porn. [zzz..] I would also encourage to do continuously update your fans while on Social Media. Make friends with fellow visual novels developers , just try to get to know as many people as you can for now, it will definitely help to build connections within the community( cant stress this enough, i wish everyone would try to get to know each other! ) .

Not right now as I'm low on funds [ Having two projects to take care of. ] , I might not be able to help fund your Kickstarter , but I'll definitely buy your game when it's on Steam ! ^~^

Looking forward to it :) Best of luck and hope you keep up the hard work on this game !
Oh, and props to all your members, everything here seems really well done overall, especially those sick looking graphics.
Please support my Twitter & Patreon page!

Patreon : https://www.patreon.com/officialae2s

Twitter : https://twitter.com/official_ae2s

Currently working on ; [ Passing Times ]
Participating in ; Yuri Game Jam 2 , 2016 ! Demo to be released before 31st of October !

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#10 Post by Zelan »

Crazy Cactus wrote:
Zelan wrote:Question that I forgot to ask before - do you plan to implement any mature filter? I'll *sometimes* play a game with sex scenes without one. Katawa Shoujo, for example, had a mature filter which removed the scenes entirely, and I decided I'd rather read through them due to their importance in the story than remove them completely. However, I would have to be very interested in the story itself to do this or I'll probably pass over it, especially if it's commercial.

To be honest, there's still a possibility of the game being released on Steam with none of the adult scenes included, as my programmer has said this wouldn't be all that difficult for them to do. There would be a patch available on a separate website if you download the clean version and want the dirty stuff later.

However, as B E A N mentioned, there is a LOT of character development during the love/sex scenes for Maid Mansion, and you would likely miss some crucial details about how Yuu evolves during these moments and how he changes for the better and/or for the worst during these key events. In my honest opinion, you would be missing out on a lot of things without the sex scenes, and the story would also lose its "flow" without them.
Oh, of course, I completely understand that! That's why I didn't use the mature filter for KS, and why I linked the three examples that I did. Like I said, the only thing that those three do is change the art (except maybe CUPID? that one might affect the story a bit). Love and Romance used simple boxes, which were a little clunky-looking, but they did the job. CDC had hearts covering the sex organs, which was less intrusive and fit the cutesy style.

It's all up to you in the end, but some of us dumb pure story-loving virgins would feel a lot more comfortable playing the game with a censor like that. c:

Crazy Cactus
Regular

#11 Post by Crazy Cactus »

aE2S wrote:1. What are your initial thoughts about this game?
A: The art looks really great, bonkiru also did the art for One Thousand Lies, which I think is really amazing. My eyes are really satisfied.
The story seems interesting , I especially enjoy characters who are self-absorbed and egotistical , those that have a high sense of pride. Hopefully , the game selling point won't be the sex scenes, but rather the story that comes along with it ^~^

Yes, I feel that the Backer Goal thing might not be necessary , simply because if you get low amount of backers , but still get funded, then what about them unlocking those? Hence, I think you should reach out on social media more. In this case, if you use tumblr's , maybe 1000 Notes , 2000 , 5000 and so on? That way , you also get to promote your game which kinda answer my question for your 4th Question. Make use of Social Media as much as you can, I think a personal website will be good when you are ready to release the game. Though, make sure that people don't have to go to multiple websites just to find a certain piece of information they want! (meaning: update all of your social medias if you are planning to do it to one of them)

Honestly, it depends on what you want. I would go for the limited slots for say 50 people , then the next early bird tier for 100 people and then 150. Also depends on your retail price of the game ( did you write this in somewhere? sorry if i missed it.. )

Social Media. Website. Marketing. Promoting. Whatever you want to call it. Tell your friends about it, though sometimes I get pretty bad criticism from it just cause they think that Visual Novels are all about sex and porn. [zzz..] I would also encourage to do continuously update your fans while on Social Media. Make friends with fellow visual novels developers , just try to get to know as many people as you can for now, it will definitely help to build connections within the community( cant stress this enough, i wish everyone would try to get to know each other! ) .

Not right now as I'm low on funds [ Having two projects to take care of. ] , I might not be able to help fund your Kickstarter , but I'll definitely buy your game when it's on Steam ! ^~^

Looking forward to it :) Best of luck and hope you keep up the hard work on this game !
Oh, and props to all your members, everything here seems really well done overall, especially those sick looking graphics.
1) I completely understand your point and while I believe that even the sex scenes themselves will be a vital part of the story - the rest of it will be equally captivating and not just filller until the next sex scene. Based on your choices, you will get to explore just how much you will let the power corrupt Yuu, or if you will delicately skirt the balance and stay a sane and decent man, or become a harsh and corrupt one. The story is being written in a way to be compelling in that way.

2) I understand the idea of the Tumblr or Tweets or other social media instead of the "Backer Goal" chart and will definitely take it under advisement. Having said that, I am hoping that having it be as the number of backers will help spur on more support than a traditional re-tweet or something else, when those won't necessarily mean an additional patron to pledge.

3) The reason why I have larger numbers for early bird pledges is based on my own personal experience. I've seen campaigns earn far less, in my opinion, when they have their first early bird pledge level have so few entries. In addition, most times, these visual novel campaigns I've seen will have only 50 slots for an "early bird" priced as low as $8 and once closed, the regular price is almost $15. Largely, I've been turned off when A) they offer such few slots for the early bird and B) the early bird is offered at a price discount almost 50% off what I as a new pledger would have to pay since I missed the early bird.

4) All excellent points, definitely.

5) Sorry you can't help fund, but maybe you'll change your mind when you see how much more we have to offer on this thread soon, and how much more polished everything will become. Thank you for commenting on the graphics as well. I believe Atomic Invasion did a fantastic job!

Crazy Cactus
Regular

#12 Post by Crazy Cactus »

Zelan wrote:
Crazy Cactus wrote:

Oh, of course, I completely understand that! That's why I didn't use the mature filter for KS, and why I linked the three examples that I did. Like I said, the only thing that those three do is change the art (except maybe CUPID? that one might affect the story a bit). Love and Romance used simple boxes, which were a little clunky-looking, but they did the job. CDC had hearts covering the sex organs, which was less intrusive and fit the cutesy style.

It's all up to you in the end, but some of us dumb pure story-loving virgins would feel a lot more comfortable playing the game with a censor like that. c:
I will look into the possibility of the censoring idea. I know some games I've played will have some random screen flash with some kiss marks or heart signs to indicate the "love scene" and forego showing anything adult in nature. There's still the option of the normal, un-adult for Steam, with a separate patch for the adult scenes, but I say again that I still feel like you miss out on some crucial details/moments without them. As I mentioned in the beginning though, I will think about the censoring idea.

Crazy Cactus
Regular

#13 Post by Crazy Cactus »

UPDATE #1:

Hi all, wanted to update the thread with some BGs to show people what kind of style backgrounds they can expect from Maid Mansion. These are all possible due to the hard work of Ruderoo, who can be found at: http://ruderoo.deviantart.com/gallery/5 ... Commission

His rates are extremely reasonable, his work speaks for itself, and he puts a LOT of effort into each background -- typically two days for each one, on average. His lovely works speak for themselves.

P.S. My next update will show some of what our plans are for the GUI (just hired our programmer Bonesy to begin work on the demo, which should be ready, on time, for a October 25th upload - two weeks prior to Maid Mansion's launch on Kickstarter (November 8th, 2016).

P.P.S. If you pledge at Gold level during campaign, you will get to see these BGs in better definition and see the sketches for all of them, getting a play-by-play of how Ruderoo breathed life into the scenery of Maid Mansion's settings.

Once Again!!

A very warm welcome to Bonesy to the Maid Mansion team and a heartfelt thanks and shoutout to Ruderoo for all his hard work on these backgrounds.

We would love to hear what you all think!

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Nusantara: Legend of the Winged Ones
Deviantart: SweetChiel

#14 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi there!
I'll answer your questions as much as I can x'D

Great Art! I like the colors, amazing backgrounds too <3 but probably now my game since I'm a woman :"))

You're ambitious! O.O I think the story and art is good and interesting, but basic goal is a bit high; $8500 for 2 love interest? >.<;
However, I see the strech goals is up to 5 love interest so it should be all good? I can't say anything since I haven't tried Kickstarter.

Hmm, I think it depends on your marketing, promoting, and demand. Let's say... if the earliest bird & early bird package are sold within 2-3 days, then I think it's a good idea to make it unlimited until you reach the basic goal.

Tell your friends and help share it! Unlockable things with particular amount of backers are a good idea but I think it will be better if you set it with amount of Facebook shares, twitter re-tweet, or tumblr notes.

I will if it's otome x'D I'm not your market since I'm a woman and I prefer to see manmeat*cough

I hope this helps?
Good luck for both of us! I'm only starting IndieGoGo next year but I'll help you share this project later :D
xoxo,
SweetChiel

NaiDriftlin
Regular

#15 Post by NaiDriftlin »

From Twitter:
‏@CrazyCactusEnt
@RemortStudios Would love any positive/negative feedback at viewtopic.php?f=43&t=40646 … (or msg privately there if you prefer). Thank you!

Welp. Here goes. Let me start with your questions.

First glance impression: Oppai maid game. Looks a little like the one I grew up with was 18 for three years with, except the faces are a little weird and there's no flat chested girl.
I'll get to that. Let me go through the other questions first, since this is super open ended.
I don't think it's a terrible idea. That said, I don't think you should undervalue your product just because you want to get funded. The price you set it at also conveys some level of quality to your buyer. I'm not suggesting you bust out $60 price tags. Limit it at a hard number and offer more value at higher tiers.
That's not really something I could answer in just a few minutes. You really should have had a 120-day, 90-day, 60-day, and 30-day plan set up ahead of time. At this point, you're going to need to be pushing visuals like mad to draw people in. Get some risque CGs circulating through communities that support lewd creativity ASAP.
Probably not. And I'll try to be as detailed in my reasoning so that you understand why your product doesn't appeal to me.

I'm going to give you two sets of reasons. One focusing on not-lewd stuff, one for lewd content. If you were to satisfy at least one of these sets of reasons, I would probably back it.

Not-Lewd Set

- Same face shape across all of the female characters. It's incredibly off-putting to me.
- I have no reason to care about the main character. There doesn't really seem to be anything at stake for the character, and if there is it isn't immediately apparent. Oh no, he might lose his brand new mansion and busty maids(two of which are barely legal to begin with) and go back to being an every-day schmuck.
- If it's not about the MC, why should I care about the other characters? I think Misaki may be the only character with a plight or a problem.
- By merely suggesting that there may be something darker about a person, people will assume there is something darker about that person. A poor way to hide a secret is to tell people that a secret exists, because then they'll start looking for it.
- The only character that seems to be adding (non-sexual) tension or drama is.. locked? She's the closest thing to an antagonist I can see coming out of this.

Lewd Set

- Same face. Except here, it's a bonerkiller.
- Zero body diversity. Oppai or or bust in a pretty literal way. When the smallest cup in the house is D, they're all less interesting in general. Older women are more enticing when they're the ripest fruits, if you get my drift. Which you do, because Reiko is H-cup'd. But it might be better if someone had something smaller than a C.
- Takako's tits look lopsided. Literally the first thing I noticed about her.
- I get the game is about maids, but you can mix other fetishes with maids. Other than huge tits, barely legal and milf.

Things I liked that I wanted to point out, but didn't before now:

Your graphic designer is on point across the board. The character profiles, the text, the logos, all really well done.

Narumi's cute. If you do decide to re-face the cast, you should probably let her keep that one. She's also the prime candidate for breast reduction surgery, imo.

The backgrounds are well done. Very high quality. How do the sprites look over them?

Aside from the faces, the character designs are pretty solid. If they were more diverse as a cast, it'd be better.
Honest Feedback Welcome! viewtopic.php?f=43&t=42105#p440676
Want feedback? Just ask!

Want instant feedback?
Join me on Discord Devtalk! https://discord.gg/K3w2khD