No problemo. Any feedback is always welcome, which is why I asked for it. I'm going to focus on more of this than the previous section, and will take all the other feedback into consideration.Not-Lewd Set
- Same face shape across all of the female characters. It's incredibly off-putting to me.
- I have no reason to care about the main character. There doesn't really seem to be anything at stake for the character, and if there is it isn't immediately apparent. Oh no, he might lose his brand new mansion and busty maids(two of which are barely legal to begin with) and go back to being an every-day schmuck.
- If it's not about the MC, why should I care about the other characters? I think Misaki may be the only character with a plight or a problem.
- By merely suggesting that there may be something darker about a person, people will assume there is something darker about that person. A poor way to hide a secret is to tell people that a secret exists, because then they'll start looking for it.
- The only character that seems to be adding (non-sexual) tension or drama is.. locked? She's the closest thing to an antagonist I can see coming out of this.
- Same face. Except here, it's a bonerkiller.
- Zero body diversity. Oppai or or bust in a pretty literal way. When the smallest cup in the house is D, they're all less interesting in general. Older women are more enticing when they're the ripest fruits, if you get my drift. Which you do, because Reiko is H-cup'd. But it might be better if someone had something smaller than a C.
- Takako's tits look lopsided. Literally the first thing I noticed about her.
- I get the game is about maids, but you can mix other fetishes with maids. Other than huge tits, barely legal and milf.
Things I liked that I wanted to point out, but didn't before now:
Your graphic designer is on point across the board. The character profiles, the text, the logos, all really well done.
Narumi's cute. If you do decide to re-face the cast, you should probably let her keep that one. She's also the prime candidate for breast reduction surgery, imo.
The backgrounds are well done. Very high quality. How do the sprites look over them?
Aside from the faces, the character designs are pretty solid. If they were more diverse as a cast, it'd be better.
--For the same face criticism, I can definitely understand where you're coming from, which is why I had our concept artist try to add more age to those older and more youth to those younger. As for the age of the ladies and the barely legal thing, some of the ages have actually been changed to be older, since it didn't make much sense (and the updated profiles haven't been sent to me yet).
--For the main character, I can see how people would fail to empathize with him from the get-go, that only becomes more known once you get a chance to know more about him, which will only be truly possible with the demo's release. If there's a reason people might empathize with him, its because he's grown up where many things in his life have been decided for him, and now he's left alone to finally do whatever he wants and (as him) you can make some really good choices for his future, or some really bad ones.
--Body diversity. I completely understand. Its like another project I have on the backburner where there aren't many flat-chested either. I get the diversity angle, but at the same time it feels like it becomes, "you MUST have a small breasted girl in there, to be fair." Again, not knocking that (no pun intended), but I tried to make up for the lack of breast size diversity with the age differences and other body forms.
--The "locked" person is Miyuki and she is definitely an antagonist. The polishing of her sprite should be done this week and ready to be updated here. The fact there's even a "locked" for her profile is a temporary placeholder - she's actually in the main story. That's a bit confusing and a failing on my part.
--Takako's tits being a bit lopsided I noticed from early on and tried to fix that actually. If it still looks that way, its something I can try to fix for the demo. Or if too late for that, the eventual release next year, should funding be met.
--There are some other fetishes in this visual novel persay, but I will not divulge them specifically. That's for our readers to discover and choose on their own.
--Atomic did an excellent job with graphics. We still have some tweaking and editing to do, but I'm proud overall.
--Narumi is our cutest, since she will be the youngest of the bunch. Face will be kept. Breasts will stay that size. Hopefully we get some bigger funders to the game, perhaps they will use some ladies with smaller breasts for the game - I would welcome additions that way. Changing so much right now would cost quite a bit that I myself need elsewhere.
--Backgrounds are really great, and the sprites look quite good over them as well. Will upload some earlier samples of the characters over the BGs (these are NOT current up-to-date of the GUI though)...
--The body diversity is something I might not be able to do much about now.... maybe I might be able to if Maid Mansion is really successful.
As always, thank you for your feedback and to everyone else thus far!!