Maid Mansion [BxG] [Eroge/Dating Sim/Romance] [RELEASED ON 11/13/20!!]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Crazy Cactus
Regular

Re: Maid Mansion [BxG] [Eroge/Dating Sim/Romance] [Commercia

#61 Post by Crazy Cactus »

UPDATE #15:

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!

Demo was sent to me and I'm going through it quickly, and have already spotted some bugs and am keeping a record of them.

We are still on schedule to launch later this morning at 11am EST.

I am very excited to have everyone's support and it would mean the world to the team that even if money is tight and you can't pledge, that you might be able to support us with a retweet or mention on any of your social media pages!

Thank you all so much and I will keep you posted!

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran
Projects: Ethereal Creatures

#62 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

Do you guys have a tumblr page?
ImageImage

Crazy Cactus
Regular

#63 Post by Crazy Cactus »

LadyOfGatsby wrote:Do you guys have a tumblr page?
We will be using http://crazycactusent.tumblr.com/ for in-development updates, along with Twitter.

Crazy Cactus
Regular

#64 Post by Crazy Cactus »

WE HAVE LAUNCHED!

DEMO IS AVAILABLE CURRENTLY AT: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=41235

Thank you all and hope to see you there!!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#65 Post by Zelan »

Here we gooo!! Get hyped! :D Very smart of you to playtest before uploading the demo to KS - hope you can get those bugs sorted out soon!

Crazy Cactus
Regular

#66 Post by Crazy Cactus »

Zelan wrote:Here we gooo!! Get hyped! :D Very smart of you to playtest before uploading the demo to KS - hope you can get those bugs sorted out soon!
We'll have to postpone the polished demo a little longer till tomorrow night - both of us need sleep. I have to be up again in 3 hours for work so this is it for me tonight.

We have 79 backers so far at $1,097 funded in a little over 12 hours. If you have pledged, I seriously love you. Hugs.... (seriously)

If you missed link, here it is...

KICKSTARTER LIVE AT: http://kck.st/2fSVMXm

13 of the $8 early bird tiers left, then it moves on to the $9 tier. Get yours if you want to save a dollar or two now! Good night all! Thank you for your pledge, your support, your good thoughts, your re-tweets, your everything. See you tomorrow (or today for me - past midnight)...

Crazy Cactus
Regular

Re: Maid Mansion [BxG] [Eroge/Dating Sim/Romance] [KICKSTART

#67 Post by Crazy Cactus »

DEMO AVAILABLE -- https://maidmansion.itch.io/maid-mansion-demo

--Linux
--Mac
--Windows

Also, in 2.5 hours we will reach the two day mark of our campaign, and already we have raised a little more than 30% of funding!

That is incredible news for us and we have many people here we'd like to thank for getting us so far, so quickly! It's mind-boggling really.

If you haven't checked us out already, you can find our campaign at http://kck.st/2fSVMXm -- there are still many $9 early birds left, but the $8 ones have sold out after the first day.

Thank you all for your support and hope you enjoy the demo!

Crazy Cactus
Regular

#68 Post by Crazy Cactus »

I've gotten great feedback and lots of comments on how to improve the demo and lots of positive constructive critiques for Maid Mansion, and I'm excited by the enthusiastic response by so many of you.

As of right now, with the help of one generous "Lord of the Mansion" and 30+ backers yesterday, we are at 50% funding just shy of one hour at being three days into the campaign. In just the three days we've raised half our funding. Words can't describe how happy I am right now!

We still have plenty of the $9 earlier bird tiers of the game, and would love to have your support. That of course still includes all game-relevant stretch goals. We could be at almost 2/3 funding when we sell the remaining stretch goals and, since I'm greedy, I hope we hit that milestone by this time tomorrow. Let's let this wonderful maid-train keep chugging along!!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#69 Post by Zelan »

Played through the demo once! Managed to avoid any sexual content, although not entirely on purpose. I'll revisit it once I have time. ^_^ For now, comments:

Pros:
+I really like Narumi's character. At the very beginning, I was skeptical since she seemed a little one-dimensional, but then came the bit with her jobs and I went "awww!" Plus her sprite is cute. She's probably the best waifu candidate out of the three ladies.
+I was frustrated by the fighting between Umeko and Takako. Usually, of course, "I'm frustrated" is a bad reaction to get from a game, but since Yuu was also frustrated, it meant that I was empathizing with the main character. I found myself thinking "Ugh, here they go again," every time that tense music (nice track, by the way!) started up.
+You guys have done a nice job setting up the dystopian setting without shoving it down my throat with exposition. Nicely done.

Cons:
-Takako's hair has some weird white clipping around it. A few other sprites have this, too, but it's most noticeable on her.
-The music sometimes cuts off too suddenly. It works in some places, like when Umeko tells Yuu that his grandfather is dead, but other times it's just sudden. I'd suggest having the music fade out in those places instead.
-The game itself cuts back to the main menu too suddenly. It'd be better if you had a short thing appear in the textbox saying "You've reached the end of the demo!" or something like that.
-Some typos and such. (Out of curiosity, is English your writer's second language? The writing as a whole is fantastic and the errors are minimal, but there are a few places where there are mistakes that I've noticed are typical of people with English as a second language. No hate - it actually took quite some time for me to think about this - just wondering. c:)

Crazy Cactus
Regular

#70 Post by Crazy Cactus »

Zelan wrote:Played through the demo once! Managed to avoid any sexual content, although not entirely on purpose. I'll revisit it once I have time. ^_^ For now, comments:

Pros:
+I really like Narumi's character. At the very beginning, I was skeptical since she seemed a little one-dimensional, but then came the bit with her jobs and I went "awww!" Plus her sprite is cute. She's probably the best waifu candidate out of the three ladies.
+I was frustrated by the fighting between Umeko and Takako. Usually, of course, "I'm frustrated" is a bad reaction to get from a game, but since Yuu was also frustrated, it meant that I was empathizing with the main character. I found myself thinking "Ugh, here they go again," every time that tense music (nice track, by the way!) started up.
+You guys have done a nice job setting up the dystopian setting without shoving it down my throat with exposition. Nicely done.

Cons:
-Takako's hair has some weird white clipping around it. A few other sprites have this, too, but it's most noticeable on her.
-The music sometimes cuts off too suddenly. It works in some places, like when Umeko tells Yuu that his grandfather is dead, but other times it's just sudden. I'd suggest having the music fade out in those places instead.
-The game itself cuts back to the main menu too suddenly. It'd be better if you had a short thing appear in the textbox saying "You've reached the end of the demo!" or something like that.
-Some typos and such. (Out of curiosity, is English your writer's second language? The writing as a whole is fantastic and the errors are minimal, but there are a few places where there are mistakes that I've noticed are typical of people with English as a second language. No hate - it actually took quite some time for me to think about this - just wondering. c:)
Pros - glad you like Narumi, the emotional setups of the story (we're trying our best), and the overall setting thus far. Also, the scenes in the demo are tamer than what you can expect in the main game, trust me.

Cons - the clipping and cropping of sprites has been brought to my attention and its something we can definitely focus on to polish up. The music, I will admit, isn't perfectly executed for the demo and for that, I apologize. We were in a bit of a time crunch, but if we meet funding, those extra monies will allow me to commission the composer again (or an entirely new one) to develop a more cohesive OST so that the music fits in places and fades in and out better when needed.

As for the game ending so suddenly, that was again an oversight on my part and not something I took into consideration to have a notice/message at the end for that.

Our writer, B E A N is currently in Germany, and while I believe English is their second language, I can tell you that their style and form is much better than I've seen a lot of my own native brethren's writing, (with English as their first language). Having said that, and reiterating what I've said in demo thread, we've got some great people (yourself included) helping point out spelling/grammar mistakes that will help us keep a better eye out for more similar mistakes so we make less of them as we move forward with developing the game (upon completion of the Kickstarter).

My plan - I am assembling a small team of editors/proofreaders and they will assist us with quality checking Maid Mansion as we move forward, helping us to catch any spelling, grammar, picture, glitch, etc issues that might happen as we create alpha/beta stages of the game. I am happy to have them alongside us and will be proud to include them in the credits of Maid Mansion!

Kickstarter Status - http://kck.st/2fSVMXm - we are currently at 71% of our goal with 23 days remaining. We just passed $5,000 earlier tonight and need less than $2,000 more to meet goal. If you have helped fund us already, thank you so much! If you're still thinking about it or undecided, we hope you will give us a chance! Thanks for your time tonight!

Crazy Cactus
Regular

#71 Post by Crazy Cactus »

Hey everyone!

Just a quick update!

Maid Mansion is now currently at 80% funding with a little over 19 days remaining in the campaign!

LINK: http://kck.st/2fSVMXm

For those who haven't pledged, we have 16 slots of the $9 early bird tier remaining and once that's gone, that's it. Also, if you pledge before noon tomorrow, there will be a backers-only update with a link for a private stream to see some art being worked on! Should be exciting and hope to see you there!

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or wish to offer feedback on anything, please let me know. Thank you for your support if you have pledged and would love to have more of you aboard the maid train. Talk to you soon.

P.S. If any problems happen with the stream, we will be sure to let our backers know immediately.

Crazy Cactus
Regular

#72 Post by Crazy Cactus »

If you are a backer, our CG artist will be streaming LIVE from 4-7pm EST today on a romance scene (adult) from Maid Mansion.

Information is available at http://kck.st/2fSVMXm under Update #6 with the link to the stream!!

Hope to see some backers there!

Crazy Cactus
Regular

#73 Post by Crazy Cactus »

Comments from our esteemed Miyuki Toritaka:
"Please, Yuu... *not surprised voice* I had all the faith in the world that our backers would get us to 6k."
Seriously everyone, we're at $6k now with $1k more to go to hit our goal. And we still have 16 days left in the campaign! Still have a whole 'nother half a campaign to run!

Only four (4) early birds left and then that's it. Also, I may be opening a new art book tier soon and/or a higher priced character cameo tier as well. Thank you all for your continued support/help/comments through here and at Kickstarter!

You all are the best!

Crazy Cactus
Regular

#74 Post by Crazy Cactus »

UPDATE #8:

Please see Update #8 at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cr ... ts/1749325 for all the most recent news regarding Maid Mansion, including new information about new tiers for our game.
Currently, we are sitting at 89% with roughly 15 days remaining in the campaign.
You are ALL fantabulous (that's right - I said it). Thank you for your support now and forever!

If you haven't already joined us @ http://kck.st/2fSVMXm, we hope you will think about it!

Have a good evening everyone!!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#75 Post by Zelan »

Ahh, it's so close! Here's hoping for a few stretch goals as well. ^_^

I went back and played all of the choices that I missed. No criticisms besides a few more typos/grammar errors. c: http://imgur.com/a/Blpj1 Other than that, it's looking good so far!
No Narumi love scenes yet? I may not be playing for them but she's my favorite girl.