[IndieGoGo LIVE] Nusantara:Bermuda Triangle [GxB]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Chaloddi
Deviantart: Chaloddi

Re: Nusantara:Bermuda Triangle Genre [GxB] [Fantasy] [Advent

#16 Post by Chaloddi »

Omg a new game by sweet chiel >.< now i can die happy... well, soon~ ♥

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Nusantara: Legend of the Winged Ones
Deviantart: SweetChiel

#17 Post by SweetChiel »

Chaloddi wrote:Omg a new game by sweet chiel >.< now i can die happy... well, soon~ ♥
Aww thank you Chaloddi <3
We're back to per one week/two weeks progress update so stay tuned~ :'3

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

It's FRIDAY!

#18 Post by SweetChiel »

Again, it's Friday guys!! xD Weekends are here <3
I just want to tell you that I posted a few questions on the main page for you to answer :'3 it will help me to make the game better and your ideas/critiques will stimulate my inspiration for sure xD

Hope you guys have a blast this weekends! Have fun and see you in Monday!

xoxo,
SweetChiel

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#19 Post by Zelan »

3. Will you guys be happy if I add a route to romance the antagonist?

It would be interesting, definitely. But you'd have to make sure it made sense - Maya's friends would probably warn her away from him, for example, and probably the overall tone would be different. It's a cool idea!

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#20 Post by SweetChiel »

Zelan wrote:3. Will you guys be happy if I add a route to romance the antagonist?

It would be interesting, definitely. But you'd have to make sure it made sense - Maya's friends would probably warn her away from him, for example, and probably the overall tone would be different. It's a cool idea!
Thank you for pointing it out Zelan ~
I'll definitely do my best to execute it and spare no effort! X'D I can't reveal anything yet since this particular route is still in consideration due to immense time and work it requires but I can ensure you if this happens, the story will take a whole new level!

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 10/17/2016

#21 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi guys!
last week was a blast x'D I think I got too excited and my working-drive got a boost or something lol.

Here are the things I finished last week:
- Maya & her lil' sister's bedroom BG morning ver.
This is a 200% zoom in version~ 100% ver will be posted in my patreon :3

- Jakarta map from eagle's view screen & programming. It's based on this google earth map:

and this is the 200% zoom in renpy screenshot. I will post the 100% view next week x3
Working on small cities/buildings were a nightmare :')) seriously, I think I spend more time detailing the small buildings and road than the coloring x'D

- Guntur's CG line art
I think I'm going to color CGs after I finished their script later o.o; No sneak peeks for this, sorry hun~

Oh and here's a forest background sample :'3 too much BG sample of modern BGs eh? I'm going to post a step by step WIP in my patreon for this next week~

okay, that's it for now~ I think I'm going to replenish my brain juice this week and take it slow :'D
See you guys again!
xoxo,
SweetChiel

Amberbaum
Regular

#22 Post by Amberbaum »

Wil we get to see some cameo appearances from your last game :3?

I'm so happy to see you working on another project.

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#23 Post by SweetChiel »

Amberbaum wrote:Wil we get to see some cameo appearances from your last game :3?

I'm so happy to see you working on another project.
Yup, there will be some cameo but not everyone in Winged Ones will make appearances x')

If you notice, the island in the middle is the archipelago from Winged Ones ~
Thank you for your support! I'm also happy :'3

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 10/24/2016

#24 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi guys!
Monday is here again x'D I finished some things:
- 2 Maya's sprite pose
I had so much fun with her last week xD I'm planning to make 3 poses for each major characters... maybe more but let's just start one at a time :'D

- 'Dilligence' status chibi animaiton frames (4 frames)
Good news is that it turned out better than I expected but... Bad news is that the .psd file became corrupted the next day and I ended up re-making it ^^;;

- Aryan's CG sketch (still need some revision)

More sneak peeks are available on my patreon as usual :'3
Also, I released my first step by step WIP forest background on patreon today! x'D

It's not much but I hope it can help you to see how I make a background. The pack will be send out on 1-5th November :'3
I also plan to give tips & tricks on how to make 3 timeline background with simple tricks (morning, afternoon, night) but I'll save it for later when I run out of visual assets to show you guys x'D

Also... last week I told you a list of the things I have to make before writing scripts & programming right? Apparently, I forgot one thing in the list :'D
- Title illustration
- 1 Jakarta and its surrounding illustration from eagle eye's view
- 4 or 5 Introduction CGs
- Make the sprites blink + expressions
- (probably) Maya's bedroom BG?
- Minigame testing & programming
- 6 Chibi illustrations Silly me, make it 14 Chibi illustration frames (4x3 status + 2 extra chibi for 1 bachelor) I may add more in the future or when my muse strikes.
- 3 intermission bonus illustrations

Hmm that's a lot o.o;
Well, babysteps! x'D

That's it for this week and as always, thank you for your support!
xoxo,
SweetChiel

MissArel

#25 Post by MissArel »

OH MY GOD! I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW YOU DONT EVEN KNOW!

Gosh, okay, Im calm.. I loved Nusantara: Legend Of the Winged Ones! I WILL play this game as well! Im so happy you are making another one :3

Ok.. ok.. Questions. :3

1. Which character caught your attention the most?
ARYA! <3 He looks so majestic :3 I also like cold guys, in your other nusantara game my fav one was Reksa so... yeah.

2. What do you expect to see in Bermuda?
Ooh, idk. It looks like a portal. :P

3. Will you guys be happy if I add a route to romance the antagonist? xD
OMG YES GIRLLL YESSSS :3 I love bad characters, they have a charm that I sont quite understand :P

crystalscm
Regular
Completed: Suiyue
Projects: Scales of Fate
itch: tsukimii

#26 Post by crystalscm »

MissArel wrote:OH MY GOD! I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW YOU DONT EVEN KNOW!

Gosh, okay, Im calm.. I loved Nusantara: Legend Of the Winged Ones! I WILL play this game as well! Im so happy you are making another one :3

ARYA! <3 He looks so majestic :3 I also like cold guys, in your other nusantara game my fav one was Reksa so... yeah.

OMG YES GIRLLL YESSSS :3 I love bad characters, they have a charm that I sont quite understand :P
Hi! One of three proofreaders here~

I'm so happy you love Arya! I made it so obvious chatting with the others that Arya was my favorite. Though, it seems as though most people are Guntur fans; I can definitely see why, haha. High-five though; we're both Arya fans :3. My favorite in the first game was also Reksa~ Hope you enjoy this game as much as I do when it comes out x'D

crystalscm

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#27 Post by SweetChiel »

MissArel wrote:OH MY GOD! I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW YOU DONT EVEN KNOW!

Hi MissArel x'D your enthusiasm and happiness are well-noted <3 it's always great to see readers who come here because they enjoyed Winged Ones :'D
Ok here's my replies ~

1. If you want me to compare Arya and Reksa, hmm... x'D
lol I have to agree that they will have similar characteristics but Arya will be more 'angry' than Reksa if you know what I mean? :')) well, you'll know when the demo comes out so stay tuned!

2. Oh if only you know... x'D the Goddess screwed big this time ~

3. Amen! Glad to hear that, sister! Hahah, I've always attracted to antagonists like... Sephiroth and Kuja. I think they're very good and very polished. They make me really want to learn and try my luck in making good antagonists characters! :'D

Thanks for coming by and see you around ~
Xoxo,
SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 10/31/2016

#28 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi guys! I hope your weekends were better than mine x'D
last week were tiring for me; it rains a lot and raining seasons always bring me to a gloomy mood somehow.
But I managed to finish a few things:

- 6 chibi illustrations (4 for combat stats and 2 for creative stats)

- 1 bonus intermission illustration (Guntur)
No sneak peeks for the bonus illustration sorry :'p don't wanna spoil it ~

Next week, I'll try to finish all the chibis and start writing scripts. The other CGs and bonus illustration might change so I will put it aside for now. If the scripts are going well and chibis are done early, I will proceed with minigame programming.
Sneak peeks for the chibi's full view animations are available in my patreon ;)
Okay, that's it for now and see you next week!
xoxo,
SweetChiel

CatyCats
Regular

#29 Post by CatyCats »

Well Chiel, I'm happy to see you again! After your game Nusantara: Legend of the winged ones, I hope you had a good rest without stress and troubles which I hope you didn't get any.
As ever, you've amazed me with another creative and unique game. BTW, you also have an uniqueness with the Nusantara series :p

4. It will took awhile until I publish a demo since I still have things to experiment with Ren'Py -but feel free to give suggestion/critiques :'3

1. I would say Arya because I want to know what he's hiding :p but the one I want to play first would be Guntur. He seems funny :p
2. I don't know Dx Probably some flying fairies around or traveling inside the bermuda? Or did I mistood the question?
3. Who wouldn't be happy about that? :D The more, the merrier! (But don't do it if you're so exhausted that you need to be hospitalized!) D:
4. Right now, none! :p In the previous game, you've surprised me and entertained me :p

I'm sorry it wasn't much of opinion/help but I really think it would be as amazing and funny as the previous game :p
The art again: I love the map! That caught my eye. And it's nice to see a map so you have the "image" of your world, Chiel. :D
I'm glad you make this commercial or it would be a waste! Uh.. What I mean is: it's commercial-worth! I would buy this game. I once bought a game (visual novel) but god....the romance and story kinda disappointed me. The story and art is great but romance.... There are non-commercial game with less good art but it has amazing, funny and romantic story that I would re-play it over and over again! That's what I mean with commercial-worth :D

Good luck! And do take a break! And that's a must xD

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#30 Post by SweetChiel »

CatyCats wrote:Well Chiel, I'm happy to see you again! After your game Nusantara: Legend of the winged ones, I hope you had a good rest without stress and troubles which I hope you didn't get any.
As ever, you've amazed me with another creative and unique game. BTW, you also have an uniqueness with the Nusantara series :p

4. It will took awhile until I publish a demo since I still have things to experiment with Ren'Py -but feel free to give suggestion/critiques :'3

1. I would say Arya because I want to know what he's hiding :p but the one I want to play first would be Guntur. He seems funny :p
2. I don't know Dx Probably some flying fairies around or traveling inside the bermuda? Or did I mistood the question?
3. Who wouldn't be happy about that? :D The more, the merrier! (But don't do it if you're so exhausted that you need to be hospitalized!) D:
4. Right now, none! :p In the previous game, you've surprised me and entertained me :p

I'm sorry it wasn't much of opinion/help but I really think it would be as amazing and funny as the previous game :p
The art again: I love the map! That caught my eye. And it's nice to see a map so you have the "image" of your world, Chiel. :D
I'm glad you make this commercial or it would be a waste! Uh.. What I mean is: it's commercial-worth! I would buy this game. I once bought a game (visual novel) but god....the romance and story kinda disappointed me. The story and art is great but romance.... There are non-commercial game with less good art but it has amazing, funny and romantic story that I would re-play it over and over again! That's what I mean with commercial-worth :D

Good luck! And do take a break! And that's a must xD
CatyCats! Glad to see you again~ Welcome back! xD
Amen and thank you for your support :'D I'm very happy that you think Nusantara series is unique -I want it to have a 'fresh' image and not-mainstream you see x'D

1. Lol, let's see if you'll still like Arya after you play the demo :')) He's not only creative with his mug you see... *cough* but I see Arya and Guntur are catching the most attention here~
2. No, you're right~ Hmm, so far it's a bull's eye, but I'm trying to find better gameplay/programming with the 'travelling' you see o.o;
3. Amen! x'D I'm really excited for the antagonist's route <3 but yup, I'm going to take a break here and there to let my poor brain recuperate x'D
4. Thank you~ :'3

Yes, I understand what you mean x'D sometimes, I found commercial games' story a bit... rushed? commercial games with great and memorable story which left an impression on me are surprisingly can be counted by my fingers -but of course, it could be just difference in tastes :'3

As always, thank you for your support and warm welcome <3
I'll do my best to live up to your expectation and polish the story into the best I could do! >:'D
xoxo,
SweetChiel