gothicat wrote:Oh my, I can't believe I'm only just now seeing this.
First, let me start by saying that I absolutely adored Nusantara: The Winged Ones. It is by far my absolute favorite indie otome game, in my opinion it's much better than most of the commercial indie otomes games and I'll defend that to the death. So good that I felt a bit bad that it was free. I loved the plot, I loved the art, I loved the side-characters and I did enjoy going through all the routes, even if in the end I was only passionately in awe with one of them (Reksa's route in case you're curious, but I did also love Mitra's route, despite the fact that many didn't enjoy it that much due to the lack of skinship. I liked the plot of Rama's route, but the character wasn't my type).
So I am definitively going to support this project. However I must admit admit that the none of the characters appeal to me so far. I don't know, their descriptions and looks just don't click with me. The story is also less appealing to me, since I really loved the traveling to the past plot of the original Nusantara. The tarot elements also have not clicked with me thus far. But your previous game left me with a huge amount of faith in you, so I will get it regardless. Besides, Reksa looked the least appealing to me initially and he ended up my favourite, so I haven't written any of the characters out.
Now for the questions:
1. As I've said before, none of them appeal to me so far. But if I have to choose I'll say Arya, because I enjoy stories that touch on blindness, and I have not played an otome game with a character that is blind from the start of the story.
2. No idea. Hopefully an interesting environment to explore that is different from a city. Part of what I liked from the original Nusantara's setting is that it was different from the usual stuff.
3. Oh yes, yes, yes, yes! I love antagonist routes, since the villains are usually the most interesting characters, and even if they're not, they're at least different. I usually hate jerk characters in otome games because I don't see how the heck they can be such arseholes and still be a "desirable and good guy" for my heroine, but I give antagonists a pass since, well, they're antagonists. The game doesn't try to convince that a guy like that is normally desirable or that their actions are justified and totally cool, because they're the default bad guys. That is something that I can understand. I am behind this choice 100%, and you can keep them as evil as you want and only give them bad endings, I'll be a happy camper regardless.
4. My main concern right now is how interesting the environment around us is going to be. Nusantara had a fairly rare shtick, games that are set that far back to the past are rare. But games with a urbanized environment, even with some supernatural elements, are a dime a dozen. So making it stand out will be a true test of skill.
Hi gothicat! Glad to see you back in my 2nd project :"3
I'm really happy to read your review first time in the morning x'D thanks for giving Winged Ones a chance and loving it in return; I'll definitely try my best to live up to your expectation!
Also, I think there's a little misunderstanding with the setting x'D
I said that it's not a sequel but set in the same 'world'; that means it's the same world with Winged Ones ^.^- if you look at the world map closely, see the small island in the middle? That is where Winged Ones' story happened x'D
Though I have to admit that Bermuda's chapter 1 will be covering the domestic part of the MC first before the travelling part x')
1. Good choice
as expected, Arya and Guntur were dominating the polls x'D
2. Yup~ don't worry, I've never been a big fan of cities -did you see at how much buildings I have to draw? D': I'd rather have beautiful forest and landscapees ~
3. Lol I laughed so much at this one x'D but I understand what you mean with how antagonist would usually have bad endings. I can't say anything about this without spoiling you -but I think you're going to like it! His route is the most exciting for me -I can't wait to write it! Q_Q
so... just wait for it! I'm sure you won't be disappointed :"3
4. Yup~ already explained above and will probably have to wait until the demo is out first :"3
Thank you so much for your support and for visiting!