[IndieGoGo LIVE] Nusantara:Bermuda Triangle [GxB]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Nusantara: Legend of the Winged Ones
Deviantart: SweetChiel

UPDATE 03/06/2017

#91 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi guys!
I heard Nanoreno 2017 have begun! Good luck to all of you who is working on it now! x'D
I can't join this one since my hands are already full as it is Q_Q but I'll definitely look forward for the new VNs that's going to be released!

Anyways... Last week I had a roller coaster :'D
- Chapter 1 Part 3 programming >>> 25/155 pages finished!
These 25 pages includes daily events and cut scenes. All that's left to program are the major events; such as meeting the bachelors.
- I found a BIG loophole over my new gameplay feature + story-line. This is a big deal and I'm still working over it!
- 5 more ETC silhouette sprites + making more expressions + sprites blink *Boy, they keep coming!

I plan to program all the events first and then check the gameplay myself to check any weirdness or awkwardness that may occur.
This is the first time I'm using a lot of Conditional IF programming, if you know what I mean :'))

Also, my proofreaders are making a slow-progress since all of them either have school-related problems or life problems, so if you noticed some grammar flaw, please bear with me >< or report it to me so I can fix it A.S.A.P.

Not much sneak peek too since I honestly only did programming last week :'))
*sigh* it's fun to see my children became alive but the process is so duuulll >< I hope I can get to the juicy part soon!

xoxo,
SweetChiel

Elyanth

Re: Nusantara:Bermuda Triangle Genre [GxB] [Fantasy] [Advent

#92 Post by Elyanth »

SweetChiel wrote: 1. Um, you don't mean this guy, right? :'))
>>>Image
Arya is wearing a mask, but lol, Maya also mistook it as a sunglasses at first x'D
A lot of people seem to get attracted by either Arya or Guntur. However, I will look forward for your opinion about him later after you play the demo :')
... Wait. WHAT ? This is Arya TOO ? What happened to the lovely blue hair ? :'( (has a crazy hair fetish *cough*) I thought it was a side character ^^". Hey, but that's so cool if they each have different forms of incarnation ! I hope that they will have a badass god form with crazy powers too ! :D (and if they could have wings or fur *drooling* but that's me dreaming here.) Wait... Does that mean that the blond guy on Arya second form's right could be Guntur ? And haha it would be sooo funny if the woman on the left of Arya second form was Kah' lil ! (After all, he does have a feminine face and tastes and there nothing stopping a god so that just could happen).

So, since I finally got over my laziness and finally registered, I might as well answer your questions :)

1. I don't know. I often go for another character that the one I thought I would go for first, because even in VN I still care more for the personality. (like in Nusantara the legend of the winged ones I was so sure I would go for Rama because he was so my type but while pursuing him I ended up spending time with Mitra instead and was completely smitten by him. I'm still writing the review for the legend of the winged ones by the way.) I think Kah lil personality is really interesting, but his face is too delicate for my taste. If he is the woman in red, however, I would soooo go for him. She's gorgeous. And that would be soooo funny.
Then, physically speaking, I would love to go for Guntur. But I don't know if his personality would follow so I don't know which character I would go for first.
And Arya... Well he has the charm of the hacker and he has beautiful blue hair so why not~
but then again his personality seems complicated so I would probably go for him last.
And Maya ? Can I go for Maya ? (Why not ? She could be a narcissist XD) She seems so awesome and she's beautiful !
What I like about all of them, is that they all share a 'dark' or 'bad' side. One is a cute and delicate kleptomanicac, another is a hacker (yeah, I know you said 'programmer' but I'm sure he can't help but hack into some things) and the last one goes to jail WEEKLY.

2. Well first and foremost your awesome humor (that I'm sure will be in. I already laughed so much at the 'mess with his laptop and he will kill you with a mug; yes, a mug which you usually use to drink beverages.')
Then a story with indonesian culture and myths. (that I also already know that it will be in).
Interesting personalities is the most important part, but if I could have fluff I would be soooo happy (Mitra's route was my favourite).

3. Of course ! :)

And I think I already kind of answered the fourth question.

Well, that was it ! Wait, did I say that I found your work pace incredible ? That's what motivated me to support you on Patreon :)

Have a nice day full of ideas !

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#93 Post by SweetChiel »

Elyanth wrote:
>>>Image
Arya is wearing a mask, but lol, Maya also mistook it as a sunglasses at first x'D
A lot of people seem to get attracted by either Arya or Guntur. However, I will look forward for your opinion about him later after you play the demo :')
... Wait. WHAT ? This is Arya TOO ? What happened to the lovely blue hair ? :'( (has a crazy hair fetish *cough*) I thought it was a side character ^^". Hey, but that's so cool if they each have different forms of incarnation ! I hope that they will have a badass god form with crazy powers too ! :D (and if they could have wings or fur *drooling* but that's me dreaming here.) Wait... Does that mean that the blond guy on Arya second form's right could be Guntur ? And haha it would be sooo funny if the woman on the left of Arya second form was Kah' lil ! (After all, he does have a feminine face and tastes and there nothing stopping a god so that just could happen).

So, since I finally got over my laziness and finally registered, I might as well answer your questions :)

1. I don't know. I often go for another character that the one I thought I would go for first, because even in VN I still care more for the personality. (like in Nusantara the legend of the winged ones I was so sure I would go for Rama because he was so my type but while pursuing him I ended up spending time with Mitra instead and was completely smitten by him. I'm still writing the review for the legend of the winged ones by the way.) I think Kah lil personality is really interesting, but his face is too delicate for my taste. If he is the woman in red, however, I would soooo go for him. She's gorgeous. And that would be soooo funny.
Then, physically speaking, I would love to go for Guntur. But I don't know if his personality would follow so I don't know which character I would go for first.
And Arya... Well he has the charm of the hacker and he has beautiful blue hair so why not~
but then again his personality seems complicated so I would probably go for him last.
And Maya ? Can I go for Maya ? (Why not ? She could be a narcissist XD) She seems so awesome and she's beautiful !
What I like about all of them, is that they all share a 'dark' or 'bad' side. One is a cute and delicate kleptomanicac, another is a hacker (yeah, I know you said 'programmer' but I'm sure he can't help but hack into some things) and the last one goes to jail WEEKLY.

2. Well first and foremost your awesome humor (that I'm sure will be in. I already laughed so much at the 'mess with his laptop and he will kill you with a mug; yes, a mug which you usually use to drink beverages.')
Then a story with indonesian culture and myths. (that I also already know that it will be in).
Interesting personalities is the most important part, but if I could have fluff I would be soooo happy (Mitra's route was my favourite).

3. Of course ! :)

And I think I already kind of answered the fourth question.

Well, that was it ! Wait, did I say that I found your work pace incredible ? That's what motivated me to support you on Patreon :)

Have a nice day full of ideas !
Oh nooo, that's not Arya. I'm just kidding since you said three layered suit x'D oh lol I'm sorry for the misunderstanding!

1 &2. Yup! I'm constantly looking and updating the bachelors' character sheet! Diversity of characters and unique personalities are what makes the story interesting, right? ;)
Take your time with your review <3 it could be posted after the demo too if you want to!

I think we're quite compatible since you like my sense of humor lol x'D and YES! I like fluffs too! I'm always looking for good ones; the ones that makes you smile, warm, and you kind of re-read the lines since it's so sweet :"3 it's really addicting to me lol, but muse is a moody person and likes to suddenly stop so... cross your fingers so I can write faster! ><

And aww, thanks for your support! I may not know your nickname in Patreon, but know that I'm grateful to you :"D

My working pace is one of the few ways I know to return your kindness >///< I know how it feels like if I were expecting something and it turned out the person cannot meet the deadline :'(
If things were looking down, I'll still update any progress I've made no matter how small it is! Like from the Princess and the Frog's quote; "every penny counts!" X'D

You too! I hope you have a nice week and stay awesome!

Xoxo & cyber cookies,

SweetChiel

Alia
Regular

#94 Post by Alia »

>>>Image
I certainly do mean him! While you kind of implied it, you didn't completely specify that the answer to "which character caught your attention the most" had to be "which bachelor do you want to romance," so I picked "side-character mystery man in the suit" as the most interesting design. The fact that he's not a main character and so doesn't have a bio is why I'm concerned about suit-man's profession: it looks like Maya is dancing at a "gentlemen's club," so slimy seems a definite possibility. (At least, he's my favorite character until I play and actually get to meet your cast, at which point I'm sure one of the main characters will be my favorite.) Technically, I suppose the answer to "most attention grabbing" would be Maya in that pole-dancer outfit, but I think suit-man is more appealing.

If you want me to pick a bachelor, that's harder.
I like the color blue and highly intelligent guys, but having to worry that a love interest's temper might turn into violence against you is... unappealing. (Sorry, Arya! I promise to play your route eventually anyway.)
I suppose I'll pick Kah'lil, because he, too, sounds smart, and it's interesting how his outfit and bio remind me of an orange cat but he's actually got something else going on. I mean, cat-like hair color, shirt color, slender build, cat ears, how the orange hook on the umbrella handle even looked like a tail at first glance, the whole "grab something and play with it until he's bored" thing... but then I realized the cat ears are part of the hood and instead he's actually got some sort of (horn? crystal?) white thing growing on the side of his forehead. Intriguing.

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#95 Post by SweetChiel »

Alia wrote:
>>>Image
I certainly do mean him! While you kind of implied it, you didn't completely specify that the answer to "which character caught your attention the most" had to be "which bachelor do you want to romance," so I picked "side-character mystery man in the suit" as the most interesting design. The fact that he's not a main character and so doesn't have a bio is why I'm concerned about suit-man's profession: it looks like Maya is dancing at a "gentlemen's club," so slimy seems a definite possibility. (At least, he's my favorite character until I play and actually get to meet your cast, at which point I'm sure one of the main characters will be my favorite.) Technically, I suppose the answer to "most attention grabbing" would be Maya in that pole-dancer outfit, but I think suit-man is more appealing.

If you want me to pick a bachelor, that's harder.
I like the color blue and highly intelligent guys, but having to worry that a love interest's temper might turn into violence against you is... unappealing. (Sorry, Arya! I promise to play your route eventually anyway.)
I suppose I'll pick Kah'lil, because he, too, sounds smart, and it's interesting how his outfit and bio remind me of an orange cat but he's actually got something else going on. I mean, cat-like hair color, shirt color, slender build, cat ears, how the orange hook on the umbrella handle even looked like a tail at first glance, the whole "grab something and play with it until he's bored" thing... but then I realized the cat ears are part of the hood and instead he's actually got some sort of (horn? crystal?) white thing growing on the side of his forehead. Intriguing.
Oh lol you caught me, Alia x'D
The question didnt really mean you have to choose one of the bachelors, but I just want to clear it before a misunderstanding occurs >< as about suit-man's profession... it is definitely a job in the club. Can you guess what it is? :'p

I think this is a minor spoiler, but I'll tell you as a gift ~
Bouncer
You have an interesting thought with Kahlil there :"3 hmm... should I say... close but... not really? X'D
You also have a good consideration of Arya's character!
I honestly have nothing I can say without spoiling them ><

I think you'll be surprised when you play the demo! Both in a good and bad way :'D

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 04/20/2017

#96 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi guys, today, I have both sad and good news :'(

The sad news is that one of our proofreaders decided to drop out. Although hers was the most detailed, hers was also the slowest from the other two. She's still in school and quite busy with the assignments you see >< That's why I decided to release her since her education is more important.

But the good news is that the other proofreaders finally caught up and finished proofreading Chapter 2 part 1 :'D that's a load off my shoulder!

The programming went quite smooth last week:
- Chapter 1 part 3 progress is 118/155 pages.
Other than that, there are also the usual additional expressions, backgrounds, and effects.

This week, I'll focus on resolving the bugs and hopefully the gameplay and story's loophole will be resolved too!

Unfortunately, no sneak peeks for now x'D

That's it for today and see you again next week! :')
xoxo,
SweetChiel

tamacitas
Regular

#97 Post by tamacitas »

HOW CAN I KNOW THIS JUST NOW-

I can't afford commercial games but I really want to support by playing your demo!

To answer your questions:

1. Which character caught your attention the most?
Hmm... When I see the sprites list, I was surprised that there was the same Goddess in Nusantara so she caught my attention first (?)
I dunno why, but this time I'm interested with Arya! How can he program while he's blind? Something about him just ticks me off.

2. What do you expect to see in Bermuda?
The same thing I found in Nusantara: The Legend of Winged Ones: everything!

3. Will you guys be happy if I add a route to romance the antagonist? xD
It depends. As long as the antagonist is realistic, I'd say YES.

4 It will took awhile until I publish a demo since I still have things to experiment with Ren'Py -but feel free to give suggestion/critiques :'3
To be honest, seeing your update entries make me more encouraged to do my visual novel! For first I was confused why you brought Bermuda Triangle concept in Indonesia, because they are in entirely different locations. I wonder if other cities are featured in the game more than Jakarta (for example like some scenes in each character's hometown okay i'm being too sadistic).

Nonetheless, I'm super excited for this game!

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#98 Post by SweetChiel »

kyakyakyu wrote:HOW CAN I KNOW THIS JUST NOW-

I can't afford commercial games but I really want to support by playing your demo!

To answer your questions:

1. Which character caught your attention the most?
Hmm... When I see the sprites list, I was surprised that there was the same Goddess in Nusantara so she caught my attention first (?)
I dunno why, but this time I'm interested with Arya! How can he program while he's blind? Something about him just ticks me off.

2. What do you expect to see in Bermuda?
The same thing I found in Nusantara: The Legend of Winged Ones: everything!

3. Will you guys be happy if I add a route to romance the antagonist? xD
It depends. As long as the antagonist is realistic, I'd say YES.

4 It will took awhile until I publish a demo since I still have things to experiment with Ren'Py -but feel free to give suggestion/critiques :'3
To be honest, seeing your update entries make me more encouraged to do my visual novel! For first I was confused why you brought Bermuda Triangle concept in Indonesia, because they are in entirely different locations. I wonder if other cities are featured in the game more than Jakarta (for example like some scenes in each character's hometown okay i'm being too sadistic).

Nonetheless, I'm super excited for this game!

Hi kyakyakyu!
Thanks for visiting and I'm sorry that you can't afford it :'( I'm happy to know you're still willing to review the demo later tho!
Also, you can help later when my IndieGoGo starts by sharing it to others :'3

1. Arya will probably intrigue you since he will be the most... Hmm, intricate and snobbish character I ever wrote :'))
- And yup! the setting is the same, but with wider horizon and a brand new story line x')
*Psst, did you notice the island in the middle?*

2. Me too! I hope the story will be equally epic -if not better! I need to improve after all x'D

3. Yup, I'll do my best to write it! If this came true, his route will be the most challenging to write ><

4. Aww thank you! I'm really flattered and happy to hear that I managed to inspire/motivate you to make your own visual novel >///< Just believe in yourself! All of us can do it with enough time and effort; where there is a will, there is a way! >:D
This also teach us to be consistent and patient -which is what I really need x'D

Lastly, thanks again for your continued support :'D I'm pretty sad that you can't afford it, since I look forward to the reviews... I'll try to make more free-to-play VNs later when I managed to earn my own income!

Hope to see you again in the future!

xoxo,
SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 04/27/2017

#99 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi guys!
Last week was a good week and the progress was smoother than I thought x'D

- Chapter 1 part 3 is FINISHED 155/155 pages <3 This chapter is the longest and I'm really happy to finish it T^T
- A new pose for Guntur + 2 minor gestures! This came as a surprise since I thought it will take 3 days to make it, but I finished it in 1 day! Teaser above heheh, my patrons will get the full sneak peek though :p it's a sample of what's to come~
- Programming problem with the gameplay and story-line is also SOLVED! Gosh, I was so worried about this but thanks with some help and endurance, it somehow solved x'D

I made a few adjustments and changed the script a bit for this though.
So far so good... but the programming is starting to get dull >< aaah, I shall prevaiilll!

Wish me luck guys TuT
xoxo,
SweetChiel

Amberbaum
Regular

#100 Post by Amberbaum »

*pokes head in, looks at progress update* YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!! *Broforce Narrator cheering for SweetChiel*

Aw yiss, nothing more sexier then a nice looking man cleavage.

CatyCats
Regular

#101 Post by CatyCats »

This is bad...my heart pounded when I looked at this drawing...sexy *drools*
My heart never did that, but that one sure gave me some heart-pounding and it's mysterious too right now. Just imagine looking up at the guy's face in a slow motion....XD

Great work Sweetiechiel!

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#102 Post by SweetChiel »

Amberbaum wrote:*pokes head in, looks at progress update* YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!! *Broforce Narrator cheering for SweetChiel*

Aw yiss, nothing more sexier then a nice looking man cleavage.
CatyCats wrote:This is bad...my heart pounded when I looked at this drawing...sexy *drools*
My heart never did that, but that one sure gave me some heart-pounding and it's mysterious too right now. Just imagine looking up at the guy's face in a slow motion....XD

Great work Sweetiechiel!
You guys really made my day lol x'D

@Amberbaum rather than his *cough*cleavage*cough*, wait until you see his full package x'D I'm going all naughty with him but too embarassed to go in detail about it here :")))

@CatyCats! IKR!? I was going to wait until the kickstarter start before making additional poses for the bachelors -but then I went; 'oh well, f*ck it. This sexyness HAS to be shown NOW at the demo'

Thanks for visiting, Amberbaum! CatyCats!

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#103 Post by SweetChiel »

UPDATE 04/03/2017
Hi guys!
Last week was... a good experience with a successful experiment ufufufu~ x'D

1. MC and the bachelors are finally arrived at the Goddess' island at Chapter 2 part 1! 26/134 pages programmed!
2. Applied a minor animation to kah'lil's 2nd sprite. This is gonna be a fun surprise to you all :'3
Ah, btw, Kah'lil's name will be changed into Kahlil in the game. Ren'py's JEdit denied Kah'lil so it became Kahlil instead ><
3. Made another Worldmap which will change with time. For example, in chapter 2 you will be at the island's southwest beach. In chapter 3, you will go north and the worldmap will move with you.

Here's a screenshot of the worldmap. Some events will be unlocked if you managed to satisfy certain requirements. If there's a character event, the button will change into the character's silhouette so I think it's better for you to save here x'D

Today, I also decided to scrap the Bonus CGs :'D Guntur's bonus CG will be available to my Tier 3 patrons since it has some spoiler to his first meeting scene.

Okay, that's it for today, folks :'3
xoxo,
SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 4/10/2017

#104 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi guys! Last week was very smooth and finished a bunch of bugs involving the status raising.
This is the first time I customize such programming and I will probably face some more bugs in the future, but I say BRING IT ON! x'D

Other than that, I finished:
- Programming chapter 2 part 1 progress 64/134
- Additional Chibi expressions
- Additional minor expressions for the bachelors

Chapter 2 part 1 is surprisingly harder to program since it involves a lot of animating the bachelor sprites and introduction to new elements but so far, I'm quite satisfied with the progress!

However, this week, I'm going to focus on another job; concept character design for an important character + other odd jobs so... next week it will be pretty sluggish ><
For those who is curious; the character design is from my Tier 5 Patreon for Bermuda Triangle and I'm currently polishing it with Tabetha who is very patient with me x'D

That's it for now and I hope you guys have a nice week! :'3

xoxo,
SweetChiel

P.S. As an bonus today, I added a sneak peek for the status raising screen for free + an original BGM music by Roland Melvin Zabarjad for my patrons today!

chiharuchi
Regular

#105 Post by chiharuchi »

I'm sure everyone is quietly stalking so I wanna say keep up the good work and thank you for making wonderful games. xD Waiting patiently (Impatiently) with my heart doki doki. * o *