[IndieGoGo LIVE] Nusantara:Bermuda Triangle [GxB]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
chiharuchi
Regular

Re: [IndieGoGo LIVE] Nusantara:Bermuda Triangle [GxB]

#331 Post by chiharuchi »

Aaahh.. Chiel.. Sweet chiel.. I am waiting patiently for your game as always. Lately I've been very critical towards other otome games and I'm dying for your game to come out! ; o ; Keep it up girl. I'm rooting for ya. I can actually see you becoming a successful game maker thing. I loved your previous game Nusantara. I'm sure I'll love this one too! Aaahh can't wait girl!

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Nusantara: Legend of the Winged Ones
Deviantart: SweetChiel

#332 Post by SweetChiel »

chiharuchi wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:04 am Aaahh.. Chiel.. Sweet chiel.. I am waiting patiently for your game as always. Lately I've been very critical towards other otome games and I'm dying for your game to come out! ; o ; Keep it up girl. I'm rooting for ya. I can actually see you becoming a successful game maker thing. I loved your previous game Nusantara. I'm sure I'll love this one too! Aaahh can't wait girl!
D'aww thank you so much for the continuous support, chiharuchi! QuQ *hugg
I wish I can complete Bermuda faster but you know me, always slowly but surely ><; At the very least, Bermuda's story is three times longer than Winged Ones' so you can expect long hours of reading later ^.^-

Amen for becoming a successful game maker! I'm living my dream and hoping I can continue making games until I'm old!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 11/18/2019!

#333 Post by SweetChiel »

Good morning, guys!
How did your week go? ^.^

Pokemon Sword & Shield have just released and I'm very hyped--I got a Shiny Vulpix at the fire gym! What are the chances? >///< It's the luckiest thing that ever happened to me! (I was so happy, I posted the screenshot on my facebook and twitter)

But of course, before playing, I made sure I fulfilled Bermuda's quota of the week! ^.^)/

23 pages programmed!
We're entering an important big branching event, where Maya got sick and each bachelor will have their own CG + their first POV scene! Personally, I really like this event ^///^ I still need to find references for their CGs though ><

I also polished the scenes as usual, made 3 new objects for simple animation on screen, and on the side, I looked for new sfxs.

Let's continue to work hard this week!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

Fun Facts:

1. Arya is not a huge fan of amusement park. 'Too many people in one place and too fucking noisy,' he once said.

2. Kahlil once have a hamster pet named Fatty. It died due to obese and since then, he doesn't have the heart to rear another pet.

3. All the bachelors, including Maya, are not afraid of cockroach... until it takes flight.

-----------------------~(OuO)~-----------------------

Support me on:
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/SweetChiel
or buy me a Ko-Fi: https://ko-fi.com/sweetchiel

chiharuchi
Regular

#334 Post by chiharuchi »

Yessss longer story! And I sure hope you do continue making games. Don't give up on your dreams. You don't know how precious it is to have a dream because I don't and I'm constantly lost and I keep wishing to have a dream. xD Oh well for now my dream is to play your games.

Moon20
Regular

#335 Post by Moon20 »

I'm so excited for Nusantara Berumda Triangle and I'm looking forward to play it.
Must I play first game before play this?
I love storyline and plot.
I have not tried your first game, I'm going to do that, later.
I love character and main character.
Yes don't give up your dream and I hope you continue making games, since I have a dream so would not come true.
Take your time making Nusantara Bermuda Triangle and rest when it's possible.

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#336 Post by SweetChiel »

chiharuchi wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:25 am Yessss longer story! And I sure hope you do continue making games. Don't give up on your dreams. You don't know how precious it is to have a dream because I don't and I'm constantly lost and I keep wishing to have a dream. xD Oh well for now my dream is to play your games.
Aww, thank you so much, chiharuchi! QuQ
I feel humbled when I read your comment. There are times where I feel lost as well, especially when I was in college. I've never expected to delve into the world of Visual Novels, but then I made Winged Ones' demo for my Final Project and it started from there.

What I can say for you is to keep the child in your heart alive >< Don't give up! I'm sure you'll eventually find your way ^.^ *hugg
Moon20 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:05 am I'm so excited for Nusantara Berumda Triangle and I'm looking forward to play it.
Must I play first game before play this?
I love storyline and plot.
I have not tried your first game, I'm going to do that, later.
I love character and main character.
Yes don't give up your dream and I hope you continue making games, since I have a dream so would not come true.
Take your time making Nusantara Bermuda Triangle and rest when it's possible.
Hi, Moon20!
You don't have to play Winged Ones before playing Bermuda, but there are cameos (characters from Winged Ones appearing) ^.^
You can play Winged Ones first to get to know the characters better or not, but either way, you'll still able to enjoy it!

Thank you so much for your understanding and support! >///<
We dream as high as the sky, while it's sometimes unattainable, its brilliance should never fade, yes? QuQ I hope you keep your dream close to your heart, who knows? maybe there will be a time where you can try make it come true *hugg

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 11/25/2019!

#337 Post by SweetChiel »

Morning guys!
How was your week? ^.^ I'm still enjoying Pokemon Shield and currently, I'm shiny hunting Eevee~

I didn't forget to work hard on Bermuda though!
- I made 3 CG line arts for Arya, Guntur, and Kahlil, complete with their expression variations! With this, all the CGs for chapter 3 should be all finished. I'll color them as soon as I'm done programming chapter 3 ;)

- I programmed in 31 pages! They still need to be fine-tuned with the CGs, but no big problems here!

Currently, Guntur have the most expression variations in his CGs compared with other bachelors, but I'll do my best to balance them >< the branching events starts at chapter 4 so there will be more CGs to be made~

Here's a full preview of Arya's branching event CG, where Maya got sick:

For my patrons on Patreon, I'll give them a full preview of Guntur's half colored CG ^.^ I'll also include a few lines describing the event~

Gotta say it was a good week, it's been a while since I managed to do so many things >///<
Let's continue to work hard together!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

Fun Facts:

1. Guntur is very good with his hands. Due to his hard past, he is forced to learn how to sew and cook early in his years, but then he found out he actually enjoys them. Especially cooking.

2. Kahlil is the type of person that remembers and treasures the people that is good to him. He has a great memory, but sometimes, he forgot what he had for breakfast and he usually knows a book by its content, not its title.

3. Consecutively, Arya's favourite tv show is Inside the Criminal Mind, Kahlil's is Mr. Bean, and Guntur's is MasterChef. When Arya finds out about G*rdon R*msay, he praised him for having a good taste.

Support me on:

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 12/2/2019!

#338 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi guys! How did your week go?
Mine was spent on programming lol

34 pages programmed in! Only 1 big event left and we're done with Chapter 3's programming! After that, I'll color the CGs and install them~

The big event is a scene where you'll get to ask questions and get to know your favourite character better ^.^ gotta say Chapter 3 part 2 is much more relaxing compared to part 1 lol, but as usual, after the calm, expect some action, then calm again--you know the drill x'D 

I also made 1 new silhouette + its sound effect, which might become a jump scare for some people... but others might find it funny lol. 

Overall, there's still some way until we finish Chapter 3, but I can't wait to get into Chapter 4 and enter the autumn forest! >< it's my favourite season and the village is where the cameo from WInged Ones happens lol.

Let's continue to work hard!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

Fun Facts:

1. Arya never had a pet and is not interested to have one.

2. Guntur also never had a pet. It's mainly because it's not convenient for him to commit and have one, but if he can, he'd love to have a dog or a cute kitty.

3. Due to his eccentric tendecies, Kahlil never had a girlfriend despite his good looks. So yup, he's still innocent and pure. Expect lots of fluff in his route (literally and figuratively).

P.S.
Christmas is coming! Have you decorated your tree? x'D

Support me on: 

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 12/9/2019!

#339 Post by SweetChiel »

Morning guys!
What's up? Christmas and New Years are coming so I guess we're all busy/resting right now? x'D

But of course, I'm still doing my best with programming~

36 pages programmed in!
 Unexpectedly, there are lots of polishing going here, especially with the bonding scene where they shared a heart to heart talk :'3

I think I'll be able to finish the programming this week--I want to finish chapter 3 before we celebrate Christmas and New Years >< I'm sure we all have something to do at this time of the month, right? ^.^ I'm also going to look for a new dress/new clothes for Chinese New Year (Red envelopes time!)

Time flew and as the end of the year is coming, I've always remembered all of you, who had supported me from the start of Winged Ones until Bermuda today... *bows* m(_ _)m Thank you for being so patient with me and thank you for your ever warm support! I wouldn't be here without you guys and my only regret is that my progress isn't as fast as other developers...

But! I'm pretty confident that I'll be able to serve you an unique visual novel! Especially for those who loves fantasy genre ^.^ so please don't give up on me, just like I won't give up on Bermuda!

...*cough*

In any case, I hope you guys have a wonderful holiday with your family and friends!
Is there a new goal you'd like to reach next year? For me, of course to complete Bermuda :'))

That's it for now and see you guys next week!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

Fun Facts:

1.  This is not explained/talked about within the game, but Kahlil is bisexual ^.^ There are traces/hints of that, so your imagination/guesses during some scenes might not be wrong.

2. Guntur is the type of person who acts first without thinking. Because of this, the consequences he had to bear is usually heavy and that's where Kahlil comes in. His help tremendously lifted a lot of load off of Guntur's shoulders and Kahlil likes Guntur's straightforward/unpretentious act. That's why they became partners.

3. Consecutively, Arya's favorite holiday is Chinese New Years (red envelopes!), Kahlil's is Halloween (sweets!), and Guntur's is National Food Days (free food + food coupons!).

Support me on: 

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 12/16/2019!

#340 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi, guys! Are you ready? 
Christmas and New Years are coming~! 

I'm ready though--for the BBQ and fireworks x'D My big family have a tradition to have them at the 31st while waiting for midnight! It's one of few times I look forward to since we don't get to get together so often ><

Now then, before I tell you what I did last week, I have to tell you one thing:
- During holiday season, Bermuda's updates will be up weekly as usual, but occassionally, there will be times where I won't be able to do as much programming as I do now. For example; the family gathering at 31st and Chinese New Years where I go around the city to get red envelopes. 

My mother and I are also going to pick new clothes for New Years. Since it's only the two of us, the shopping usually lasts for a day or two ^.^

Now then, onto the progress!

Behold! Chapter 3's programming is officially finished! 
All that's left are coloring the CGs! In total, there are 7 CGs; 2 group CGs where all bachelors are present, 3 CGs for a branching event (same event but with different bachelor), 1 CG of the mysterious 4th bachelor, and 1 exclusive CG of Guntur's!

That's a long list of CGs I have to color, eh? o.o the branching CGs also have 2-3 expression variety so there's quite a lot for me to work on. Fortunately, I already got used to it lol. Here's a sneak peek for you!

For me, painting their basic colors took a longer time compared to painting the shading/hightlight/other small details. Of course, the group CGs took the longest time to paint--but somehow, I managed to finish all 7 CGs basic coloring last week! Three cheers for that!

Oh, and have I told you that exclusive CGs can only be found when you faithfully pursue your chosen bachelor?

For example; if you like Guntur, I suggest you look/follow/collect all his events. Some events might be connected to each other and if you miss one, you might miss an exclusive CG.

The picture above is an example of a locked event button. They're see-through and cannot be pressed unless you've met the requirements. 

So... yup, what I'm saying is you have to stay loyal to your chosen bachelor x'D 

Phew, okay, that's all for now and see you guys next week!
23rd would be just before Christmas ^///^ it's really convenient~

xoxo,

SweetChiel

Fun Facts:

1. Arya tends to forget time when he's programming. If someone doesn't remind him, he might be working with his laptop until dawn and he won't even notice it. 

2. Guntur didn't know how to drive.

3. Kahlil knows how to drive but Guntur would rather walk than him driving because it feels like having a five year old kid holding the steer and it's terrifying.

(Actually, Kahlil is a good driver. He just teased Guntur once because he looks so nervous but he would never expect his one time mischief would result in traumatizing Guntur ^^;)

Support me on: 

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 12/23/2019!

#341 Post by SweetChiel »

Happy early Christmas and Happy early New Years, guys! ^///^
How did your week go? I'm sure you've been busy with all the preparation and shopping?
Personally, I can't wait for the new years' family gathering + BBQ + karaoke!

Also, I have a great news for you today!

I've finished coloring all 7 CGs, so Chapter 3 is officially finished! 
It was a rough week--I had a difficult time with Guntur's exclusive CG involving his tattoo. Remember Reksa's tattoo from Winged Ones? Guntur's tattoo is completely different from Reksa's. It's colored on his skin and while I had a hard time with the shading and adjusting it to his skin color, I somehow prevailed! -^.^)/

Overall, I'm really happy with the final-ish result of this 7 CGs >///<

I think I improved? I haven't applied them into the programming since I was out of time, but I reckon they look better--especially one of the few group CGs! I kinda feel bad for Maya's family CGs ^^; They look very different quality wise. Maybe I should remake them? Or maybe not so you guys can enjoy the improvement of the CGs as you progress through the story?

In any case, here's a sneak peek for the group CG!

I'll post the full preview next week to celebrate early christmas and new years!

It gets better!
For my patrons on Patreon, I'll post it today as a bonus AND I'll post Guntur's exclusive CG preview for them next week to celebrate new years! *happy dance*

That's it for now and see you guys next week!
I'll look forward to hear your opinions about the CGs! ^.^-
xoxo,

SweetChiel

Fun Facts:

1. Guntur once tackled someone into a coma. It's one of the reasons why the authorities labeled him as 'dangerous' ^^;

2. You might have guessed this, but all of the characters in Bermuda prefers comfy clothes rather than stylish clothes... Ah, maybe except for Bayu since it's a requirement for him to wear a suit.

3. Arya loves Christmas and New Years because of the gift and the red envelopes he would get from his father--but he hates the loud sounds of fireworks to death.

Bonus fact! Kahlil was the first one to buy a christmas gift for Guntur. Since then, it became a tradition for them to trade gifts.

Support me on: 

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 12/30/2019!

#342 Post by SweetChiel »

Happy early New Years, guys! *blows a trumpet

How did your week go? I especially worked hard to cover next week, where I'll have less time to work >< I'm going to my cousin's house for new years' gathering tomorrow, remember? BBQ and karaoke is waiting for me~

Without further ado: I programmed in 31 pages and created 1 side background + 1 side CG last week~

Chapter 4 part 1 sure is a lot, huh? 643 pages in total x'D
In autumn, you'll officially enter the bachelor of your choice's route. Do you know what that means? New CGs, lots of branching events, and even new chibis! *happy dance

I have lots to do for this chapter but I'm sure it'll be fun ^.^

I also hope for you guys to have a blast today/tomorrow! Let's celebrate a new year with good food and spending time with family/friends!

Oh and before I forget... here's the promised sneak peek!

Did I improve? I hope so!

There's also Guntur's exclusive CG preview for my patrons on Patreon ^///^

I hope you like the sneak peeks, guys! Once again, Happy early New Years!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

Fun Facts:

1. Guntur doesn't like haircuts, but does it anyway because he can't stand long hair.

2. Arya has a big OCD issue. If you touch his things and doesn't put it back where it belongs, he will throw a fit ><

3. Kahlil is allergic to broccoli. He absolutely didn't make this up to avoid broccoli. Really.

Support me on:

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 1/6/2020!

#343 Post by SweetChiel »

Morning, guys!
What's up? I hope you guys had a great week! ^.^

Mine wasn't so good because I got another toothache and I didn't even eat much sweets OTL
I'll be going to the dentist tomorrow Q-Q

Oh and, did you know? Jakarta got a really bad flood this year. In my opinion, it's not a surprise since lots of people are still not aware about the importance of throwing your garbage in a garbage bin and not into the road/river :S

The good news is that my house's area doesn't flood! And to distract myself from the tootache pain, I did quite a lot of programming and polishing:

38 pages! We're on the way to the Autumn Village and man, I'm already loving the falling leaves special effect ^///^

I hope you'll love it as much as I do--but oh, what do we have here? What are they doing until they're both drenched from head to toe? *wiggles eyebrows*

*cough*

In any case, there's quite a lot of events going on before and after they reach Autumn Village.
You'll find a lot of branchings, new characters, new chibi animations, and yummy food pictures once you got there >< which means a lot of things for me to draw! *both excited and scared lol*

But overall, I think it'll be fun ^.^-
Look forward to it!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

Fun Facts:

1. Speaking of toothache, Kahlil didn't get cavity very often despite loving to eat sweets >< I'm so jealous!

2. Speaking of food, Arya hates eating fish the most. Especially the ones with many bones, but he knows not to be picky if there's not much options to eat/pick.

3. Guntur have big, rough hands with callouses and small scars. Most of these scars came from a kitchen knife x'D he really loves cooking.

Support me on:

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 1/13/2020!

#344 Post by SweetChiel »

Morning, guys!
How did your week go?

I hope it's better than mine >< 
My toothache is almost healed, but I still have one more appointment at the 15th. Hopefully, it'll be resolved soon. 

I still don't have much appetite though :S
I'm not sure what's the english word for this, but I have a small 'mouth ulcer' at the tip of my tongue. It's painful whenever I move my tongue so even if I have good food, I can't enjoy them to the fullest because of this Q_Q

However, I think I did a good job last week!
- 1 New silhouette character programmed in!
- 1 New chibi animation programmed in!
- a small revision for Maya's full sprite, which appears on a scene.
- 31 pages programmed in! We're almost arrived at the Autumn Village!

Here's hoping things will go smoothly at the Autumn Village! 
xoxo,

SweetChiel

Fun Facts:

1. Kahlil is tone-deaf, but if you bring him to karaoke, he's a fun guy to hang out with ^.^

2. Guntur tends to eat really fast. Even more so if he likes the food, because the faster he eats, the more he can have seconds.

3. Because Arya is blind, his sense of taste is sharper than most people, so if he eats slowly, that means he likes the food and is savoring the taste.

Support me on: 

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 1/20/2020!

#345 Post by SweetChiel »

Hey, guys!
How did your week go? Mine was a challenge >_<

Maya and the group have finally arrived at the Autumn Village, but there's so much for me to do! Overall, I think I did a good job:

- Programmed in 20 NPC silhouettes (10 are new, 3 are recycled from old ones, 7 are from Winged Ones so if you played it before, be prepared for some nostalgia ;D)
- Made an afternoon and night version of Autumn Village's main background
- Revised worldmap's afternoon version
- 16 pages programmed in!

Here's a little sneak peek ^.^

There's a lot of simple animations going on at the first scenes of Autumn Village. While it's fun to make our characters come to life, it's one heck of a programming headache since there are so many characters jumping and moving around x_x

For my loyal patrons on patreon, I'll post a full preview of this background's day, afternoon, and night versions! So stay tuned! ^.^

Here's hoping for another productive week!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

Fun Facts:

1. Arya's wolf form is heavily referenced from my husky, Kiara. Albeit less fluffy x'D

2. There's a reason why Guntur's spirit animal is a weasel. For example, a weasel is able to eat their own body weight each day. You'll find out more of his animal characteristics later in the story~

3. Kahlil is not the only Fox Demon on the Forgotten Isles ;) *hint*hint

Support me on: