[IndieGoGo LIVE] Nusantara:Bermuda Triangle [GxB]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
chiharuchi
Regular

Re: [IndieGoGo LIVE] Nusantara:Bermuda Triangle [GxB]

#361 Post by chiharuchi »

Man.. Working hard as always, Chiel. I'm just here to give you some more love so.. Here ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Hehehe. Love you, girl. Thnks for working on the game and your efforts and pain and sweat and tears. I'm really looking forward to your game! Here's some more love ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Nusantara: Legend of the Winged Ones
Deviantart: SweetChiel

Re: [IndieGoGo LIVE] Nusantara:Bermuda Triangle [GxB]

#362 Post by SweetChiel »

chiharuchi wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:03 pm Man.. Working hard as always, Chiel. I'm just here to give you some more love so.. Here ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Hehehe. Love you, girl. Thnks for working on the game and your efforts and pain and sweat and tears. I'm really looking forward to your game! Here's some more love ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Thank you, chiharuchi! ♥
With you guys having my back, I'll definitely work hard! >:D
Thanks for dropping by and for encouraging me ^.^~ *hugs

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 4/20/2020!

#363 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi, guys! How are you doing over there?
I hope all of you are in good health!
The weather is still as hot as ever--don't forget to hydrate yourself and wash your hands often~

Last week, 30 pages are programmed in and now, we're entering the next big event where a cameo of Winged Ones' characters will take place!

It'll be a fun event -^.^- there are some adjustments that I'll need to do, like adjusting the characters' height--oh, and... the timeline would be AFTER Tamara's great adventure. For those who played Winged Ones and took a liking to a certain bachelor, don't be too disappointed if you found out Tamara is not married to your fave boy :'3

It won't be long now until we're entering the Winter arc. In total, there should be... 1 more big event, 1 medium event, and 2 small events left? Ah, but before we enter a new arc, I'm going to make CGs for Autumn Arc first. A much needed change of pace >< of course, you'll get sneak peeks!

Besides the things above, I'm still polishing the script as usual, looking for new sfxs, and polishing the backgrounds~

Autumn is my fave season so I think I kinda overdid it ^^; the amount of autumn backgrounds and variations are more than other season's...

Welp, when you play the game, I hope you'll enjoy them as much as I do!

That's it for now and see you again next week!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

Fun Fact:

- Boys, at some point of their lives, most will take a liking to cool things like gun toys and robots. Guntur and Arya are not an exception. This is one of the rare cases where they agree on something. They especially like the ones that can transform or take apart to combine with other pieces.

- Not all boys like robots though. Instead of robots, Kahlil prefer soft, cute things. For example; a teddy bear plush, which he can hug and accompany to sleep.

-----------------------~(OuO)~-----------------------

Support me on:
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/SweetChiel
or buy me a Ko-Fi: https://ko-fi.com/sweetchiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 4/27/2020!

#364 Post by SweetChiel »

Morning, guys! How did your week go?
Mine didn't quite... go as planned... QAQ

Last week, I was hoping to finish the cameo scene in one go, but...

16 pages in and just when it was time for me to program in Rama, Mitra, and Reksa, the heat got into my head and I just... stopped.

I mean, the weather is getting ridiculously hot here and it's not even the dry season! Q_Q

I also just remembered that Winged Ones' sprites didn't blink their eyes, so I thought; 'should I animate their eyes as well? But it might be good not to so the audience can differentiate the main characters from the cameo characters...' and so on. I might be overthinking again x_x;

BUT!

The heat didn't beat me just like that, ladies and gentlemen!

Because I didn't have the mood to program, I decided to have a change of pace and make sketches of Chapter 4 part 1's CGs! And I finished all of them; 6 sketches are finished, which is a new personal record! 3 for Guntur and 3 for Kahlil >:D

Here's a sneak peek from a keyhole for you:

I'm very satisfied with most of them :'3
I mean, these sketches might change in the future and I haven't color them or anything, but this counts as a big progress, right?

However, 1 of Guntur's CGs might not make it. The pose turned out strange and... even slightly NSFW--which I didn't plan to do at all! OTL

Well... on a positive note, I'll post a full preview of the sneak peek above for my $5 tier patrons today ^.^- and to welcome a couple of new $10 tier patrons... I'll post a gif, containing the process of that particular CG sketch that might didn't make it and explain why... *I'm so embarassed about this one--forgive me and my perverted mind!*

Oh! And if you guys wonder why there's no CG for Arya in Chapter 4 part 1, don't worry! He'll shine in Chapter 4 part 2 and get 3 CGs!

Well then... that's it for today? I hope you guys are not angry with me because of the slow programming :'D here's where I left:

The cameo scene have just started, and--oh! Now you know the name of the Autumn Village's Chief ^.^)/ And if you noticed, this screenshot has a 'flower shower', different from the 'falling autumn leaves' effect I've shown you once. Later, you'll get to see many more effects in the game!

Thank you for reading and see you guys next week!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

Fun Fact:

- Guntur likes Spring the most because there are plenty of food to go around!

- Like Maya, Kahlil likes Autumn the most because there are sweet potatoes and beautiful sceneries to enjoy it with!

- Arya didn't like any of the four seasons. He'd rather have only a rainy season and a dry season.

Support me on:

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 5/4/2020!

#365 Post by SweetChiel »

Morning, guys!
How did your week go? Mine was so-so ><
The weather is still hot but it's getting better! Finally raining and all, but now I have a small cough and flu circulating between my mother and I lol.

Now, without further ado, here's what I did last week:

- 24 pages programmed in! Polishing as usual, slipped 2 small scenes here and there, but they're spontaneously made so take it with a grain of salt~ it's officially a routine for me to go back and forth, polishing the script ^^; sometimes, something just clicks into place in your head, and you just realize something you were overlooking.

- Turns out that Winged Ones' bachelor sprites ratio is bigger than Bermuda's, so I needed to edit their legs and heights, but they're good to go now! ^.^

Familiar face and familiar lines, anyone? x'D

- Remember the background sneak peek I showed you? The one with lots of food on top of a table? This one:

I made afternoon & night versions of it! The night version was hard. I'm not sure the lighting is accurate... but I did my best! I'll post them on my Patreon today so patrons, leave me a comment if you think I can do better >_<;

We're less than 100 pages away from finishing Chapter 4 part1's programming! >:'D
Let's keep working hard together!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

P.S. I've just realized that last week's itch.io post have 30 likes! QAQ I'm so happy that lots of people are reading my updates!

Fun Fact:

- Programmers work 30-60 hours a week, averaging around 40 hours. For Arya, he spent more than half a day working, resting only to eat or go to the toilet... sometimes, he even dream about programming in his sleep ^^;

- For Kahlil, his work result often related to his mood. If he's in a good mood, he can work 10 hours straight. But if he's in a bad mood? Don't expect any work done OTL

- For Guntur, before he became a fugitive, he's the type of worker that likes to reward himself. For example; after working hours, he'll give himself a small reward like eating good food, taking a hot shower, re-watching his favourite movie, etc~

Support me on: 

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 5/11/2020!

#366 Post by SweetChiel »

Hey, guys! What's up?
Did you know that Inuyasha is getting a spin-off/sequel? >///<

Inuyasha is the first anime I watched that got me into fantasy genre so I'm very excited for this! Oh, and... I've just found out that Inuyasha have a CD Drama... and Sesshoumaru's proposal is in it!!! *As a hardcore Inuyasha fan, I'm ashamed to say I've just found out about this last week--but I'm so happy now that I could die without regrets! I've never heard Sesshoumaru talk so much QuQ*

*cough*

Okay, enough with the fangirling >_<;
I did quite a lot last week!

- Fixed a strange bug where the capital letter 'K' suddenly disappeared in one of my scripts. This was really annoying to fix. Kahlil's sprites got affected the most, but thank goodness for the 'find & replace' function!

- Added more small scenes in between + more unexpected fluff happened in Guntur's route!

- Programmed in 30 pages! 

I'm entering the scene where we get to learn about the Forgotten Isles' history ^.^)/
Here, you'll get to see many simple murals like the ones in Winged Ones~ They're basically done, but... I'm thinking about re-drawing them ><; I kinda make them in a hurry so they're not up to par. I'll do my best to make them today! >:)

- Polished 2 late-game backgrounds! They've been bothering me for a long time so I'm glad to see they're improving! 

I'll show you the sneak peek next week! I've been showing too much sneak peeks these days, I'm afraid I won't have anything to show later x'D

On a lighter note... last week, 40 people 'likes' the itch.io update post while only 2 people 'reacted' to the indiegogo update post O.O does this mean a lot more people are watching my itch.io post than my indiegogo? In any case, thank you so much for reading, guys! Your support always makes me happy~ -^.^-

Today, I'm hyped to do those murals so... that's it for now and see you guys next week!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

Fun Fact:

- Drinking tolerance ranking: Guntur > Arya > Kahlil
Also, Kahlil is really a handful when he's drunk ^^; you'll see why later in the story.

- Art wise, Guntur, Kahlil, and Arya can't draw to save their lives... but they make fun of each other whenever they can.

- Bravery ranking: Guntur > Arya > Kahlil
Oh, Kahlil... what should we do with you? x'D

Support me on: 

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 5/18/2020!

#367 Post by SweetChiel »

Morning, guys! 
How did your week go?
Mine was tiring but it was probably the most productive I've ever been in a long time! 

- Programmed 17 pages! A couple more scenes before we finally reach the Winter Area! ><

Oh, and... because Chapter 4 is already very long, I've decided to divide Chapter 4 part 1 (Autumn) into 2 parts. Therefore, Chapter 4 part 2 (Winter) will be written as Chapter 5 ingame, and so on. Which means, the originally 5 chapters will become 6 chapters in total with Chapter 6 as the final chapter. No changes in the bachelors' routes whatsoever, just adding more 'Chapter screens' to better pace the story ^.^

- Redrawn 8 murals! 
Example is below:

I picked one with the least spoiler x'D 
I'll post one more at my Patreon for my dear patrons. That one has a little spoiler but it changed the most among the other 7 murals ^.^)/

- Created the Forgotten Isles' maps! (4 versions)
The maps will be shown along with the murals. As you get to know the Forgotten Ises' history, you will also get to see the changes that happened to the Forgotten Isles over time.

- Created a simple illustration that tells an important event. I can't show you any sneak peek regarding this illustration because it has a big amount of spoiler ><
*Hint: Ingame, the picture will be described as 'drawn with charcoal' and 'much better than the murals by a wide margin'*

Phew, I'm beat!
While the murals look simple, they require a steady hand and my hand actually hurts from drawing so much lines x'D It's fine now, but man, last week was so rewarding for me! For you too, right? ^///^

I also polished the script as usual. I'm still not quite satisfied with the part where we tell the Isles' history, but I'll slowly work on it! >:)

Okay, that's it for now and see you guys next week!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

P.S. the fun facts will be temporarily replaced by Q&A session! If you have any question for Guntur, Kahlil, or Arya, feel free to comment below! If there's more than 2 questions, I'll randomly pick 2 of the most interesting ones ^.^

This is for fun so feel free to be as creative as you want x'D

Q&A session part 1!

1.) Have you ever looked at the mirror and think 'Why am I so good looking?'

Guntur : "Uh... yeah, sometimes? When I was a kid, I was as thin as a stick, so imagine my surprise when I got some muscles. Though... it kinda went out of control afterwards, haha!"

Kahlil : "Of course! Beauty needs appreciation and I'm one of the best, don't you agree?" ;)

Arya : "Are you guys for real?"

2.)  If you're a woman, which Disney Princess Dress attire would you like to wear?

Kahlil: "Beauty and the Beast!"

Guntur : "What is Disney?"

Arya: "............"

*stares at Arya in anticipation*

Arya: "What are you looking at? If you didn't get the hint, I'm not answering, so fuck off!"

QuQ

Support me on: 

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 5/25/2020!

#368 Post by SweetChiel »

Hey, guys! What's up?
I did a lot last week and I'm very happy to announce:

- I've finished programming Chapter 4 (Autumn)! x'D

- We'll start programming Chapter 5 (Winter) as soon as I finished making Autumn's CGs (6 in total) and a set of images for Kahlil's past-life memory~ Remember the reason why I re-named Chapter 4 part 2 into Chapter 5? Yup, Winter is only 300+ pages whereas Autumn already has 600+ pages.

- I also polished many of Autumn's small side events. Hopefully for the better! I'll check them again later when we're at the late-stage of programming!

- Made 2 new NPC silhouettes, a Centaur Foal & Filly. You'll meet them at one of the small side events -^.^)/

- Polished 2 of Guntur's CGs, along with their variants! Mostly, I refined the small detail such as his eyes, arm muscles, the shape of his face, the tattoo on his back... I'll post one of them as a bonus for my patrons on Patreon today! You'll know what I mean :'3

Honestly, I'm glad we're done with Autumn ><;
Autumn has the most pages/content compared to the other seasons but I just can't wait to get to the juicy part, you know? Winter and Spring will be really exciting--but again, I need to finish making Autumn's CGs (6 in total) and a set of images for Kahlil's past-life memory! It'll take around... 2 weeks maybe? Crossing my fingers!

xoxo,

SweetChiel

Q&A session part 2!

1.) If you had to be in any Anime which one and why? (Or cartoon in general)-- by: Gm

Kahlil: "I thought it's already obvious? Hell'A Kitty (Hello Kitty) FTW! Do you know why Hell'A Kitty doesn't have a mouth? It's because she speaks from the heart!"

Guntur: "Hmm... if I have to choose, I'll pick Transformers. When I was a kid, I was a big fan of Optimus Prime--still is actually." *chuckles*

Arya : "Scrooge McDuck. I want to know what it feels like to have a room full with gold coins and swim in it."

2.) What is everyone's favorite weather?-- by: MermaidVictory

Kahlil: "I really like it when it's raining. Why? Because there'll be a beautiful rainbow afterwards!"

Guntur: "Sunny. Because whenever it rains, this idiot friend of mine will run outside and get sick the next day. I'm the one who has to take care of him."

Arya: "Cloudy. Not too cold and not too hot."

And... Cut! I hope you guys enjoyed their answers!
If you have anything you'd like to ask the bachelors, feel free to comment below and I'll pick two of the most interesting questions! ^.^

Support me on:

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 6/1/2020!

#369 Post by SweetChiel »

Mine was exhausting but it was worth it! >////<

I finished the CGs for Autumn! All 5 of them! Not 6, I mispoke last week--1 of Guntur's CG is canceled, remember? >< 

This is a new personal record for me. I'm the type of artist that gives my all to every piece of art I make so always get tired whenever I finished a drawing... fortunately, I prevailed! QuQ 5 of them! 3 for Kahlil + 2 for Guntur! 

Also, I got a pleasant surprise last week; Kahlil's CGs turned out better than I expected OuO;
I mean, A LOT better... I'm not sure what to feel about it because it messed up my quality control and I had to go back to 'enhance' his past CGs. I can already hear you guys saying 'the quality control could be better'--but oh well, let it be a treat for your eyes, seeing the CGs got better and better x'D

Because of what happened above, I had to make sure Guntur's CGs don't get outshined so I worked extra hard. I think I got it? 

Here's another sneak peek from a keyhole just for you~

If you remember the sketch sneakpeek, yup, that's it x'D
Full sneak peek will be posted on my Patreon today, so those who are not afraid to get a spoiler is welcome!

There has been no progress with the set of images for Kahlil's past-life memory event, but I'm beat. Like, really tired, so I'll take some rest for a few days before I start drawing again :'3

I want to quickly jump into my lovely bed so that's it for now!
I hope you enjoyed today's update~ see you again next week!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

Q&A session part 3!

1.)  What's your favorite type of girl?-- by: The Mysterious

Kahlil: "A cute girl who also likes Hell'A Kitty and doesn't mind the way I dress!"

Guntur: "Good question. My 'ideal type' would be a family-oritented woman. If she can be a good mother and partner, that'd be the best." *chuckles* 

Arya : *hesitant* "...A woman that is capable of taking care of herself."

2.) What's favorite type of man?-- by: PangHerHeart

Kahlil: "Oh?" *laughs* "Not everyday someone ask me that question. My answer is... someone like Guntur maybe?"

Guntur: "......" *inches away from Kahlil*

Kahlil: "Hey, I'm serious! If you can see past his scary appearance, he's a man I feel like I can depend on. He can cook, he can fight, and he doesn't care about what I wear or that I like cute things!"

Guntur: "...I'll take that as a compliment. But no thanks, I prefer women." *laughs nervously*

Kahlil: "I know~"

*One of Arya's eyebrow twitches*

Arya: "I swear, the fucking questions are getting more fucking 'creative' each week."

Arya: "And to answer your fucking question--I prefer women, thank you. No buts and no what ifs. Just, leave me the fuck alone."

And... Cut!
I hope you guys enjoyed their answers! If you have anything you'd like to ask the bachelors, feel free to comment below and I'll pick two of the most interesting questions! ^.^

Ah, and don't mind Arya, he's normally that grumpy ~

Support me on: 

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 6/8/2020!

#370 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi guys! Sorry for the late update!
I was having an intense polishing session with Kahlil's route x_x; I almost didn't catch any sleep last night if not for my mom lol.

I told you that I was working on a set of images for Kahlil's past-life memory, right? Guess how many images I made? 36 of them. Here's a sneak peek so you can imagine what the set of images would look like:

I'm aiming for a simple, children's storybook style. The reference I used is Kaguya Hime no Monogatari movie by Ghibli Studio--but of course, not as detailed.

...I never thought I would ended up making 36 images though. Some of them only have a white background and it includes a variety of a fox's body language. In addition, the story changed from how I originally planned it. It feels like Kahlil was urging me to go to a different direction and I ended up getting dragged by him... OTL

Some of Kahlil's scenes also went through a HUGE improvement! Hence, I'm late at posting today's update. I'm really happy with the change tho! It's getting a good sense of direction now--but again, it might still change if Kahlil get new ideas about it.

I also programmed in all of Autumn's CGs. Tested and ready to go!
I gotta say that the CG quality improved a lot OuO; you can practically see the difference. If you compare Guntur's/Kahlil's first meeting CG with their Autumn event CG... well, you're in for a treat x'D

#RIPmyqualitycontrol 

Does that mean I'm ready to tread the Winter Area? Chapter 5?
Erm, not quite. I forgot that I need to design winter robes for Maya and the bachelors ^^; *pls don't be mad at me*cough*

While I'm happy that I'm done with Kahlil's past-life memory and the overall of Autumn, I'm dog tired. I don't think I'll touch my laptop until... at least Thursday to avoid melt down >< let's just say I'm having a small vacation!

On the way, if I managed to find good references for tribal winter coat, I might be able to finish them next week ^.^)/

Rest well, guys! I'm gonna hit the bed for now so see you again next week!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

Q&A session part 3!

1.) What was their dream job as kids?-- by: Lizerette

Kahlil: "When I was 9-10 years old, I wanted to become a Magician and a Toy Store Owner. Sadly, it didn't come true due to personal circumstances but I can do simple magic tricks." 
*pulls out a pen and made it disappear only for it to be 'plucked' out from your ear*

Guntur: "It's embarassing, but my childhood dream was to become a Pilot. A Fighter Pilot to be exact. When I was little, I often dreamed about riding a jet and circled the world. Unfortunately, I didn't have the opportunity nor the money to go to college."

Arya: ".........."

*stares at Arya in expectation."

Arya: "...Don't laugh, but I wanted to become an Astronaut. Why? Because the thought of having aliens out there watching me creeps me out and I wanted to fucking punch them in the face. There, happy?"

2.) What would degree would they go into if they ever went to college?
-- by: owo

Kahlil: "That's a hard question. I'd probably take the arts design degree, you know, so I can become a toy designer. I believe I can revolutionize the industry!"

Guntur: "You mean, with those 'brilliant' traps of yours? Parents would never allow their kids approach the things you call 'toys' within ten feet."

Kahlil: "Oh hush!"

Guntur: "As for me, hmm... what do they call college with pilot training program and degree? Aviation? Yeah, if I go there, I can ride a plane, travel, and I heard the salary is great too. It would be a dream come true to me. What about you, Arya?"

Arya: "Me? I'll go for Information Technology or Computer Science. Technology is the future and money gathers whenever a computer is involved. Not that I need to go college or anything, I'm already the best programmer there is. It's just that not many can afford my services."

Kahlil: "That... and not everyone can handle your bad temper."

Arya: "Fuck off, Kahlil!"

And... Cut!
I hope you guys enjoyed their answers! If you have anything you'd like to ask the bachelors, feel free to comment below and I'll pick two of the most interesting questions! ^.^

Support me on:

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 6/15/2020!

#371 Post by SweetChiel »

I was surprisingly productive and I got some good news for you!

I once said that the winter robes would be just an add-on, right? Not an entirely new outfits, but... as I looked at the many refs I've collected, there's this tiny voice in my head, saying:

"Do it! Make some new clothes for the boys & MC! They'll look so good in it! Think of it as a reward for yourself and for your loyal supporters & patrons!"

So lo and behold; the winter robes are no longer simple robes--they're entirely new outfits, based on Lombok's ethnic pattern & design~
Here's a sneak peek of Kahlil's winter robe:

Do you remember that the refs I used for the Autumn Village background is also from Lombok? ^.^ They make really good and detailed Batik patterns:

Picture is from google, and yes, you can actually buy this shirt as a souvenir x'D

As a bonus, I'll post a full-body preview of Kahlil's, Arya's, and Maya's winter robes on my Patreon for my $5 Patrons today! Guntur has a hidden event and it involves his winter robe so... sorry, but there won't be any sneak peek of Guntur for a while!

Other than that, I also polished the old Winter background:

Before, I wasn't sure how to draw a pine tree covered in snow so I used matte painting ><
This time... I hope it turned well? What do you think?

Oh, I also created 1 Winter Forest Background. With this, all backgrounds for winter events are finished! I think I can start programming this week OuO Chapter 5 here I come!

That's it for now and I hope you enjoyed today's update!
See you again next week!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

Q&A session part 3!
No one submitted a question, so I'll be asking them some question in your stead ~(=u=)~

1.) What is your favourite treat? (The thing you do to cheer yourself up after a bad day)

Kahlil: "I'll scream for Ice cream!"

Guntur: "This can't be exactly called a 'treat', but if I had a bad day, I'll spend some time trying out new recipes. Cooking helps me to relax and it's kinda fulfilling if I see someone enjoying my food."

Arya: "Coffee. Black."

2.) Let's say you believe in reincarnation. With the exception of human, what would you want to be in the next life?

Kahlil: "I'd like to become a pet of a rich person! It doesn't matter whether I become a cat or a dog--I won't have to do anything besides eating, playing, and sleeping."

Guntur: "Hey, that's a good idea!"

Kahlil: "Right? What about you, Arya?"

Arya: ".........A rock."

Everyone: "?????"

Arya: "I'd ask to become a fucking rock, so I won't have to think about paying bills and deal with idiots every day."

Kahlil: "Oh boy..."

And... Cut!
I hope you guys enjoyed their answers! If you have anything you'd like to ask the bachelors, feel free to comment below and I'll pick two of the most interesting questions! ^.^

Support me on:
Last edited by SweetChiel on Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 6/22/2020!

#372 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi, guys! How was your week?
Mine was so-so, I was mostly occupied with pre-programming things for Chapter 5 ><

Such as:
1.) Created a falling snow effect. If there are falling leaves effect for autumn, it's only fair to have falling snow effect for winter, right? ^.^

2.) Tidying the order of winter's events. As usual, the script will go through some changes if the characters will it. I even wrote a new small opening scene, because... the characters wanted it to--demanded it even x_x have I told you that the script often changed without my consent? ^^; it's as if the characters were borrowing my keyboard to write their own story. I know, it's kinda hard to understand but it happens to me.

3.) Created 4 set of images for Maya, who doodled on the snow-covered ground. This one was easy~

4.) Programmed in the winter robes. Only for some of Maya's & our bachelors' basic sprites though. There are simply too many expressions and it'll need time for me to cover them all, including the close ups. Guntur's special circumstances even required me to reprogram his entire set of expression (eyes, mouth, brows) *hint*hint* >_<

5.) The usual polishing. I found myself going to and fro Chapter 4, polishing here and there. Nothing new here :'3

Overall, I guess you can say I'm preparing many things before I can start programming Chapter 5. But the opening scene for winter is already on its way!

Believe it or not, I try very hard not to overuse the word 'forest' xD
It's kinda hard to do that though, because there are summer forest, autumn forest, and winter forest lol. 

It's a bit of a slow start, but we're getting there \(^.^)/
xoxo,

SweetChiel

Q&A session part 5!
Last week should've been part 4, I typed wrong but no one noticed? x'D
Anyway, here we go!

...Actually, I hesitated whether to pick these questions or not, because the answers contain mild spoiler about the bachelors' background >< but not to worry, there's more in the game and I'll treat this as a gift for my loyal supporters who kept reading the updates ^.^

1.) Do the bachelors have any siblings? -- by The Mysterious

Kahlil: "Nope, I'm the only child in the family."

Guntur: "I have two younger sisters and one younger brother. I'm the oldest."

Arya: "Dunno. I'm an orphan. Left in front of a church." 

2.) Would like to have children in the future? If so how many? Boys or girls if you had to choose?--by OtomeLove

Kahlil: "Yes! As many as possible! Boys or girls, I don't care as long as they're healthy."

Guntur: "I agree. No matter the gender, the most important thing is that they're healthy. As for how many... maybe one or two." *chuckle*

Arya: "........."

Kahlil: "Arya? What's wrong?"

Arya: "I envy you guys for being able to answer so easily."

Arya: "I'm an orphan. I don't have any parental figure to speak of except for the ones who abandoned me. Having children is the last thing on my mind lest I make them as miserable as me."

And... Cut!
Oh, Arya... he is not confident in that aspect. Well, not all of us is ready to have a child, but I hope he'll meet someone who can change his mind.

If you have anything you'd like to ask the bachelors, feel free to comment below and I'll pick two of the most interesting questions! ^.^

Support me on: 

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 6/29/2020

#373 Post by SweetChiel »

Good morning, guys!
How did your week go? Mine was a bit heart pounding ><;
Ren'Py crashed once and my laptop crashed once, but fortunately, no damage is done to the script. It might be because the length of the game is getting a bit too long/big for Ren'Py to handle? @@ Hopefully, I won't encounter this issue anymore.

Now then, without any further ado, here's a list of what I did last week!

1.) Programmed in 22 pages and lots of polishing as usual~

2.) Created the afternoon and night versions for winter open ground background and winter forest background (4 in total, might polish in the future/add more versions)

3.) Created a walking chibi animation! Winter chapter is a bit special. You won't need to choose between hunting/washing clothes/start a campfire. You'll be walking all day because the faster you reach the Spring Village, the better =^.^)/ There's going to be lots of hardship to overcome though. 

So, different from other chapters where you get to click something to upgrade your status, you're going to have lots of reading in winter chapter~

4.) Fixed a small problem with Arya's sprite, fixed a bug found in Chapter 4 (Autumn), and more programming for Guntur's sprite!

No sneak peek for you today, BUT! I'm going to post the chibi walking animation for my $5 patrons on Patreon as a reward/bonus! -^.^)/ 

We're off to a good start but I'm a feeling a bit under the weather lately :S 
Probably because it's very hot over here and I'm seeing Maya's group playing with snow--I'm so jealous! x'D

I hope all of you are doing well, wherever you are~ Drink lots and take care of your health!
Thank you for reading and see you again next week!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

Q&A session part 6!

1.) What is their favorite type of music? -- by: SkyDragon3564

Kahlil: "I'm not that picky with music. I'll listen to anything that is bright, bouncy, and cheerful, just... not... rock."

Guntur: "Are you kidding me? Rock all the way! Everytime I listen to them, it fills me with energy."

Arya: "Instrumental. No lyrics to distract me from work."

2.) What would you do with 14202750000.00 rupiah(million dollars) -- by: Mishira

Kahlil: "Develop a toy factory! Open a candy store! Patent my toys! Go on vacation all over the world! And my life will be complete!"

Guntur: "Damn, that's a lot."

Kahlil: "We gotta dream big, Tur. What about you?"

Guntur: "I'll buy a house."

Kahlil: "...That's it?"

Guntur: "Well, I've never got my hands on so much money so I'll probably save the rest for later until I figure out what to do with the rest of them."

Arya: "Invest them."

Guntur: "Invest them?"

Arya: "Yes, for example, you can buy another house and rent them. Fuck, buy a couple more with good security and close to the mall/big roads and you'll be set for life."

Arya: "You can also choose to deposit some at the bank, buy some stocks, buy a shit ton gold--hell, you can open a business or two and you'll still have some leftover with that much money. That way, you'll leave something to your descendants."

Guntur: "Whoa... that's a lot. You got everything planned, huh?"

Arya: "What can I say?"

Arya: "Unless you're a guy with no ambition and content with what you have, everything needs money."

And... Cut!
This might be the longest time Arya talked, huh? o.o money is a complicated matter to discuss, so...what do you think?

Support me on: 

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 7/6/2020!

#374 Post by SweetChiel »

Hey, guys! How was your week?
I'm very happy because my air conditioner got fixed! It's cold again and my sleep quality is heavenly now~

I did a lot of programming last week! ^.^)/

- 38 pages programmed in! The scenes are going through many changes and the pace is faster than I thought, but I'm quite happy with how it turned out! :3

- More expressions are programmed + renewing some side images with winter robes~ 

- Created 6 sub-backgrounds for winter with special effects! Shoutout to Yanonako, who patiently explained facts about winter and helped me through it! ^///^

Things are going quite smoothly~ of course, I also did some polishing as usual. 

As for a sneak peek... hmm... how about I let you listen to the winter's BGM for a change? OuO 
Here's one by Kevin Macleod: Sapphire Isle!

I'm really grateful for his site, which provides a wide range of free BGMs ^///^
And yup, I've confirmed with the person himself that all of them are free to use commercially! 

That's it for now, stay safe, and see you again next week!
I'm going to rest my eyes for a few days >< 
xoxo,

SweetChiel

Q&A session part 7!

1.) How would they react if they had realized (or some author "accidentally" spilled the truth) that their world is just a giant otome game and they're basically "destined" to get together with Maya sooner or later, no matter how much they protest? -- by: tekkonkinkreet

Kahlil: *shaking my shoulders* "Seriously? Why did you write our lives as tragedies? Do you have any idea how much we've suffered?"

Me: "Because it's the plot? You guys have committed some 'morbid sins', remember? That's why you have hard lives."

Kahlil: "Morbid sins?! You're the one who wrote it in the first place!"

Sst... sst... *The sound of Arya sharpening a knife*

Me: *sweats* "Uhh... Arya?"

Arya: "........."

Me: *gulps* "Guntur? A little help here?"

Guntur: "Guys, stop it. She's just a girl."

Kahlil: "Guntur, why are you trying to stop us? Don't feel you unhappy?"

Guntur: "What can I say? If you get our 'author' in a bad mood, what if she writes a really bad end for us?"

Me: "You go, Guntur! Tell them!"

*Arya glares*

Me: "Eeep!"

Guntur: "Well... at least we can look forward to the happy endings, right?"

Me: *furiosly nodding my head "Of course!"

*Question number 2 is supposed to be by alucard.steyn, but their question "If they had one wish what would it be?" is going to be answered within the game so I'll skip it and let the bachelors answer one of my questions~*

2.) What is the best present you ever received?

Kahlil: "I have two actually. This umbrella from my aunt and a teddy from my mother. The teddy bear is still on my bed back home."

Arya: "This mask. It's from my father."

Guntur: "The best present? ...Hmm... I don't know whether this could be called as a 'present' but back then when I was at my lowest and had no place to call home, an old man told me he was willing to rent out his apartment to me.  Until now, I'm still staying at that apartment."

And... Cut!
I hope you enjoyed today's update -^.^-

Support me on: 

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 7/13/2020!

#375 Post by SweetChiel »

Mine was filled with trials and errors x_x

I told you that I made many sub-backgrounds with special effects, right? 
Well... I tried to animate the special effects. One succeed but one failed... it would've been good if I leave the failed one and move on, but I didn't. I tried many times, burnt a lot of time--and it still ended up as a failure =_=; 

Something tragic also happened to one of my backgrounds' .psd file. 
There's this one time I cropped this background for a sneak peek and then I did a stupid thing: saved the file and quit photoshop. This is the only thing that's left of it:

Q_Q 
Fortunately, I've saved the .jpg file. I can paint over it if I want to make a sub-background of it, but yeah, good bye my beautiful layers T_T

Because of the things I mentioned above, I wasn't able to do much programming, but hey! 14 pages are still something, right? 

...I really should stop overthinking matters and stop getting too immersed in one thing when I obviously have so much to do OTL

Anyway! 
I managed to make 2 more sub-backgrounds (in place the failed animation) so not all things are bad! This is probably the most sub-backgrounds I've made for a chapter ^^;

Welp, I'll do my best to move on and do more programming next week!
I hope you guys had a better week than me!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

Q&A session part 7! (No one submitted a question, so I'll treat myself to ask the bachelors some of mine~)

1.) Where do you like to go on vacation?

Kahlil: "Disneyland! I've always wanted to go there and try all the rides!"

Guntur: "Travel all over the world? Am I too greedy?" *chuckles* "If I have to choose just one, then... Thousand Islands. No, not the one in french. Ours. I've been there once and I think you'd love it as much as I do. It's very peaceful and the sea is very blue."

Arya: "Travel?" *scoff* "I'd rather stay at home and get some fucking sleep."

2.) Do you have anything to say to us? Anything is fine, opinion, advice, words of wisdom, etc...

Kahlil: "Work hard, play hard!"

Guntur: "Spend more time with your family before you regret it."

Arya: "Life is harsh. Deal with it and don't wait for something to change because it fucking won't. You need to fucking work for it. Oh, and everything needs money."

*Guntur and Kahlil nodded sagely at Arya's words of wisdom*

And... Cut!
I hope you enjoyed today's update -^.^-

Support me on: