[IndieGoGo LIVE] Nusantara:Bermuda Triangle [GxB]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Nusantara: Legend of the Winged Ones
Deviantart: SweetChiel

UPDATE 07/31/2017

#151 Post by SweetChiel »

Hey guys! Last week was... tiring >< both mentally & physically -I was trying to start exercising & increase my stamina by joining a dog lover community. We went out at early mornings & walk our pups around a big park. Coupled with my daily tasks & drawing, I ended up exhausted & got a light fever + scratchy throat the next day for talking too much ^^;

Sheesh, I guess this is what I get for sitting in front of my laptop too much x_x; my stamina is horrendous! ...At least it's a start, right?

But nevertheless, I finished the job!
- Finished 2 minor character sprites + 1 alternative costume sprite
- Revised character designs again
- Collecting background references
- Finished 2 silhouettes + 1 WIP silhouette (I think I will need references to make them easily recognised ><)

I'm happy to announce that we reached this month's goal; I finished the basic character sprites for the SuperBackers & all the minor-important characters!

The total is 2 SuperBacker OCs & 9 minor-important characters!

I hope I didn't forget anything O_O; Hmm... oh well, if I forget anything, I'll tell you immediately!

Next month, I'm planning to focus on finishing the basic backgrounds, especially the ones for Spring Village. At the same time, I will also taking notes & polishing the story line little by little. Recently, I played a VN which I had high hopes, but the ending sucks & it left a bitter after taste :S I won't tell what VN, but I really don't want Bermuda to be like that so yup, gonna polish it as best as I could.

Last but not least, here's today's sneak peek!

This one is Aubrey's OC <3 are you surprised by the various new species? x'D

As usual, my patrons will get to see the full-sneak peek early (today) but he will be revealed for public next week.

That's it for now & thanks for reading!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: [IndieGoGo LIVE] Nusantara:Bermuda Triangle [GxB]

#152 Post by SweetChiel »

UPDATE 08/14/2017

Hi guys!
Last week I had a pretty good progress!

- I finished 3 backgrounds (1 of them is a variation of the other background), but to be honest, I'm not quite... satisfied with 2 of them ^^; You see, they're all buildings background & my skill at drawing/coloring buildings is not up to par with my forest/natural backgrounds.
They ended up a bit more gloomier than I expected u.u; -but I will do my best to upgrade them!

- Other than those, I also finished 1 Queen's Crown CG! 1 more & I'll be finished with it! *happy dance*

I will still be making backgrounds this week, I still have 1 more to do. Hmm... I hope I didn't forget something x_x;

Last but not least, I'm keeping the sneak peeks for later, but I'm planning to release the .psd file of this illustration for my $10 patrons next week!

Remember her? ^///^

The .psd file will include the early sketch + references I used for it. Don't get surprised by how crappy my sketch is ^^;

That's it for now & thanks for reading!
xoxo

SweetChiel

https://www.patreon.com/SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#153 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi guys! Last week was... hectic to be honest x_x
You see, remember when I said I was afraid to forget something last week? Apparently, I DID forget.

At Tuesday, I finished 1 CG line art for Queen's Crown & 1 background line art for Bermuda. Then, in the mid-process of finishing the line arts, I suddenly remembered...
I forgot about 4 backgrounds!! 2 of them are bedrooms (1 easy, 1 hard) while the other 2 is for special events (1 medium, 1 hard).

I panicked & when I panic, I usually can't do anything right. Resulting in me procrastinating until August, 17th; which is Indonesia's Independence Day. Me & my family joined some competition to celebrate this so I momentarily forgot again about those 4 backgrounds.

At August, 18th, I was quite depressed & I honestly forgot it was my birthday until my Mom reminded me in the morning :')) *I don't know whether to laugh or cry about this*

In the weekends, I steeled myself. I managed to finish 1 bedroom background (the easy one) with its variation of Day & Night version & 1 other background (the medium one).

Hopefully, I can finish the last 3 backgrounds within 10 days before August ends T_T

I think I got a bit stressed these days because I got out of my comfort zone & made lots of rock texture/buildings the last couple of weeks. At worst, I think I will finish those backgrounds at the first week of September u.u;

Ahh, I hope I can fight off this bad habit of me procrastinating everytime I panic/if things doesn't get along with my schedule!

Last but not least, the .psd file of Tamara's semi-realism digital art is now available in my Patreon!

Wish me luck, guys!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#154 Post by SweetChiel »

Today, I just want to tell you that this morning, my 2nd pen tablet crossed the rainbow.
My Godf*cking pup, Juno, chewed it.
If I didn't love him so much, I think I would have raged so hard until I flip my f*ckin' table.
I was careless too anyway. Last night, I was tired & forgot to put it in the 'safe place'. I put it slightly away from its usual place and this happened.
The victim also includes a pack of baby tissues (this is not the first time they ate some of it. I just hope it won't get stuck in their stomach/intestines...)
The good news is that I have a spare pen tablet from winning a competition in the past.

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 09/04/2017

#155 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi guys! Last week passed pretty quickly but I rested plenty!

I slept, relaxed with my pups, read lots of novels I put on hold, and even tried making semi-realism illustrations again, but...
Dang, I'm so rusty ^^;

The concept is about young fox demons (Kitsune in Japanese term), that are practicing to turn into humans. I was only doodling at first, but then it turned serious and now, I'm contemplating about making it a waist-up + making it a Patreon reward sometime later x'D

The only downside I got last week was... I forgot about the Queen's Crown last CG :'))

I'm sorry! ><;;

It honestly escaped my mind and I only realized it now when I read last week's update! *so embarassing!*

I will try to finish it this week, but I will also start writing script little by little now. But! No proofreaders will touch it unless I deemed it 'perfect' enough ><

Alright, I guess that's it for now.
Thanks for reading!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 08/28/2017

#156 Post by SweetChiel »

Also...
I forgot to post the update from 2 weeks ago! ACK! *hits my head on the table* I'm really sorry! T_T I guess my head was in the clouds from all the texture I did... *sigh* it's definitely not on purpose so please forgive me!

------------------------------~(T-T)~---------------------------------------

Morning, guys!
Last week, I was very regretful & grieved about my broken pen tablet :'( I still have my 3rd pen tablet, but still... However, there's something good came out from that too:

- In frustration, I dived head first into work & after 4 days, I managed to finish all 3 backgrounds I have forgotten last week. I was having a difficulty with some texture, but at that time, it somehow turned better than the last ones.

- I used the last 3 days to make 3 new night versions & adjusted other night versions; I lower the saturation + make it darker. I feel that they were too bright to look like it's night :'))

Sample:
I think it's more realistic this way.

Did you know? Not including their variations or illustrations, we have reached 30 backgrounds! x'D

Anyways! With the basic backgrounds finished, I'm planning to use next week as an intermission -or resting period to prepare myself to start writing script. My muse is a fickle thing & I can't predict when I will finish writing -but I will try to at least write 5000 words every week. I can easily exceed it if an inspiration hits me, but it didn't happen often.

I will also use this week to finish the last CG of Queen's Crown so I can dedicate all my focus to the script.

Alright, that's it for today's update! Pray so I can start writing the script smoothly ><
xoxo,

SweetChiel

Amberbaum
Regular

#157 Post by Amberbaum »

Wow, I should have known that you also work for Queens Crown as an artist. Your progress schedule is pretty impressive. And hi!, again. I am sorry for silently lurking so long.

Regarding the backgrounds, I don't think that this will go unnoticed. Once you seriously start playing all kinds of VNs you pretty much notice something like that as a player and will appreciate it :)

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#158 Post by SweetChiel »

Amberbaum wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:58 am Wow, I should have known that you also work for Queens Crown as an artist. Your progress schedule is pretty impressive. And hi!, again. I am sorry for silently lurking so long.

Regarding the backgrounds, I don't think that this will go unnoticed. Once you seriously start playing all kinds of VNs you pretty much notice something like that as a player and will appreciate it :)
Hi Amberbaum! It's great to see you again <3 -and no problem! I love all my stalkers in the nearby bushes x'D

and Yup, I also hope that the small differences will help you immerse better into the story :'3 I still think my progress is a bit slow though; I'm really afraid that I would spend too much time writing script & lost track of time x_x;

Amberbaum
Regular

#159 Post by Amberbaum »

Hm, it's hard to work on a VN project alone and having to find time to do every job that comes with it (writing, scripting, drawing, maybe looking for music and sound-effects). And being an artist is in general very hard. If the creative mental juice is not flowing, focusing on other less artist-y parts of the project is good. I think? The game code needs to be written anyway.

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#160 Post by SweetChiel »

Amberbaum wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:07 am Hm, it's hard to work on a VN project alone and having to find time to do every job that comes with it (writing, scripting, drawing, maybe looking for music and sound-effects). And being an artist is in general very hard. If the creative mental juice is not flowing, focusing on other less artist-y parts of the project is good. I think? The game code needs to be written anyway.
Yup, it's tough but I know it's going to be finished if I progress little by little -it's just that the writing juice comes and goes like the wind Q_Q I'm PMS-ing sometimes because of that lol, I hope this phase will be over soon and I can focus working ><

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 09/11/2017

#161 Post by SweetChiel »

Good morning, guys!
I hope you had a wonderful week! I had a bumpy ride last week x_x

So, I had finally finished Queen's Crown's CGs down to the tid bits -we only need to wait for the other artist to be done with their variations since the MC is customize-able.

I also got a rough start with script writing; I wrote around 3700+ words -yup, I know I said that I would try to at least write 5000 words >< but it's in the middle of an 'argumentation/conflict scene' and I spent a lot of my time going back and forth to make sure it's not confusing AND not overwhelming at the same time (quite a lot of info-dump in the Summer area ^^;)

So far, the progress for the first area is around 45%:

Ignore the page count -it's really just the 1,5 spacing + 'Enter' talking x'D This is only the count for Summer area mind you, not the whole script. I divided them by chapters; this is Chapter 3 part 1.

But... I'll be lying if I said I didn't get distracted at all last week (Ack! Mercy!)

It's kinda of a good news though!
There's a competition next week on September 17th and the grand prize is a pen tablet. I really hope to win to replace my broken pen tablet, remember?

The theme is Indonesian Animals.
I already registered and practiced thrice last week so here's me crossing me fingers ><

*cough*

Pssstt -fellow Indonesians, come to the competition if you can! You might catch me there x'D

*cough*

Well, now you know what happened last week u.u; pray so I can do better this week, but I think I will be a bit occupied by the competition.

BUT! I'm not done yet!
Lastly, I want to promote visual novels made by Indonesians again today!

First, Leodetable Institute's indiegogo campaign is ending in 4 days! C'mon guys, tell your friends who love BL+Fantasy!

INDIEGOGO LINK:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/bl-l ... x/16687918#/

The second one is Amplitude; after 2 years, they're finally finished and now available on Steam & itch.io! The Sci-fi is very thick in this one!

STEAM LINK:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/70468 ... ual_Novel/

ITCH.IO LINK:
https://ceylonentertainment.itch.io/amplitude

Fair warning that both visual novels contain mature themes.
Nevertheless, I'm very happy to see they're working hard! There's nothing I wish for more than the development of visual novels made by Indonesians :'3 not to sound racist, but the art department over here is really lacking in support by the government!

That's it for today!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 09/18/2017

#162 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi guys!
Gotta say that last week was pretty good this time! Well, for overall of it:

- Edited last week's script. Quite a lot is erased and then re-writed again due to it feeling not quite satisfying yet. I will edit it more when I program this particular scene since there are parts where I'm not sure some actions will work or not.
- Wrote another 3800+ words
- Preparing & joined Okapi digital art competition

I'm still having a rough time refreshing my writing skills and I spent quite a lot of time practicing for the competition ><

As for the result of the competition...

Tadaaaahhh! I won 2nd place! The prize I got is that cute trophy and some cash.

Even though I didn't win a new pen tablet, there is another good news: the cash I got is enough to order a new pen. Just the pen, but this means I get to replace the pen my pups broke! x'D God is really giving me what I need :'3

I just hope there won't be any problem with the new pen >_<;

Oh and do you wanna know what won the 1st place? It's a drawing of a Cendrawasih :')) In other words, I drew Mitra (Javanese Hawk-Eagle), but Rama strikes back with revenge for me not picking him hahahah (This could only be understood by those who have played Nusantara: Legend of the Winged Ones~).

Anyways! To celebrate yesterday's good fortune, I decided to give you guys a background preview!
This one have appeared a few times in the OCs preview, remember? Spring village part 1!

Personally, I think this is a major spoiler, but eh, you won't know its secret until you play so I guess it's alright for you to see it :'3

Welp, that's it for now! See you next week & I hope I can really get in tune with my writing muse this time ><

xoxo,

SweetChiel

EDIT: Whoops, I forgot to tell you that my patrons will get a fun fact about Autumn village today; about its origin & what village I based it off.

Amberbaum
Regular

#163 Post by Amberbaum »

Congratulations! I hope you had fun with this contest. Practicing ones animal drawing skills and extra cash is always good :D (I would have picked the Mitra bird version, too. Just because I think this type of bird looks prettier then a bird of paradise :P.)

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#164 Post by SweetChiel »

Amberbaum wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:07 pm Congratulations! I hope you had fun with this contest. Practicing ones animal drawing skills and extra cash is always good :D (I would have picked the Mitra bird version, too. Just because I think this type of bird looks prettier then a bird of paradise :P.)
Thanks Amberbaum! I also thought Mitra is more appropriate & will look more valiant x'D
Our 'Garuda' symbol is from Javanese Hawk-Eagle after all, but... Rama is not happy about it 😂

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 10/02/2017

#165 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi guys! How was your week?
Mine was not so good, so I hope yours are better ><

- Polished Chapter 3 part 1 again
- Written 4700+ words (2 events for Arya, 1 Main story event)

Hmm... Baby steps as usual TuT I feel like I can do better but I swear, it seemed that everything was trying to distract me from writing :'( Even though my best friend (ErdaEnos) came last week to trade motivations, I still can't get hyped up as usual.

We're in the middle of changing seasons and it rained quite heavily last week, resulting in my internet stumbling down from 'decent' to 'nutjob'. Also, my identification card problem will have to wait 'coz the card printer was broken and I'm waiting for it to be replaced with a new one.

Meanwhile, Kiara is close to her first heat and I'm planning to wait until she's at least 1 year old before spaying her. SO! Because I don't want to have any accidental litters, I started to train Juno to sleep with me at night... Guess what? Juno was so happy with my bed until there are zoomies every night (Try google zoomies if you don't know what it is ><).

Juno also woke me up every 2 AM and 5 AM to pee/poop so I'm getting grumpy from being sleep deprived x_x

In other words... Last week sucked but thank goodness I managed to write!

Chapter 3 part 1 is at a critical point were Month 2 is ending in-game! It's the juicy part and it won't be easy to write but here I go! >< just pray so Juno won't take too long to adapt so I can get my beauty sleep again :'D

That's it for now and see you again next week!
No sneak peek for now 'cause I'm hoarding them for later updates xD
xoxo,

SweetChiel