[IndieGoGo LIVE] Nusantara:Bermuda Triangle [GxB]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Nusantara: Legend of the Winged Ones
Deviantart: SweetChiel

Re: [IndieGoGo LIVE] Nusantara:Bermuda Triangle [GxB]

#181 Post by SweetChiel »

NekoKarasu wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:59 pm Cheer up, I feel you sis... In the past I too join an online game costume design competition (the one I join was ayodance), well I was inexperienced that time so I'm not sad that I didn't win (because my art was not good), but I'm disappointed in their chosen winner because I think the winner's design didn't fit the theme they asked themselves (the art was pretty good tho)

but this competition you join is really weird tho, I think there's definitely something wrong with them, most of the selected designs are really bad, I mean REALLY bad, there's even plagiarism!!

as for the valiant force, many of the competitors always too godlike for me lol so I never join, but usually, I too disappointed with their chosen winner because It usually has common things.... CUTE GIRLS.... usually the character that won are CUTE GIRLS, even though there were many other designs that much cooler

so... don't be sad or questions your abilities, not winning character design competitions doesn't mean you're not good at designing characters, arts is an aspect that hard to judged because of its subjectiveness, I believe there's no art that everyone likes, but there's no art that everyone dislikes either

Just do your best as always on your wonderful project, managed to start a big project that keeps progressed is an achievement itself
I hope this message brighten your day

btw, I love Reksa's design, this is true :D
Thank you NekoKarasu :'D
Ahh, I played Ayodance too when I was in high school! I've never had the chance to join the competition back then because I'm being drowned by school tasks alone, but yes, I think the admins for online games like these are lacking in terms of art taste :S I guess we should stay away from competitions who have questionable judges? Valiant force is one of the competitions with awesome judges but yep, Godlike competitors are there and yes again, I've never saw a male character win that art competition O.O; Jesus, Cute girls are so powerful!

Your comment really cheered me up today >///< Thank you again, NekoKarasu *hugs* I'm blushing to know you love Reksa's deisgn!

xoxo,
SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 11/27/2017

#182 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi guys!
Last week is not pleasant with the thing happened with the art competition, but the good news is that I managed to finish Chapter 3 part 2!

Minus 300 words for the summaries, but other than that, everything else was good.

There's even an element of surprise when I wrote the battle scene @@ It's definitely better than the 1st battle scene, but I'm in dismay at the thought of one new sprite + 1 unplanned CG making an appearance over there... I also pity my proofreaders who have to read my animation descriptions to understand what is happening ><; seriously, there's a lot of fast-paced animation over here. Be it sprites animation or weapon attack animations.

I might change/rearrange this particular scene in the future though. No promises since it all depends in the programming whether the things I wrote/imagine will work or not work. But if it works, it will be one heck of a scene.

Anyways, this calls for a celebration! Month 3 is finished and I will start writing Month 4 events!

Month 4 is a bonding time for Maya and the bachelors <3 They're preparing to cross the river and at Month 5, they will arrive at Autumn village! YAY!

Here's a sneak peek I promised last week:

Remember the Bar you saw in Spring village's background? Well, this is it! The one above is the morning version, the night version is below. It's quite dark considering they only use fire lamps.

This is where Damaris, Hototo, and other characters will be available for questioning so make sure to visit it after you arrive in Spring village!

Conclusion: It's still quite some way before Maya's group arrive at Autumn village, but the script writing should be less strenuous now.

That's it for now & see you next week my darlings!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 12/4/2017!

#183 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi guys!
Last week I was on a roll! x'D

Aside from the usual polishing, I had 6.8k+ words progress! Wooooott!

Oh, I also decided to separate Month 4 into Chapter 3 part 3. Chapter 3 part 2 was already 175 pages long and I don't want to overwhelm my proofreaders ><

They're still in the middle of checking Chapter 3 part 1, but it should be finished soon so I should be able to re-check my grammars somewhere this week.

Meanwhile...
Month 4 was full of surprises! I'm very satisfied with the scenes I've just written -especially Kahlil's. I had planned something for him, but I got some enlightment last week, and... let's just say I polished some things and it resulted with his background could either shock or surprise you ><; No worries though, it won't affect the main story.

No sneak peek this week, but I will show you the riverbank background next week along with a $10 patron reward (raw .psd file) ~

Stay tuned, my darlings!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 12/11/2017!

#184 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi guys!
Hope you're all doing well! Last week was so-so for me :S

I wrote a lot of scenes and believe it or not, it's 70% finished. However, there are some parts that needs more polishing and some scenes turned out bad so... I reckon I'm going to edit a lot this week x_x I've been sleepy a lot these days and my muse is slipping through my fingers like water.

That's why I decided to take some days off this week to read Harry Potter Series. The movies are masterpieces and I adore them, but I haven't had the time to read the books so here I go! I'm sure J.K.Rowling would be another source of inspiration for me *u*

Next update might not contain much progress but I hope to finish chapter 3 part 3 at the end of December!

Anyways~ Here's this week's sneak peek!

This is the riverbank of Summer Forest. Maya and her group needs to cross it in order to get to Autumn Village. It's not a tame one mind you :'3 that's why the preparation took a month ~ *anotherreasonforbondingtime //hammer

*cough* anyways, you'll know when you play x'D

Uhh.. and before someone pointed it out, yes, I do notice how my perspective sense is not accurate x_x I'm still learning and hopes to get better with time!

Meanwhile, my $10 patrons today will get Mitra's Bonus Picture raw .psd file!

*Sigh* My boy is really handsome, isn't he? <3

But... There's a sad news... You see, Reksa's and Rama's .psd files are corrupted :'( and because I can't recover them, I won't be able to share them with you *sobs*

They were in my old laptop and I forgot to transfer them to my USB. When I remembered and tried to open them, there's a notice saying it can't be opened.

...I'm really sad but there's nothing I can do. I guess this is retribution because I'm always clumsy and forgot things easily Q_Q

Welp, I hope this week will turn out better than last week!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

CeeCeeVA
Regular
Projects: Celflux Animation as the voice of Shandrita
Tumblr: CeeCeeVA

#185 Post by CeeCeeVA »

This looks awesome!! I am going to play the demo now ^.^
Voice Actress, Casting Director, Writer & Director

https://ceeceeva.wixsite.com/chasityconner

Animation Demo Reel:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10plH50 ... p=drivesdk

For VO inquiry:
CeeCeeVA@yahoo.com

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 12/18/2017!

#186 Post by SweetChiel »

Hey guys!
Last week was... intense x_x
I got thrown between fast-reading Harry Potter series, lack of sleep, editing, and fixing scenes -and boy, it wasn't pleasant -but at least, it's a productive week!

- I wrote around 4k+ words, which concludes 1 medium scenes and 2 small scenes.
- Polished and fixed the scenes that were unsatisfying (they turned better than I thought and you get more CGs here!)
- Polished and edited chapter 3 part 1 and chapter 3 part 2.

The polishing was all thanks to reading Harry Potter series, which widen my choices for verbs/adjectives/noun lol. I'm starting Book 4: Goblet of Fire now. I skimmed Book 3 since Prisoner of Azkaban is my least favourite movie, but I read enough to tell the differences.

On a more serious note, after reading Book 1 and Book 2, I learned a lot of things. I think the books are as good as the movies if not more descriptive. The movie director really did a good job, choosing which scene to show and enhance and even though some scenes are not used, the transitions are still very smooth and true to J.K.Rowling's essence.

I'm going to take my time reading Book 4 now. Goblet of Fire has always been my favourite and boy, I'm so glad I decided to read the novel x'D

Meanwhile, I still have 2 big scenes to write before I can advance to Chapter 4. It has affection-wise scenes so there are branches for me to write *sigh* I just hope I have enough time ><; I've been spending lots of time polishing lately.

That's it for now and see you next week at Christmas!
Hope you have a lovely holiday!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#187 Post by SweetChiel »

CeeCeeVA wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:20 am This looks awesome!! I am going to play the demo now ^.^
Great! I'll look forward to hear what you thought about it! :'3

CeeCeeVA
Regular
Projects: Celflux Animation as the voice of Shandrita
Tumblr: CeeCeeVA

#188 Post by CeeCeeVA »

Omg! I love the storyline and the characters so far! I was really sad that the demo ended T.T In general the game is amazing!
Voice Actress, Casting Director, Writer & Director

https://ceeceeva.wixsite.com/chasityconner

Animation Demo Reel:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10plH50 ... p=drivesdk

For VO inquiry:
CeeCeeVA@yahoo.com

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#189 Post by SweetChiel »

CeeCeeVA wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:46 am Omg! I love the storyline and the characters so far! I was really sad that the demo ended T.T In general the game is amazing!
Thanks CeeCeeVA!
I hope you'll continue to wait until this game is finished x'D Walk alone with me step by step!

xoxo,
SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 12/25/2017

#190 Post by SweetChiel »

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY HOLIDAYS GUYS! x'D

Jesus is having a birthday party today so let's relax, take a breather from your job, eat cakes, and have fun with your friends, and maybe trade presents with them!

Here's a little something from me:

Which 'Santa' you would like to have going through your chimney? A, B, or C? x'D

On a more serious note, last week I managed to finish 1 small scene and 1 big scene -the big scene was still in a need of polishing but I think I can finish Chapter 3 at the end of the month! Hopefully ><

Lol, Chapter 3 part 3 is getting longer and longer by the day -I didn't expect it to be more than 100 pages y'know @@

Meanwhile, I've just finished HP Goblet of Fire and boy, it's actually quite dark and even brutal at some scenes. The movie played it down quite a bit o.o;

Hmm anyways! I'm going to enjoy myself for a few days before I continue writing! You should too my friends x'D New Year is coming and that means fireworks & red envelopes! Yippeeeee~

That's it for now and see ya next week!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 1/1/2018

#191 Post by SweetChiel »

First of all, HAPPY NEW YEAR 2018 for everyone!! x'D
I hope your wishes/goals would have a smooth sail this year! Thank you for everyone who had supported me in 2017!

Hahah, I'm not sure what else to say but I sure hope Bermuda would be finished as scheduled!

I have a good news though! Chapter 3 part 3 is finished and we're ready to advance to Chapter 4!

Chapter 4 would have 2 story arcs; 1 in the Autumn Village & 1 in the Winter area. It also includes lots of branching scenes later so... Yup, very long script ahead!

I also have 2 special sneak peeks to celebrate today!

One is a part in Autumn River where the water is calm (mid-way to the lake)

And the other is the Spring Village's Town Square!

Lots of bright colours should be good to start the new year, eh? ;) I'm sure you've seen parts of the Autumn River BG in the early updates, but this would make it officially shown x'D

I'll be spending some time with my big family for around 2 days before I start writing & continue reading HP and the Deathly Hallows. Order of the Phoenix sure is something though o.o; the movie director really did a good job for the climax & ending parts! The book didn't describe much about Lord V's duel with Dumbledore but it's more detailed in other parts so I guess it's all balanced out!

Alright, that's it for now and I'm going off to my cousin's house today! See ya next week!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 1/8/2018

#192 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi-ya guys!
Last week was pretty challenging but I filled my quota in the end x'D Here's what I did:

1. Polished + added 2 small scenes (1,1k+ words) in Chapter 3 part 3:

2. Wrote 1 small scene + 1 big scene with 3 branches in Chapter 4 part 1 (3,6k+ words):

I still need to write 1 more scene + 3 branches before our group arrives at Autumn Village >< There would be lots of branching here since the story would start to focus more on the bachelor you chose before continuing with the main story.

The branches above didn't include the Antagonist's route though. His route would be written separately, which is quite a headache considering I already have lots to write :'))

3. The proofreaders and I have finished checking Chapter 3 part 1! I hope we can finish Chapter 3 at the end of January ~

Sadly, no sneak peek for today. BUT, I will release a sneak peek next week; a background of Spring Village's Castle Entrance + 2 early sneak peeks of its Hallway for my patrons.

This would be the last ones before a long duration of writing takes place.

That's it for now and I hope you'll have an awesome week! See ya next Monday!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 1/15/2018

#193 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi-ya guys, how was your week? I hope it's better than mine since I had quite a roller coaster last week :'))

You know that it's raining season now in Indonesia, right? Well, my pups are getting very bored these days and... they finally did something they shouldn't have -AND Juno is learning how to pee with one leg up, normal, but imagine the mess ^^;

In short, I have to clean up their mess and it's not pretty ~

I also had quite a lot of naps last week but I managed to finish writing the 3 branches (4k+ words):

It doesn't look much but there are multiple choices in there x_x I still have to do 1 more scene before the group arrive in the Autumn Village though.

I also did the usual polishing, especially for Chapter 4 part 1 and Chapter 3 part 3. I went back and forth quite a lot ><

Anyways! Here's the promised sneak peek of the Spring Village's Castle Front/Castle Entrance:

This one is the sketch!

Finished product:

I know my sketch doesn't look much x'D but it's all here in my head!

That's it for today & see ya next week! Hopefully this week will be better than the last~
xoxo,

SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#194 Post by SweetChiel »

UPDATE 1/22/2018!
Hi guys!
Last week was very intense :'D
Remember the scene I have to write before Maya's group arrive in the Autumn Village?

It ended up much longer than I expected ^^;; 7k+ words -a new record ><;

The branchings are going quite well though! There's a lot going on in here and there are some things in need of a good polishing, but overall, it turned out better than I expected~

The arc in the Autumn Village will be longer than the one in the Winter Area with lots of small events, so I doubt it will be finished at the end of the month -but let's just do what's best for the game instead of hurrying, eh?

Aside from that, the proofreaders has finished checking Chapter 3 part 2! They did a very good job and I'm very pleased with the good changes they brought (*^^*)

The only bad news is that my internet has no signs of recovery :S I had to borrow my mother's phone wi-fi to update these days.

Last but not least... No sneak peeks for now ~

For my patrons, I decided to try and make a few comic strips about behind the scenes & my daily life as a bonus + so I don't forget the feeling of pen tablet :')) It will be for $10 patrons today and then released for $5 patrons next week!

That's it for now and see ya next week!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

P.S. I haven't finished reading Harry Potter & Halfblooded Prince, but I watched The Greatest Showman! For those who haven't watched it, it's brilliant! QuQ

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 1/29/2018!

#195 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi guys, last week was horrible...

My mac's hard drive was dying on me at Tuesday morning, but fortunately, I managed to save Bermuda's files Q_Q

So here's the story:
At Tuesday, I wake up early and turned on my mac as usual while serving breakfast for my pups, but then the loading stopped at 70-ish % and then my mac suddenly shut down by itself. This happened multiple times and honestly, by then I was like being struck by lightning.

My mom and I went to several service stores then, and the first one said it's a hopeless case since the hard drive was dying/in a bad condition and they didn't provide a back up service.

(This is a photo I took, just so I can confirm with other service stores)

I was already preparing for the worst then. After that, we walked and drove to a second mall, and thankfully, we managed to find a service store that could read my hard drive!

My goodness, there was no words to describe how thankful I was. I thought I would have to re-write Chapter 4 part 1 and lost many .psd files, but no, thank God for having mercy T_T I dropped a few tears when a service boy managed to open my files' location. Bless him. Him and another worker also worked very fast, like, a little over a day and he re-installed everything I need + BootCamp (For windows since mac can't detect pressure for my pen tablet).

Besides changing the hard drive with a new one, I also bought a new external HDD with a memory of 1 Terra so I can make a new backup files there. It costed around $250 -and if it's not because of you guys, my dear indiegogos, lemmasoft readers, patrons, & donators -I might not be able to afford it! So really, thank you from the bottom of my heart QuQ

Alright, enough with the bad news!

Even though I was shaken, I managed to write around 4k+ words last week (3 small events + 1 general scene):

It's still a bit messy, but I reckon I can tidy it up later when I could schedule the events better. My heart is still shuddering from the after effects of having my mac & babies almost died on me Q^Q

I hope you guys backup your files regularly so you don't have to experience the same horror as I did.

See you next week!
xoxo,

SweetChiel