[IndieGoGo LIVE] Nusantara:Bermuda Triangle [GxB]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Piper
Regular
Projects: Refraction

Re: [IndieGoGo LIVE] Nusantara:Bermuda Triangle [GxB]

#271 Post by Piper »

Well Kah'lil is just plain adorable. ^_^ This all looks great! Best of luck, and I can't wait to try it~

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Nusantara: Legend of the Winged Ones
Deviantart: SweetChiel

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR! (Update 2/4/2018!)

#272 Post by SweetChiel »

Morning, guys!
Happy Chinese New Years and Happy Year of the Earth Pig for those who celebrates it!
Gong Xi Fat Cai! Angpao na lai~ x'D

Today is going to be a busy day though. My mom is planning to clean the house, bathe the dogs, wipe the furniture, and I also have another appointment with the dentist...

I'm going to be busy for the next few days too--many relatives to visit and my mom's friend apparently have a birthday on the 7th ><

Alright, with that said, here's my report of the weekly update:

I wrote 4.2k+ words! It was quite a ride, I've finally arrived at the 2nd major scene where there's some action happening, but there's going to be a whole bunch of conversation too... erm, and arguments--lots and lots of arguments :'))

But after that, we're going to be done with our 2nd checkpoint! Wooot! I'm a bit surprised, the plot pace is a bit faster than I expected, but I will do my best to polish it with my proofreaders ;)

Okay, I gotta go now! Lots of things to do and the first thing I need to do is bathe my dogs!

See you again next week! I hope you get lots of red envelopes this Chinese New Year! x'D
xoxo,

SweetChiel

-----------------------~(OuO)~-----------------------

Support me on:
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/SweetChiel
or buy me a Ko-Fi: https://ko-fi.com/sweetchiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 2/11/2019!

#273 Post by SweetChiel »

Morning, guys!
How did your week go?

Mine went really busy with red envelopes hunting x'D man, time does fly! One of my cousins is getting married already! If it goes well, the wedding will be held in August!

On the other hand, I also got painfully reminded how out of shape I am ^^; when things slowed down, I got a stiff back and my thighs hurts along with my ankles (darn you high heels!)

I also got a bit of a distracted from work, but hey! We only have these things once a year!

Still, I managed to steal some time to write and polish chapter 3 :

2.7k+ words! I also finished up the 2nd major event and we're very close to the ending of Chapter 3!

Chapter 4 will begin when Maya and co arrived in the Autumn Village! While I already planned for the early events, I'll need to look for more refreshing ideas for them before they go ahead and enter the Winter area ><

Alright, that's it for now and see you guys next week!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

Support me on:

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 2/18/2019!

#274 Post by SweetChiel »

Good morning and Happy late Valentine everyone!
How did your week go? I can't eat chocolate much due to my recent dentist visit, but I hope you had a sweet weekend! x'D

Other than that, I spent most of my time polishing chapter 3 so I can upload it for my proofreaders to check--and I did it!

I also made plans for Chapter 4 part 1 where Maya and co had to stay in the Autumn Village for about a month. Since your nerves would be pulled taut in Chapter 2 and 3, Chapter 4 will be a relaxing arc ^.^-

I've written an opening scene, but the rest are still in the form of a messy note.

BUT! Boy, am I glad to finally have the antagonist softened/not so mean anymore to Maya :'D he was a hard nut to crack--still is, but Chapter 4 and so on will have fluffs slipped here and there! YAY!

Overall, I can't wait to finish scriptwriting! 2 Chapters left until I can finally do the programming and drawing CGs! >///<

Wish me luck guys! Hopefully, I can write 10k+ words like before so we can finish this in a flash Q_Q (Meeting the weekly quota has been a bit hard these days OTL)

xoxo,

SweetChiel

Support me on:

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 2/25/2019!

#275 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi guys!
What's up? Did you have a great weekend?

Mine is so-so >< I was struggling with a little writing slump, but I somewhat managed to push through with force :'D

4.7k+ words! YAY!

The scenes in early Chapter 4 is a bit hard since they need to go from serious to humor and I need to figure out a way to make them work without making it feel awkward @@

This is important because this part is a turning point for the antagonist to finally warm up with Maya >< hmm, but honestly, I haven't gotten the right mood for the humor scenes. I need more references or maybe I'll look/re-read some comedic novels here and there--in any case, wish me luck! x'D

Ah, and it's been a while since I gave you a sneak peek, right? Here's a preview of Autumn Village's Square!

The reference I used is from Sade, Lombok ^.^

Now that I think about it, besides commissions, it's been a while since I last drew a BG or fanart... QuQ

I want to draw, but I need to focus on scriptwriting first! It's so close! Only 2 chapters left and we're done!

Alright, I'll stop here before I start ranting x'D
See you guys again next week!

xoxo,

SweetChiel

Support me on:

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 3/4/2019!

#276 Post by SweetChiel »

Good morning, guys!
How did your week go?
I got pretty hectic last week--I want to say that life is catching up to me, but no, it's more like crashing through like a freight train :'))

So many things happened, I lost count, but here's a few:

I went to a circus for the first time in my life, went to a huge book fair(Big Bad Wolf ICE BSD anyone?), and spent time with someone that might become someone special to me ><

*cough*

But more importantly, I managed to make some progress with scriptwriting and do some serious polishing to Arya's wolf CG and sprite!

2.3k + words! I wrote 2 events here, acting as pillows to soften the serious atmosphere before finally changing into a humor arc. Not quite satisfied with these scenes yet, but we're getting there.

My greatest achievement this week is polishing Arya's CG and wolf sprite though!

Here's before:

Honestly, I've always been disturbed by this CG--I mean, c'mon! Despite my effort to use soft-shading, it still looks flat. I didn't catch a wolf's characteristic very well here; not scary and not really majestic. I can do better than this! Heck, I have a siberian husky, so this is embarassing x'D

So I polished and polished... my laptop died once and I had to re-do it, but I think the result is worth it! Here's after:

I use cell-shading because it will get too realistic with smooth-shading x'D I also fixed its anatomy a bit, especially its hidden legs. Better, right?

As for his wolf sprite... I'll show it to only my patrons on my patreon for now x'D

Phew, that was a long week! I hope yours isn't as busy as mine and more fun!

That's all for now and see you next week!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

Support me on:

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 3/11/2019!

#277 Post by SweetChiel »

Hey, guys!
Did you have a good week? I hope so, because I had a very bad week... as in Very bad with capital 'V' x_x

I don't get sick easily, but once I do, it's the kind that sticks with me and all kinds of persistent!

Remember when I said things got pretty hectic last week? Well, it seems like I tire myself, resulting in coughs, migraine, runny nose, and slight fever ^^; it's silly once you think I get sick because my stamina is so pitiful, it can't handle getting out so often.

I was supposed to write humorous scenes last week, but having a headache, runny nose, and feeling like something continuously scratch the back of your neck are anything but pleasant OTL

I also have a nightmare last night; involving getting chased by a serial killer in an amusement park--there are children there! Just how twisted is that Q__Q *shudder

But the good news is that I managed to get the fever out by Friday and wrote 4 small humor scenes! 2.7k+ words in total.

It's not as much as I'd like to, but hey, progress every week >:'D

Oh, now that I think of it, we're more than halfway done with Autumn Arc! Do you think it's quite fast? slow? normal? o.o

Personally, I think the antagonist route won't be as complicated or as long as the main bachelors route *because you practically have solved the mystery there and antagonist route is like a bonus route where we fill in small holes + you get to interact with the bad guy xD*

Welp, I better stop here before I start ranting again or spoiling the fun >< I'll focus on getting better for now--the coughs and runny nose are annoying!

Stay healthy and see you guys next week!

xoxo,

SweetChiel

Support me on:

aliciarune
Regular

#278 Post by aliciarune »

@SweetChiel I've been following this for a while. It's amazing what you've done so far and I'm excited to see it done. I'm sorry you were sick though. Take a break if you need it. Your health is far more important. But again, keep up the good work =D

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#279 Post by SweetChiel »

aliciarune wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:11 pm @SweetChiel I've been following this for a while. It's amazing what you've done so far and I'm excited to see it done. I'm sorry you were sick though. Take a break if you need it. Your health is far more important. But again, keep up the good work =D
Thanks for dropping by, aliciarune!
It makes me happy to hear you've been following me >///< that's so sweet of you--and thank you for the concern!*hugs
I'm already way better than I did on Tuesday, but this cough is not stopping yet ^^; I'll definitely try to get this out of my system this week! You too, take care and drink lots of water! The weather isn't so friendly these days ><

xoxo,
SweetChiel

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#280 Post by Zelan »

Hi SweetChiel c:

I've been following this project since it was first announced and even though I haven't really commented, I really admire you for committing to such a huge project and working on it every single week! It's amazing how much progress you make every week, even when you have to deal with setbacks.

I hope you feel better soon! <3

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#281 Post by SweetChiel »

Zelan wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:22 am Hi SweetChiel c:

I've been following this project since it was first announced and even though I haven't really commented, I really admire you for committing to such a huge project and working on it every single week! It's amazing how much progress you make every week, even when you have to deal with setbacks.

I hope you feel better soon! <3
Hi, Zelan!
Aww you guys are making me feel all warm & fuzzy for dropping by and wishing me to get well soon >////<
I managed to get this far because of your support, so really, thank YOU! ^///^ I'm really glad to hear many people are following and reading the updates *hugs

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 3/18/2019!

#282 Post by SweetChiel »

Morning, guys!
I overslept today, but uhh, happy Monday! ><

I have 90% recovered from being ill! There's still some leftover coughs, but it's only itchy, not hurting at all.

But the most important of all, we're almost finished with Autumn Arc!

I wrote 3.2k+ words last week! Plus, I changed a few things in Chapter 3, the usual polishing ^.^)/

I'm quite satisfied with the humor going in Chapter 4, but we'll see. Some things could be improved, so I'll go back and forth as usual, but the deciding factor would be when I program the script. The flow would be visible then and I always have to change a few things x'D for now, I'll just strive to write everything I had in mind!

How about you guys? How did your week go?
On a side note, I splurged a bit this week @@ gotta stop spending and start saving again ><;

Oh, and it's been a while since I gave you a BGM sneak peek, right? Here's another one to start the day with a calm heart ^.^

https://soundcloud.com/alcaknight/pianoguitar-d...

(I can't embed the BGM here so I'll just share the direct soundcloud link ><)

xoxo,
SweetChiel

Support me on:

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 3/25/2019!

#283 Post by SweetChiel »

Morning guys!
Phew, a lot of things happened last week, I almost lose track of it ^^;

1.) Intense polishing & editing of Chapter 3
2.) Learning & Preparing Nusantara Winged Ones' BGM/Soundtrack DLC Pack!
3.) I wrote a total of 2.1k+ words:

600 words for Chapter 4 part 1!

1.6k+ words for Chapter 4 part 2!

I didn't mean to skip a chapter, but there are scenes I need to write right away before my brilliant idea is forgotten x'D

Chapter 4 part 1 will be done after 1 or 2 more scenes, but I'm not quite satisfied with it yet though. I know it could be better, so I'll definitely polish it later!

Other than that...

Two of my mom's friends were giving birth; one boy and one girl! Congratulations! -^.^)/ I also attended a wedding on Sunday--love is really in the air this month!

Iwent out a lot last week and saw a lot of people is pregnant/carrying babies o.o

There's also an embarrassing thing happened on Friday, but uh, let's just say I ended up having an epic fail & hurt my knee in the progress ^^;

Life has been busy, but I'm really excited because I'm going to the Zoo tomorrow!! *happy bounce* God knows it's been ages since I last went into one x'D

I'm also not sick anymore so things has been going up~ However, I'll need to be more diligent next week >< I have to write more and set a date for Winged Ones' BGM/Soundtrack DLC pack.

How about you guys? I hope you also had a great week OuO let's work hard again this week!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

Support me on:

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 4/1/2019!

#284 Post by SweetChiel »

Morning guys!
How was your week? Mine was very eventful, something surprising happened--but as usual, let's start with last week's progress:

1.4k+ words for Chapter 4 part 1!

300 words for Chapter 4 part 2!

I only need one more scene before I'm finished with Autumn Arc and move on to Winter Arc! ^.^)/

I also did the usual polishing + started making notes for the Spring Arc/Climax scene.

Oh! One more thing I'm happy about is the changes/improvement I made with the beach background! Here's before:

Here's after:

Of course, the changes included the morning and afternoon version, but I'll show it only to my patrons on my patreon for now~

Other than that, I'm still preparing for Winged Ones' steam DLC pack, like; asking for the composers' permission to distribute their music, licence, etc.

Honestly speaking, I'm barely making enough to go by every month so the fund I'm getting from the DLC pack will be saved into my emergency fund >< be it for Bermuda's funding or for my bills.

In addition, I currently have a new side job: assisting my friend coloring a simple animation! The animation is going to be a music cover or something, but man, a lot of images to color for sure!

As for the surprising event...

Remember when I told you I was going to the zoo last week? After that, uh, um--let's just say spring has finally come to me? >////<

Eeep!

*cough*

Alright, I hope you guys had a great week!
The weather had been crazy hot these days so don't forget to take care of yourself and drink lots!

That's it for now and see you again next week!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

Support me on:

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 4/8/2019!

#285 Post by SweetChiel »

Morning, guys~
How did your week go?

I'm still mainly busy with helping my friend coloring a simple animation, but I'm proud to say that the Autumn Arc is finished!

I wrote around 6k+ words last week!

I also did some intense polishing, which was really tiring 'coz I went back and forth from Chapter 4 to Chapter 3 more than usual x_x I also wrote more important notes for Chapter 5.

Things are looking up for the antagonist route, but I kept feeling like there's something I could do better at chapter 4. It's an important turning point for our antagonist, so I worry about a lot of things; like, will the transition between Autumn Arc and Winter Arc turn well? Does their interaction make sense? Are the characters OOC? and so on.

...Hmm, now that I think about it, I think I'll need to write an extra ending scene for Autumn Arc to make the transition to the Winter Arc smoother! ^^;

Okay, I'll stop there before my ramblings turn into spoilers x'D

Thanks for reading and here's hoping we'll have another productive week!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

Support me on: