[IndieGoGo LIVE] Nusantara:Bermuda Triangle [GxB]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Nusantara: Legend of the Winged Ones
Deviantart: SweetChiel

UPDATE 8/20/2018!

#241 Post by SweetChiel »

Hey, guys!
How did your week go? Mine was great -though I somewhat feel guilty for not working much ><

Now, without further ado, here's what I did last week:

- I polished the romantic scenes
- Made a song lyric for Hototo
, one of our superbacker's bard OC! It's kind of a mix of poem and riddles, I hope I did it justice :'))

I also pretty much reorganized the scenes' order.

Other than those...

I also got myself a gift; the remastered version of Hakuoki! *happydance*

The game's size is something else! I think this is the first time I saw a game surpassing 20GB :')) I just finished the download today, so aside from enjoying myself, I hope I'll get some juicy grammar/vocab reference from it~

Last but not least --I'm sorry! I told you I will release the free .psd file on 18th August, but it went past through my mind since I was spending time with my family ^^;;

You can get your free .psd file Here:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/20862736

https://c1.iggcdn.com/indiegogo-media-p ... pqi8mp.jpg

Thanks again for the well wishes, guys! As always, feel free to ask anything or drop comments here!

xoxo,

SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 8/27/2018!

#242 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi guys! How did your week go?
Mine was so-so ><

- I wrote 3.1k+ words, this includes the last scene for Hototo's Superbacker and a bad end.

The story has progressed to the point where Maya is going to meet the antagonist and... honestly speaking, I'm not looking forward writing the fighting scene & the bad ends ^^; the fighting scene is a bit hard since it needs to be better than the last ones, but the real problem is the bad ends!

There are some gory details and blood so I often write until late with a scary music to get into the mood --in the end, I got pretty depressed & scared by myself :')) Aaaah, even though the result is better than expected, I don't like writing bad ends! There are 4 bad ends though, so 1 down, 3 more to go...

- Nevertheless! With this, the Superbackers' scenes are all finished! Yay! x'D It was fun working with you guys <3

- Aside from the usual polishing, I also changed some things in Chapter 4 part 1.

- In addition, I also found some decent SFXs & awesome BGMs last week!

There's a sad news though...

Crystal Liu got overwhelmed with multiple projects and school so she dropped out from the proofreading, leaving me with 1 proofreader, KrystalFlare :'(

I'm not sure whether to recruit another proofreader or not --they'll have to read all chapters from start to finish and I'm afraid they'll be far behind if not overwhelmed x_x

What do you guys think? please leave a comment below to help me think this through ><

xoxo,

SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 9/3/2018!

#243 Post by SweetChiel »

Hey, guys! What's up?
I have a good news today!

Last week I went to a mountain and isolated myself to focus on script writing! (not literally x'D just in my humble house) And lo and behold! I wrote 6,1k+ words!

There are two reasons why I write so much:

1. We're getting close to Chapter 5's climax! Wooooooot! x'D I only need to write 2 scenes and then the fighting scene with the antagonist will begin! Of course, depending on whose route you're in, the fighting scene will turn out different! Plot-wise, I have to separate the fighting scene into 2, so... 8 scenes until we reach the ending! *happydance

2. I got background commissions! I usually don't accept any commissions since I need to focus on Bermuda, but my new boss is very understanding to let me make only 1 background per week and the coloring type is pastel with not much shading so I think it won't be too hard to slip the time for these :'3

Oh, OH!
On top of the good news, I also managed to get a new proofreader! Her nickname is Kii*Anima, English is her first language and she's a graduate from an English degree, so I'm really, really happy her schedule is open and willing to help with the proofread! *happydance

Let's welcome her with a warm welcome, guys! *cueclaps&cheers

To celebrate, let's hear a special BGM that I'll be using in the Spring Village!

I hope you guys are as happy as I do -^.^- really one heck of a week! For now, I'll do my best adapting to the new schedule & take my time writing the fighting scenes.

That's it for now and see ya next week!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 9/10/2018!

#244 Post by SweetChiel »

Hey, guys!
How did your week go? Mine was exhausting x_x

I wrote 6k+ words and finished up the first meeting with Antagonist scene! It was quite an intense scene and I think my brain almost have a cramp from organizing the flow of the conversation :'D

There's just so many things I want to write there and it's not even the battle scene! I ended up listening to lots of horror music to get the right mood :')) ah, but one good thing is our composers have great BGMs to accompany this important scene, so look forward to it!

I also did a major polishing in Chapter 5; particularly about the commas --I thought commas can only be used AFTER 'but' --it turns out we can use it AFTER and BEFORE :')) Kii*Anima have lots to do to cover my mistakes and we're planning to re-polish ALL Chapter again just to make sure we missed nothing/as little as possible and other tidbits, so wish us luck!

Alright, now it's been a while since I last give out a sneak peek, right? Here's a big one!

Are you happy? Finally a sneak peek about other mythical beings that resides in the Forgotten Isles! x'D

Also, my Patreon finally hits 3 digits! *happydance* and to celebrate, I want to give out a .psd file for ALL my patrons!

Behold! My all-time-favorite actor! Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow! >///< I always admire him for being able to act many different characters --and I swear, his face could shift shape or something!

Did you know that he also played Willy Wonka from Chocolate Factory and the Wolf from Into the Woods?

*cough*

Okay, I'll stop here before my ramblings get worse x'D

...In any case, I'm really grateful to you guys QuQ

Patreon has covered many deficits and expenditures, be it for the game or personal --like, I could feed my pups so they stay healthy and fat, help with the bills whenever it ran short, and I can work at home!

Of course, the support I get from backers and people willing to wait patiently are something I can't buy with money, so I'm really thankful too for thatQ__Q

I never imagine to have so many wonderful people willing to support me for a whole year, so really, THANK YOU! *bows*

Alright, I'm sure your eyes are tired now from reading x'D
See you again next week, my darlings!

xoxo,

SweetChiel

chiharuchi
Regular

Re: [IndieGoGo LIVE] Nusantara:Bermuda Triangle [GxB]

#245 Post by chiharuchi »

Haaaaiiiii! Been awhile since you get comments or maybe not. Just sending some spirit and smiles your way. :D I am sooo looking forward to it *sighs* It's gonna be good. I can be harsh at times in criticizing and taste but lately it's almost as if that's gone now cuz I've seen so many good games (Thinking emoji). Er the point is that I didn't have problems enjoying your first game, I am very excited to play ypur second one. I have given up on fanfictions A LOT of times since they were just immature, unreadable with so many flaws, I was just correcting them rather than enjoy the story. So my point, you're gonna make a great game Chiel! Also we're living pretty close I think. Neighbouring countries. :}

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#246 Post by SweetChiel »

chiharuchi wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:55 pm Haaaaiiiii! Been awhile since you get comments or maybe not. Just sending some spirit and smiles your way. :D I am sooo looking forward to it *sighs* It's gonna be good. I can be harsh at times in criticizing and taste but lately it's almost as if that's gone now cuz I've seen so many good games (Thinking emoji). Er the point is that I didn't have problems enjoying your first game, I am very excited to play ypur second one. I have given up on fanfictions A LOT of times since they were just immature, unreadable with so many flaws, I was just correcting them rather than enjoy the story. So my point, you're gonna make a great game Chiel! Also we're living pretty close I think. Neighbouring countries. :}
Hi chiharuchi! It's certainly been a while! X'D
I'm glad to hear you got to read/play many good games! My new proofreader is an English graduate, so we will definitely do our best so you won't have to correct grammars and so you can enjoy yourself!

Thank you again for encouraging me :'D it's always great to hear someone is excited and willing to wait -even after so long!

And... are you in Malaysia? O.o I've been there once, but even if you're not, we will always be good neighbors! X'D

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 9/17/2018!

#247 Post by SweetChiel »

Hey, guys! What's up?
Last week, a lot of things happened ><

- I wrote 7.5k+ words and boy, was it intense or what ^^;;

There are a lot of action scenes going on here. Maya also needs to meet 4 important characters first before confronting the Antagonist again. A lot of information is going on here and the fighting + action scenes are giving me a headache, both in writing and programming sense, but I'm sure I can do it given enough time and polishing!

- I'm planning to try and release Winged Ones on Steam. I have a lot to do like getting to know the tax system/contract, learn how to upload the game, how to include achievements, etc. This is going to help me a lot later if I want Bermuda to launch on Steam without a hitch. If things going well, I'm going to distribute Steam keys instead of itch.io keys.

Kii*Anima also plans to proofread Winged Ones first before we upload it on Steam so wish us luck!

- Meanwhile, as I progress with the background commission, I also polished some of Bermuda's Backgrounds.

It's not much, but I hope to enhance them better ><

I also plan to make more backgrounds later for particular scenes. Maybe I can do them at the same time I make the CGs!

In any case, script writing takes priority for now! As long as this is finished, I can zoom through drawing CGs and programming!

I really do feel bad for making you wait, but I need to keep up the writing quality, so please bear with this slow-as-a-snail me Q_Q

Thank you for reading! That's it for now and see you again next week!

xoxo,

SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 9/24/2018!

#248 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi, guys! How's your week?
Mine is filled with headache and editing :'))

I wrote 6.4k+ words!
Among the 4 people Maya need to talk to, 2 is somewhat done. I sometimes confuse myself with the complexity of the story x_x I'm really struggling, trying to find the right flow of the conversations, but I reckon I won't be going anywhere if I stress about it so I'll make rough drafts for now. O boy, there's going to be some intense polishing!

On the other hand, my new boss, the background commissioner, I assume he's very happy with the result of my work so he decided to add 3 more backgrounds to the list --and maybe 2 more if it's as planned as in his email x'D

Last but not least, do you remember this?

It's been a while since I posted any big previews, so I'm finally going to uncover them in my patreon! 2 for my $10 patrons and 1 for my $5 patrons!

Don't worry though, I'm going to give you guys a 50% preview the next week x'D

Now then, I'm planning to increase my work hour so I hope we could get to the fighting scenes next week -wish me luck and see you guys again!

xoxo,

SweetChiel

Bouki
Regular

#249 Post by Bouki »

Hey there, wanted to comment right before your weekly update to send some positive energy in your way!
I usually try to not play the demos since I have the tendency to get a bit obsessed and just can't wait until the release, but I couldn't resist the urge and played it today. In all honesty, the quality of it surprised me!
For a goody-two-shoes like me, the description of Maya wasn't that impressive as the MC at first, but I quickly realized how she just has different strenghts and weaknesses, as well as a unique perspective. At the end of the demo, I thought she was just admirable with the effort she puts in for the sake of the things important to her. Props to you for telling the stories of varying people, I feel like I've gotten over some prejudice I didn't even know I had in the first place and I thank you for that :D
I also think your writing has gotten even better after your first game, for oftentimes I've found myself just stopping to appreciate how conversation flowed so easily. I played lots of visual novels these past few days, and Bermuda not going into straight "Oh this guy is hot I like him now" mode was really... appreciated. Maya's feelings and thoughts felt all justified, and very well conveyed, with the story's pacing just right in my opinion.
As for the guys, I checked my latest comment and saw that I wrote "none of the guys were my cup of tea, but I would probably be charmed by them after playing". Well guess what? I want all of them now. And I mean ALL. (My favorite is still Guntur though, he is just... aaaaaaaaah) They all are awesome in their own unique way, especially without falling under a certain "trope", I believe that's the main quality of a well written story. Alas, I am so happy that we are a travelling party, therefore we get a lot of interaction which is just hilarious.
Other than that? Art? Awesome. World? I just love when it is a saga set in the same world and we get to see some familiar faces while learning new things.
Mysterious and magical setting? Cheeeeck. Only thing I want is to see more of Arya's swearing, Khalil's ear twitching, and Guntur blushing.
Only criticism-like thing I might say is, Guntur's usual pose and his smoking sprite somehow felt drawn in different style, with his first pose having sharper lines. I don't know anything about art, but I think that was the only thing that felt off to me in the whole demo. Hope it is somewhat constructive, I dunno.
All in all, reaaaaally thank you for this story, congrats on your progress in art and writing, and godspeed 'till this project ends! :)

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#250 Post by SweetChiel »

Bouki wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:25 pm Hey there, wanted to comment right before your weekly update to send some positive energy in your way!
I usually try to not play the demos since I have the tendency to get a bit obsessed and just can't wait until the release, but I couldn't resist the urge and played it today. In all honesty, the quality of it surprised me!
For a goody-two-shoes like me, the description of Maya wasn't that impressive as the MC at first, but I quickly realized how she just has different strenghts and weaknesses, as well as a unique perspective. At the end of the demo, I thought she was just admirable with the effort she puts in for the sake of the things important to her. Props to you for telling the stories of varying people, I feel like I've gotten over some prejudice I didn't even know I had in the first place and I thank you for that :D
I also think your writing has gotten even better after your first game, for oftentimes I've found myself just stopping to appreciate how conversation flowed so easily. I played lots of visual novels these past few days, and Bermuda not going into straight "Oh this guy is hot I like him now" mode was really... appreciated. Maya's feelings and thoughts felt all justified, and very well conveyed, with the story's pacing just right in my opinion.
As for the guys, I checked my latest comment and saw that I wrote "none of the guys were my cup of tea, but I would probably be charmed by them after playing". Well guess what? I want all of them now. And I mean ALL. (My favorite is still Guntur though, he is just... aaaaaaaaah) They all are awesome in their own unique way, especially without falling under a certain "trope", I believe that's the main quality of a well written story. Alas, I am so happy that we are a travelling party, therefore we get a lot of interaction which is just hilarious.
Other than that? Art? Awesome. World? I just love when it is a saga set in the same world and we get to see some familiar faces while learning new things.
Mysterious and magical setting? Cheeeeck. Only thing I want is to see more of Arya's swearing, Khalil's ear twitching, and Guntur blushing.
Only criticism-like thing I might say is, Guntur's usual pose and his smoking sprite somehow felt drawn in different style, with his first pose having sharper lines. I don't know anything about art, but I think that was the only thing that felt off to me in the whole demo. Hope it is somewhat constructive, I dunno.
All in all, reaaaaally thank you for this story, congrats on your progress in art and writing, and godspeed 'till this project ends! :)
Hi Bouki! Gotta say you really made my day since your post is the first thing I saw right after I woke up!
I'm really happy you like the demo! Especially when you said you like all the guys now x'D and yes! I'm hoping to send off many different messages in Bermuda and I hope you'll discover them little by little, like now :'3
I'm also happy you think my writing got better! *hugs* it's all because you guys are so patient with me and I have my proofreaders to thank so I can deliver this baby of mine as perfect as I can to you ^.^- but of course, there are always rooms for improvements! Like, I really need to step up my writing speed ><;;

As for Guntur's pose, yes, I admit I'm having a little hard time adjusting it >< I made that pose months after I made his first pose, so I'm sure there's a bit of a lag there. I also have a fighting pose to make, but I'll do my best to make the quality look as similar as possible! *If not, I'll just hope your eyes adjust to it? //hammer *cough
As always, thank you for your endless support! You being here is what drives to progress the most and I appreciate the time you took to comment here every now and then ^.^-

Alright, I gotta get some breakfast before posting my update now, so... see you again later!
Xoxo,

SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 10/1/2018!

#251 Post by SweetChiel »

Hey, guys! What's up?
Last week was a blast for me and I hope you too!

First of all, I wrote 11k+ words last week! x'D Finally, Maya is going to start the march to battle the antagonist! *dunduun* Of course, depending on which route you are, this will branch into 3 different paths. There are different fighting scenes too -which is a headache for me but it will definitely worth it!

But, I think the most exciting news is that I managed to register at Steamworks! *happytears* I didn't have the courage, bank account, tax information, nor fund before, but your support made this all possible! Q_Q There's little I can do to show my thanks to you, but believe me, if I could, I'll rain kisses on every one of you >///<- this is such an emotional moment for me!

But of course, I'll need to wait until Kii*Anima finished proofreading Winged Ones for one last time before I learn how to upload the game to Steam x'D she's doing really well, but my other proofreader is having a bit of a trouble with her computer so let's hope nothing bad happened to her ><;

Alright, now I'm sure you've been waiting! Here's the 50% preview for both Dragons as I promised!

These beautiful creatures are so fun to design! Again, I can't wait to finish this so you can tell me your thoughts and read your reviews but there are still work to do before we get to that point *sigh*

However, isn't this a happy week for both of us? I made a lot of progress and you got a lot of sneak peeks! x'D

Let's hope this good vibe continues!
That's it for now and see you guys next week!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 10/8/2018!

#252 Post by SweetChiel »

Hey guys, what's up?
Last week was a struggle for me :'))

I wrote 4.9k+ words, This is only the 'marching into the castle' scenes + re-polishing the things I weren't quite satisfied with --not the fighting scenes yet OTL

I wanted to keep the pace up, but I'm having a trouble with the battle variations ><; BUT! I stepped back and collected the right materials for this -I just need to start somewhere and stop being intimidated... I think I'm going to isolate myself this week so I can focus on writing + listening to the BGMs I'm planning to use for the fighting scenes.

Now then, because I didn't write much last week, I used my free time to make 2 background linearts! They're the 'bonuses' I told you before, remember? More backgrounds are to be made to compensate Bermuda's lateness and at the same time, they will enhance the story flow better! Killing two birds with one stone!

The two I made are going to be used in the Autumn Village :D
Here's one:

This one is a living room based off Sasak's traditional house! More sneak peeks can be found in my Patreon, including the references I used :3

On the other hand, Winged Ones' proofreading is going great! We're fixing the loopholes too so I hope things will go well in Steam later ><

Gosh, so much to do but so little time! I wish there are 48 hours a day instead of 24 :'D I do hope your week went better than mine though!

Alright, thanks for reading & see you again next week! Wish me luck so I can make awesome fighting scenes!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 10/15/2018!

#253 Post by SweetChiel »

Good morning, guys!
Today, you're up for some good news!

First up, I can't believe I wrote 16k+ words last week :'D I broke the record again! Pat my back by pressing the 'like' button or ':D' in case you're reading this on Indiegogo x'D

The final battle is just so long, I divided it into 2 parts with so many branches I'm having a headache (fighting variations depending on whose route you're in)! Now, I finally got to the part where the bachelors are going to give the final hit to the antagonist -of course, branching again depending on whose route you're in.

This is probably the longest and exhausting fighting scene I ever wrote OTL.

I also finished coloring last week's living room line art! The early sneak peek is for my patrons on my Patreon for now, but I'm going to show it to you next week ^.^-

For now, I'll show you the 2nd line art I haven't shown you yet:

The reference I used is still from Sade Village, Lombok! This one is going to be a Village Square... or um... Village Hall? It's where the villagers gather to discuss or even eat together when there's a big event/occasion!

Meanwhile, my proofreader is giving a final checkup to Winged Ones' script ^.^ it won't be long now until she finished I think. But, I'm not going to prepare for Steam until I finish Bermuda's 3 main routes so don't hold your breath ><

Last but not least, I have an important decision to announce:

Last week, besides writing one hell of a fighting scene, I talked to my friend and she encouraged me to put a price on Winged Ones in Steam since it's a commercial platform. You know that Steam now charge $100 for every game now instead of the old $100 for as many games as we can upload, right?

So... here's the deal; I've decided to put $5 on Winged Ones on Steam with additions of 'achivements' and maybe 'trading cards', BUT! I will still update the version on itch.io and it will still be free/pay what you want ^.^

Also, I'm going to send Winged Ones' Steam Keys to my patrons, indiegogo backers, and old friends on Lemmasoft (just send me a message on the forum, after I check, I will send out a key to your email). Not a bad news right?

Alright, that's it for now! I'm going to have a nice rest for a few days before I continue writing x_x I'm really beat.

See you all next week!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 10/22/2018!

#254 Post by SweetChiel »

Hey guys!

thanks for the pats on the back last week! I got a lot of rest and we're finally, finally at the point where the 3 main routes are about to be finished!

After writing 4.4k+ words and lots of polishing, it's finally time to write the 3 Bad Ends and 3 Epilogues! Gah, so much angst to do now, but so much fluff for the epilogues ><

1 of the 3 bad ends also needs to be re-drafted so I think I'm going to re-read some of my old fanfics for inspiration and setting the right mindset to write all this @@ ...The final battle also needs more polishing so... it's the usual guys x'D more writing and polishing next week!

Well, aside from writing, I also painted a 4th dragon for Bermuda. This is the last one and sneak peeks will only be available for my patrons on Patreon for now ^.^)/

Alright, I'm sure my details about writing are pretty dull, so here's the preview I promised last week!

Here you go!
How is it compared to the reference? Not bad, right? :D

The reference is from Sade, Lombok! Mine is a bit darker, but I think it's normal since their roof needs to be tight to prevent leakings from rain & they only have candles for light sources.

That's it for now and wish me luck for this seemingly endless script writing! x'D
Oh and you can also buy me a Ko-Fi now to help me stay up late!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

Patreon link: https://www.patreon.com/SweetChiel/
Ko-Fi link: https://ko-fi.com/A0A0KL48

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 10/29/2018!

#255 Post by SweetChiel »

Good morning, guys!
Halloween is just around the corner! Did you prepare for treat or trick? xD

I'm going to treat myself to some movies later, but for now, I have a good news for you~

I finished writing all 3 main routes' Bad Ends! The total is 5k+ words, but boy, gotta say it turned out better than I expected ><; watching Corpse Party's bad ends sure helps with the mood --man, they really have great voice actors! I already watched them but I still get the chills when I watched it again last week!

But with this, all that's left are the Epilogues and the Antagonist Route! *blows confetti* are you guys happy? I sure am! We had went through a lot and the 3 main routes are about to be finished! *inner scream*

I'm planning to finish the Epilogues this week, polish it, and hand it to my proofreaders next Monday ^.^- so I can focus on learning tutorial videos about Steam's SDK/software; particularly about how to upload them and about making Trading Cards. Winged Ones are going to be released on Steam, remember? Hopefully it can quench your thirst for now >< Bermuda still have some ways to go after all... *cries*

Sadly there's no sneak peek today :'3 gotta have some stock for programming period!

Alright, that's it for now and see you guys again!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

-----------------------~(OuO)~-----------------------

Support me on:
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/SweetChiel
or buy me a Ko-Fi: https://ko-fi.com/sweetchiel