[IndieGoGo LIVE] Nusantara:Bermuda Triangle [GxB]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Nusantara: Legend of the Winged Ones
Deviantart: SweetChiel

UPDATE 05/29/2017

#121 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi guys!
Can you believe it's 3 days left before the campaign starts!?
Ugh, I think I'm overthinking this, but I've been unable to focus this weeks since I'm worried about it x_x;;

Last week, I spent my time:
- Polishing the demo from my patron's feedbacks
- Polishing the campaign draft page
- Uploading the demos at my itch.io & hide it for now (I had to re-upload it a few times because my internet was PMS-ing and then I stupidly forgot to add my logo to my splash screen)
- Finished 1 scenery background
- And finally, the teaser video is finished after a quick revision by Albert! Boy, I love that guy so much x'DD

Now, I don't think I can do anything much until my campaign starts -honestly, I'm too excited and worried about it that at Wednesday(or is it Friday?), I ended up binge eating (stress-eating) and the next day, I suddenly felt not like eating, almost fasting in the process :'))

I think I'm preparing my heart if the campaign doesn't work out x'D

*cough*

Anyways!

Today's sneak peek is about a particular bouncer called Bayu!

I've only posted a small picture of him with his sunglasses, so here's a big picture of him without it!

Fun facts about him:
- He is partially blind due to a past injury at his left eye (black eye + a deep wound under his eye)
- He is Maya's childhood friend who moved away at 6 and returned 13 years later. He met Maya again during his job interview at Red Lily Bar.
- He is taken (who is the girlfriend, you ask? Find out at the demo :p)
- He is usually a serious person, but turned into a mushy teenager in front of his girlfriend.
- Both afraid and respected said girlfriend's father.
- His hair is originally black. It got highlighted with red during his 'rebelling phase'

Lastly, my $10 patrons will get a peek at Bayu's embarassing early designs today!

my patreon: https://www.patreon.com/SweetChiel

That's it for today guys! x'D
See you again later at my Indiegogo Campaign!

xoxo,
SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

COUNTDOWN!

#122 Post by SweetChiel »

Alright! Let the countdown begins!

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

COUNTDOWN!

#123 Post by SweetChiel »

2 days left...!

Averxy
Regular
Completed: Heartbaked, Ellaria: Cotton & Cream, Plain
Projects: Toil & Trouble, Twisted
Organization: fablesoft.itch.io
Tumblr: FablesoftStudios

Re: Nusantara:Bermuda Triangle Genre [GxB] [Fantasy] [Advent

#124 Post by Averxy »

You must be so excited for your IndieGoGo!! I wish I could help, but since I can't I'll just send you all the good luck I can!!
Completed: Heartbaked, Ellaria: Cotton & Cream, Plain
WIP: Toil & Trouble, Twisted
Check out Arena Circus, The Pretenders Guild, and Mnemonic Devices by Minyan!

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

COUNTDOWN!!

#125 Post by SweetChiel »

Almost here! >__<;;

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Nusantara:Bermuda Triangle Genre [GxB] [Fantasy] [Advent

#126 Post by SweetChiel »

Averxy wrote:You must be so excited for your IndieGoGo!! I wish I could help, but since I can't I'll just send you all the good luck I can!!
I am!! *gasping with worry & excitement* it's getting silly how I can't seem to focus on anything right now ><;;
Oh and don't worry! You can help by sharing the words of my campaign later! O///u///O

As always, thanks for visiting Averxy!

xoxo,
SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

INDIEGOGO CAMPAIGN IS HERE!

#127 Post by SweetChiel »

Our IndieGoGo campaign is now live!

Come check it out & try the demo <3 If you like it, please consider supporting us in IndieGoGo
https://igg.me/at/BermudaVN

gothicat

Re: [IndieGoGo LIVE] Nusantara:Bermuda Triangle Genre [GxB]

#128 Post by gothicat »

I really hope I get paid soon so I can grab an early copy. Hopefully the paypal ones will last for a couple more days.

I have a few questions though:
- I despise steam. So even if you do manage to get the game on steam, is it still possible to get an itch.io key instead of a steam one? Otherwise I'll have to wait until the game is out instead and get a copy through itch.io that way.
- Even after the month is up, will you still accept more funds from paypal? Just in case I can't get an early copy and choose to save for another option instead, which might make have to wait until next month. The walkthrough perk is tempting.

Other than that, best of luck with this! I really hope you can hit the 6800$ mark. Gale looks positevely divine.

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#129 Post by SweetChiel »

gothicat wrote:I really hope I get paid soon so I can grab an early copy. Hopefully the paypal ones will last for a couple more days.

I have a few questions though:
- I despise steam. So even if you do manage to get the game on steam, is it still possible to get an itch.io key instead of a steam one? Otherwise I'll have to wait until the game is out instead and get a copy through itch.io that way.
- Even after the month is up, will you still accept more funds from paypal? Just in case I can't get an early copy and choose to save for another option instead, which might make have to wait until next month. The walkthrough perk is tempting.

Other than that, best of luck with this! I really hope you can hit the 6800$ mark. Gale looks positevely divine.
Hi gothicat!
Thanks for visiting & sharing your enthusiasm! x'D
Don't worry about the paypal ones, there are still more than half left and I doubt it will suddenly gone next week~

My answer for your other questions:
- Yes! Don't worry, if you want itch.io key instead of Steam key, I will provide them for you :D thank you for the good question! I added some sentences under the Project Plan in case someone else has the same question as you.
- Yes again, the paypal shop will still be open after a month! In fact, if the main campaign goal is reached, my Indiegogo page will have a 'In Demand' status and will keep accepting funds until... forever I think? They didn't really write until when. I guess this means Indiegogo can be my other 'store' aside from itch.io/Steam :'))

And thank you! I hope so too x'D Aaah, I have so many things in store to write <3

Thanks again for visiting and see you later!
xoxo,
SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 06/05/2017

#130 Post by SweetChiel »

To celebrate the campaign, I prepared a lots of sneak peeks today!
What I did last week:
- Revised typos & the Spanish translation
- Fixed a bug + updated the demo
- Did 5 forest variations for Summer forest C & D
- 2 sketches for a Spring village.

I was planning to write script this month, but there are some backgrounds(BGs) I have to finish first >< I finished the majority of forest BGs I needed, not all their variations yet, but... now I'm only left with buildings BGs & 1 winter BG to do *cries*

If you're wondering what is 'Background variations':

However, there are some BGs that has more variation than Morning, Afternoon, & Night. What is that, you ask? It's a secret~

As for what kind of buildings BGs I'm currently making, here's a sneak peek of one of the Spring village sketches I made last week:
*Note: The finished product may differ from sketch*

Was it fun to make the sketch? YAY! But was it also fun coloring it? NAY!!

Seriously, I thought my back will give up on me T.T I have a habit of leaning toward my laptop when drawing details -and it's still the basic color with minimum shading! *tempted to flip the table*

So yeah, I guess you get the gist of my struggles with buildings. I particularly need this one to show my "In Game Cameo" backers though so I'm going to prioritize it ><

Also, I prepared a reward for my $10 patrons today! The step by step BG tutorial came earlier than usual and it's featuring the Ruins!

Phew! That is a long update O.O
I hope you guys enjoy the sneak peeks, 'cause it's not everyday I post so many of them at once x'D
Lastly, I'm happy to see the campaign going steady! Thank you everyone! *hugs* I'm crossing my fingers it will stay that way until the main goal is reached :'3

Now I'm sure you're tired after reading so much x'D I hope you guys have a great day! Thank you for reading and see you again next time!

xoxo,
SweetChiel

ixWishing
Veteran

Re: INDIEGOGO CAMPAIGN IS HERE!

#131 Post by ixWishing »

SweetChiel wrote:Image

Come check it out & try the demo <3 If you like it, please consider supporting us in IndieGoGo
Hello! I really liked your first game, so I'm going to support your new project! One suggestion though - maybe you can put the Indiegogo link on the front page of this thread? Because some supporters may not bother to check the latest page or search up for the link. Putting the link on the front page makes it easier. Best of luck on getting enough funds for the project!
- Everlasting Dreams ;

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: INDIEGOGO CAMPAIGN IS HERE!

#132 Post by SweetChiel »

ixWishing wrote:
SweetChiel wrote:Image

Hello! I really liked your first game, so I'm going to support your new project! One suggestion though - maybe you can put the Indiegogo link on the front page of this thread? Because some supporters may not bother to check the latest page or search up for the link. Putting the link on the front page makes it easier. Best of luck on getting enough funds for the project!
Hi, ixWishing!
Thank you for visiting & the suggestion!
I'm also really happy to hear you like my first game and decided to support :'D have you tried the demo?

And ah, I put the indiegogo link in the picture, but I guess it's not visible? x'D I will put up the link now~

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

Small Update~

#133 Post by SweetChiel »

It's been a week since the start of the campaign and we have collected $1467 + $175 = $1642! Almost 50%! We're getting there, guys! x'D *happy dance*

Meanwhile, the Facebook Fanpage has reached 500 likes, thanks to all of you!

I'll work hard so it will keep growing and hope for the best!

As for what I'm doing these last few days; I was still working on the 2 Spring backgrounds. They're almost finished, much to my surprise, but the finishing touch is not quite... done. I hope I can finish them this week ><

I also have some catching up with Queen's Crown. For those who didn't know, I make the CGs in Queen's Crown -^.^-

Anyways, let's keep spreading the words so we can reach the main goal!

xoxo,
SweetChiel

Kikaharu
Regular

#134 Post by Kikaharu »

I love the demo. Definitely longer demo than Legend of the Winged Ones. I was surprise how long too because it felt like I was getting so far into the story but it's also makes it feel like there is a lot more to explore when the game is finished. I loved the characters everyone is so lively in their own way and can't wait to see more of them.

Characters: I love Maya; she is so interesting to play as. I was surprised about her job; I didn't think that was her job but it was fun experience. I love Maya's sister and twin brothers, so cute. I like the more adult like jokes Maya had with her parents, oh my. Haha. Bayu is such a cutie and it's adorable how he acts. :) I love that Seri? (white dove/bird) & the goddess talked about Tamara and how she didn't let go of the fact that the goddess dropped her from the sky. Like I was surprised there was even a little talk about her but I really like the fact that it was. It really does make it feel like it's the same world even if it's not the same environment.

Love Interests: First, I want to talk about who I think the last love interest will be and then I'll talk about the other love interests in order of who I like the most first. So the last love interest I think is Dio, that could be wrong but I just feel like it might be. The little time we had in the demo meeting him was interesting. It didn't give much to know but it definitely makes you think about what is to come. So if he is the last love interest and even if he isn't the last love interest, I'm just curious to know more about him, who he is, what he does, why he is on the Forgotten Isles, just what his whole being is about.

Favorite love interest: Guntur. I usually just by a short description and image I can tell who my favorite will be. How I met Guntur was definitely not how I expect not even when the radio was talking about him escaping recently. Didn't think much about it, just oh I'll see him around town sometime totally normal-ish like. Nope! He is climbing over the fence WHAT! haha I love the CG there and it was ahh what happens now. Haha. I wish Maya would of jumped into the portal first be like: I'm not scared. Even if I am, I'm still going head first into this place and show you nothing can hold me back. She acting tough even if she is scared because she knows she has to go through with it and isn't letting anything stop her from saving her family. A little side track, but I just remember Guntur taking the spot of jumping in first hits a nerve a bit grr Guntur why!! Other than that, not much to say about him just know he is my favorite so far and I thought it was interesting how he brought a All-In-One cooking pan. And yeah, I love his looks, his piercings, pointy ears and his tattoo; I would if we will ever see more of that tattoo. One last thing, loved absolutely loved the scene where he shows us his power. Haha I was cracking up.

Arya: His looks are great. I want to see what's under the mask. I don't plan on it being a big thing like omg so shocking that that is what is under his mask. But like I was to be able to see his eyes and just see what his face looks like behind the mask. I wonder what is so important with his laptop. Also what program, possible, did he terminate? I wonder how he can type without seeing like did someone teach him when younger or when he was younger was he not blind. Is there Braille on the keys? Just so much curiosity around his laptop. And last thought about him, I love his wolf form. I love wolves and it just makes him adorable.

Kah'lil: I don't have too much to say about him. It's not that he isn't interesting, it's just I haven't had enough time with him. He a bit reminds me of a hyperactive kid. I wonder if Maya will ever get to touch his tail looks so fluffy.

Overall, I am excited to just see how the world and the Forgotten Isles and everyone's life turns out. Also super excited to see all the art work. Love the art it's always so pretty and majestic!

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 06/11/2017

#135 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi guys! How was your week?
Mine is HOT as HELL -and it's not even July/August yet! T.T My poor pups are even drinking like fishes these days.

Anyways, my internet has been PMS-ing since yesterday so I decided to post an update early just in case. Last week was pretty good, but I've been taking naps lately because of the ridiculous temperature.

What I did last week:
- Finished 2 Spring Village backgrounds (I may come back and revise it/polish it later)
​- Revised 1 autumn background.
- Finished 1 Summer village variation.
- Catching up with Queen's Crown's CGs (3 Desmond, 2 Noah, 1 Teiran) -I've completed around 80% of the job, the background is finished by another artist so I just need to wait and compose it inside my CGs. We do this to make a good overall in-game chemistry.
- 3 WIP creatures sprite (1 almost finished, 2 are still rough line-arts)

Also, here's a sneak peek of a character design ;)
My $5 patrons will get a small sneak peek of the WIP creatures sprites today too.

I wonder what sneak peek I should show you next week x'D if I focus on script writing, there won't be any so maybe I should keep them for now?

Hmm... I think I may start writing random events/small character events next week for a change.

That's it for today & thanks for reading!
xoxo,

SweetChiel