[IndieGoGo LIVE] Nusantara:Bermuda Triangle [GxB]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Sweet29

Re: [IndieGoGo LIVE] Nusantara:Bermuda Triangle [GxB]

#466 Post by Sweet29 »

You are doing such good job :idea: and my weeks are been good.
Besides I lost one of my cats, we think he have problems with heart. Lucky I have another cat, I'm in love with.
He it's best cat.

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Nusantara: Legend of the Winged Ones
Deviantart: SweetChiel

UPDATE 4/10/2021!

#467 Post by SweetChiel »

Morning, guys! What's up?
I hope you had a great week <3

First of all, I'd like to announce that Arya's epilogue outfit is decided!
Outfit D won by quite the landslide, 10 votes in total with the rest only getting 2-4 votes! Thank you to everyone who have participated~

I'm sure that some of you are curious what the outfit looks like?
I feel generous today so here's a little sneak peek ;)

Now then, let's go and see the progress I made on the Final Battle CG!
From sketching, to lining, and coloring, the antagonist's pose got revised 3 times 😂​ Arya's pose got revised 2 times while Guntur and Kahlil had a smooth ride! It's not done yet though. I think the CG is around... 70%-75% done? ​The characters that are already colored are the antagonist, Guntur, and Arya. Kahlil is still on the basic coloring phase and I haven't decided on the background (Still thinking whether to use a blurred background or a solid color like I did on Reksa's Fight CG on Winged Ones).

​With that said, I hope to finish the Final Battle CG this week! >:)
If things go smoothly I should be able to start sketching the Epilogue CGs as well, but... I'm not sure, life is catching up to me. I don't know how to explain this, but you see, my soon-to-be-mother in law's family have a lot of extroverts (including my fiance) and with me being an introvert, they don't seem to understand why I like to stay at home so much while my fiance is often out hanging with friends 😂

Our differences are starting to show and it's a lot more complicated, but that's the simple version lol

​Anyways, I hope all of you are well and healthy!
Don't skip your meals, drink lots, and don't forget to take some rest <3
xoxo,

SweetChiel

----------------------~(OuO)~-----------------------

Q&A session part 53!
If you have something to ask the bachelors! Please don't hesitate and type away! ^.^)/

1. One day Bermuda team discovers washed-up but very much kicking Mitra, Rama and Reksa on the shore. How would the exchange between the Bermuda and Legend trio unfold? Who would be the long-lost brothers and who would be at each others' throat? ​ -- by: violacrest

​...

​*Awkward silence*

*Arya and Reksa was busy glaring at each other, watching every movement. Their distrust was clear for everyone to see*

Rama & Kahlil: "......"

Kahlil: "...Do you want some sweets?"

Rama: "Sure... hmm?"

Rama: "...! This is good, tastes like fruits! Do you have one that tastes like a Durian?"

Kahlil: "Actually, I do have one. Wanna try the cola one?"

Rama: "Co...la? Oh! This thing bites!"

Guntur & Mitra: "......"

Mitra: *nods* "Name's Mitra."

Guntur: "Oh, Guntur."

Mitra: *smiles, jerks his chin to Kahlil* "That child is yours?"

Guntur: *shared a knowing smile* "Yeah, I hope he can be friends with yours."

​2. What is the weirdest tanline they have gotten before? Like How does Arya deal with tan lines from his mask? -- by: Tawni Meyer​

Guntur: "Back then when I used to work at construction sites, I used to have a tan line shaped like a tank top."

Kahlil: "Oh, do you know that you can have fun with tan lines? If you go to the beach and use some sand to create a shape on top of your skin and sunbathe with it, the tan line will look like a tattoo!" *feeling nostalgic*

Arya: *raised an eyebrow* "I never had a tan line. There's this thing called sunscreen."
-----------------------~(OuO)~-----------------------

Support me on:
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/SweetChiel
or buy me a Ko-Fi: https://ko-fi.com/sweetchiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 11/10/2021!

#468 Post by SweetChiel »

​Good morning, guys! How did your week go?
Mine went quite well!

Most of the time, I focused on finishing the Final Battle CGs and I'm pretty satisfied with how they turned out! >///<
Guntur's, Kahlil's, and Arya's are all officially done! The background is a cross between solid and blurred background, but it's leaning towards solid more--I also added some simple effects to make it look more dynamic:

What you see here is the uppermost part of the CG.
The antagonist will be on the left while the bachelors will be on the right. Can you picture it? ;)

On the other hand, I also sketched the Epilogue CGs!
​I still need to tweak them a little though. You know, the hand position, the usual anatomy struggle, perspective--the trickiest one is probably Guntur's. Their pose doesn't look comfortable x_x I think I'll put them aside for now and return later when I find a more reliable reference.

I also did the usual polishing on the epilogue scenes, still need some work on it~
With that said, let's continue to work hard right until the very end <3
Thank you for reading and stay tuned! I hope all of you are healthy & doing well wherever you are!
xoxo,
SweetChiel

The Author is taking a rest from Q&A session this week due to having a particularly bad monthly cramps ><

Support me on:

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 18/10/2021!

#469 Post by SweetChiel »

​Hey, guys! What's up?
I'm sorry for the late update, I had a really busy week ><
The Epilogue CGs are doing great--I almost got diabetes from staring at them too much 😂
- Arya's Epilogue CG (80% done). Everything went great from lineart to shading, all that's left is for me to tweak the background and do the overall light, shadow, and some visual effects (you know, glowing lights, bokeh lights, halo--the 'blings', I mean it literally when I say they radiate with happiness x'D)
- Kahlil's Epilogue CG (80% done). ​Same as above~ I will do my best to tone down the lights though, I don't want to blind you 😂
- Guntur's Epilogue CG (10% done). ​I've fixed the pose, but I haven't had the time to tidy them or make the lineart Q^Q
- I'm planning to polish the epilogue scenes, the CGs gave me new ideas that I'd like to implement!

Other than that, I got a little distracted when a close friend of my mother's asked me for a commission. She had helped my family a lot so I didn't have the heart to say no. Fortunately, the commission is done relatively fast!

The CGs should be done this week. After that, beta test will be open for my patrons on Patreon and select few~
How time flies. I'm still letting it sink in :'D

Welp, I guess that's it for now?
I'd like to give you guys a sneak peek but I think it's better to leave the Epilogue CGs alone so you can enjoy it yourself later~

As always, thanks for reading and take care of yourselves!
Don't forget to drink, don't skip your meals, and see you again next week!
xoxo,
SweetChiel

P.S.
I'm recently obsessed with a musical movie titled 'Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street'. ​​I don't have many favorite actors, but I was pleasantly surprised to see Johnny Depp and Alan Rickman playing together in a movie! Helena Bonham also played her role really well--together, those three gave me goosebumps and I can't stop listening to the music x'D

Another movie I found to my liking is 'The Witches' 2020. If you like dark-fantasy with a touch of comedy, this is your movie ;)

Q&A session part 55!
If you have something to ask the bachelors! Please don't hesitate and type away! ^.^)/

1. What is the best prank that you have ever pulled off?

Kahlil: "Oh! OH!"

Guntur: "Oh no... don't get him started..."

Kahlil: "Where do I even begin! There's this one time I hung a mannequin with white cloth during night time and lots of people mistook it for a ghost! Hahaha! It was hilarious!"

Kahlil : "I also once played the spider prank on Guntur when he's using the toi--umph!"

Guntur: "--Alright that's enough!"

Arya: "...It's a wonder they managed to live together for so long."

Arya: If it was me, the fox would've been dead already."

Kahlil: *sweats*

Support me on:

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 25/10/2021!

#470 Post by SweetChiel »

​Morning, guys! What's up?
I hope you guys had a great week because for once, I had a really bad week :'D

An elder/elders from my fiance's side suddenly wanted to change my wedding date because it looks 'inauspicious' to them. You see, turns out that there are two types of chinese calendar; Hongkong and Taiwan. My mom uses the Taiwan version while the elders use the Hongkong version--lo and behold, they contrast each other. A date that looks auspicious to my mom doesn't look that way anymore so they decided to change it...

Now the problem is; there is so much to reschedule, to pack, to fit into, and I really don't like it when someone mess with my schedule. Not to mention the new date is in June. I mean, it's right after Eid Al-Fitr in May and I'm pretty sure covid cases will spike again. Our president have forbid the people from celebrating this holiday but did they listen? Of course not and I don't think they will learn from this mistake anytime soon, which will probably trigger another set of new regulations.

Um, I apologize if I ramble too much. I just want you to know that things aren't doing well over here so I wasn't able to do much work...
There are some good news though!
- Kahlil's & Arya's Epilogue CGs are done! ​I'm pretty satisfied with how they turned out, the bokeh lights are not too visible but I think they made some great effects. I will return to them later and see whether I need to tone down the overall brightness or not OuO)b
- Guntur's Epilogue CG is 80% done! ​11​Like before, the coloring is all done except for the background and overall special effect.

It will take a while for the beta test though because I'm pretty busy over here, I hope you still have the patience to wait ><;
In return, I have prepared a small sneak peek of Arya's Epilogue CG sketch:

​You're free to imagine the rest of the picture x'D
I will probably be busy as well this week, but I'll do my best to finish the CGs and do some programming (hopefully until Credits).​

That's it for now and thank you to all who are reading this <3
Don't forget to wash your hands often, drink lots, and don't skip your meals!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

Q&A session part 56! If you have something to ask the bachelors! Please don't hesitate and type away! ^.^)/

1. Do Maya and the bachelors read book alot? and if they do, what is their favourite genre? -- ​by: ArunikaPutri​

Guntur: "I don't read books... unless it's a cook book."

Kahlil: "Does reading books about jokes count? I also like to read storybooks, especially the ones with illustrations."

​Kahlil : "As for novels... not so much. There are two that I like but I've forgotten the titles. You know, the one about a boy with a lightning mark on his forehead? Then there's this one about a prince who visits various planets."
​Arya: "That is a good question. I used to read a lot of books. Different kinds with all kinds of genre."

​Arya: "But if I have to pick... The Da Vinci Code and .The Diary of Anne Frank will do."

Support me on:

crystalscm
Regular
Completed: Suiyue
Projects: Scales of Fate
itch: tsukimii

#471 Post by crystalscm »

Wait wait, is that Maya and Arya dancing!? I'm sold, hehe. Well, I'm sold anyway even if they're not dancing, haha.
Obviously, I love all the characters, but you know me.

It's getting so close! I'm excited to be able to play it!
Hope things become better on your end though...!

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#472 Post by SweetChiel »

crystalscm wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:35 pm Wait wait, is that Maya and Arya dancing!? I'm sold, hehe. Well, I'm sold anyway even if they're not dancing, haha.
Obviously, I love all the characters, but you know me.

It's getting so close! I'm excited to be able to play it!
Hope things become better on your end though...!
Hi, crystalcm!
*cough* They're not dancing but it's still a really sweet gesture <3
I also can't wait to hear your thoughts! It's getting close indeed and I'm getting pretty emotional QuQ how time flies!

Things are getting better over here, still busy but better~
I also hope you're doing great over there! Stay awesome and take care of yourself!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 1/11/2021!

#473 Post by SweetChiel »

​Good morning and Happy late Halloween!
Don't forget to brush your teeth after eating all the candies x'D
Things are still busy over here but it's a lot better than last week!
I made a lot of progress in the department of polishing and programming:

- Programmed in the Spring CGs!
- Programmed in the Final Battle CGs!
- Programmed in the Bad Ending CGs!
- Programmed in the Epilogue CGs!

​Programming is like riding a bicycle. Once you succeeded, you can remember how to do it again even when you've left it for a long period of time... well, in my case, I had to test the CG gallery a couple of times before I managed to nail it x'D
- Programmed in the Credits!
​Programming the Credits isn't as simple as I thought it'd be OuO;
You see, I have a lot of BGMs and I might have forgotten where I got a couple of them... not to worry though! At the very least, I made sure that I got them from a royalty free source! I'll come back to it later once I recall it.

Last but not least, to show my appreciation, I manually typed in your names and arranged them in alphabetical order!
Both for IndieGoGo backers and Patreon backers!

I can't believe there's so much of you, more than enough to fill a screen <3

I still have to program in the Epilogue sprites, but if things go smoothly, the beta testing should open somewhere mid-November, so stay tuned!

Oh, one more thing!
This is a mild spoiler, but I think I should give you a head's up that Kahlil doesn't have a kissing CG... because he's not old enough *runs away

​Jokes aside, it's really because he's too innocent x'D imagine them acting all shy and sweet like teenagers in love, but just the concept of kissing is enough to make them blush all the way up to their ears and deny it, saying it's not the right time yet lol. Ah, young love.

​With that said, here's hoping you guys had a great week!
Don't skip your meals and rest plenty, okay? I'll see you again next week ^///^
xoxo,

SweetChiel

Q&A session part 57!

1. Hi guys! What perfume do you use? (or, if none, Maya - what kind of scent reminds you about each of them? Or what scents do you recommend for each of them? Ex: Sandalwood, Vanilla, Orange, Lemon, etc)​-- by: Yukina4evr

Maya: *blush* "As far as I know, they never used perfume. But if you ask me what scent the reminds me..."

​Maya: "...This is too embarassing! Won't I be called a pervert for knowing what they smell like?!"

*After some persuasion and lots of thinking, Maya finally spoke while covering her face*
Maya: "Guntur, he... smells like a mix of musk and spices..."

Maya: "Kahlil smells sweet, depending on what candies he's eating that day. He can smell like vanilla, orange, strawberries... you get the picture..."

Maya: "As for Arya, he... It's difficult to explain. He's something between mint, pine and... snow? I don't know..."

*As Maya's voice became smaller and smaller, we suddenly see something red trickling down...*

​*...Maya was having a nosebleed and after realizing that, she refused to say anymore and ran away."

Support me on:

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 8/11/2021!

#474 Post by SweetChiel »

​Hi guys! What's up?
I'm sorry for being late--I took a nap and overslept ^^;
Raining season is here and following close behind it is the Holiday season! *happydance

Bermuda is doing well over here, and I think all that's left is the final touches/check up:
- Programmed in the Bachelors' Epilogue Sprites!
- Fixed Maya's Full body Epilogue Sprites! ​(I finished drawing the side image, but I forgot about the full body sprite x'D silly me).
- Fixed the CG gallery! ​I misplaced some CGs so I rearranged them and test them again.
- Polished the Epilogues & some events in the Spring Arc.
- Polished the Credits! ​I included the names of the past patrons on Patreon who have stopped but have accumulated enough to join the beta test >u<)/

​All that's left is for me to polish the Credits (in case I forgot someone) & for me to look for a way to email all of you at once for beta testing.
I also need to find a website to upload the beta game folder + with time limit. The size is quite big, almost 900MB.
I forgot what website I used before... was it Mediafire? I'll look it up ><

Last but not least, I have a few concerns regarding Ren'Py, so here's a head's up:
1. The current Ren'Py I use is version 7.1.3.
​In the times I develop Bermuda, I seldom updated the Ren'Py software I'm using because I don't want to re-configure the custom GUI and I'm afraid the minigames will encounter errors/incompatible with the new version.
If you downloaded Winged Ones and you can play it, you should be fine... I guess?
There's a rumor that you won't be able to play it if you opened/used a newer version of Ren'Py games, so... do tell me/report to me when we cross that bridge!

2. Due to the big game size, it usually will take a while to load/sometimes crash.
The chances of this happening is very low (doesn't happen with my laptop anymore), but when the time comes and this happens to you, I hope you'll be patient ^^;

Welp, that's all for now and here's hoping everything go smoothly until the beta test is open!
xoxo,
SweetChiel

Q&A session part 58! If you have something to ask the bachelors! Please don't hesitate and type away! ^.^)/

1. Create a true funny "we" statement (or doesn't have to be funny). For example, "We hope that in the future..." or "We know for a fact that..." or "We will never ever..." ​by--Yukina4evr

Arya: "We know for a fact that Kahlil will never grow up."

Kahlil: "HEY!"

Guntur: "What he means to say is; you're fine the way you are."

Kahlil: "Really? Awww, thanks, Arya!"

​Arya: "........." *Opened his mouth, but then closed it again in annoyance*

Kahlil: "Then, it's my turn! Uhmm... we... we will never ever involve ourselves with drugs!"

Guntur: "...Smoking is not a drug, right?"

Kahlil: "Uh, I think you're safe? Barely, but safe."

Guntur: "My turn; we will never ever forget our fans."

​Maya: "Alright, everyone! Last but not least!"

Everyone: "We hope that in the future, you'll ocassionnaly remember us."

Support me on:

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 15/11/2021!

#475 Post by SweetChiel »

​Hey, guys! What's up?
I hope you guys had a great week!

Here's a special shout-out to my Beta Testers and main Proofreader, KiiAnima for being awesome ;)
We're going to be busy, and here's a list of what I'm planning to do this week:

- On-going preparation for the Antagonist Route! ​I need to do some research before I start programming his route. For example; remember when I said the Antagonist Route will only open once you've found all 3 main bachelors' happy endings? On top of that, I want to change the main menu's background, just to notify you that the Antagonist Route is now available. This involves a system that I'll need to test through trials & errors >< Depending on the result, I might need to find an alternative.

- Managing the Beta Test. ​I will be very active during this time to read comments/reports regarding Bermuda Beta Test version 1.3. So don't hesitate to reach out to me if you found a plothole/bugs! ^.^)/

- Managing the Proofreading. ​I'm ready to get scolded by my proofreader x'D

- Regarding Early Bird PayPal Package/Pledge. ​I will close this package in a week, so grab this while you can~

Last but not least, I found myself being asked this question quite often, so let me put the answer here:
"Can I register as a Beta Tester?" ​Unfortunately, the Beta Test is only open for Indiegogo backers/older patrons on Patreon who have pledged for at least for two months. It is considered an exclusive right and I'm afraid it will be unfair if I give it to new patrons right away ><

​Welp, I guess that's it for now?
On a lighter note, I'm also planning to take some rest for a couple of days because I sprained my left shoulder 😂

I think it was because I slept in the wrong way/position last night? It hurts when I lift it, but I can still type/reply to your comments so no biggie!

Thanks again for reading and I'll see you next week <3
xoxo,
SweetChiel

The author is taking a break from Q&A session due to having so many private message to reply~

Support me on:

crystalscm
Regular

#476 Post by crystalscm »

SweetChiel wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:46 am Hi, crystalcm!
I also can't wait to hear your thoughts! It's getting close indeed and I'm getting pretty emotional QuQ how time flies!

I also hope you're doing great over there! Stay awesome and take care of yourself!
xoxo,

SweetChiel
Ahaha, that's totally okay. It definitely looks like I'll be eating sugar for that scene anyway! How long has it been? 3 years? The journey's almost done! I'm emotional too. You're doing a great job, and I'm happy for you!

It's been a bit rough with finals and all that jazz but once those are done next week I'll be looking forward to this game even more, hehe. I can't wait to play-

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 22/11/2021!

#477 Post by SweetChiel »

How did your week go? Mine was very busy!

Last week, I was literally buried within bugs report--still is x'D
Your enthusiasm was beyond my expectations! Especially Yanonako and K.H, ​who took the effort to write the bugs one by one, along with the Day description and even screenshots! Q_Q I mean, you didn't have to, but you spared some time in your busy schedule just for Bermuda, my baby! It feels like I'm reading essays/evaluations made with love and I'm really touched--​I can't ask for better supporters ^///^

Even now, I'm still in the middle of fixing bugs (the double sprite ones are tricky, I have to squint my eyes and look for them manually). Fortunately, there are no major technical bugs that prevent you from finishing the story -^.^)/

I will start programming the Antagonist route as soon as I finish fixing the bugs. I try my best to locate them all, but please bear with me if you still find a few later 😂

My main proofreader, KiiAnima, is now working on the main bachelor routes! We will work hard & I will re-read every sentence! >:)

Last but not least, I uploaded Bermuda's backup to Google Drive! ​Better be safe than sorry, right? x"D

Welp, that's it for now and I'll see you again next week!
Here's hoping for another productive week!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

P.S. ​I forgot to tell you that the Encyclopedia feature is not available in the Beta test >< it's not a bug~

The author is taking a break from Q&A session due to getting buried with work~

Support me on:

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#478 Post by SweetChiel »

crystalscm wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:35 pm
SweetChiel wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:46 am Hi, crystalcm!

xoxo,

SweetChiel
Ahaha, that's totally okay. It definitely looks like I'll be eating sugar for that scene anyway! How long has it been? 3 years? The journey's almost done! I'm emotional too. You're doing a great job, and I'm happy for you!

It's been a bit rough with finals and all that jazz but once those are done next week I'll be looking forward to this game even more, hehe. I can't wait to play-

Wait, didn't I send you an invitation to Beta Test? O_O; or... did I forget?
OMG--and the link already expired today OTL well... um, can you please wait until the game is completed properly QuQ
Look at the bright side! You don't have to deal with so many bugs in the Beta period! *runs away

Aah, I'm sorry crystalscm Q_Q

crystalscm
Regular

#479 Post by crystalscm »

SweetChiel wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:50 amWait, didn't I send you an invitation to Beta Test? O_O; or... did I forget?
OMG--and the link already expired today OTL well... um, can you please wait until the game is completed properly QuQ
Look at the bright side! You don't have to deal with so many bugs in the Beta period! *runs away

Aah, I'm sorry crystalscm Q_Q
I think if you sent it by mail, I don't have access to that address anymore. It's okay though, haha, I'm sure it'll be fine. I'm looking forward to the full game! I can just play that too, hehe.

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 11/29/2021!

#480 Post by SweetChiel »

How did your week go? I hope you're well and safe!

The bugs fixing are going well and things have calmed down nicely~
I have a good news and bad news though ><

​Let's start with the good news:
Many of you have given me helpful suggestions and one of them stands out. I have considered this feature many times in the past, but I haven't been able to produce a satisfying result... until now.

The main menu's mirrors will now change depending on whose happy ending you've unlocked!
After many trials and errors, I have finally succeed! In addition, once you unlocked the antagonist's route, the main menu will change once again to feature that elusive Black Mirror. Work hard and maybe you'll be able to see what the Black Mirror will change into ;)

As for the bad news...
My main proofreader, KiiAnima tested positive for covid u.u
She is now isolating herself and resting as we speak, let's hope for a speedy recovery~

In the meantime, I'll slowly work my way into the Antagonist script! I think I'll give the first scene some fine polishing before I try programming it \(>u<)/

Welp, that's it for now and I'll see you guys again next week!
Here's hoping for another productive week!
xoxo,

SweetChiel​​

Q&A session part 59! If you have something to ask the bachelors! Please don't hesitate and type away! ^.^)/

​1. Do you like pineapple on your pizza?

Kahlil: "I don't like pineapple by itself, but on a pizza? I'm surprisingly okay with that!"

Arya: "Not for me."

Guntur: "Why not? They're quite good."

Arya: "Why? It's a fucking disgrace."

Arya: "I'm not even Italian but this makes me so mad--look, pineapple belongs in a salad."

​Guntur: *shrugs* "Suits yourself." *took another bite & made Arya wince*

2. What is the most interesting place you've ever been to?

Kahlil : "I've been to Spain?"

Guntur: "Well, duh. Your family lives there."

Kahlil : *laughs* "You're letting the cat out of the bag! What about you, Tur?"

Guntur: "Me? Well, I... I've been in jail?"

Kahlil: "Okay, that went dark fast. Arya? A little help here?"

Arya: "Why would I go out?"

Arya: "Look outside; cold, depressing. I prefer the comfort of my palace, my home.​"

Support me on: