[IndieGoGo LIVE] Nusantara:Bermuda Triangle [GxB]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Nusantara: Legend of the Winged Ones
Deviantart: SweetChiel

UPDATE 6/4/2018!

#226 Post by SweetChiel »

Hey guys! I got into 'the zone' last week! Which was surprising considering how much distraction I get x'D

6k+ words! Wooooo!

The main story is at Day 26. Branch B is at 90% and I think Branch A + C would be finished this week. The important parts need a bit of patching up, but other than that? I only need to write the lovey-dovey before we're done with Winter Arc! x'D

Honestly, I thought I wouldn't be able to meed the quota due to an artbook spree ^^; my internet got better last week so I downloaded a lot and bought Sayonara no Asa ni Yakusoku no Hana wo Kazarou Artbook. I haven't even watched the movie yet (It's out at 28th February in Japan, but kissanime haven't uploaded it yet), but man, I wish I knew about it earlier!

They have lots of amazing medieval fantasy settings... (I teared up a little at the background arts. I mean, it was good enough to make mine look sloopy ^^;; but hey! I'll suck it up for future reference!)

Man, we've gone so far! Spring Arc would be here soon and I'll finally be able to collab again with the Superbackers! I haven't communicate with them again since... months, due to concentrating on script writing x_x (Sorry! And thank you for the wait!)

Now then, let's begin the start of the month with the last mini comic and a sneak peek!

You will encounter these creatures very late in the game, so this is a very big hint of what's to come x'D I know it's just a tiny sneak peek lol a patron at patreon called it a sneak peek through a keyhole.

For your ever continuous support, I'll also release a better sneak peek for my Tier 2 ($5 and up) today!

Alright, that's it for now and I hope you guys enjoyed the sneak peek!

xoxo,

SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 6/11/2018!

#227 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi, guys! How did your week go?
Mine was so-so ><

The romantic scene was harder to write than expected -don't get me wrong, it's usually fun and I love the fluffs, but it sometimes could go very corny/awkward if I don't build up the mood correctly x'D

Not to mention I got embarrassed by myself when I write it OTL

5,6k+words! With this, all three branches are at 90%, but there's this one romantic scene that I still need to polish. I can't point my finger on what's wrong with it, but I'll re-read the whole thing later and if I still can't find what's wrong, I'll count on my proofreaders x'D

Meanwhile... I'm still trapped in an artbook shopping spree :')) I can't stop browsing lists of beautiful books and there's this one book I want, but my wallet is a bit tight so... I ended up buying an used one from Amazon x'D (This is my first time using that service, so I hope everything ends well!)

*Sigh*

Anyways, I hope I can finish up Winter Arc this week so we can get started with Chapter 5! x'D I'm so excited! Ah, but I'll still need to find references for boss fight >< 

Oh well, let's just go YOLO or let the characters lead me lol.

Alright, I'll stop rambling now x'D
Thanks for reading as always and see ya guys next week!

xoxo,

SweetChiel

Bouki
Regular

Re: [IndieGoGo LIVE] Nusantara:Bermuda Triangle [GxB]

#228 Post by Bouki »

Hi there!

I know I am a bad follower, for I have been looking for the updates every week but never did comment :( (shame on me!!) But Nusantara has a special place in my heart as it did brighten up my mood in some dark times, and I absolutely loved Rama. Now I am all hyped up for this one even though guys are not exactly my cup of tea, I'm sure they will be charming once I spend some time with 'em. Hope you can make it in deadline (but dont push yourself haha) and thank you for the effort. I am sure many of us will love the game. Please keep up the good work! :)

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: [IndieGoGo LIVE] Nusantara:Bermuda Triangle [GxB]

#229 Post by SweetChiel »

Bouki wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:08 pm Hi there!

I know I am a bad follower, for I have been looking for the updates every week but never did comment :( (shame on me!!) But Nusantara has a special place in my heart as it did brighten up my mood in some dark times, and I absolutely loved Rama. Now I am all hyped up for this one even though guys are not exactly my cup of tea, I'm sure they will be charming once I spend some time with 'em. Hope you can make it in deadline (but dont push yourself haha) and thank you for the effort. I am sure many of us will love the game. Please keep up the good work! :)
No, no, thank you for following & reading the updates, Bouki! I always knew that my shy readers are out there somewhere, silently watching my progress behind a bush or hiding in the shadows x'D

Still, it makes me really happy to see a few comments once in a while <3 so thanks again!

I also hope I can reach the deadline, but... I hope you'll forgive me if it got delayed ><; the script writing is slower than I thought it would be and I still have 1 chapter + 1 antagonist route to write + programming & CGs to do, so... *cry

Baby steps I said and then one year almost flew by :")) I think it can be finished somewhere in Winter 2018 like what I wrote in the teaser though!

And yes! I will do my best -always, for my dear readers! >\\\<

For now, have some cyber cookies & hugs O//u//O
See you around!
Xoxo,

SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 6/18/2018!

#230 Post by SweetChiel »

Hey, guys!
Happy Eid Al-Fitr or Idul Fitri for those who celebrate it!

My uncle came back from Surabaya last Tuesday and I almost didn't meet the quota again due to hanging out with my big family for days and by the time I realized it, it's already Saturday :')) took a lot out of me by Sunday, but I managed somehow!

5,1k+ words! There's still this one scene left before we move on to Chapter 5 (Or I can just write a small paragraph to complete it, I don't know, I'm a bit skeptical of this since I don't know which one is better.)

Hmm, I'll need some time to polish it this week though. There are scenes that I know it could be better, so I need to re-read the whole script.

I could start to write Chapter 5, but it didn't feel right if I start writing it when I'm not quite satisfied with Chapter 4 part 2, so let's just hope the polishing went well ><

In another note, my cousins are so happy with the long holiday lol. School won't start until August for them and I was like "Ah, it's great to be young..." -I feel old lol

--But hey! I hope you guys have a great holiday!
See you again next week!

xoxo,

SweetChiel

P.S. Sorry, no sneak peek today! I'm still thinking what to show you next >< I'll think of something next week~

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 6/25/2018!

#231 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi guys!
How did your week go? Mine is... not bad, but not so good either ><

You see, I went out again with the family and unexpectedly went swimming with my cousins so I got myself a cramp & stiff body -yes, now my thighs are especially stiff :'))

However! I did some intense polishing last week and properly finished off Chapter 4 part 2!!

This 2.3k+ words is a scene where Maya and her group is entering Spring Village. I originally wanted to put this in Chapter 5, but it feels better here.

I also took the very first step into Chapter 5 guys!! Wohooooo!

It's not much, but it's something! x'D

In total, I wrote 2.9k+ words. Yes, I'm sorry that the word count dropped & didn't meet my quota x_x; but the swimming was really unexpected!

And so, in hopes for you to forgive me, I decided to give you all a background sneak peek!

*drum rolls*

Here you go! The throne room!

This one have a special place in my heart --I was having some difficulties with the overall feeling for weeks until I was satisfied :'))

And finally, another tutorial step by step for my Tier 3 Patrons($10) in my Patreon! It's been a while, right? I hope it's useful ><

Meanwhile, Spring Village arc is going to be a rough ride as I'm having a vague idea of the beginning & the climax (still working on the fighting scenes T^T) I'm crossing my fingers and hoping so I get a sudden inspiration & get into the zone!

Alright, that's it for now, see ya guys next week!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 7/2/2018!

#232 Post by SweetChiel »

Hey, guys! How did your week go?
Mine was intense :'D

I wrote 5,8k words! --Well, it's supposed to be 7,7k+ words, but I ended up deleting 1.9k+ words due to a failed fighting scene x_x

*Sigh*

I was quite down, but managed to bounce back in a few days. Anyways, there are other things I did:

- Polished Guntur's sprite
(a.k.a. his eight packs. I adjusted them a little since the upper part look a bit strange)
- Made a list of CGs! So far; Guntur has 12 CGs, Arya has 12 CGs, Kahlil has 11 CGs, and 11 Common CGs. These doesn't include The antagonist's CGs or the storybook illustrations (The flashback/stories about the Gods when the bachelors recall their past life/sin).

Most of all, I came to an important decision:

I originally wanted to cut down the CGs' count to half, but to compensate my late schedule/slow progress, I decided to keep all the CGs intact + adding a few simple backgrounds in winter area & Autumn village for smoother story transition and immersion!

Let's go all out --and thank you for your continuous support! x'D

Last but not least, calling all superbackers! Livia, Aubrey, & Tabetha, if you guys read this, please check your e-mails as I've sent the first meeting scene of your OCs to check!

Thanks again guys! Here's a cheer so everything will go smoothly --Huraaaahh!!

xoxo,

SweetChiel

P.S. No sneak peek today, but there's a Fun Fact:

One of the references I used for the Throne Room last week is the one from Game of Thrones:

However, due to the gloomy mood clashing with my bright color palate, I looked for another reference and it became what it is today x'D Can you see the similarity?

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 7/9/2018!

#233 Post by SweetChiel »

What's up, guys? Here comes another weekly update from me x'D

Last week was pretty good, except... I have a pretty bad toothache Q_Q I think it's an old cavity acting up.

I'm supposed to go to the dentist today, but it got delayed 'til tomorrow due to some circumstances. Oh well.

Anyways!

I wrote 3.7k+ words! They're mainly fun scenes involving the superbackers' OCs x') nothing too intense, pretty laid back actually. The first revisions are also doing nicely, so let's keep up the good work, guys!

I still have a vague idea about how to continue the main story, but I'll just focus on the superbackers' scenes for now and see how I can connect them from there.

On another note, since I can't focus with script writing for the last few days due to the toothache... I made a line art:

It's a bedroom in the Spring Village's castle. I'll include this as a bonus for you guys x'D

Alright, that's it for now and see you again next week!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 7/26/2018!

#234 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi-ya, guys!
How did your week go? I hope it's better than mine since I had to go to the dentist :'))

Now before I report the progress, I noticed that last week's update has a lot more of 'Thanks for sharing' reactions than 'this is awesome!' in the Indiegogo page O.o; it made me a bit worried --like, maybe you don't like the lineart? Or maybe it's just me worrying too much? ><;; (you can drop me a comment below~)

Anyways!

I wrote 5k words last week! The Superbackers are all done with their 1st scenes and we're steadily working on their 2nd & 3rd scenes ~

If things went smooth, I think I can finish them next week.

After I send them away for revising, we'll continue on the main story for a bit and the bachelors are going to get some romantic moments! (It's Spring! Love is in the air!) And then, *drum rolls* they will finally meet the antagonist!

So close yet so far! ><

On another note, I'm a bit surprised I can write 5k+ words often now O.O it's usually only around 3k --ack, I hope I didn't just jynx myself...

*cough*

Last but not least, I also finished last week's background! As usual, my Tier 2 ($5) patrons on my Patreon will get early access. As for my dear readers here, don't worry, I'll show you the preview next week ;)

That's it for now and see ya next week!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 7/23/2018!

#235 Post by SweetChiel »

Morning, guys!
How did your week go? I'm still working with the Superbackers and we're currently on their OC's 3rd scene x')

As for Chapter 5, things are going quite well and I wrote 5,4k+ words last week. There's one scene left before Maya can get some romantic moments with the bachelors though --and polishing is needed in some parts!

Of course, I'm still going back and forth from Chapter 4 to Chapter 5 for polishing, but I think the scenes are pretty much set in stones for now :3

Meanwhile, one of my proofreaders is currently in China >< she's having some difficulty accessing internet, so it might take a while to revise Chapter 4 part 1. This chapter has 660 pages so they're working really hard right now ~

Alright, I'm sure you've been waiting for the sneak peek so here you go!

As a bonus, I'll also release a .psd file for my Tier 3 patrons in my Patreon today!

Tadaaa! A headshot of Sesshomaru! x'D
He's my first 2D crush and still number one in my heart today!

That's it for now, see ya guys next week!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

Link to my Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 7/30/2018!

#236 Post by SweetChiel »

Hey guys! How's it going for you?
I'm still typing away x'D

First off, I wrote 4.8k+ words last week -and I'm finally ready to write the romantic scenes in the Spring Village! *happydance

As always, I'm still polishing Chapter 4 part 1 and 2 --one my proofreader (KrystalFlare) had a blast correcting part 1 lol. She worked so hard, especially fixing the last 40-50 pages ><; *cough*sorry!

Meanwhile, Crystal Liu just got back from China and is trying hard to catch up! She had a rough month, so let's hope she recover quickly so we can finish Chapter 4 part 1's proofreading somewhere in August.

Oh, I also have some good news! I found Grammarly! It's a free writing app that could detect typos and even with the function of automatic grammar checker! I can also apply it to microsoft word, so I hope I can lighten the load a bit for my proofreaders ><

Other than that, nothing big happened last week :S

I did worry a lot whether I could deliver Bermuda in December though. I counted the numbers; with 40+ CGs, I had to do 5 CGs per week if I want to finish it in 2 months. That's not including the scriptwriting and programming I still have to finish so...

Gah!

Let's just cross that bridge when we come to it :'))

That's it for now and see you next week~
xoxo,

SweetChiel

P.S. if you have some advice about how to better my schedule/timeline, please comment below!

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 8/6/2018!

#237 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi guys, how did your week go?
Mine is almost a nightmare :'D

You see, I spilled water on my laptop's keyboard.

It was an accident! I swear! Q_Q
My keyboard immediately went haywire on me then; the caps lock stayed on, some keys are not responding, and the numbers became symbols, like 1 became ! and so on...

I was panicking and the dumb thing is I didn't shut down my laptop before trying to wipe off the water! OTL

When the keyboard still didn't function correctly the next day, I strapped my bag and went to a laptop service store --the same one that I went to when the hardware broke.

After some testing, thankfully, fortunately, only the keyboard is broken and the water didn't seep into the motherboard of anything! *insertheavenlymusichere*

Changing the keyboard into a new one is already costly so I know that I won't be able to afford to buy a new laptop if the motherboard is fried :'D

That's why I'd like to thank my patrons in my Patreon and you guys that have donated for Bermuda's sake! m(_ _)m *bows* it's really all thanks to you that I have the funds to repair my laptop again :'D I promise, I learned my lesson and water is not going anywhere close to my laptop again. ever.

As for last week...

I wrote 3.4k words. It's mainly the draft for Arya's and Kahlil's romantic scene --the progress is not as much as I'd like to, but I think I did a pretty good job considering the almost-life-or-death situation ><;

I also polished some things in Chapter 4 part 2 before giving it to my proofreaders! They have a busy schedule these days, but Liu said she's going to aim for August so we can quickly move on to Chapter 4 part 2!

Lastly, I also have a special sneak peek today:

This is the Spring Village's BGM!

Do you like it? :3
Drop a comment below so I'll know what you think!

See you again next week!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 8/13/2018!

#238 Post by SweetChiel »

Hey, guys! What's up?
I had quite the adventurous week, but I managed to meet this week's quota x'D

I wrote 3.5k+ words! The romantic scenes are all done for Guntur, Arya, and Kahlil, but they still need some intense polishing --I think the flow isn't smooth enough and even a bit cliche :'D

I also wrote some in-between scenes, each differs depending on whose route you're in.

Other than writing and catching plot bunnies, I went to the dentist again and I spontaneously joined a drawing competition yesterday :'))

I didn't plan to join since I only knew about it a day before it happens, but I thought it could do some good, since I'm getting bored with writing all day x'D

Sadly, I didn't win this time.

I think I divert from the theme too much. It's Indonesia's Superhero and I took inspiration from a folklore figure called Nyi Roro Kidul. She's a bit too similar to her and she wore Kebaya, not a skin-tight bodysuit + a mask like general Superheroes, so...

Yeah, they said 'She can't be identified as a Superhero at a glance' and that's my losing grace :'))

I reflected and I think this happens 'cause I didn't have time to practice x_x I also focused on the text 'Ksatria Nusa' on the poster too much. It means 'Islands Warrior/Knight' so I kinda forget about mainstream Superheroes *cough*

Okay, that's it --sorry for rambling x'D Ah well, at least I get to know how far I could go with 3 hours now :'D

Last but not least, I'd like to take some vacation next week since... 18th August is my birthday! x'D

To celebrate, I'll release a free .psd file on 18th August for everyone! At first, I was thinking about another background .psd file, but I changed my mind :'3

17th August is our Independence day, so I think it's better to upload something with an Indonesian theme. I'm also quite proud of my competition result and I think it will give some insight/tricks to those who want to do some fast painting!

Here she is:

I collected some references in a rush, but she turned out much better than I expected x'D
Of course, you can ask anything via commenting. Oh! I'll also add the reference images as a bonus~

Alright, that's it for now and see you again next week!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

Shu-ki

#239 Post by Shu-ki »

Decided to make a new account just for this because why not.
I don't usually buy commercial otome games, but this is one of these cases where I just have to buy it as soon as it comes out. Your first game took the spot as one of my top favourites. I actually remember to check for other games' updates on Lemmasoft only because I look forward to your weekly posts, haha. :D
I don't have much to say. Just want you to know that you're great, your games are great, haha. Make sure to take time to rest every now and then.
Happy (late) birthday! :)

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

Re:

#240 Post by SweetChiel »

Shu-ki wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:28 pm Decided to make a new account just for this because why not.
I don't usually buy commercial otome games, but this is one of these cases where I just have to buy it as soon as it comes out. Your first game took the spot as one of my top favourites. I actually remember to check for other games' updates on Lemmasoft only because I look forward to your weekly posts, haha. :D
I don't have much to say. Just want you to know that you're great, your games are great, haha. Make sure to take time to rest every now and then.
Happy (late) birthday! :)
Hi there, Shu-ki!
Aww I'm really happy to see someone remembers me in lemmasoft! X'D #justkidding
I know that most of my supporters are watching over me silently in the bushes/shadows, but it's nice to see a comment once in a while like now <3 I'm also glad to hear there are more people reading Winged Ones! You even love it enough to write it in your favourite list QuQ thank you for loving my boys and I hope you enjoyed yourself thoroughly!

I'll definitely do my best to meet your expectations x'D and of course, thank you for your warm support and for following my weekly progress!

Xoxo,

SweetChiel