[IndieGoGo LIVE] Nusantara:Bermuda Triangle [GxB]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Nusantara: Legend of the Winged Ones
Deviantart: SweetChiel

Re: Nusantara:Bermuda Triangle Genre [GxB] [Fantasy] [Advent

#46 Post by SweetChiel »

ChyKittyCat wrote:Oh my <3 just stumbled across this. I'm so excited :D
Welcome and thanks ChyKittyCat!
I'm also excited! X'D
IvoryOwl wrote:
Amberbaum wrote: Don't tell me it's the Hierophant. The background looks like a church window.....but the Hierophant is not female. Uhhhh.... so maybe the world. The world has breast even thought they can be both gender.

This is tough.
You're right, it must be The World card!
Its a woman carrying a rod-like object with an edged tip and the stained glass behind her, after closer inspection, actually resembles Earth! Even the laurel is present, though, in traditional cards, it usually forms a circle around her. Could be an incomplete version or it could have been done on purpose, artist's choice and all that... but all the elements are there!
[/quote]

Congrats! Both of you are right x'D
Did you forget that this is a zoomed in version? :p This is The World; it's a card that represents endings and new beginnings ~

Amberbaum
Regular

#47 Post by Amberbaum »

SweetChiel wrote: Congrats! Both of you are right x'D
Did you forget that this is a zoomed in version? :p This is The World; it's a card that represents endings and new beginnings ~
Hooray! I'm glad we got it right ٩(⁎❛ᴗ❛⁎)۶

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 12/5/2016

#48 Post by SweetChiel »

Wow last week feels so short o.o;
Before I knew it, it's already Monday!
I think I got too focused on writing the script x.x time seemed to just zoom past me when I was immersed in it u.u

Anyways~
Chapter 1 part 3 is almost done. Currently counting: 12.6k+ words
Chapter 1 total words: 22k+ words
1 last scene to write and then chapter 1 is finished! x')
The demo will consist of chapter 1 and a little bit of chapter 2 so just wait for it ~

Also, there is this small problem... well, more like a problem for me but a reward for you guys :'))
It went like this:

Me : "Okay, that's enough writing for now. Hmm, I should do a bonus CG while I'm at it..."
Me : *Making a simple bonus CG for transition purposes*
Me : "Oh no..."
Me : "Brain, NO. Don't. You. Dare."
Brain : "YES."
Brain : "Come on! You know that bonus CG is better off as a full-colored CG!"
Me : "But it means more worrrkk for meeee!" *cries*
Me : "Besides, there are already too many CGs to work on -"
Brain : "But it would look FABULOUS! JUST LOOK AT IT!"
Me : "..."

...Yeah so... I'm still thinking what to do with it :'))
not to mention the bachelors seems to demand more CG themselves -it's their first appearance and it just feels right, but I'm also impatient to go and make you guys the demo...... I'm so conflicted! >.<;

*Sigh* I guess I'll just do the script for now and see where it gets me...?

Oh, and since Amberbaum & IvoryOwl managed to guess what Tarot Card it is from the zoomed in sneak peek, here's the full view as a reward! :'D

That's it for now ~ Oh, and the bonus CG sneak peek will be able to be seen by my patrons as a service ;)

xoxo,
SweetChiel

PuffBun
Regular
Deviantart: kasey-puff

#49 Post by PuffBun »

1. Which character caught your attention the most?
Honestly, I love all of them! But now I'm also super interested in this antagonist bachelor ^.^

2. What do you expect to see in Bermuda?
An interesting and unique plot with lovable characters like you always do ^^

3. Will you guys be happy if I add a route to romance the antagonist? xD
Absolutely! Please! :D I always love it when the antagonist has a romance route! And I think you can do an amazing job of that. :)

4 It will took awhile until I publish a demo since I still have things to experiment with Ren'Py -but feel free to give suggestion/critiques :'3
Maybe consider adding more "bachelors"? Along with the antagonistic love interest, which would be an awesome addition!

Junesong
Regular

#50 Post by Junesong »

Yay! I cannot wait to play this game, I loved the first one so so so much! ^_^

- Arya, because I love the mystery of him having his face covered and I absolutely love romancing the tsundere type :3
- Romance! Happiness! Cuteness! Actually I have no idea, I just know that it's going to be amazing.
- YES! YEEEES! So much yes! DO IT! :D

gothicat

#51 Post by gothicat »

Oh my, I can't believe I'm only just now seeing this.

First, let me start by saying that I absolutely adored Nusantara: The Winged Ones. It is by far my absolute favorite indie otome game, in my opinion it's much better than most of the commercial indie otomes games and I'll defend that to the death. So good that I felt a bit bad that it was free. I loved the plot, I loved the art, I loved the side-characters and I did enjoy going through all the routes, even if in the end I was only passionately in awe with one of them (Reksa's route in case you're curious, but I did also love Mitra's route, despite the fact that many didn't enjoy it that much due to the lack of skinship. I liked the plot of Rama's route, but the character wasn't my type).

So I am definitively going to support this project. However I must admit admit that the none of the characters appeal to me so far. I don't know, their descriptions and looks just don't click with me. The story is also less appealing to me, since I really loved the traveling to the past plot of the original Nusantara. The tarot elements also have not clicked with me thus far. But your previous game left me with a huge amount of faith in you, so I will get it regardless. Besides, Reksa looked the least appealing to me initially and he ended up my favourite, so I haven't written any of the characters out.

Now for the questions:
1. As I've said before, none of them appeal to me so far. But if I have to choose I'll say Arya, because I enjoy stories that touch on blindness, and I have not played an otome game with a character that is blind from the start of the story.
2. No idea. Hopefully an interesting environment to explore that is different from a city. Part of what I liked from the original Nusantara's setting is that it was different from the usual stuff.
3. Oh yes, yes, yes, yes! I love antagonist routes, since the villains are usually the most interesting characters, and even if they're not, they're at least different. I usually hate jerk characters in otome games because I don't see how the heck they can be such arseholes and still be a "desirable and good guy" for my heroine, but I give antagonists a pass since, well, they're antagonists. The game doesn't try to convince that a guy like that is normally desirable or that their actions are justified and totally cool, because they're the default bad guys. That is something that I can understand. I am behind this choice 100%, and you can keep them as evil as you want and only give them bad endings, I'll be a happy camper regardless.
4. My main concern right now is how interesting the environment around us is going to be. Nusantara had a fairly rare shtick, games that are set that far back to the past are rare. But games with a urbanized environment, even with some supernatural elements, are a dime a dozen. So making it stand out will be a true test of skill.

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#52 Post by SweetChiel »

gothicat wrote:Oh my, I can't believe I'm only just now seeing this.

First, let me start by saying that I absolutely adored Nusantara: The Winged Ones. It is by far my absolute favorite indie otome game, in my opinion it's much better than most of the commercial indie otomes games and I'll defend that to the death. So good that I felt a bit bad that it was free. I loved the plot, I loved the art, I loved the side-characters and I did enjoy going through all the routes, even if in the end I was only passionately in awe with one of them (Reksa's route in case you're curious, but I did also love Mitra's route, despite the fact that many didn't enjoy it that much due to the lack of skinship. I liked the plot of Rama's route, but the character wasn't my type).

So I am definitively going to support this project. However I must admit admit that the none of the characters appeal to me so far. I don't know, their descriptions and looks just don't click with me. The story is also less appealing to me, since I really loved the traveling to the past plot of the original Nusantara. The tarot elements also have not clicked with me thus far. But your previous game left me with a huge amount of faith in you, so I will get it regardless. Besides, Reksa looked the least appealing to me initially and he ended up my favourite, so I haven't written any of the characters out.

Now for the questions:
1. As I've said before, none of them appeal to me so far. But if I have to choose I'll say Arya, because I enjoy stories that touch on blindness, and I have not played an otome game with a character that is blind from the start of the story.
2. No idea. Hopefully an interesting environment to explore that is different from a city. Part of what I liked from the original Nusantara's setting is that it was different from the usual stuff.
3. Oh yes, yes, yes, yes! I love antagonist routes, since the villains are usually the most interesting characters, and even if they're not, they're at least different. I usually hate jerk characters in otome games because I don't see how the heck they can be such arseholes and still be a "desirable and good guy" for my heroine, but I give antagonists a pass since, well, they're antagonists. The game doesn't try to convince that a guy like that is normally desirable or that their actions are justified and totally cool, because they're the default bad guys. That is something that I can understand. I am behind this choice 100%, and you can keep them as evil as you want and only give them bad endings, I'll be a happy camper regardless.
4. My main concern right now is how interesting the environment around us is going to be. Nusantara had a fairly rare shtick, games that are set that far back to the past are rare. But games with a urbanized environment, even with some supernatural elements, are a dime a dozen. So making it stand out will be a true test of skill.
Hi gothicat! Glad to see you back in my 2nd project :"3
I'm really happy to read your review first time in the morning x'D thanks for giving Winged Ones a chance and loving it in return; I'll definitely try my best to live up to your expectation!
Also, I think there's a little misunderstanding with the setting x'D
I said that it's not a sequel but set in the same 'world'; that means it's the same world with Winged Ones ^.^- if you look at the world map closely, see the small island in the middle? That is where Winged Ones' story happened x'D

Though I have to admit that Bermuda's chapter 1 will be covering the domestic part of the MC first before the travelling part x')
1. Good choice ;) as expected, Arya and Guntur were dominating the polls x'D
2. Yup~ don't worry, I've never been a big fan of cities -did you see at how much buildings I have to draw? D': I'd rather have beautiful forest and landscapees ~
3. Lol I laughed so much at this one x'D but I understand what you mean with how antagonist would usually have bad endings. I can't say anything about this without spoiling you -but I think you're going to like it! His route is the most exciting for me -I can't wait to write it! Q_Q
so... just wait for it! I'm sure you won't be disappointed :"3
4. Yup~ already explained above and will probably have to wait until the demo is out first :"3

Thank you so much for your support and for visiting!
Xoxo,
SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 12/12/2016

#53 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi guys!
Chapter 1 is finally finished!! x'D
Word count: 29k+ Words

I say good luck for my proofreaders who is working so hard along with their daily lives and school :'3

Ahhh, I'm so happy with the overall result! Chapter 1 is covering the MC's domestic story -I thought it won't be as exciting as the travelling part, but it's really quite enjoyable x')

Other than that, I also did:
- Finished 1 bonus CG (1 more left!)
- I decided to make Aryan's bonus CG as a full-colored CG instead. Honestly, other than this there's a lot more visual asset to be done but I don't care about the workload anymore :')) I'll just do one at a time to produce the maximum output for the demo!
- 1 CG line-art about Maya

Also, I can't believe I forgot to post the 100% full-view of Jakarta's map O.O; I'm sorry!

Here's another Background sneak peek of the 'world' she would be exploring :'3 it's just a small part of the 'world' though.

As for my patrons, You'll get a full-view of Kah'lil's bonus CG! x'D The bonus CG will only appear once after their first meeting event. From there on, they will appear one by one when you successfully entered their route. Be noted that it's in a different category than a full-colored CG!

Next week... I'll focus on finishing the mini game and visual assets again ;)
xoxo,
SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 12/19/2016

#54 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi guys!
Thanks to a friend's encouragement, I turned into a beast last week :'D

I finished quite a lot that I surprised myself:
- I finished some CGs and almost all of their line-arts are done. Present count: total of 8 full-colored CGs (3 done, 5 WIP) + 3 bonus CG (2 done, 1 still in WIP)
- finished 3 additional chibi actions
- Minigame programming is done!! YASH!!
- edited some parts of chapter 1

My proofreaders seemed to be taken aback at how much pages there are in chapter 1 even though it was mostly the 1.5 spacing + dialogues x'D sorry guys!

Anyways, I'm happy with the results from last week and I'll continue working on the CGs for now along with my commissions!
Here's a little something to celebrate last week ^^- The lines look a little rough in here but they shouldn't be in the game.
Sneak peek of the minigame will be only available for my patrons ><

That's it for now and see you again next week!
xoxo,
SweetChiel

myuunie
Tumblr: myuun

#55 Post by myuunie »

I am BACK to comment on one of the most amazing game creators ever! I read your comment to my comment on your Nusantara thread and I did want to come by and just put a little input and fangirl over your new game!

I am SO SO SO EXCITED!

I LOVED Nusantara so much and I am so glad that you are doing another one. And although it isn't free, it is absolutely going to be worth every single penny. Honest to God the beauty and the story of Nusantara was worth money and I am glad that you value yourself and your art to place a price on it because it is WORTH the buy. Which I definitely will!

DANG if I wasn't so broke I would totally donate to your Patreon!
Hopefully after Christmas is over and I get more money I can do so!

For now though I hope you know how excited I am and now I shall answer some of your questions!

---

Guntur! I can't help but always go for the muscley-kind-gruff kind of dudes on otomes.
He is just so BURLY. And he looks like he is gonna end up being really kind and nice and I CAN SEE IT.

An amazing story! I don't even have to know anything about it, not even a thing, to know how incredibly well written it's going to be. And how well written the characters are! And there are so many other characters we have still yet to meet and I am so so so excited to learn about them in the game. Honestly I can already expect an amazingly written tale with great characters.

YES. ROMANCING THE EVIL SIDE IS ALWAYS FUN! That would be awesome.

4. It will took awhile until I publish a demo since I still have things to experiment with Ren'Py -but feel free to give suggestion/critiques :'3

I don't really have any suggestions, you know what you're doing, you can definitely do it well and I know how hard you are working towards it. I am just really eager for it to come out and get to experience another wonderful game of yours!

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#56 Post by SweetChiel »

myuunie wrote:I am BACK to comment on one of the most amazing game creators ever! I read your comment to my comment on your Nusantara thread and I did want to come by and just put a little input and fangirl over your new game!

I am SO SO SO EXCITED!

I LOVED Nusantara so much and I am so glad that you are doing another one. And although it isn't free, it is absolutely going to be worth every single penny. Honest to God the beauty and the story of Nusantara was worth money and I am glad that you value yourself and your art to place a price on it because it is WORTH the buy. Which I definitely will!

DANG if I wasn't so broke I would totally donate to your Patreon!
Hopefully after Christmas is over and I get more money I can do so!

For now though I hope you know how excited I am and now I shall answer some of your questions!

---

Guntur! I can't help but always go for the muscley-kind-gruff kind of dudes on otomes.
He is just so BURLY. And he looks like he is gonna end up being really kind and nice and I CAN SEE IT.

An amazing story! I don't even have to know anything about it, not even a thing, to know how incredibly well written it's going to be. And how well written the characters are! And there are so many other characters we have still yet to meet and I am so so so excited to learn about them in the game. Honestly I can already expect an amazingly written tale with great characters.

YES. ROMANCING THE EVIL SIDE IS ALWAYS FUN! That would be awesome.

4. It will took awhile until I publish a demo since I still have things to experiment with Ren'Py -but feel free to give suggestion/critiques :'3

I don't really have any suggestions, you know what you're doing, you can definitely do it well and I know how hard you are working towards it. I am just really eager for it to come out and get to experience another wonderful game of yours!

WOOOO Glad to see you back myunie! x'D *hugs
You really flattered me with your comment up there >////< I'm bouncing with giddiness when I see how much you seem to love the Winged Ones :'3 I couldn't ask for anything else!
I still have lots to learn and improve tho, I'll strive to make better stories for you guys who've been an enormous source of motivation and support!

Also, thanks for answering the questions, dear <3 I have to warn you that Bermuda is a bit milder than the Winged Ones tho :'3 (both in positive and negative ways) so prepare your heart for it!

1. x'DD what can I say? I think our types matches perfectly! lol, you have good eyes. But you might be surprised later ;)

2. *Gasp* How did you know!? *looks around if there's any hidden camera* x'D lol, I'll do my best to meet your expectations! I can say that Bermuda will be a LOT longer than Winged Ones tho, much to my happiness and dismay :')

3. YES, I 100% AGREE! Argh, I can't comment much here without blabbering too much hint x'D

4. Honestly, I'm really touched by how much trust you put into me :'D It makes me feel warm to see you guys liking and loving my VN as much as I do if not more. It's what push me forward and continue despite how much I procrastinate!

Thanks again myuunie and stay updated! x'D I can't wait to hear what you think when the demo is out!

xoxo,
SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 12/26/2016

#57 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi guys!! Once again, Merry Christmas!!! x'D

I'm still riding last week's monster wave of motivation, and the result is awesome! I picked up the slack and just a little bit more until I could focus on script and finally start programming!
I finished:
- 3 CGs
- 1 sprite new costume
- finished programming the Minigame
- finished programming relationship status page + other features <3 (Still a secret for now ~)

I tried a new technique for a few CGs that I determined to be 'trick'-able. Hmm, tell me if you noticed later ;)

Gosh, I finished so much but I won't put a preview of a CG since I want you to enjoy it entirely in game x'D So here, a preview of Prologue for free users and a sneak peek of relationship status page for my Patrons!

Ahh, I might take it easy for the next few days since I felt a bit drained x.x
Anyways, see you again next week!

xoxo,
SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

Regarding next update~

#58 Post by SweetChiel »

Since tomorrow I won't be available due to a traditional family event, I want to post a little info regarding next week's update and share a fanart of Rama by Kurozora-Konoi <3
NEW YEAR IS ALMOST HERE!! x'D

Have you guys decided on a new resolution/goal for next year? Looking back, I sigh in both relief and satisfaction that Winged Ones is still being appreciated and enjoyed by more people every day.

I never imagined to be making Visual Novels like this if not for you guys' support x'D

I hope all of you would get a better and brighter year in 2017! Remember that if life throws you a lemon, make a lemonade from it! If life rains you lemons, make lemon cakes beside your lemonades!

Next year, one of my goals is definitely to continue making progress with Bermuda. I will also strive to improve quality-control and my art. Hopefully, my gamer tendencies will not go berserk anytime soon :')) Lord knows what could happen if I suddenly get addicted to a particular game and forgot about my duties for 3 straight days...

*cough*

Anyways! Here are some important things:

Next week's post will be slightly delayed due to my family's traditional gathering and counting down the final moments of 2016! :'D

In addition of an update, step by step WIP tutorial of a new forest background + easy tricks to calibrate/blend it with another forest background; it will be useful for those who have visual novels with lots of forest setting (like me x'D). We don't want readers to think we suddenly 'teleported' from one forest to another forest when in fact, it's still in the same area, right? :')

I will post a sneak peek tomorrow while the tutorial itself will be available at 2nd January or 3rd January!

Have a nice celebration guys! Let's all work hard and play hard! >:'D

Original link of the fan-art:

http://kurozora-konoi.deviantart.com/art/Rama-651311705

xoxo,

SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 01/02/2017

#59 Post by SweetChiel »

HAPPY BELATED NEW YEAR GUYS!! x'D
I spent new years with my family and ate like a cow lol

Here's a little gift from me~
Tamara finally passed the baton to Maya :'3
Download link for max resolution: DOWNLOAD

I finished some things last week but not much:
- Added some chibi illustrations (4 parts)
- New sprite pose for Kah'lil
- Added 1 new tarot card illustration
- Tinkering with CGs finishing touches

I think not much is left aside from script and BGM/SFX o.o
Pray so my muse comply with me and my wishes x'D I really want to start the juicy programming!

Other than that... For December, my tier 3 Patrons will receive another forest tutorial! This time, my tricks will be revealed >///<

Thanks for sticking with me guys :'3
See you again next week!

xoxo,
SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 01/09/2017

#60 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi guys!
Last week was not so great to be honest, still struggling with the script ><
- There was a lot of heavy editing on chapter 1 and I'm still not satisfied with it so there will be more editing in the future
- 5.8k+ words on chapter 2, roughly 50% more until I finish chapter 2's demo coverage

I'm having a little trouble with my muse since there are a lot of new elements to introduce but I think it will be done next week o.o;

My proofreaders are a bit behind (they didn't expect 100+ pages in chapter 1 part 3 lol x'D I swear, it was the 14 font and 1.5 spacing!) but so far so good! They've been a lot of help with my grammar, over-used words, and pointed out awkward sentences.

Wish us luck guys!
Oh, and no sneak peeks today, sorry!

xoxo,
SweetChiel