[IndieGoGo LIVE] Nusantara:Bermuda Triangle [GxB]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Nusantara:Bermuda Triangle Genre [GxB] [Fantasy] [Advent

#76 Post by Zelan »

Aww, that sucks about having a tooth pulled. At least it's over with now, right?

Wow, you got a lot done even with that going on! The screenshots are looking fantastic. ^_^

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Nusantara: Legend of the Winged Ones
Deviantart: SweetChiel

UPDATE 02/13/2017

#77 Post by SweetChiel »

UPDATE 02/13/2017

Last week was... um, not as satisfying as two weeks ago! ><

On Monday I didn't get much work done. On Tuesday, I got my back tooth pulled out, rested, and didn't get back to work until Thursday.

My time was then sucked by character sprites preparations a.k.a make them blink.
I was clumsy enough to realize that I've merged almost all the layers together and ended up cleaning their eyes manually :(

- re-sizing demo sprites
- Close Up Sprites almost all done except for Arya and 2 side character (6 Done)
- 4 normal sprites blinking done.
- found an error at World map and fixed it.
- Programming Chapter 1 part 2, 3/54 pages.

You might wonder why the heck these preparations took so much time; well, I have lots of .png files to manage and like cooking, they will take 75% of my time including programming them.

To make them blink, I have to separate their faces, eyebrows, mouth, and eyes separately to save space and I haven't even program them yet :'))

Also, I a have a bad habit of blanking out whenever I have loads to do -I know it sounds silly, but I get confused whenever I wanted to choose which one should be done first x'D

Argh, I gotta get a grip!

That's it for today guys! I've included a screenshot of my .psd file lol, look at all those folders :'D

xoxo,
SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#78 Post by SweetChiel »

Zelan wrote:Aww, that sucks about having a tooth pulled. At least it's over with now, right?

Wow, you got a lot done even with that going on! The screenshots are looking fantastic. ^_^
Hi Zelan, and yup it's over now! Pulling out the tooth got postponed until last week's Tuesday since there is still some swelling and my dentist can't do anything until it's all good x'D

Also, thanks! Glad you like the screenshots!
Better enjoy them now since they will be greatly reduced when I started focusing on programming x'D

Thanks for visiting, Zelan :'D

Amberbaum
Regular

#79 Post by Amberbaum »

Those sprites looks so cool. I love how different their bodies are :3
Last edited by Amberbaum on Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#80 Post by SweetChiel »

Amberbaum wrote:Those sprites looks so cool. I love how different their bodies are are :3
Me too! it's fun to compare them and make little differences here and there to make each of them unique :'3
Thanks for visiting as always, Amberbaum! <3

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 2/20/2017

#81 Post by SweetChiel »

UPDATE 2/20/2017

Hi guys! Last week was... so-so I think :/

I spent a lot of time looking for BGMs, sound effects, and re-sizing before continuing programming :'D
I think I can do better but not as bad as I thought!

Here's the list~
- Re-sizing sprites and done all the minimum expressions they should have (I have no idea it could be this tiring just to organize their folders and save separate .png files of their face elements x'DD)
- Done a new pose for a major character
- Done new item icon which I forgot it existed x'D
- BGMs & Sfxs, but more on the Sfx side
- Programming Chapter 1 part 2 is at 13/54 pages!

Hmm, I think I'll hold on the previews/sneak peeks for now. I'm a little afraid I won't have enough sneak peeks until demo is out lol.
Meanwhile, Juno is very healthy and now 3 months old! His size is double from last month and I gotta get him to the vet on 27th for another shot :'3

Still the same dork I love but... maybe he's a little too energetic? x'D
I got a pretty long thin scar on my left leg from him jumping around and grabbing my leg from wanting attention/playing -and boy, don't get me started on his teething habits.

-Okay I'll stop now before I start rambling about him :'D

Wish me luck on the programming guys!
xoxo,
SweetChiel

Arkhane
Regular

#82 Post by Arkhane »

Hello Chiel :3

You call for cheerings? Here I am!

Keep up the good work :3
Good luck and everything you want \o/

Bye bye ;)

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#83 Post by SweetChiel »

Arkhane wrote:Hello Chiel :3

You call for cheerings? Here I am!

Keep up the good work :3
Good luck and everything you want \o/

Bye bye ;)
Aww, Hi and thanks Arkhane! *glomps*
I need that! x'D especially after one hell of a programming last week lol.
I'm sure glad you spared some time for me :'D

Byee and thanks for visiting and cheering me up :'3

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 02/27/2017

#84 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi guys! Last week I pushed and pushed the programming to the limits x'D well, as much as I could do in a week lol.

Here's the list of what I did last week and I also got a new sneak peek for you:
- I did lots of sillhouettes for ETC sprites. Around... 7 or 8 I think. I'm too lazy to count them since I always made a new one whenever needed :'D
I also recycled some of the silhouettes from Winged Ones.
- Programming Chapter 1 part 2 is DONE! Yup, all 54/54 pages. Next one, chapter 1 part 3 is 155 pages x'D
- Fixed a worldmap error where it get skipped when you press ctrl.
- Re-make of Sky backgrounds (morning-afternoon-night)
- A bunch of expressions
- Minor animation for one of the backgrounds + visual effects
- new sfxs + BGMs picked & edited by me.

Also, a sad news is that one of my BGM composer gives up since she can't fulfill my very picky taste :"(
Thankfully, I found Albert Fernández. He is another talented composer who is willing to try and work together with me! Please give him a warm welcome <3

Anyways, I'll try to keep up the pace. Phew, wish me luck guys!

xoxo,
SweetChiel

P.S. for my patrons, I'll give them a sneak peek of Kah'lil's design history x'D

Amberbaum
Regular

Re: UPDATE 02/27/2017

#85 Post by Amberbaum »

Wow, looks like you are on the roll. Those silhouettes look neat and practical.
SweetChiel wrote:- new sfxs + BGMs picked & edited by me.
*drools* Do we get some nice ambient soundscape? Or at least partly? Like a forest or the humming of a ship engine?
SweetChiel wrote:Thankfully, I found Albert Fernández. He is another talented composer who is willing to try and work together with me! Please give him a warm welcome <3
Hello! Hope you enjoy your stay and I am looking forward hearing your compositions for this project :)

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#86 Post by SweetChiel »

Amberbaum wrote:Wow, looks like you are on the roll. Those silhouettes look neat and practical.
SweetChiel wrote:- new sfxs + BGMs picked & edited by me.
*drools* Do we get some nice ambient soundscape? Or at least partly? Like a forest or the humming of a ship engine?
SweetChiel wrote:Thankfully, I found Albert Fernández. He is another talented composer who is willing to try and work together with me! Please give him a warm welcome <3
Hello! Hope you enjoy your stay and I am looking forward hearing your compositions for this project :)
Thanks Amberbaum!
They're easy to make compared to the others, but they're quite a job to do when there's a bunch of them and more x'D curse my forgetfullness!
And yup! There will be both new and old ambients :"3 it will never be silent if I can help it x'D

Three cheers for Albert! His musics are so far so GREAT! It's really a challenge for me to find a fitting music with perfect mood :"D I too, hope Albert will stay with me till the last drop of our blood *dramatic drum*

*cough*
Thanks for visiting and see you next week! Boy, am I glad to see some people are still patiently waiting for me :"3

xoxo,
SweetChiel

Amberbaum
Regular

#87 Post by Amberbaum »

SweetChiel wrote:*cough*
Thanks for visiting and see you next week! Boy, am I glad to see some people are still patiently waiting for me :"3
Aww, don't say that. Game and Visual Novel development takes time. If you rush it too much it will turn out to be mediocre or a diamond in the rough. I am sure that there are a lot of people that are eagerly awaiting your new project. Your first project was very well received and I am always so impressed to see such quality from free VNs. Anyway, I think legend of the winged ones is one of the best commercials you can have for your current project.
SweetChiel wrote: They're easy to make compared to the others, but they're quite a job to do when there's a bunch of them and more x'D curse my forgetfullness!
And yup! There will be both new and old ambients :"3 it will never be silent if I can help it x'D
That sounds great =3 . I gotta say that I have a thing for soundscapes. If properly used it can enhance a scene, add more to the environment by letting the player hear instead of read. It can even replace music in some scenes to add more to the tensions or...uh let a scene flow?...breath? To be honest, "the more the better" cannot be always applied here. Sometimes you just need one good ambient sound-effect to create a great scenery. Sword Daughter from Hanako games comes to my mind as an example. If I have to pick a mix between music and ambient sound-effect then my first and most loved example would be this "music" track from Soft Note

So, uh....that's enough rambling about my love for sound-effects and sorry for spamming your forum thread. I understand that finding/creating sound effects can be rather costly and time-consuming, so please.....no pressure on my part :oops:

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#88 Post by SweetChiel »

Amberbaum wrote:
SweetChiel wrote:*cough*
Aww, don't say that. Game and Visual Novel development takes time. If you rush it too much it will turn out to be mediocre or a diamond in the rough. I am sure that there are a lot of people that are eagerly awaiting your new project. Your first project was very well received and I am always so impressed to see such quality from free VNs. Anyway, I think legend of the winged ones is one of the best commercials you can have for your current project.
SweetChiel wrote: They're easy to make compared to the others, but they're quite a job to do when there's a bunch of them and more x'D curse my forgetfullness!
That sounds great =3 . I gotta say that I have a thing for soundscapes. If properly used it can enhance a scene, add more to the environment by letting the player hear instead of read. It can even replace music in some scenes to add more to the tensions or...uh let a scene flow?...breath? To be honest, "the more the better" cannot be always applied here. Sometimes you just need one good ambient sound-effect to create a great scenery. Sword Daughter from Hanako games comes to my mind as an example. If I have to pick a mix between music and ambient sound-effect then my first and most loved example would be this "music" track from Soft Note

So, uh....that's enough rambling about my love for sound-effects and sorry for spamming your forum thread. I understand that finding/creating sound effects can be rather costly and time-consuming, so please.....no pressure on my part :oops:
No, no please dont stop coming/talking x'D I love it when people communicates to me like this; your thoughts, expectations, opinions -they're like a sweet fuel for me :'D

And yes, I agree that on the right times, ambients will be just right and enough for some scenes! I also like to mix it or play it along with instrumental musics -with the perfect balance, it will wont clash. It's like magic! X'D
Aside from programming/animation that 'breathes life' into our VN, SFX and BGMs are a must! Like a lot of people say, horror movies will not be scary without the sound lol :"))

I've never played Sword Daughter before, so thanks for the recommendation! The sample you gave me is great too like, ethereal/magical fantasy feeling Q_Q I think I can hear it over and over again and not get bored when I'm working!

Ahh, all in all, I'm so happy someonw understands how it can be time consuming just to look for the right musics/sfxs x'D

I hope this text-wall wont discourage you from coming again lol

Xoxo,
SweetChiel

Alia
Regular

#89 Post by Alia »

I'm very excited about this, and I, too, really enjoy your progress updates.

1. Which character caught your attention the most?
The guy in the three-piece suit. There's nothing like a sharp suit with a pair of sunglasses to say, "I refuse to compromise my awesomeness. I will not dress formal or casual." I hope he doesn't turn out to be a slimy pimp or something; I might have to cry.

2. What do you expect to see in Bermuda?
The world saved and/or destroyed.
Romance. (And maybe a lack of it as well? It's always nice when there's the possibility of saving the day even when the romance doesn't work out.)
Excitingly unusual culture(s). (I loved that about N:LotWO, how the cultural flavor was different from the more common "modern Japanese/American" and "pseudo-medieval European.")
Puzzle pieces that don't become clear until you've played a specific character's route. (Again, like in N:LotWO. Hmm, now that I think about it that was my favorite thing about azureXtwilight's Doppleganger.)
Mythology and legends! (If the bachelors are reincarnated gods I assume we'll hear about their stories.)
Maya becoming awesome. (Unless she's already awesome, but if it's a longer story I expect you plan to have her grow.)
Maybe cameos? Reksa's was my favorite route in N:LotWO, but if she ended up with Mitra I really want them to have had kids and am worried about whether their genes might be too far apart. That... that sounds like a really silly fan thing when I say it out loud. >.<

It's not as strong as being an expectation, but I am very curious about the intro's mention of "a mermaid who sacrificed her voice to be with her beloved." In the original story (the one where she dies https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Little_Mermaid) the Little Mermaid is a dancer. Since Maya is a dancer, I wonder if there will be other parallels... Or I may just be making strange connections. :D

3. Will you guys be happy if I add a route to romance the antagonist? xD
More romance routes always make me happy!

4 It will took awhile until I publish a demo since I still have things to experiment with Ren'Py -but feel free to give suggestion/critiques :'3
I know absolutely nothing about programming, so forgive me if this is a ridiculous question: since this game will be longer than N:LotWO will there be a way to skip ahead/fast-forward more quickly?
Also, do you know how many chapters it will be, yet?
Suggestion: I find voice acting (partial or full) to be distracting, and will probably turn it off if it does happen. (Don't know whether I'm in the majority on that or not.) Please put extra Indigogo money toward making backgrounds/CGs/sprites, instead! (It sounds like you have lots of them planned. Yay!)

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#90 Post by SweetChiel »

Alia wrote:I'm very excited about this, and I, too, really enjoy your progress updates.

1. Which character caught your attention the most?
The guy in the three-piece suit. There's nothing like a sharp suit with a pair of sunglasses to say, "I refuse to compromise my awesomeness. I will not dress formal or casual." I hope he doesn't turn out to be a slimy pimp or something; I might have to cry.

2. What do you expect to see in Bermuda?
The world saved and/or destroyed.
Romance. (And maybe a lack of it as well? It's always nice when there's the possibility of saving the day even when the romance doesn't work out.)
Excitingly unusual culture(s). (I loved that about N:LotWO, how the cultural flavor was different from the more common "modern Japanese/American" and "pseudo-medieval European.")
Puzzle pieces that don't become clear until you've played a specific character's route. (Again, like in N:LotWO. Hmm, now that I think about it that was my favorite thing about azureXtwilight's Doppleganger.)
Mythology and legends! (If the bachelors are reincarnated gods I assume we'll hear about their stories.)
Maya becoming awesome. (Unless she's already awesome, but if it's a longer story I expect you plan to have her grow.)
Maybe cameos? Reksa's was my favorite route in N:LotWO, but if she ended up with Mitra I really want them to have had kids and am worried about whether their genes might be too far apart. That... that sounds like a really silly fan thing when I say it out loud. >.<

It's not as strong as being an expectation, but I am very curious about the intro's mention of "a mermaid who sacrificed her voice to be with her beloved." In the original story (the one where she dies https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Little_Mermaid) the Little Mermaid is a dancer. Since Maya is a dancer, I wonder if there will be other parallels... Or I may just be making strange connections. :D

3. Will you guys be happy if I add a route to romance the antagonist? xD
More romance routes always make me happy!

4 It will took awhile until I publish a demo since I still have things to experiment with Ren'Py -but feel free to give suggestion/critiques :'3
I know absolutely nothing about programming, so forgive me if this is a ridiculous question: since this game will be longer than N:LotWO will there be a way to skip ahead/fast-forward more quickly?
Also, do you know how many chapters it will be, yet?
Suggestion: I find voice acting (partial or full) to be distracting, and will probably turn it off if it does happen. (Don't know whether I'm in the majority on that or not.) Please put extra Indigogo money toward making backgrounds/CGs/sprites, instead! (It sounds like you have lots of them planned. Yay!)

Hi Alia! I found myself immensely amused reading your review x'D

1. Um, you don't mean this guy, right? :'))
>>>Image
Arya is wearing a mask, but lol, Maya also mistook it as a sunglasses at first x'D
A lot of people seem to get attracted by either Arya or Guntur. However, I will look forward for your opinion about him later after you play the demo :')

2. Wow, you're so straight forward here. I LOVE IT!
I found a few cannons that will happen, like:
- The unusual culture. I plan to insert elements of Indonesian culture in all my VNs if I can help it x')
- Puzzle pieces. Mystery, yes? This is actually a new field that I'm trying to do right now and it consumes my time at early production x'D

-and finally! Congratulations for being the first one who noticed the bachelors are reincarnation of Gods -and yes! Each of them will have their own stories to tell. Hmm, I will probably have to change the synopsis to make it more notice-able eh? O.o some people even mistook Bermuda's setting even though I put a big photo of an island at the front page x'DD

Okay, I will stop here before I spilled all the beans!

3. I agree! who doesn't want more handsome pursue-able guys? x'D

4. Ah yes, I added quick-buttons under the chatbox that includes skip button. I apologize since I didn't add anything in Winged Ones >< I was too used skipping visual novels by pressing ctrl.

In my calculation, there should be around 5 chapters. Well, 6 chapters at most. Until today, I've only wrote until chapter 2 part 1 and that is the demo part :'D

As for your suggestion, yes, I also find myself skeptical whether to put voice actors into Bermuda for several reasons; it's hard to find voices for the bachelors that are as perfect as I imagined them to be and if I do have them, it will take more time for me to complete the VN. Good Lords know how impatient I could be regarding this subject :')
For now, I think I won't add a voice acting unless I found a very dependable organization that can meet my strict deadline and demands.

And don't worry, I do plan to set a strech goal for more art assets like you've listed above 'BGs, CGs, sprite poses, animation, etc'. It will be like an upgrade and I really hope this goal will be reached to get maximum result ><