[IndieGoGo LIVE] Nusantara:Bermuda Triangle [GxB]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Nusantara: Legend of the Winged Ones
Deviantart: SweetChiel

UPDATE 11/7/2016

#31 Post by SweetChiel »

Last week was pretty... should I say, adventurous? No, it's more like hectic :'D
The bonus illustration's .psd file got corrupted so I ended up making it again from scratch. I think I got a gloomy cloud over my head every time photoshop said 'the file cannot be opened because it's empty'.

But good news is; despite the challenge, I managed to finish a few things!
- Starting to write script and proofreading
One of my proofreaders is nowhere to be seen tho o.o; I hope she's okay and contact my email soon

- Finished 1 simple background with 4 objects -Honestly, I ended up adding new things I need to make for demo :')) this happened while I wrote the script... I feel like a masochist *sob*

- Last 2 Chibis illustrations are DONE! Hallelujah!

- 1 CG lineart for Maya's CG is done and maybe need to be revised later.

Last but not least, I decided to take a break for maybe 2-3 days to refresh my mind a break and to focus on writing script -Lord knows what new things will be added later when I write *gulp*

Not much sneak peeks this week, sorry guys! x'D

xoxo,
SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 11/14/2016

#32 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi guys!
Last week, I took 3 days off and flirted with my bed lol *cough* anyway... I decided to divide chapter 1 into a few parts. It helps me to think and review things better.
My proofreaders also started to work as well. Currently, I have part 1 finished, and part 2 still on going:

Part 1:

Part 2:

The progress for this entire chapter 1 I'm planning for demo is... barely 50% -Yes, I know. I'm quite slow at writing and my muse is a fickle thing x'D
I might go back and review everything again once chapter 1 is finished though.

I also have this background sneak peek to show ~ (200% zoom in. full view is only for my patrons, sorry guys! You'll have to wait for the demo to see it :'3)

I hope all of you have had better weekends then mine... Oh, and I have to tell you that; progress might get slowed down next week since... I have Pokemon Sun to play >.< I'm quite hyped and counting down the days until it's officially released!

xoxo,
SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 11/21/2016

#33 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi-ya guys!
Before I knew it, it's Monday! :'))
I almost posted an update yesterday since I forgot to check the date OTL

Chapter 1 is still on progress -my muse is being skeptical while my proofreaders are being eager x'D the pressure! hahahahah.
I want to deliver the demo A.S.A.P though.

Okay, so without further ado, these are what I did last week:
- Chapter 1 : Total 9k+ words
- 4 Tarot card images ( 3 front, 1 back design)

Can any of you guess what card is in this sneakpeek? x)

As you can see, I'm going with a stained-glass style, but not too fancy since I don't want to get carried away o.o;

Chapter 1 is around... 65% completed.
The rest of it is a bit hard for me to write; I think I can make it better but I don't have any creative ideas atm (a small writer's block, maybe? o.o)

For now, I'm going to look for new ideas, pump my brain, and see where it will lead me x')

See you again!
xoxo,
SweetChiel

P.S. full view of sneak peeks can be seen in my $5 Patreon!

Amberbaum
Regular

Re: Nusantara:Bermuda Triangle Genre [GxB] [Fantasy] [Advent

#34 Post by Amberbaum »

It's either the Empress or the High-Priestess.

Edit: Or maybe the star? It looks more like sceptre than a goblet, tho. So maybe not the star.

King-sama
Veteran
Deviantart: Treepastry

#35 Post by King-sama »

The chibis are so cute!!! especially the one hid behind the treas~
When will I be able to see the rest of them?? QAQ

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#36 Post by SweetChiel »

Amberbaum wrote:It's either the Empress or the High-Priestess.

Edit: Or maybe the star? It looks more like sceptre than a goblet, tho. So maybe not the star.
Thanks for visiting, Amberbaum!
Unfortunately you're wrong~ xD try again!
King-sama wrote:The chibis are so cute!!! especially the one hid behind the treas~
When will I be able to see the rest of them?? QAQ
Hi King-Sama!
Thanks but sadly, I'm keeping them exclusive for patrons & the demo x'D I don't want to spoil it too much ~
You can expect a lot of things to see in the future >:'3

Amberbaum
Regular

#37 Post by Amberbaum »

SweetChiel wrote:

Okay, then :). Next try: Am I right to assume that it is not one of the major arcana? And that it is on of the minor arcana? The Court cards? Wands, maybe swords.

IvoryOwl

Re: UPDATE 11/21/2016

#38 Post by IvoryOwl »

SweetChiel wrote:Hi-ya guys!
--snip--

--snip--
Hmm... I have a feeling its The Fool.
It would match Maya's personality too - a happy-go-lucky attitude towards things, an individual with potential that is about to go on a journey filled with risks and wonder.

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#39 Post by SweetChiel »

Amberbaum wrote:
SweetChiel wrote:

Okay, then :). Next try: Am I right to assume that it is not one of the major arcana? And that it is on of the minor arcana? The Court cards? Wands, maybe swords.
Yep, it's one of the major arcanas x')
and... is my drawing that bad? x'D I'm pretty sure what the silhouette is holding is not a sword :'D
IvoryOwl wrote:
SweetChiel wrote:Hi-ya guys!
--snip--

--snip--
Hmm... I have a feeling its The Fool.
It would match Maya's personality too - a happy-go-lucky attitude towards things, an individual with potential that is about to go on a journey filled with risks and wonder.
Close, but nope ~
I figure 'The Fool' will be pretty cliche and the game 'Persona' series already made like, a trademark of it x'D

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 11/28/2016

#40 Post by SweetChiel »

Good afternoon guys!
Last week was... more tiring than I thought x_x;
Squeezing my brain for ideas and inspiration was not fun.

Aryan's scene turned out better than expected -but I can't say the same about the others, especially Kah'lil's. He is... difficult for me to control and describe :'D that, or I need more time to set the mood properly so my muse could start working.

Hmm, maybe I should take a break and focus on programming a minigame and other features for now?

Anyways, here's what I did last week:
- Chapter 1 +7k words (Chapter 1 Total 16k+ words)
- 1 mini-CG, or it's more like an item? It's a CG about a newspaper:

Not much of a spoiler since it's already there in the synopsis x')

I think the lack of inspiration is because of lack of sleep? lately, I've been up until 3 AM and woke up at 9AM or 10AM. I don't know why, I've been restless... work has been tiring and I ended up reading or browsing until so late.

I'll do my best to sleep early & somehow fix my muse >.<;
xoxo,
SweetChiel

Kikaharu
Regular

#41 Post by Kikaharu »

Is the card the Magician? I was thinking that before but I also was looking at like all the tarot cards and was like oh jeez too many to decide from so there was quite a bit in my head.

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#42 Post by SweetChiel »

Kikaharu wrote:Is the card the Magician? I was thinking that before but I also was looking at like all the tarot cards and was like oh jeez too many to decide from so there was quite a bit in my head.
Mwahahah everything will be clear when the time is right x'D but I'll give you two hints to narrow down the cards; its one of the major arcanas and the background is not random colors; its a drop giveaway if you realize what it is.

ChyKittyCat
Deviantart: ChyKittyCat

#43 Post by ChyKittyCat »

Oh my <3 just stumbled across this. I'm so excited :D

Amberbaum
Regular

#44 Post by Amberbaum »

SweetChiel wrote:
Kikaharu wrote:Is the card the Magician? I was thinking that before but I also was looking at like all the tarot cards and was like oh jeez too many to decide from so there was quite a bit in my head.
Mwahahah everything will be clear when the time is right x'D but I'll give you two hints to narrow down the cards; its one of the major arcanas and the background is not random colors; its a drop giveaway if you realize what it is.
Don't tell me it's the Hierophant. The background looks like a church window.....but the Hierophant is not female. Uhhhh.... so maybe the world. The world has breast even thought they can be both gender.

This is tough.

IvoryOwl

#45 Post by IvoryOwl »

Amberbaum wrote:
SweetChiel wrote:
Don't tell me it's the Hierophant. The background looks like a church window.....but the Hierophant is not female. Uhhhh.... so maybe the world. The world has breast even thought they can be both gender.

This is tough.
You're right, it must be The World card!
Its a woman carrying a rod-like object with an edged tip and the stained glass behind her, after closer inspection, actually resembles Earth! Even the laurel is present, though, in traditional cards, it usually forms a circle around her. Could be an incomplete version or it could have been done on purpose, artist's choice and all that... but all the elements are there!