[IndieGoGo LIVE] Nusantara:Bermuda Triangle [GxB]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Nusantara: Legend of the Winged Ones
Deviantart: SweetChiel

Re: Nusantara:Bermuda Triangle Genre [GxB] [Fantasy] [Advent

#106 Post by SweetChiel »

chiharuchi wrote:I'm sure everyone is quietly stalking so I wanna say keep up the good work and thank you for making wonderful games. xD Waiting patiently (Impatiently) with my heart doki doki. * o *
YASSHH *throws cookies to all of my stalkers*
It always lifts my spirit to know about that :'3 Your patience will be rewarded! x'D

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

Breaking Through 22k+ Downloads!

#107 Post by SweetChiel »

Hey guys!
I've just checked my itch.io and guess what?
Nusantara: Legend of the Winged Ones broke through 22k+ downloads!!

Ahh I'm so happy that more people is playing and enjoying my story =////= You guys rocks!

I know that this number doesn't sound much compared to the big guns out there, but I really hope I can continue live my life doing what I love in the future >< so this is like a confidence boost!

Here's a small drawing to celebrate <3 Sorry guys! I hv no time to make semi-realism illustration since I'm still working on Bermuda ><

xoxo,
SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 04/17/2017

#108 Post by SweetChiel »

UPDATE 04/17/2017
Hi-ya guys!
So far so good <3

I've been really satisfied with the constant workflow these weeks ~ Other work also seem to progress just fine and I think I'm going to start working on Queen's Crown's CGs again sometime this week (my boss was participating in NanoReno so I got some slack last month x'D)

Anyways, here's what I did last week:
- Chapter 2 part 1 progress: 101/134 pages! Just a little more until the demo is done!! I'm hoping to get them finished in 2 weeks at most.
- 3 Minor items icon
- Minor gesture for Kahlil's sprite
- 3 head icon sillhouette for character events.

Here's a preview of the characters' event button in world map.
It will sometimes mixed with normal event so pay attention; if it's a character event, the icon will have a head silhouette of said character, but if it's common/mystery event, it will turn into an exclamation mark '!' instead.

Hmm, I think that covers today's update.
See you guys next week!

xoxo,
SweetChiel

Pssst! My patrons today will see Guntur's pose line arts I've prepared!

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 04/24/2017

#109 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi guys! last week... was a challenge ><
I tried hard to finish the programming, but fell short of 5 pages!! Dang it, so close!

- Programming progress 129/134 pages.
- Finished minigame programming + application for the demo.
- revised + edited some parts of the script.

Hmm, I think the progress is so-so O.o
I'll definitely finish programming this week tho. I guess I got distracted a little since I got a new puppy to take care of >///< she's only 6 weeks old, while his big bro is 5 months old. I have a son and a daughter now <3

*cough*

Okay, so here's some big announcements:

- DEMO will be released at 1ST MAY for my patrons.
- In MAY, I will prepare the assets for a video trailer and hopes to finish 75% of the backgrounds I'll use in-game.
- DEMO will be released for public in JUNE along with an IndieGoGo campaign. I will be counting on you guys to share the post later here x'D
- While waiting for IndieGoGo result, I will be focusing on writing scripts. That means A LOT of writing in JUNE.

There, now you know my plans for the next couple of months! :D I'm both excited and scared to be honest...
I'll need to prepare my heart in case the IndieGoGo fails x'D But no worries, the game will still be continued with however much fund I got from IndieGoGo!

Crossing my fingers!
xoxo,
SweetChiel

P.S. Here's a preview of a mystery character <3 Patrons will get a screenshot of him in-game :'3

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#110 Post by SweetChiel »

UPDATE 05/01/2017

Hi guys! Are you ready?
Today, I'm glad to announce that the programming of the Demo + editing for minor bugs have FINISHED just as I planned!

I will start the preparations for a video trailer at once and hopefully, it will be finished in a month. I have lots to experiment for this video in adobe after effects >< It's a must to have a video trailer before starting a campaign, yes?

Anyways, the demo will be available for my patrons today in Patreon, next month it will be available for public + IndieGoGo campaign starts.

Meanwhile... I've just found a website which has english subtitles for Game of Thrones series. Jesus, where did it go all my life? I spent the last few days resting and chasing the episodes until the middle of season 5. I'm planning to finish season 6 today along with making a story board for the video trailer.

I'm starting to become nervous about this hahah, I pray so there won't be any obstacle and everything will meet the schedule ><

Cross your fingers for me, guys!

xoxo,

SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 05/08/2017!

#111 Post by SweetChiel »

Last week was very smooth!

I did some preparation for my video trailer and managed to finish 4 backgrounds last week! (2 villages, 2 sceneries)
I wish I have more weeks like this where I'm very productive :'))

Here's a sneak peek of the village in autumn <3 Do you know which village in Indonesia I use as reference?
I will reveal the references + full view I use next week, but my patrons will get to see the full view early ;)

I really hope I can finish the video trailer this month though. I'm thinking about adding a simple animation if there are no obstacles to what I have planned!

Wish me luck and I hope you guys have an awesome week!

xoxo,
SweetChiel

Amberbaum
Regular

#112 Post by Amberbaum »

*Quite stalker (sometimes) pops in to give SweetChiel a thumbs up. Leave slices of cake and toddles off*

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

New Logo <3

#113 Post by SweetChiel »

Look, look! I finally made a logo for myself x'D
The concept is cupcake (sweet) & coffee (bitter) and combining S & C into 1 <3

I will use this from now on in my video trailer & ingame splash screen <3

I also refreshed Winged Ones' download links at itch.io since I have to insert this x_x *dang, it was a long night*

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#114 Post by SweetChiel »

Amberbaum wrote:*Quite stalker (sometimes) pops in to give SweetChiel a thumbs up. Leave slices of cake and toddles off*
Awww, that's so sweet of you Amberbaum! :'3
*gobbles slices of cake with a blissful expression & leaves a thank you card <3*

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 05/15/2017!

#115 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi guys!
Last week, after quarantining myself and meditating, I managed to finish the video teaser early and passed it to our video music composer Albert Fernández Ventura! He is going to start making the music at Tuesday :'3
I'm personally really satisfied with this teaser -quite an improvement from Winged Ones' video >///<

Ufufu~ Anyways!
I'm going to take it easy this week, but I will still be doing IndieGoGo's preparations, like;
- Making mini illustrations/images for Synopsis, Stretch Goals, Minimum budget distribution program, polishing the game plot, Planning Tier lists, etc, etc

Well, you know what things I need to prepare a campaign x'D
Other than that, I will also look for references + sketching the next batch of backgrounds.
I think I managed to finish at least 65% of it last week. I have more buildings and sceneries to draw ><

Oh, and here's a sneak peek of the video @ Adobe After Effect!
It's 2:12 long video... lol, I thought it's going to be around 1:30 but wow...
Seriously, I thought I'm going crazy at how much layers in it :'))

I can't wait to show it to you guys!!
xoxo,
SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 05/22/2017

#116 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi guys! I hope you had a great weekend!
Wow, time went so fast and it's already count down before I start Bermuda's campaign ^^;;

Last week I was really productive, I surprised myself o.o;
- I finished 3 minor sprites of important characters. Only their main base, no expressions yet.
- 1 scenery background
- All IndieGoGo preparations (illustrations, screenshots, & drafted it in Indiegogo's website)

I've also been thinking a lot about what kind of payment I should provide for the backers later...

So here's the big question:
- Do you want to pledge using paypal or credit card?

If you vote for paypal, the campaign is going to be in Australlian dollars (AUD$) instead of USD. Indiegogo limited paypal to AUD as of February 2017. Other currencies are for credit card payments.

My friend said it's safer for you send me payment through paypal though.

I also decided to use itch.io Download Keys to distribute the game instead of Steam (I had some problem making a tax ID & bank account procedures...)

BUT! if my campaign succeeds & lots of people want it on steam, I will consider to enter steam greenlight after the problem with tax ID is solved.

What do you think? O.o

In the mean time I wait for your vote, here's the promised background fullview sneak peek! I'm sorry it's a bit late ^^; it missed my mind when I'm immersed in Indiegogo's preparations. Can you guess which Indonesian village I use as a reference?

I await your answer~

xoxo,

SweetChiel

P.S. my patrons will get to see a character sprite sneak peek~

illuminate001
Veteran
Completed: DSGR, Let's MEAT Adam, Sexy Litter, Bara Boarders
Projects: Secret Project
Organization: Soulsoft Electronic Arts
Tumblr: soulsoftea
itch: soulsoftea

#117 Post by illuminate001 »

Through the progress shown in your updates/reports, it's very inspiring to see you plow through despite the obvious HUGE scope of Bermuda. :)

Anyways that village is amazingly beautiful, and admittedly I don't know much of anything about Indonesia but it makes me want to visit someday. Keep up the good work! (thumbs up)
ImageImage
ImageImage

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#118 Post by SweetChiel »

illuminate001 wrote:Through the progress shown in your updates/reports, it's very inspiring to see you plow through despite the obvious HUGE scope of Bermuda. :)

Anyways that village is amazingly beautiful, and admittedly I don't know much of anything about Indonesia but it makes me want to visit someday. Keep up the good work! (thumbs up)
Hi, illuminate001! Thanks for visiting.
I'm glad to hear I inspire you :'D that's a huge compliment coming from fellow developers -but I believe we all can do it! We just need to be stubborn and do things one at a time x'D

And thanks!
I based all the villages I made in my visual novels off from a real photo of Indonesian villages/buildings & mixed them with some fantasy elements. I don't want to spoiler you, but the facts will be inside the Mini Encyclopedia feature later :'3

When you do visit Indonesia, feast your eyes on the traditional homes, handcrafts, dances, Batik clothes, & maybe beautiful beaches if you decided on Bali (which seems to be our most popular tourism place). That is if you have the time/maybe vacation wise :'3

lol now I'll stop here before my mouth runs off any farther than this x'D

Hope to see you around!
xoxo,
SweetChiel

Averxy
Regular
Completed: Heartbaked, Ellaria: Cotton & Cream, Plain
Projects: Toil & Trouble, Twisted
Organization: fablesoft.itch.io
Tumblr: FablesoftStudios

#119 Post by Averxy »

AHHH!! I'm sorry I stopped commenting for so long! Stuff happened and yeah....

I'm so excited, you've made so much amazing progress and this game just looks... sooooo... Ahhh <3 I can't wait!!
Completed: Heartbaked, Ellaria: Cotton & Cream, Plain
WIP: Toil & Trouble, Twisted
Check out Arena Circus, The Pretenders Guild, and Mnemonic Devices by Minyan!

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#120 Post by SweetChiel »

Averxy wrote:AHHH!! I'm sorry I stopped commenting for so long! Stuff happened and yeah....

I'm so excited, you've made so much amazing progress and this game just looks... sooooo... Ahhh <3 I can't wait!!
It's okay, Averxy!
I understand that we all have our own problems/things to finish off our plates >< I've been unable to check on new WIP games in lemmasoft too these days T.T

I'm so nervous about the very near campaign and counting the days until 1st June OTL
But I'm happy to hear you're still looking forward to this! It's very soothing to know someone is still here :"D

I wish you good luck for your WIP project too! I haven't had the time to try Toil&Trouble, but when I do, I will leave a review for you! :'3

See you again~
Xoxo,
SweetChiel