[IndieGoGo LIVE] Nusantara:Bermuda Triangle [GxB]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Nusantara: Legend of the Winged Ones
Deviantart: SweetChiel

[IndieGoGo LIVE] Nusantara:Bermuda Triangle [GxB]

#1 Post by SweetChiel »

[center]Support us in IndieGoGo![/center]
Genre: Otome Fantasy, Adventure, Romance, Comedy, Mystery
WARNINGS: swearing, blood, death, psychological, and a little gore
Rating: 16+

For centuries humans have indulged themselves with tales of Light:
A hero slays a dragon to save a princess, a mermaid who sacrificed her voice to be with her beloved,
a beast who turned into a human when he learned the meaning of love, and many more we've inherited from our ancestors.
But they have forgotten that there were also times of Darkness and despair; times where evil was rampant and good went unrewarded.

This is a story of how Light and Darkness entwine deeply with one another.
Synopsis:
In 20XX, an enormous earthquake shook the world and caused a triangular crater to suddenly appear in the middle of Bermuda Triangle. The world was aghast with this discovery and it became even more concerning when scout teams came across a mysterious force, preventing people from getting too close. Those who went to examine it said that the force was like an invisible wall and there was no way around it, therefore, making further investigation difficult.

Spiritual events and sightings have also dramatically increased since then.
It got to the point where people began to hold festivals to honor the dead and the mythical creatures. It wasn't long until it became a new worldwide sensation and there was not a single day where spiritual events weren't on the news

Our heroine, Maya (19), was busy earning her living so this kind of event was of little importance aside from adding an exciting spice into her life. But then her world crumbled when a Goddess came and announced that her family would die in a car accident in the near future.

The Goddess offered Maya a deal: She would alter her family’s fate in exchange for closing the Bermuda Crater. In order to do so, Maya would have to go to a place called The Forgotten Isles, find what caused it, and look for a solution.

If she agreed, three men would accompany her, acting as bodyguards. Apparently, they each have their own circumstances and a wish to be granted.

ImageImage
Game Info:
Hi guys! My new project is finally here! :D
Now before you ask; "Nusantara: Bermuda Triangle" is not a sequel of "Nusantara: Legend of The Winged Ones".
This is an entirely new story but set on the same universe. It covers a wider horizon of Nusantara's archipelago.
Bermuda's story will be much longer, packed with content, and has lots more visual assets than Winged Ones... I dunno whether to be happy or cry about that :')) Because of this, I decided to make this project a commercial one.
I'm still thinking about the price, but I will open a kickstarter on IndieGoGo next year so you'll have a chance to get an 'Early-bird' pack!

Features:
- 4 Love interests (The last bachelor will be unlocked once you finished with all 3 main bachelors routes, more info later in IndieGoGo)
- 9 Endings
- 1 Minigame
- Regular & Limited-Time Choices
- Translation/Definition Notes
- Casual Status Raising
- MIni Encyclopedia
- lots of original CGs & BGs (I haven't calculate the exact number yet)

My Honored Proofreaders:
- KrystalFlare
- crystalscm
- Blasé&Voracious
I found awesome proofreaders! It's so much fun working with them and I love the result <3 :'3

Game Progress:
- Plot: 100%
- Script: 100%
- Character Sprite: 90%
- Programming: 60%
- Backgrounds : 95%
- Songs & Sound Effect: 95%
- GUI: 90%

Questions for you:
1. Which character caught your attention the most?
2. What do you expect to see in Bermuda?
3. Will you guys be happy if I add a route to romance the antagonist? xD
4 It will took awhile until I publish a demo since I still have things to experiment with Ren'Py -but feel free to give suggestion/critiques :'3

I will update once every Monday <3 per one week if I'm lucky to steal some time xD

Oh, I also opened a Patreon: there will be step by step WIPs of my backgrounds, behind the scenes, and even a spot for beta-testing without strings attached if you want!

See you around guys! xD
xoxo,
SweetChiel
Last edited by SweetChiel on Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:12 am, edited 59 times in total.

Averxy
Regular
Completed: Heartbaked, Ellaria: Cotton & Cream, Plain
Projects: Toil & Trouble, Twisted
Organization: fablesoft.itch.io
Tumblr: FablesoftStudios

Re: Nusantara:Bermuda TriangleGenre [GxB] [Fantasy] [Adventu

#2 Post by Averxy »

Yay!!
I'm super excited about this! I loved your first one so much and I jumped up in my chair when I saw this post!

It sounds amazing, the characters look beautiful (Actually, all of the art does.) I'm SO excited to see how this is going to end up and I'm definitely going to buy it when it's finished!!

All of the characters look and sound so great, it's hard for me to really choose just one that stood out to me but I have to say Guntur is currently my favourite by a very small margin.

Good luck!!
WIP: Toil & Trouble, Twisted
Check out Arena Circus, The Pretenders Guild, and Mnemonic Devices by Minyan!

Arkhane
Regular

#3 Post by Arkhane »

Hello Chiel, ♥
I'm so glad to see you back with your new project !
You can count me on, if you need again beta testers or just support :3

As for the character, I don't know which one I prefer :3
All of them have something attrative.
By the way, I think I'll borrow the Umbrella to Kah'Lil, it's just so lovely <3

Good luck and see you soon :3

Byebye

MioSegami
Regular
Projects: PATUKA PRIVATE PARADISE
Organization: BlueAngelService

#4 Post by MioSegami »

GUNTUR! He is so handsome! I'll probably go for him! I am excited for this second one! Really enjoyed your first! <3 The main protagonist looks so cute! This is a girl I'd want to play!
CLICK IT------------->viewtopic.php?f=43&t=40639&p=430149#p430149
Projects: PATUKA PRIVATE ISLAND
Story: 15% complete
Script: 0%
Art: 35%
Outline: 15%
Code: 10%

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#5 Post by Zelan »

Oh my goodness, this looks amazing and the art looks gorgeous! I haven't gotten around to playing your first one yet, but I really need to. cx

(Maya and I have the same birthday! ^_^)

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by SweetChiel »

Averxy wrote:Yay!!
I'm super excited about this! I loved your first one so much and I jumped up in my chair when I saw this post!

It sounds amazing, the characters look beautiful (Actually, all of the art does.) I'm SO excited to see how this is going to end up and I'm definitely going to buy it when it's finished!!

All of the characters look and sound so great, it's hard for me to really choose just one that stood out to me but I have to say Guntur is currently my favourite by a very small margin.

Good luck!!
Hi Averxy!
*gasp* Thanks for your support! and wow, you're the maker of Heartbaked? I love it so much! It's so adorable! x'D

I really like how catchy the phrases are; like Oh pastries -or for breadstick's sake! hahahah, it's really interesting and fun to read ^.^

I think the first time I laughed hard was when I looked at how short Carver is lol. I wish you have a button to toggle the textbox so I can look at him appropriately x'D his arrogant attitude is also charming in a weird way (in a I-hate-you-but-I-can't-stop-talking-with-you way, if you know what I mean?) and his ending is probably the most passionate one overall. I thought all the cakes at the festival will go 'poof' blushing and became Heartbaked lol :))

-and I kinda lost it when Ginger tried so hard to woo Beeeeenjamin; as I quote "OI. ANSWER MY MATING CALL" lmao x'DD but his story hits me quite smooth and deep that I almost cried when he cried :'(

Radley was so adorableee and sweet that I kinda feel bad choosing the other routes first >.< and the cleaning-fetish was amusing tho time-wasting (A quick shower is from morning until noon? seriously?)

Lol, I'll stop rambling and gushing here :') overall I love your story and hopes you make more <3 your VN inspires me especially how you make the characters so unique. I think I'll make some phrases as humor references if you don't mind? Ginger is very creative with her words -as fellow writer I have to say that I love your sense of humor! x'D

Good luck for both of us!
xoxo,
SweetChiel
Arkhane wrote:Hello Chiel, ♥
I'm so glad to see you back with your new project !
You can count me on, if you need again beta testers or just support :3

As for the character, I don't know which one I prefer :3
All of them have something attrative.
By the way, I think I'll borrow the Umbrella to Kah'Lil, it's just so lovely <3

Good luck and see you soon :3

Byebye
Hi Arkhane, glad to see you again!
I knowww, I'm so excited too now that I'm bouncing off the walls x'D
I think you'll know your preferences once a demo is out~
Oh and yup, you can borrow Kah'lil's umbrella design :'3

xoxo,
SweetChiel
MioSegami wrote:GUNTUR! He is so handsome! I'll probably go for him! I am excited for this second one! Really enjoyed your first! <3 The main protagonist looks so cute! This is a girl I'd want to play!
Hi MioSegami!
*cough* I think you'll like him more when he took off his jacket ;) //naughtygrin
and glad to see you give our Heroine a warm welcome! x'D

stay tuned ~
xoxo,
SweetChiel
Zelan wrote:Oh my goodness, this looks amazing and the art looks gorgeous! I haven't gotten around to playing your first one yet, but I really need to. cx

(Maya and I have the same birthday! ^_^)
Hi Zelan and thanks! I did my best x'D
Oooh, this is not a sequel of Winged Ones so rest-assured, you can play them separately :'3 though, I'd love to hear your opinion about Winged Ones and then compare them whether I improved or not! xD
and wow, you have the same birthday with Maya! :'D I think it's a good thing that you can rename the Heroine this time ~

see you again!
xoxo,
SweetChiel

Kikaharu
Regular

Re: Nusantara:Bermuda Triangle Genre [GxB] [Fantasy] [Advent

#7 Post by Kikaharu »

Holy AHHHH!!!! I didn't really read anything on this but I know how much I liked your other game. So I know already that I can't wait to play this one. :3 after I post this I'll read everything on your post and it will just confirm that I can't wait to play this so :)

Added: Of course after reading the post it confirmed my feelings of can't wait for this. And so sad that it's commercial but that is okay! Because it's going to be a bigger game and it will probably take some time to finish. I shall have to to earn the money for this. And I say it's so worth it. So I think it's a good idea to make it commercial. :)

Also I love all character. I think I'll have a hard time figuring out who's path to take first ^^ weeee!!! So Happy! :D

Crazy Cactus
Regular

#8 Post by Crazy Cactus »

Love the sprite style right away - Maya especially is very beautifully done and the lighting is superb. It is very interesting to see a girl be a dropout and the bit of background information on her, to me at least, makes her very intriguing. I like the hard working type and that she isn't incredibly gifted intellectually, which makes her feel more normal, more real.

So yeah, she's definitely my fav.

Also, I just want to comment and say that the GUI and backgrounds compliment each other really nicely, both are very clean and tight in design. I also noticed that pink haired lady next to Maya in the character compilation. Who's that foxy lady...? XD

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#9 Post by SweetChiel »

Kikaharu wrote:Holy AHHHH!!!! I didn't really read anything on this but I know how much I liked your other game. So I know already that I can't wait to play this one. :3 after I post this I'll read everything on your post and it will just confirm that I can't wait to play this so :)

Added: Of course after reading the post it confirmed my feelings of can't wait for this. And so sad that it's commercial but that is okay! Because it's going to be a bigger game and it will probably take some time to finish. I shall have to to earn the money for this. And I say it's so worth it. So I think it's a good idea to make it commercial. :)

Also I love all character. I think I'll have a hard time figuring out who's path to take first ^^ weeee!!! So Happy! :D
Hi Kika! Glad to see you again! *hugs*
Glad to hear you like the overall look tho I haven't make any demo >.< I'm also sad that I can't make it free but I'll work my best to make it worth it! >:'D Stay tuned for updates ~

xoxo,
SweetChiel
Crazy Cactus wrote:Love the sprite style right away - Maya especially is very beautifully done and the lighting is superb. It is very interesting to see a girl be a dropout and the bit of background information on her, to me at least, makes her very intriguing. I like the hard working type and that she isn't incredibly gifted intellectually, which makes her feel more normal, more real.

Also, I just want to comment and say that the GUI and backgrounds compliment each other really nicely, both are very clean and tight in design. I also noticed that pink haired lady next to Maya in the character compilation. Who's that foxy lady...? XD
Hi CrazyCactus!
Thank you! I'm happy to hear you like my overall design -and yes, I hope that Maya will lean toward someone we can relate to :'3
I will release more screenshots later so stay tuned ~
As for the foxy lady... Don't worry, you'll see her in the demo version x'D

xoxo,
SweerChiel

Averxy
Regular
Projects: Toil & Trouble, Twisted
Organization: fablesoft.itch.io
Tumblr: FablesoftStudios

#10 Post by Averxy »

SweetChiel wrote:
Averxy wrote:Yay!!

Good luck!!
Hi Averxy!
*gasp* Thanks for your support! and wow, you're the maker of Heartbaked? I love it so much! It's so adorable! x'D

I really like how catchy the phrases are; like Oh pastries -or for breadstick's sake! hahahah, it's really interesting and fun to read ^.^

I think the first time I laughed hard was when I looked at how short Carver is lol. I wish you have a button to toggle the textbox so I can look at him appropriately x'D his arrogant attitude is also charming in a weird way (in a I-hate-you-but-I-can't-stop-talking-with-you way, if you know what I mean?) and his ending is probably the most passionate one overall. I thought all the cakes at the festival will go 'poof' blushing and became Heartbaked lol :))

-and I kinda lost it when Ginger tried so hard to woo Beeeeenjamin; as I quote "OI. ANSWER MY MATING CALL" lmao x'DD but his story hits me quite smooth and deep that I almost cried when he cried :'(

Radley was so adorableee and sweet that I kinda feel bad choosing the other routes first >.< and the cleaning-fetish was amusing tho time-wasting (A quick shower is from morning until noon? seriously?)

Lol, I'll stop rambling and gushing here :') overall I love your story and hopes you make more <3 your VN inspires me especially how you make the characters so unique. I think I'll make some phrases as humor references if you don't mind? Ginger is very creative with her words -as fellow writer I have to say that I love your sense of humor! x'D

Good luck for both of us!
xoxo,
SweetChiel
Oh geez I'm so flattered! Thank you so much for your kind words!

Heartbaked was so fun to make, the humour and puns were amazing to write and of course I don't mind if you'd want to make some references!! That's incredibly flattering!!

I really wish you luck with Bermuda Triangle! It's going to be amazing, I can already tell. (Did you say something about Guntur's jacket coming off? Count me doubly in!)

I'm still working on a Winged Ones fanfiction but it's coming along so slowly because of game dev haha... ha...
WIP: Toil & Trouble, Twisted
Check out Arena Circus, The Pretenders Guild, and Mnemonic Devices by Minyan!

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#11 Post by SweetChiel »

Averxy wrote: Oh geez I'm so flattered! Thank you so much for your kind words!

Heartbaked was so fun to make, the humour and puns were amazing to write and of course I don't mind if you'd want to make some references!! That's incredibly flattering!!

I really wish you luck with Bermuda Triangle! It's going to be amazing, I can already tell. (Did you say something about Guntur's jacket coming off? Count me doubly in!)

I'm still working on a Winged Ones fanfiction but it's coming along so slowly because of game dev haha... ha...
Amen! Good luck for both of us!
I'll take a look at your other works tomorrow (it's already past midnight over here) and yup, some yummy*cough*Guntur*cough*later x'D

and NO WAY.......you're making Winged Ones's fanfiction!? :O you have to link it to me when you decide to publish it!!*heavybreathing* x'D Gosh, I'm really REALLY overjoyed to hear that! but no pressure; I know that you're busy with game dev & life :'D
I want to make Ginger x Benjamin fanfic myself -but the puns; my God, I'm not really creative with puns you see x'D I'm afraid I'll only make you cringe *cough* but when my muse hits me I'll make a one shot ff of them >:D ....probably with Carver... and Radley..................I. Can't. Decide! Sheeesh! :'DD *forevercry*

Crazy Cactus
Regular

#12 Post by Crazy Cactus »

SweetChiel wrote:
Kikaharu wrote:Holy AHHHH!!!! I didn't really read anything on this but I know how much I liked your other game. So I know already that I can't wait to play this one. :3 after I post this I'll read everything on your post and it will just confirm that I can't wait to play this so :)

Hi Kika! Glad to see you again! *hugs*
Glad to hear you like the overall look tho I haven't make any demo >.< I'm also sad that I can't make it free but I'll work my best to make it worth it! >:'D Stay tuned for updates ~

xoxo,
SweetChiel
Crazy Cactus wrote:Love the sprite style right away - Maya especially is very beautifully done and the lighting is superb. It is very interesting to see a girl be a dropout and the bit of background information on her, to me at least, makes her very intriguing. I like the hard working type and that she isn't incredibly gifted intellectually, which makes her feel more normal, more real.

Hi CrazyCactus!
Thank you! I'm happy to hear you like my overall design -and yes, I hope that Maya will lean toward someone we can relate to :'3
I will release more screenshots later so stay tuned ~
As for the foxy lady... Don't worry, you'll see her in the demo version x'D

xoxo,
SweerChiel

Will definitely keep my eyes out for more screenshots, absolutely!

As for the demo, I will be on the lookout for that as well. Very curious to see more about this mystery pink-haired lady.

Also, if you have a moment, I would love to have your feedback/perspective on my upcoming project, Maid Mansion. Even just your general thoughts would be a huge help!

otometea
Regular
Projects: Heart of Thorns
Tumblr: littleteahouse

#13 Post by otometea »

Hi!

I did play your other game, Legend of the Winged Ones, and I did really enjoy it, though I have never replied to the forum thread. However, I can reply to this one! I'm happy to know that you're making a new game, and even after this, I hope more games on Nusantara will be published. I am curious as to how... you can kill someone with a mug? Nonetheless, I think I'm leaning toward Arya (am I the only Arya fan :'(? Everybody seem to like Guntur lol)

If you want idea bouncing and/or writing, feel free to hit me up on it; this game's caught my full interest off the bat. Until then, I may consider writing a fan fiction for Legend of the Winged Ones, or even Bermuda Triangle for you as well. After I make a Lads in Distress and Masquerade Killer fan fiction, that is.

I look forward to more updates~
Best regards,
otometea.

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#14 Post by SweetChiel »

Crazy Cactus wrote: Will definitely keep my eyes out for more screenshots, absolutely!

As for the demo, I will be on the lookout for that as well. Very curious to see more about this mystery pink-haired lady.

Also, if you have a moment, I would love to have your feedback/perspective on my upcoming project, Maid Mansion. Even just your general thoughts would be a huge help!
Thanks and no problem! I'll be visiting your page in a moment xD
I'm planning to update once every 2 weeks for now, but if I get lucky, I'll sneak some time and update once per week :'3

See you again!
xoxo,
SweetChiel
otometea wrote:Hi!

I did play your other game, Legend of the Winged Ones, and I did really enjoy it, though I have never replied to the forum thread. However, I can reply to this one! I'm happy to know that you're making a new game, and even after this, I hope more games on Nusantara will be published. I am curious as to how... you can kill someone with a mug? Nonetheless, I think I'm leaning toward Arya (am I the only Arya fan :'(? Everybody seem to like Guntur lol)

If you want idea bouncing and/or writing, feel free to hit me up on it; this game's caught my full interest off the bat. Until then, I may consider writing a fan fiction for Legend of the Winged Ones, or even Bermuda Triangle for you as well. After I make a Lads in Distress and Masquerade Killer fan fiction, that is.

I look forward to more updates~
Best regards,
otometea.
Hi otomeata!
Aww, I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed Winged Ones! :'D nothing is more rewarding than to hear you stick up with me 'cause of my babies <3 - and no worries! I'm not going to stop making VNs any time soon if I can help it xD
Oooh, Arya caught some eyes in itch.io so you're not alone x'D he's being pretty... creative with his mug you see lol. He's going to be so much fun to write :'3

Also, thank you for considering to make Winged Ones/Bermuda fanfiction! No pressure tho, since I know how hard it is to write when your muse is not cooperating/there's a waiting list behind you x'D
But I would be overjoyed if you suddenly send me a link to your FF O////O

See you again!
xoxo,
SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 10/10/2016

#15 Post by SweetChiel »

Phew! Last two weeks; even before I published Bermuda; I struggled with programming, customizing, and completing the GUIs! there are lots of good news <3

1. I FINALLY understand how to add SnowBlossom effects & imagebutton simple animations! *bawls* Lord knows I failed to understand it in Winged Ones :'D

2. Status-Increasing & Calendar program is going GREAT (even though the code is very long and looks like a friggin' text wall -I don't care as long as it works! x'D)

3. Aside from CG gallery, minigame, & Encyclopedia programming, everything else is FINISHED! Bermuda will also have relationship status screen & history log~
I already designed how the CG Gallery & Encyclopedia will look like but I'll postpone the programming since I need to finish the CGs first *cough*

I'm really thankful for those who posted tutorials in lemmasoft such as leon's imagebutton & gallery tutorials, Aleema's main menu tutorial, and many more! Even tumblrs have some Ren'Py tutorials in it x'D

Want more sneakpeeks?
Support my patreon to see them! xD 6 screenshots to be exact <3
https://www.patreon.com/posts/update-10-10-are-6966824

Other than that...
I want to tell you guys that my next Milestone is making a Demo. But for that to happen, I still need a few things:
- Title illustration
- 1 Jakarta and its surrounding illustration from eagle eye's view
- 4 or 5 Introduction CGs
- Make the sprites blink + expressions
- (probably) Maya's bedroom BG?
- Minigame testing & programming
- 6 Chibi illustrations

So in order to deliver the demo faster to you, I will concentrate the updates around those things above O.O
That's it for now and see you again in two weeks! (one week if I'm lucky x'D My fulltime-job is having a bumpy ride these days)

xoxo,
SweetChiel