[IndieGoGo LIVE] Nusantara:Bermuda Triangle [GxB]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Nusantara: Legend of the Winged Ones
Deviantart: SweetChiel

Re: [IndieGoGo LIVE] Nusantara:Bermuda Triangle [GxB]

#166 Post by SweetChiel »

UPDATE 10/09/2017

Hi guys! I'm happy to say that last week was GREAT! x'D
I managed to write a lot and the content is quite satisfying (pacing, description, etc):
- Polished Chapter 3 Part 1 as usual
- Wrote 5k+ words (Main story + short bad ending)

Guess what? Chapter 3 part 1 is almost finished! I will have to revise some parts and maybe add a few more descriptions/dialogue and then we're done!
I didn't expect it to be finished in a week to be honest. There's a scene which I doubt will go well but wow, my muse suddenly came back in the weekends!

I also decided to add something:
- When you failed a minigame in a critical story scene, you will get a Bad End. It will have different CGs depending on when and where the story is at that moment -but more importantly, you will also get a glance of what happened in the past *hint*hint*morehintforyou. The CGs will be in a story book style like in the prologue so it won't be too extravagant and not too time consuming >< hopefully it won't disturb my schedule too much!

This week, I'm planning to focus on polishing, revising some scenes, and start on the bachelors secondary pose (It seemed unfair that Guntur got so many minor poses ><) so wish me luck! I'll let you see them if things go well ;)

Hahah, this month is full with ups and downs but they're worth it in the end!

That's it for now and see you again next week!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

Averxy
Regular
Completed: Heartbaked, Ellaria: Cotton & Cream, Plain
Projects: Toil & Trouble, Twisted
Organization: fablesoft.itch.io
Tumblr: FablesoftStudios

#167 Post by Averxy »

Hey! Wow I haven't commented in awhile, but I'm so happy you're making such great progress!

I finally had enough money to spare to back this, I'm glad I had a chance to! Good luck with the rest of the dev process and I can't wait for the game to be released! It's looking fantastic so far. :)
Completed: Heartbaked, Ellaria: Cotton & Cream, Plain
WIP: Toil & Trouble, Twisted
Check out Arena Circus, The Pretenders Guild, and Mnemonic Devices by Minyan!

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#168 Post by SweetChiel »

Averxy wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:38 pm Hey! Wow I haven't commented in awhile, but I'm so happy you're making such great progress!

I finally had enough money to spare to back this, I'm glad I had a chance to! Good luck with the rest of the dev process and I can't wait for the game to be released! It's looking fantastic so far. :)
Thank you, Averxy! It really made me happy to see you like my VN >///<
Good luck to your Toil & Trouble too! I'm sure it won't be less of a masterpiece like Heartbaked x'D Ugh, it's too bad that my internet has been so horrid these last few weeks -I'm dying to try your Cotton & Candy but any downloads I made always end up failed! I will make sure to write down another review when I do manage to play it :'D

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 10/16/2017

#169 Post by SweetChiel »

Woooot! Hi-ya guys! Last week was as smooth as a soft cream! xD

I'm just so happy hahah, Chapter 3 part 1 is now officially finished and now awaiting my proofreaders hands to edit & finalize!

This is a really important first step for me since Chapter 3 part 1 contains the first trial for Maya and the gang. It has the longest info-dump and it might need further editing in the future if I found some loopholes -but now, at least I can breathe easy lol.

I will take 2 days off before I start writing Chapter 3 part 2 The setting will be "Summer 2" in the map above.

I also managed to finish all secondary poses for the bachelors! As promised, enjoy today's sneak peeks!

"Nooooo, why is the half-naked sprite is censored!?" You said? Well my $5 patrons can see it today in my Patreon, but to be honest, I'm a bit in a dilemma whether to let you see them now or keep it for later until the game is completed. Why? Of course the impact will be bigger when you see them in-game in High Quality, right!?x'D

Hahahah, well, if this post's reaction of "This is awesome!" in Indiegogo reached 10, I might consider to un-censor them.

Other than that, the only bad news is that my internet is still a nutjob so I need to use my phone's tethering to update.

Hmm, next week's update might be not as intense as today, but stay tuned! xD

xoxo,

SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 10/13/2017!

#170 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi guys!

Lol, the first thing I noticed today is the 12 "This is awesome!" reactions x'D You pervs! Not that I complain, I understand the temptation of eye-candies -but where have you been lol. I'm quite relieved though. I thought no one read the updates except for a few >< ( I got a little lonely *cough* )

Alright, as a reward, I'll release the half-naked sprites next week for a sneak peek! For my patrons, I'll release a Background preview of Summer 2 so you can see the difference with Summer 1~

Meanwhile, I got a rough start with Chapter 3 part 2. I edited the early paragraphs 3 times so far, The pacing is just not... quite there yet x_x even so, I managed to write 4.3k+ words.

Hmm... I got a feeling that Summer 2 won't be as long as Summer 1, but no less intense. I sometimes got a headache imagining the programming hahah ^^; ah well, let's hope everything will go well!

Surprisingly, there's no bad news to report! I did got a small writer's block at the beginning, but it's all good now. The bachelors' events might take a little longer to write due to me still looking for better ideas, but other than that, none too serious.

That's it for now and see you again next week!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 10/30/2017

#171 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi guys! Sorry, did you wait long? x'D
I was modifying Chapter 3 part 2 + writing short sequences so I can organize it better.

It's going pretty well so far with small writer's blocks here and there:

I'm developing a new found respect for writers who wrote long-term adventure novels or mangakas such as Rumiko Takahashi who made Inuyasha. Maybe it's just me, but it's really hard for me to write argument scenes/info dumps/fillers without making it boring :'))

I can say now that I will definitely edit Bermuda multiple times, especially if it's not interesting enough when I program it x'D

It's just that, I've been too immersed polishing the antagonist's route and honestly, I can't wait to write the bachelors routes but the main story + filler needs to get written first! Dang it, who made the story so complicated!? (...me OTL)

Anyways, I'm sure you don't want to hear my dilemma, so here's the promised sneak peek!

The secondary sprites are pretty much finished now, except for Guntur's. Remember the tattoo that is supposed to be on his waist? It's connected to his back and I'm still in the process of finding an appropriate design ><

Meanwhile, my patrons will get to see 3 versions of Summer 2 area + 1 small extra today.

I hope you enjoy them, my darlings x'D
This week, I'm still focusing on writing. I will need around... 8 small/medium sized events before Summer 2 is finished so it's still quite a long way to go!

See ya again!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

kawaiinekochama
Regular
Projects: Change Me!
Organization: nekollection
itch: nyankochama

#172 Post by kawaiinekochama »

Oh yes I really enjoy looking at those half-nakey sprites... (cleanses eyes with bleach to protect my not that pure mind)
I feel you about writing scripts. I can't stop myself from writing then deletes then writes again :'))
I really wanna support you on patreon but still... money crisis TTwTT Looks like I have to get a job sooner :'3
But I'm still really looking forward for this game! Good luck on writing! <3
My first game :
My website :

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 11/06/2017!

#173 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi guys! Last week was pretty awesome x'D

I finally managed to write 5k+ words progress last week!

Ah, but the real count is 14,2k+ words though, the 300+ words is only a summary to help me write.

After polishing the overall of Chapter 3 part 2 again, I wrote 6 small events for the bachelors (2 each), 2 for Kaiden & Gale, and of course, the rest is about the main story.

I made it near the end of Month 3, but I'll have to write 3 more scenes before I could advance to Month 4;
1 discussion scene, 1 important scene with a myth creature, & 1 fighting scene.

Maya and the group won't arrive at Autumn area until Month 5. So... so far so good? ><

However, I've just realized that the scriptwriting took longer than I thought. It's been 5 months since the first update! Wow, time sure moves fast... I'm starting to doubt whether I'll be able to release it at July next year but maybe it's just me overthinking it? x_x

m(_ _)m *bows* In any case, I apologize in advance if I don't manage to finish it as quick as I've planned. I did said the latest would be early Winter 2018, but I still feel bad since I wrote 'Estimated July 2018' in the rewards :'S

*cough*

Anyways! I'll still do my best! Here's a preview of Summer 2's background as a small compensation:

Compared to the Ruins, this one features an enormous ancient tree hidden in a dark forest. I wonder what awaits Maya and her group there along with those slithering red mist? ^_^ (It looks really dark here, but it's not bad in game. You'll understand once you play and see what's hidden above)

That's it for today and see you again next week!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#174 Post by SweetChiel »

kawaiinekochama wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:24 am Oh yes I really enjoy looking at those half-nakey sprites... (cleanses eyes with bleach to protect my not that pure mind)
I feel you about writing scripts. I can't stop myself from writing then deletes then writes again :'))
I really wanna support you on patreon but still... money crisis TTwTT Looks like I have to get a job sooner :'3
But I'm still really looking forward for this game! Good luck on writing! <3
Hi kawaiinekochama!
Boy, am I glad to hear you understand my woes! x'D
Aside from huge amount of editing, the writing itself is really taking our time, isn't it? I swear, it's only late morning when I opened the script and then night came in a blink.
It's really tough, but we can do it as long as we keep pushing!

Good luck with your job hunt! I'm already happy with your thoughts and support :'D take your time and see if there's anything else you need to prioritize first, no worries!

I wish good fortune to both of us x'D
xoxo,
SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 11/13/2017!

#175 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi guys!
I hope you had a good weekend? Mine is so-so >< I think I bite a little more than I can chew *cough*

So, I spent 3 days to join an online game art competition (The name of the game is Dance On). It's about drawing a couple art (front & back) whether it's in a mall avatar or self-made avatar. It's somewhat similar with costume design if you want to draw self-made ones.

You see, I can't resist joining 'cause I've never won a character design/costume design art competition >< this is my 4th one lol and I'm a little butt-hurt over the last 3. The first one was Reksa's design, while the 2nd & 3rd one is for Valiant Force art competitions. So... Yeah, sorry but I just had to join for the sake of regaining back my self confidence @@

There will be a voting elimination in their facebook fanpage so I'll show you the link here once they posted it.

Anyways!
I managed to finish the 'discussion scene'! It's longer than I thought it would be o.o;

Lo and behold! 5,5k+ words progress is not bad, right? x'D Ah, I already delete the summary in this one so there won't be a need to reduce 300+ words like last week.

I also polished the whole Chapter 3 part 2 as usual + editing a little bit of Chapter 3 part 1.

I really hope I can finish Month 3 this week but... I doubt it since the fighting scene is still a bit blurry in my mind :'S

Welp, wish me luck for the competition and see you again last week!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

SarinaRayne

#176 Post by SarinaRayne »

Hi! I just wanted to leave a message and tell you how much I'm looking forward to this game! Usually when I play visual novels there's only 1 or 2 of the cast that interest me, but I can definitely say that you've made them all interesting. I look forward to playing all of the routes when you finish the game :D

I love how frequently you post updates and I always look forward to seeing your progress and the sneak peaks. I feel bad that I've never posted anything before, so I wanted to let you know that I'm rooting for you and this game. (...I actually made this account today so I could post this, haha ^^' )

As for the art contest, good luck! Your artwork is always gorgeous, so here's rooting for a win!

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 11/20/2017!

#177 Post by SweetChiel »

Good morning, guys!
Last week I got quite a surprise; the script is developing more small events than I thought o.o;
4.8k+ words is not bad, but...

You see, I thought after I wrote the 'important scene' I would be able to jump straight to the 'battle scene', but then, as if the bachelors had their own minds, they made me write more 'affection-wise small scenes'. I re-checked and yep, after month 2 there are considerably more small events happening. It depends on which bachelor has the most affection with Maya.

I really didn't plan for them to be so much ^^; but they were all good events so I didn't have the heart to lessen the count... in fact, I might have to slip more small events in order to 'smoothen' the transition between one scene to another.

ALSO, after a consideration for the battle scenes, I might have to draw their fight poses to enhance it... OTL ... I feel like a masochist for adding more work for myself x_x but, eh, let's just see what will happen later in the future :')) I still have to draw CGs after all, so maybe adding 4 battle poses aren't so bad.

Anyways!

Good news is that; if my character design/costume design passed the selection from the admins, the voting will begin at November 24th - November 28th. I'll be counting on you all to vote by liking the picture later x'D

There's only one bad news; rainy season is here and my internet worsened last week :S I would be lucky if there's no blackout when there's a rainstorm, so wish me luck so nothing bad happens!

Last but not least, it's been awhile since a sneak peek, eh? No worries! My patrons on my patreon today will get a Bar background full preview! Remember the Bar in Spring village background? Yes, that one. It's a good place to get information ~ all In Game Cameo characters will be there ;)

Free users will be able to see the sneak peek next week!

That's it for now and see ya next week my darlings!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

My patreon: https://www.patreon.com/SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

Small Update (11/25/2017)

#178 Post by SweetChiel »

Hey guys, remember about the art competition I was so excited to join? My 4th character design/costume design competition?

Well, here's what happened:
- At 10.00 AM, 24th November, I told the fanpage admin about the deadline for My Art competition is today and to hurry post the 'qualified' artworks so we can start voting immediately.
- Around 12.30 PM, they finally posted 9 pictures titled 'MY ART PARTICIPANTS'

Guess what?
My artwork is not there! Which means their team think it's not qualified!

I would gladly step back if the 'qualified' artwork they have chosen is a level or two level above me, but guess again?

The qualified artwork have Sketches in it!
Here's a sample of the qualified one:

And here's my art:

If this isn't blatant disrespect, I don't know what is -Even a granny can tell that sketch is 70%-80% similar with the fanart/reference!

The team who decided which artworks qualifies definitely has charcoal as eyes. It makes me lose faith in my own country ^^; honestly, artists are treated poorly here and I think this is one of the examples!

I sent an email inquiring about the elimination progress, but they haven't reply to me until now. Even if I have some patience, I'm not a saint.

So, there goes another costume design/character design competition :'(
I've never saw something as ridiculous as this.

Thankfully, the progress of my script writing is not too affected -it's going well but I doubt it will get finished this week due to my horrendous mood.

*Sigh* Let's just hope I can at least finish the rough draft...

See you on Monday,
xoxo,

SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

Name of the Online Game with uncompetent admins

#179 Post by SweetChiel »

I almost forgot.

The title of the game is Dance On. It has 2 websites; Prodigy for Indonesians & 3Claws for International Players. These links are for the facebook fanpage.

Website for international: danceon.3claws.com/home
Website for Indonesians: danceon.prodigy.co.id/home

Honestly, if it's not for the players, the game would die and they treat us like this ^^;

NekoKarasu

#180 Post by NekoKarasu »

Cheer up, I feel you sis... In the past I too join an online game costume design competition (the one I join was ayodance), well I was inexperienced that time so I'm not sad that I didn't win (because my art was not good), but I'm disappointed in their chosen winner because I think the winner's design didn't fit the theme they asked themselves (the art was pretty good tho)

but this competition you join is really weird tho, I think there's definitely something wrong with them, most of the selected designs are really bad, I mean REALLY bad, there's even plagiarism!!

as for the valiant force, many of the competitors always too godlike for me lol so I never join, but usually, I too disappointed with their chosen winner because It usually has common things.... CUTE GIRLS.... usually the character that won are CUTE GIRLS, even though there were many other designs that much cooler

so... don't be sad or questions your abilities, not winning character design competitions doesn't mean you're not good at designing characters, arts is an aspect that hard to judged because of its subjectiveness, I believe there's no art that everyone likes, but there's no art that everyone dislikes either

Just do your best as always on your wonderful project, managed to start a big project that keeps progressed is an achievement itself
I hope this message brighten your day

btw, I love Reksa's design, this is true :D