[IndieGoGo LIVE] Nusantara:Bermuda Triangle [GxB]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
chiharuchi
Regular

Re: Nusantara:Bermuda Triangle Genre [GxB] [Fantasy] [Advent

#61 Post by chiharuchi »

Keep up the good work. I get excited to hear about updates in my email. Good luck guys. ^ u ^

Alcor
Veteran
Completed: Lads in Distress (NaNo '16), misSHAPEn love! (NaNo '16)
Projects: a(t)rium
itch: cosmic-albacore

#62 Post by Alcor »

Oh! It's so nice to see you back with a new project! (And I'm totally late to realize this because I haven't been on LSF for months.) I enjoyed Nusantara: Legend of the Winged Ones a lot and I'm really excited for this!

1. Which character caught your attention the most?
Definitely Arya. I really love his character design, and his description sounds fantastic as well. I may or may not have a thing for hacker types

2. What do you expect to see in Bermuda?
Really not sure, but something epic!

3. Will you guys be happy if I add a route to romance the antagonist? xD
Haha, that sounds interesting! I'd be totally down for that :D

4 It will took awhile until I publish a demo since I still have things to experiment with Ren'Py -but feel free to give suggestion/critiques :'3
Good luck with this project; I'm sure you'll do a fantastic job!

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Nusantara: Legend of the Winged Ones
Deviantart: SweetChiel

UPDATE 01/16/2017

#63 Post by SweetChiel »

Hullo guys, last week was... hectic. Both in a bad and a good way :'))

The good news is:
I GOT MYSELF A PUPPY!!

Seriously, I really got tired of working home alone. My mom always went out to work and I'm the kind of person who can't get motivated if no one is there to supervise me a.k.a I will procrastinate.

I named the little devil Juno. It's a name I got from a dream where I got myself a white puppy. The irony is I got myself a black puppy x'DD I think he's a mixbreed of mini pinchster and a rottweiler? His mother is medium sized but the owners didn't know who she breed with lol.

The bad news is:
- Chapter 2 is still under construction OTL it's around 8k+ words now and I'm having a hard time with its timeline (so many events are happening here that I get confused which one is better to happen first and so on)

AND I'm busy with potty-training and taking care of Juno :'))
This little bundle of energy made me walk and run back-and-forth to the stack of newspaper whenever he tries to pee everywhere. This happened around 3 days until he got the idea of pee-ing only on the newspaper. By then, my feet and thighs already cramped... This is a hard strain for my un-athletic body x_x

The curious and energetic little thing also keeps poop-ing in the kitchen... why Junoooo, whyyyy

Also, he keeps crying in the middle of the night, screwing over my beauty sleep... Honestly, I slept at midnight, got woken up at 2AM, and then got woken up again at 5 AM.
Today, I think my body finally shut off and I overslept until 12.30 PM

I couldn't bear to be mean to him though... He sleeps on my lap, cries when he woke up and found me 'missing', and those puppy eyes............ okay so I maybe spoiled him too much :'))

*Sigh* anyways...
I hope I can finish chapter 2 this week. Pray for me so Juno won't make so much trouble :'D I have fun taking care of him but my work could get delayed!

xoxo,
SweetChiel

P.S. I posted Juno's photos on my real account facebook if you're curious.
I can't post it on Nusantara's fanpage or I'll spam photos about Juno all the time x'DD

Also, I can't reply on messages/comments for awhile since my internet is so shitty after rainy days OTL sorry guys! I'll reply soon!

My name in FB: Cecilia Sabrina Susanto

Electric Daisy

#64 Post by Electric Daisy »

Hey! Oh my god.Your games looks awesome as always.i still can't forget Reksa from your last game and you're giving me another game and more loveable characters to fall in love with?! Seriously i'm going to die from fan girling over your boys too much.Can't wait for this one to come out.

Definitely Arya and Guntur.i like Arya character design and for Guntur,let's just say bad boy is always attractive.*wink*

More epic tales and more awesome adventure full of romance!

Of course!Where's the fun if you can't romance your own enemy.Haha

4 It will took awhile until I publish a demo since I still have things to experiment with Ren'Py -but feel free to give suggestion/critiques :'3
Good luck!i'll be rooting for you and stay your fan as long as i can XD

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#65 Post by SweetChiel »

chiharuchi wrote:Keep up the good work. I get excited to hear about updates in my email. Good luck guys. ^ u ^
Thank you chiharuchi!
I'm glad to have someone behind me x'D
ALCOR_etc wrote:Oh! It's so nice to see you back with a new project! (And I'm totally late to realize this because I haven't been on LSF for months.) I enjoyed Nusantara: Legend of the Winged Ones a lot and I'm really excited for this!

Definitely Arya. I really love his character design, and his description sounds fantastic as well. I may or may not have a thing for hacker types

Really not sure, but something epic!

Haha, that sounds interesting! I'd be totally down for that :D

Good luck with this project; I'm sure you'll do a fantastic job!
Hello ALCOR_etc!
I'm also excited with it! Can't wait to show it to you guys! x'D

1. Oh lol, I'll look forward to hear if you still feel the same way after you try the demo later :'))

2. YESH, definitely! It will be epic but it will take time so I hope you'll be patient with me >.<

3. Yup, me too x'D I've always have this weird fascination with antagonist characters *cough*Kuja*cough*Sephiroth*Ahem*

4. YAY! Thank you for the trust and warm support :'D

Thank you and stay tuned ALCOR_etc!

xoxo,
SweetChiel
Electric Daisy wrote:Hey! Oh my god.Your games looks awesome as always.i still can't forget Reksa from your last game and you're giving me another game and more loveable characters to fall in love with?! Seriously i'm going to die from fan girling over your boys too much.Can't wait for this one to come out.

Definitely Arya and Guntur.i like Arya character design and for Guntur,let's just say bad boy is always attractive.*wink*

More epic tales and more awesome adventure full of romance!

Of course!Where's the fun if you can't romance your own enemy.Haha

Good luck!i'll be rooting for you and stay your fan as long as i can XD
Hi Electric Daisy! I like your nickname for some reason I can't put my hands on x'D
And please, go ahead and adore my boys as much as you could. I will be there to pick up your body x'DD *dodged a playful slap or a hard one*
I also can't wait and look forward to hear your thoughts after you play the much anticipated demo!

1. Yuuup, I have no complaints about that x'D bad boys are just... YUM. Though, you might be surprised with Guntur *grin*

2. Amen! That is exactly what I'm planning to! >:'D cross your fingers!

3. Oh lol you got it! I've been wanting to do this quite a while now. I have this fascination with antagonist characters x'D

4. YAY! I could ask for anything better!

Thanks for visiting and stay tuned Daisy!

xoxo,
SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 01/23/2017

#66 Post by SweetChiel »

Chapter 2's part for the Demo is finally finished with a whooping 18k+ words :'))

Ladies and gentlemen, the total is 48k+ words and that is just for the demo x'DD it beats The Winged Ones' demo which is only around 19.5k words.

Surprised? Me too lol.

Anyways, the next step will be me preparing the things before actually start inputting the script:
- Making the characters blink
- Completing the etc characters silhouette sprites
- Mini gallery programming (I didn't start programming this earlier coz I need the CGs before I can start programming x'D)
- and other things I might've forgotten. This will be clear when I start programming.

and -*Gasp!!*
I literally just remembered this when I write this post... I forgot to add a scene where you guys can try out the minigameee!! OTL

...Okay so I guess chapter 2 will be edited again... or maybe I'll just slip it at the end of the demo for those who want to try it x'DD *really, I think it's already far too long for a demo lol

Okay, that's it, back to work!
See you again next week!
xoxo,
SweetChiel

Adriana72
Completed: The final day of Spring (KN), Thank you for the flowers (Comic)
Projects: Hindeus Mansion (VN with point-and-click elements)
Deviantart: chihir-chan
itch: chihirchan

#67 Post by Adriana72 »

I just wanted to say that I look foward to the updates every monday! I think the progress you make each week is great, and I really admire you for that! ^.^ Also, I'm really excited about the demo being long... gosh, I'm sooo looking foward to this!! (Right now my favourite love interests are Kah'lil and Arya~)
By the way, Juno is super cute *__*

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#68 Post by SweetChiel »

Adriana72 wrote:I just wanted to say that I look foward to the updates every monday! I think the progress you make each week is great, and I really admire you for that! ^.^ Also, I'm really excited about the demo being long... gosh, I'm sooo looking foward to this!! (Right now my favourite love interests are Kah'lil and Arya~)
By the way, Juno is super cute *__*
Aww thank you Adriana72!
This is a really pleasant surprise when I'm about to post an update!
I'm very happy to hear someone is waiting for me every Monday and enjoyed it! >///< That's all I need to know to keep going :'3

As for your favourite bachelors... Gosh, I can't wait to hear your thoughts about them later after the demo is out x'DD especially, Arya; he turned out good, but I wonder if people will still like him after 'having a taste' of him x'D Ack! I'll stop now.

And thank you! I agree 100% that Juno is a adorable! >///< He's taking the pee and poo training really well now!

Last but not least, thank you so much for visiting and encouraging me!
I hope to see you again soon!

xoxo,
SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 01/30/2017

#69 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi guys!
Guess what? Last week I got myself a killer toothache + migraine combo.
It was so annoying! I can't eat, I threw a hissy fit at every small things, and I thought my head will explode. It was a nightmare :'(

But now, my toothache pain + migraine has lessened. My upper lip is swollen now though.
It's a good thing I guess, but my mom said I gotta wait for the swelling to be gone or the dentist won't be able to do anything.

Great! NOT.

I could only hope it won't get any worse tomorrow and I really, really want to get this over with fast.

Anyways, last week I did:
- 3 etc characters sillhouettes.
- Looked for some BGM musics that suited prologue and chapter 1.
- Prologue's programming is DONE.
- Chapter 1 part 1 programming progress: 5/20 pages.

I need to get used with programming again faster x'D Encyclopedia will be locked for the demo and I'm still working on Gallery's Screen.

But I think the progress is going well! I'm crossing my fingers for my toothache more though. Last week was really a nightmare! :'(
I hope you guys got a better week than me. Oh and... HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR for those who celebrates it! x'D collect the angpaos earnestly lol.

Last one is a teaser of the minigame! I think it's quite obvious what it is, right? x'D

See you again next week!
xoxo,
SweetChiel

illuminate001
Veteran
Completed: DSGR, Let's MEAT Adam, Sexy Litter, Bara Boarders
Projects: Secret Project
Organization: Soulsoft Electronic Arts
Tumblr: soulsoftea
itch: soulsoftea

#70 Post by illuminate001 »

Hey SweetChiel,

Nice, yeah like ALCOR_etc said it's good to see you back and with a new project. I actually just finished the 1st Nusantara a few weeks ago and enjoyed it so much! (I got Mitra) It really makes me excited for Bermuda.

One thing I enjoyed about the 1st game was that although it felt very long, I was immersed and the pacing of everything worked. I felt like I lived in that world for almost as long as the 4months the MC did...in a good way!

I'd say it looks like Bermuda will be much longer...which is cool, but if it's just for the sake of being longer then that may not be a great idea. I think you can describe a very complex story without having to overextend scenes/scenarios. However you are an excellent writer :D and I trust that even if its much longer, you'll once again be able to get us so immersed that we won't notice. Like the saying goes...time flies when you are having fun. :wink:
ImageImage
ImageImage

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#71 Post by SweetChiel »

illuminate001 wrote:Hey SweetChiel,

Nice, yeah like ALCOR_etc said it's good to see you back and with a new project. I actually just finished the 1st Nusantara a few weeks ago and enjoyed it so much! (I got Mitra) It really makes me excited for Bermuda.

One thing I enjoyed about the 1st game was that although it felt very long, I was immersed and the pacing of everything worked. I felt like I lived in that world for almost as long as the 4months the MC did...in a good way!

I'd say it looks like Bermuda will be much longer...which is cool, but if it's just for the sake of being longer then that may not be a great idea. I think you can describe a very complex story without having to overextend scenes/scenarios. However you are an excellent writer :D and I trust that even if its much longer, you'll once again be able to get us so immersed that we won't notice. Like the saying goes...time flies when you are having fun. :wink:
Hi illuminate001!
It's great to hear you like the Winged Ones! I hope you'll enjoy the other bachelors routes too since it will help to complete the story :"3 and yes, I'm quite critical about the pacing and timeline. Even the script will sometimes change if it doesn't fit when I input the programming >.<

Anyways, thanks for your concern! Don't worry, Bermuda won't be longer just for the sake of it :"3 It is naturally longer because there are lots of new elements and every character will have their own stories to tell!
I'll do my hardest to meet your expectation and trust x'D

Until then, stay tuned, and enjoy the Winged Ones while waiting for Bermuda! :"D

xoxo,
SweetChiel

illuminate001
Veteran
Completed: DSGR, Let's MEAT Adam, Sexy Litter, Bara Boarders
Projects: Secret Project
Organization: Soulsoft Electronic Arts
Tumblr: soulsoftea
itch: soulsoftea

#72 Post by illuminate001 »

Awesome! I'm stoked to see how this develops. I'm working feverishly on my 2nd VN too rn so I know how you feel. :p

I'll send you a PM about the remaining bachelors of Winged Ones. Don't wanna flood your thread. lol
ImageImage
ImageImage

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#73 Post by Zelan »

Awww, I'm sorry to hear about your week. :c I hope your toothache is better soon!

Hmmm, is that a hidden objects minigame? Or some sort of point-and-click?

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#74 Post by SweetChiel »

Zelan wrote:Awww, I'm sorry to hear about your week. :c I hope your toothache is better soon!

Hmmm, is that a hidden objects minigame? Or some sort of point-and-click?
Me too Zelan, me too :'(
I went to a doctor last Saturday and was shocked silly when the doctor found two holes instead of one and I had to pull out one tooth!
*Sigh* well enuff about the sad talk x'D

Yep, it's a hidden objects minigame!
I'm also thinking about point and click but it's more of an exploring/understanding environments than a minigame O.O

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 06/02/2017

#75 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi-ya guys!
Last week has been a challenge -but a fun challenge! Aside from the dentist's visit that is :'( I had to pull one tooth off on Tuesday! Argh, fingers crossed.

Anyways, you won't believe how many preparations I have to do just to make the characters blink :'))
Not to mention multiple blinks on one sprite...

Here's what I did last week:
- Made a quick menu under chat box
- Programming side image, characters blink (currently 3 + 2 minor characters, including Maya's side image)
- Programmed Gallery screen
- Edited Status screen and it is now finished.
- Programming Chapter 1 part 1 is DONE 20/20 pages!
- Recycling sound effects/BGMs + looked for new ones

I've been warming up with programming quite nicely :'3
Here's a screenshot of the gameplay! and yes, all three of them blinks at different times (not in sync. I know it will look weird that way)

Also, a teaser for the Gallery screen lol. Encyclopedia will be locked for the demo version.

My patrons will get early screen shots view for them though :'p
Aaah, I'm so satisfied with last week's result!

See you again next time!
xoxo,
SweetChiel