Once on a windswept night [yurijam, GxG, finished]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Crazy Cactus
Regular

Re: Once on a windswept night [yurijam, GxG]

#16 Post by Crazy Cactus »

As others have said, this visual novel definitely has a more cute style to it. And from what I gather, it will be a relatively short visual novel, right? What's the expected word count for it?

Also, just wanted to say that I particularly like Madeleine. She, and her character description, reminds me a lot of Rosette Christopher, a-la Chrono Crusade, the way she always tries to do what's right but can be a bit crazed/hellacious when she wants to be, usually for gags and sarcasm. Cheerful and always willing to help anyone, irregardless of what happens to her. She's like a chibi Rosette, and I love it (I say "chibi" not because of short height of character but because of the cutesy style).

Just to end: Lycoris feels like a bit of an enigma. Interested to hear more about her especially.

As a final side note, as long as you've got a good, strong, and compelling story, no matter if its GxG (like yours) or any other pairing, I'm on board to learn more!

ebi-hime
Veteran
Completed: Asphyxia, Blackberry Honey, The Language of Love, etc
Tumblr: ebi-hime
itch: ebihime

Re: Once on a windswept night [yurijam, GxG]

#17 Post by ebi-hime »

@ Mythee
Thank you uwu
yuzuki also did the soundtrack for my commercial VN Strawberry Vinegar, so I'm happy to work with them again >w<

@ Helia
Ah, thank you u///u
The meta framing was mainly inspired by Ep 6 of Umineko, with the library scenes between Ange and Featherine... but I realised a lot of the meta conversations are similar to those that take place in the prologue of Chronotopia (and Lycoris' name is very similar to Lys' lol).

Daffodil is a name I wanted to use for a chara for a while ehehe... I-It's cute u///u
My favourite part of her design are these moe yellow/orange thigh high socks, but you can't even see them in the story because of where the sprite cuts off ;_;

@ crazy cactus
Melow's art is really cute uwu
I especially like the colour palette she uses u///u

The wordcount is about 40k (so it ended up longer than expected orz), but because of the way it's structured, it's not possible to read all the text in one playthrough...
I have doubts anybody will be able to read all the text, unless they decrypt the script files and read through them XD;

I've also never played Chrono Crusade, but they do look pretty similar o:
I have a lot of free & commercial VNs available on Steam and itchio.io if you want to check them out! ☆

ebi-hime
Veteran
Completed: Asphyxia, Blackberry Honey, The Language of Love, etc
Tumblr: ebi-hime
itch: ebihime

Re: Once on a windswept night [yurijam, GxG, finished]

#18 Post by ebi-hime »

Bumping to say the VN is finished!!!~
I have a lot of free & commercial VNs available on Steam and itchio.io if you want to check them out! ☆