Elsewhere High reveal! [Drama] [Mystery]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Penholder

Elsewhere High reveal! [Drama] [Mystery]

#1 Post by Penholder »

Hi there!

Total disclaimer: I am pretty darn new to this whole scene, but the first time I read a visual novel, I knew that I had to create one of my own. It has been a long time coming, but I am finally ready to talk about the project.

I am creating a visual novel called Elsewhere High and the first chapter (it will be released episodically) is going to be released really soon! The first chapter will be completely free and will be released on Android through Google Play and on PC and Mac through itch.io. The subsequent chapters will hopefully be released quickly and will cost a small amount.

I don't want to give away too much about the story, but I will leave the small teaser that I put together here and answer any general questions if there are any left in the comments. Thanks so much for reading and have a good one! :)

Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2pLL3yebkY

Penholder

My VN Elsewhere High [Drama, Mystery] is on greenlight

#2 Post by Penholder »

Hey there,

I revealed my VN 'Elsewhere High' here about a week ago and I have just recently put it onto the steam greenlight program. I would love some support from fellow VN lovers. Check out the link and if you feel so inclined, give it a vote :)

Thanks!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =782686123

Penholder

[OELVN] Elsewhere High main cast revealed!

#3 Post by Penholder »

Hey there guys,

I have updated my page to include information on the main cast of my soon-to-be-released-for-free VN called Elsewhere High! I would love for you to check the page out, let me know what you think of the art and if you'd like to, leave a comment/vote. Thanks so much in advance!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =782686123

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

Re: Elsewhere High reveal! [Drama] [Mystery]

#4 Post by Taleweaver »

Merged the three threads together into one. No need for one project to have three separate threads.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Elsewhere High reveal! [Drama] [Mystery]

#5 Post by gekiganwing »

From the Steam Greenlight: "Each student at Elsewhere High has fallen short of expectations at their original high school; they've flunked out, skipped class, wrote threatening notes, or grew to be a reprehensible bully."

The premise is *slightly* similar to the OJLVN Cross Channel. In that story, the protagonist and other main characters are forced to attend an alternative school because an exam indicated they would not fit into society. (Since the cast includes a tsundere, an emotionless girl, and a female ninja, I suspect the writer had a message in mind.) That said, your story might go in a completely different direction.

Would you describe any of your characters as the story's protagonist? Do all of them have equal roles? Will you choose to use third person narration instead?

What conflicts exist between your characters? Will they have to deal with an external conflict?
Penholder wrote:The first chapter will be completely free and will be released on Android through Google Play and on PC and Mac through itch.io. The subsequent chapters will hopefully be released quickly and will cost a small amount.
First, thank you for releasing your story for both computers and Android devices.

Second, how many chapters will your story have? Also, will there be one ending, or multiple endings?