Monster Prom [BxG GxG BxB][multiplayer][adult humor]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Beautiful Glitch
Regular
Projects: Monster Prom: http://monsterprom.pizza
Tumblr: indiegzine

Monster Prom [BxG GxG BxB][multiplayer][adult humor]

#1 Post by Beautiful Glitch »

Please, suppport us on KICKSTARTER!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/co ... nster-prom

You can check our first playthrought. Noble played our demo! (:

MONSTER PROM: SHORT PITCH
There are only 3 days left until prom! Go through all kinds of absurd and funny situations to seduce one of your classmates. Beautiful art, witty dialogues and hard choices are the main ingredients of this competitive/cooperative (1-4 players) dating sim.
Do you know how to conquer a monster’s heart? ;D
Hi, guys!

We just started with a project called "Monster Prom".
It's a game meant to be played from 1 to 4 players that mixes "choose-your-own-adventure" and "dating sim" mechanics.

You will have a limited number of turns to explore a highschool full of weird and amazing events that will let you meet your six classmates. Each event will let you raise or lose your stats and improve or mess with your relationship with the NPCs. In the end you will ask one of the NPCs to go to prom with you.

Similar to The Yawhg (Awesome game, check it out!)

We're planning to launch a Kickstarter campaign soon! (October 25th)

STRENGHTS OF THE GAME
> Cool art
> Funny situations and dialogues
> A Multiplayer game to play with friends and laugh w/ the situations. A funny experience to share!

What do you think?
Last edited by Beautiful Glitch on Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bellice
Veteran

Re: Monster Prom [BxG GxG BxB][multiplayer][adult humor]

#2 Post by bellice »

Wow, I LOVE the art. It's so expressive! And the concept sounds great, although I'm not quite sure how the co-op gameplay is gonna work. Definitely looking forward to this. :)

Beautiful Glitch
Regular

#3 Post by Beautiful Glitch »

bellice wrote:Wow, I LOVE the art. It's so expressive! And the concept sounds great, although I'm not quite sure how the co-op gameplay is gonna work. Definitely looking forward to this. :)
The mechanics are similar to The Yawhg. I won't lie: it's pretty simple, in the sense is just up to 4 chars with different stats that can be managed even by the same controller or keyboard. Each player can manage his char and the main idea is to have fun together the same way you can enjoy watching together a funny TV show. The idea is for all of you to see the absurd and crazy situations you're facing.
Also, we're trying to include events with some complexity that can be altered by other players.

Finally, you can always try to pursue the same NPC, fighting for his/her love. But in best case scenario we get enough funding to add more secret endings... and I'd love to add special secret endings when 2 players fighting for the love of a same NPC doesn't necessarily ends in one succeeding and the other failing, if you know what I mean ;)

Obviously, in the end, each person is building his/her own storyline, but I want to explore as many ways as possible to make the storylines collide... clash. That you feel like if your friend wants to cooperate he/she can help you to unlock a better version of your storyline.

But in the end is more than that: as said, is the communal experience of living a crazy narrative altogether. The Yawhg's gameplay video conveys it excellently: [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkQmsuIK7cM[/youtube]

What do you think? (:

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#4 Post by Zelan »

Beautiful Glitch wrote:Finally, you can always try to pursue the same NPC, fighting for his/her love. But in best case scenario we get enough funding to add more secret endings... and I'd love to add special secret endings when 2 players fighting for the love of a same NPC doesn't necessarily ends in one succeeding and the other failing, if you know what I mean ;)
I have to say I'm a fan.

I'll keep an eye out for this. ^_^

Hojita
Regular
Projects: sidérea
Tumblr: hojitasdelimon
Deviantart: limolimonera

#5 Post by Hojita »

Love the art! It's pretty different from what is habitually used in VNs and all the characters are charming and funny.
Looking foward to it!

edel

#6 Post by edel »

Ermg these characters are so adorable I'm in love already

I'll definitely be waiting for this to come out :>

Mythee
Tumblr: punsmythee
Deviantart: mythee

#7 Post by Mythee »

This is exciting! Definitely love the art and concept! Also I like the Yawhg, I has that game 8D

Beautiful Glitch
Regular

#8 Post by Beautiful Glitch »

Zelan wrote:
Beautiful Glitch wrote:Finally, you can always try to pursue the same NPC, fighting for his/her love. But in best case scenario we get enough funding to add more secret endings... and I'd love to add special secret endings when 2 players fighting for the love of a same NPC doesn't necessarily ends in one succeeding and the other failing, if you know what I mean ;)
I have to say I'm a fan.

I'll keep an eye out for this. ^_^
Thanks a lot!

And yeah! Now we're going for the minimum viable product to assure completion. But we have some cool additions in the pipeline in case we got the time or the money. Now each Love interest has at least 2 secret endings. Most of secret endings are unlocked by activating specific events and getting the right outcome (each event has 2 options that might end in SUCCESS or FAILURE depending on your stats).

Some secret endings are unlocked by plotlines that are a bit different. For instance: there's Damien. Damien is a reckless demon full of anger. You can encounter him and do your best to romance him. Depending on a series of things (basically a mix of getting enough successes in your encounters -which will improve your relationship with him- and raising the right stats -which in Damien case would probably be BOLDNESS a lot and a bit of CHARM or CREATIVITY maybe) you will get a SUCCESS or a FAILURE ending.
But Damien has 2 secret endings too. And one of them is a bit tricky: there are 1 or more events where you can deliberately put him on his nerves (sorry if my English is not good, I'm from Spain... but worry no more! Our narrative designer is American!). On a couple of events you must get him as angry as possible, until he set a fight on prom night between him and you. Then you will encounter a special event where you have to convince one of two other classmates to give you some fight advice so you can stand a chance against Damien. If you do this correctly, you unlock this ending in where you attend to the fight and happen to be enough tough so you fight and fight to the point Damien realizes your toughness is actually sexy to him. I had in mind (SHAMELESS SPOILERS) Ian and Mickey's relationship: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXr4M6OyK1c

(and for those ones that not condone violence, Damien's other secret ending is quite the opposite since you help him find the source of all his anger and try to turn it into something beautiful and not violent)

So... that's an example.
But truth is that I'd love to go even further and create very special secret endings that involve unusual conditions such as:

> 2 players must cooperate in each other's relationship so they can unlock a double secret ending for each other
> 2 players collide in their pursue of love and get a unique secret ending involving them 2 and 1 NPC
> 1 player can unlock a secret ending involving 2 or more NPCs
> Secret endings involving chars that are not one of the 6 LOVE INTERESTS (I have this super secret ending in mind where you romance... the shopkeeper!)
> imagination is the limit!

I hope you like the idea (:

NaiDriftlin
Regular

#9 Post by NaiDriftlin »

I'm not going to lie. I rolled my eyes when I read the title. I'm thinking "Oh, now we're literally getting a 'but the prom is tomorrow!' scenario."

But going deeper, I'm looking at it and I absolutely love the character designs. The expressions are fresh and rich and the scenes you're showing off are adorable. I'm not sure how it's all going to play out(I don't have any experience with Yawhg, but I'm interested in keeping an eye out for it and updates.
Honest Feedback Welcome! viewtopic.php?f=43&t=42105#p440676
Want feedback? Just ask!

Want instant feedback?
Join me on Discord Devtalk! https://discord.gg/K3w2khD

Beautiful Glitch
Regular

#10 Post by Beautiful Glitch »

Hojita wrote:Love the art! It's pretty different from what is habitually used in VNs and all the characters are charming and funny.
Looking foward to it!
Thanks a lot! (:
Yeah, the game is kind of a hybrid really. It has a good bunch of traits of VNs, but then the experience will probably be somewhat different.

I love you like the chars! We have 11 of them!

> 4 playable chars
> 6 love interests
> shopkeeper

(:

Which one do you want the best? (:

FonaCall
Regular
Projects: Bahay Kubo, Tower of Saviors Cries of Soul
Organization: Black Eared Games
Tumblr: blackearedgames
Deviantart: fonacall
Soundcloud: fona-call

#11 Post by FonaCall »

This looks pretty cool, and I am looking forward to that multiplayer thing.

Gah, that guy in yellow with the black thingys is just so cute. I want him with anyone. (lol I need more pics)

I'll keep my eyes out for this.

- Piet
SO MANY GAMES, SO LITTLE TIME!!!

For those who are freelance VN staff and also for those who are VN team leaders, please read this. Inform yourselves. Thank you.

Status: More or less busy with IRL work and finishing a game in time for Halloween Jam in itch.io

Brainstorming for the following:
My Seven Deadly Friends | the rest of the ideas

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#12 Post by Googaboga »

This looks super and I just adore the art/design direction. I can never get into multiplayer games, so it makes me happy there's an option for one player.

I'm excited to see how things progress. Good luck with it all :D.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

Beautiful Glitch
Regular

#13 Post by Beautiful Glitch »

edel wrote:Ermg these characters are so adorable I'm in love already

I'll definitely be waiting for this to come out :>
Oh, thanks a lot!

Which one do you like the most? If you want cuteness, each char as its own "sticker" and some of them are really cute!

Next week we launch a KS campaign! (:

Beautiful Glitch
Regular

#14 Post by Beautiful Glitch »

Mythee wrote:This is exciting! Definitely love the art and concept! Also I like the Yawhg, I has that game 8D

Woaaaaah! Love that you have The Yawhg. So you completely get how the gameplay would be, right? Obviously it has more VN/dating sim traits. The most important one the inclusion of Love Interests that you encounter on a regular basis.

Thanks a lot for your kind words! (:

Beautiful Glitch
Regular

#15 Post by Beautiful Glitch »

NaiDriftlin wrote:I'm not going to lie. I rolled my eyes when I read the title. I'm thinking "Oh, now we're literally getting a 'but the prom is tomorrow!' scenario."

But going deeper, I'm looking at it and I absolutely love the character designs. The expressions are fresh and rich and the scenes you're showing off are adorable. I'm not sure how it's all going to play out(I don't have any experience with Yawhg, but I'm interested in keeping an eye out for it and updates.
What means a "but the prom is tomorrow!" scenario?

Thanks for your kind words. Who would be your fav char so far?

We're pouring info in each answer we write. Take a look!

We hope you like the concept! And the humor, which is pretty bold and kind of wrong sometimes.