Monster Prom [BxG GxG BxB][multiplayer][adult humor]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Mythee
Tumblr: punsmythee
Deviantart: mythee

Re: Monster Prom [BxG GxG BxB][multiplayer][adult humor]

#31 Post by Mythee »

I reblogged your KS on Tumblr ovo Crossing fingers that it goes well!

Beautiful Glitch
Regular
Projects: Monster Prom: http://monsterprom.pizza
Tumblr: indiegzine

#32 Post by Beautiful Glitch »

We not only have a demo on its way... but also a Chinese demo!

It seems that the game is being pretty popular among the Chinese audience, since a fan posted it on Weibo (Chinese Twitter) and it got REALLY viral

Mythee
Tumblr: punsmythee
Deviantart: mythee

#33 Post by Mythee »

Oh gosh wow! A Chinese version! That's awesome. OUO Grats on going viral!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#34 Post by Zelan »

Oh, wow! :o I have to congratulate you for two things: first, for going viral, and also for taking note of this and adapting accordingly! I'm sure all of the people who posted about it (and their friends!) are so excited to hear about the Chinese translation. ^_^

Beautiful Glitch
Regular

#35 Post by Beautiful Glitch »

Zelan wrote:Oh, wow! :o I have to congratulate you for two things: first, for going viral, and also for taking note of this and adapting accordingly! I'm sure all of the people who posted about it (and their friends!) are so excited to hear about the Chinese translation. ^_^
We're doing some last changes to get it right! We hope we haven't lost mometum by when we share it! D:

Thanks for your kind words (((:

Beautiful Glitch
Regular

#36 Post by Beautiful Glitch »

Mythee wrote:Well even if she was the absolute hardest, I'll do my best!! QvQ Also, why have a separate single player mode if it affects what you wanted to do for multiplayer? I'm sure people could just select multiple characters to play multiplayer mode but alone, too. I know someone who did that with the Yawhg... xD
That's actually something you can do, yeah! xD

Kina_Skynight
Regular
Projects: Tower of Savior Cries of Soul
Organization: Team Passion

#37 Post by Kina_Skynight »

Well, I have some criticism for it would you mind? I will keep it short.

The first ever thing I wanna say is, I am not keen on the whole non-binary thing, partly because I am an anti-SJW. Why not just make everyone bisexual instead of saying non-binary? Yes I don't believe in non-binary BUT I don't mind it until provoked. But that is just my own opinion on it.

Now on to a more criticism, the writing..... I have to say you guys tried way too hard to be funny, the joke felt forced and it is like an old man trying to be hip and cool with the kids. Spirit emoji? Really? Just.....no..... Some of the jokes just makes me cringe at it instead of tickling my funny bones.

But I do have to say a handful of joke makes me giggle. Like the yaoi artist one.

For the player character, hmm you said that they are blank slate and is suppose to let player build themselves on the characters. I have to be honest, I don't feel that way at all, all four of them looks like they have their own characteristic. So I guess you guys should work on that better.

The art is nice despite the typical tumblr art style. And I do like the characters in there, because of their expressive facial and some of their dialog.

As for the gameplay, I have to say that it is great you guys are trying to be innovative and add in your own twist here and there, so good job with it. And the fact that it is LGBT friendly is good too.

My final verdict for the game demo is, expect some extremely mixed review when the full game is out, mainly from the SJW side and anti-SJW side. I personally give this demo a 5 out of 10. And I don't feel like funding it either.

Note I don't mean to offend anyone, just take this with a grain of salt

Beautiful Glitch
Regular

#38 Post by Beautiful Glitch »

Kina_Skynight wrote:Well, I have some criticism for it would you mind? I will keep it short.

The first ever thing I wanna say is, I am not keen on the whole non-binary thing, partly because I am an anti-SJW. Why not just make everyone bisexual instead of saying non-binary? Yes I don't believe in non-binary BUT I don't mind it until provoked. But that is just my own opinion on it.

Now on to a more criticism, the writing..... I have to say you guys tried way too hard to be funny, the joke felt forced and it is like an old man trying to be hip and cool with the kids. Spirit emoji? Really? Just.....no..... Some of the jokes just makes me cringe at it instead of tickling my funny bones.

But I do have to say a handful of joke makes me giggle. Like the yaoi artist one.

For the player character, hmm you said that they are blank slate and is suppose to let player build themselves on the characters. I have to be honest, I don't feel that way at all, all four of them looks like they have their own characteristic. So I guess you guys should work on that better.

The art is nice despite the typical tumblr art style. And I do like the characters in there, because of their expressive facial and some of their dialog.

As for the gameplay, I have to say that it is great you guys are trying to be innovative and add in your own twist here and there, so good job with it. And the fact that it is LGBT friendly is good too.

My final verdict for the game demo is, expect some extremely mixed review when the full game is out, mainly from the SJW side and anti-SJW side. I personally give this demo a 5 out of 10. And I don't feel like funding it either.

Note I don't mean to offend anyone, just take this with a grain of salt
Sure, don't worry!

Have you played the Chinese demo?

So...

I call it non-binary because I feel that way and I advocate for a non-binary approach, regarding sexual orientation. I mean, it's a matter of linguistics: calling it being bisexuality means that gender is the main axis to define one's preferences. It is like you're stating that there are 2 basic options (male and female). And by calling it bisexuality you're advocating for this, basically saying "I aknowledge the existence of these 2 main options and decide to choose both". By calling it being non-binary we want to advocate that gender might not be necessarily the primary axis to define your attraction to other people.
This is my belief outside the game itself. We need to work on the linguistics of many matters: economy, love, sex, family, etc. I choose to convey this point of view through my work, which is pretty common among creators I think. I don't try to impose it to anyone. You can just choose to ignore this small linguistic choice. It won't affect your game experience in any way.
I'm not saying this with any hard feeling, just trying to mindfully answer to you comment. We're not trying to change the world, here. But we have some small choices like this one and we go with what feels not right but closer to our beliefs.

About the jokes: yeah, we know xD
We do our best to avoid the "old guy trying to be hip" thing and go for the funny stuff. But, as you have seen, not all of them can be winners! I guess we can eventually test this, but it might be costful keeping in mind our more than tight budget!
We fully appreciate the feedback on this. Feel free of, hm, listing your 5 favorite jokes and your 5 least favorite jokes! That can help us in the future while building the narrative and writing the dialogues

About the playable chars: yeah, no, we looked for a middle-ground. But sure, you can tell each playable char personality to some extent. But we don't think this will be a big issue, imo.

It's great that you like the chars! The art... I don't know, we really like it! We tried to make something different from your regular dating sim. Less anime-esque, you know?

But sure, I guess not everyone will love this. We count on that and we're at peace with it.

Thanks for sharing your opinion. It's highly appreciated!

Beautiful Glitch
Regular

#39 Post by Beautiful Glitch »

Please, suppport us on KICKSTARTER!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/co ... nster-prom

You can check our first playthrought. Noble played our demo! (:

Beautiful Glitch
Regular

#40 Post by Beautiful Glitch »

Woah...

we've been greenlit!

And now... we got our 2nd big ass LP video! Check it!

illuminate001
Veteran
Completed: DSGR, Let's MEAT Adam, Sexy Litter, Bara Boarders
Projects: Secret Project
Organization: Soulsoft Electronic Arts
Tumblr: soulsoftea
itch: soulsoftea

#41 Post by illuminate001 »

Hey there BeautifulGlitch!

1st thing, this game looks rad. I am like, In<3, with Scott the typical HS jock by day teen wolf by night thing. Typical...but no less hot! ^_^

So it says you need to have a demo out in order to be able to post Kickstarter/Crowdfunded VN's here...and I've been looking for it soooo...where the heck IS your demo anyways?
ImageImage
ImageImage

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#42 Post by gekiganwing »

When I saw your project last year, I liked that it seemed ambitious, and that it had a distinct cartoonish aesthetic. One of my concerns was "Will this project slowly fade away during development, and never be finished?" More than a few work-in-progress VNs have promised to change fandom forever, but never progressed past the planning phase.

Today, the people on Podcast Beyond mentioned Monster Prom in episode 509. After that, I checked your Kickstarter. From what I saw in your latest update, it looks like your team attended PAX West, and that development is still going well.

A smaller concern: "What if someone, perhaps a video game enthusiast, takes a negative stance on your project because it features female and GLBT characters?" Just last year, I was surprised how many fans hated Ghostbusters: Answer the Call because it had women in major roles. I have few positive things to say about video game enthusiasts, so I am concerned that some person might be quite opposed to your game.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#43 Post by gekiganwing »

It sounds like Monster Prom has just been released on Steam. I'm glad that the project's made it this far. Hopefully it'll find an audience that enjoys it.

I've only tried a handful of computer and home console games in the last seven years. Is there any chance that MP might be ported to some other device?