Beauty and the Brothers [GxB][Romance/Idol/Suspense]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
LegendEx
Regular
Completed: Imre's Curse: The Prologue, Secrets Untold, Snowdrop, Summer at Marisol Bay
Projects: Battle Royale: For Your Heart!, Secrets Unsung
Tumblr: LegendExGames
itch: legendex-games

Re: Beauty and the Brothers [GxB][Romance/Idol/Suspense]

#16 Post by LegendEx »

This is looking really good (:

CatyCats
Regular

#17 Post by CatyCats »

This seems a very nice game!

The story has his "mysteriousness" and reminds me of Project Star, the Korean game. Of course the story is different. The characters, each has a favorable uniqueness. They are not boring/typical characters. I was even scrolling and saw the long haired guy. I was like "Oh he's handsome, I want him!" but after reading his description I'm like: Oh he's gay.... awesome!
I love those surprises. At least it's funny that some are gay. :p

The art, it's obvious by what I'm writing: I love it.

I wish you all the best and good luck on making this game. :)

Mama J
Regular
Projects: An Otaku's Guide to Santa's Reindeer; Signed and Sealed with a Kiss
Organization: Anomalis
Tumblr: anomalis
Deviantart: anomalisgames
itch: anomalis-games

#18 Post by Mama J »

Update #3:

Big art update for you guys!! Also, the thread is updated with a newer logo, etc.

Writing:

-We’ve reached 18k words!
-We are still recruiting writers to write Jonah’s route and help out with the common route, so if you are interested in the position, don’t hesitate to email us at anomalis.games@gmail.com

Art:

-We have a new logo for the game, designed by Yours Truly ^^
Beauty and the Brothers.png
-Reid's, Jace's, and Jonah's sprites are finalized!!! Share your opinions, we'd love to hear what you think! Credits to Kooriiko c:

REID
1_.png
_.png
JACE
Jace.png
3_.png
JONAH
Jonah.png
2_.png
Miscellaneous:

-Kira Casting has joined the project and is in the process of casting voices for the characters!
-We have decided to add a secret, unlock-able route (:
-Voices for Reid, Wyatt, and our secret route character are decided!
-Position that we are still in dire need of is a composer!

Thanks everyone!

wyverngem
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Simple as Snow, Lady Luck's Due,
Projects: Aether Skies, Of the Waterfall
Tumblr: casting-dreams
itch: castingdreams

#19 Post by wyverngem »

The art and the make up of the game look interesting, but I'm really not sure I can buy into the plot. Is Alessandra actually running the company or is she just a beneficiary of the fiances?

Mama J
Regular

#20 Post by Mama J »

wyverngem wrote:The art and the make up of the game look interesting, but I'm really not sure I can buy into the plot. Is Alessandra actually running the company or is she just a beneficiary of the fiances?
I'm glad you like the art! Alessandra is a beneficiary of the finances and is in charge of most of the talent in the agency. Currently, her grandfather is running the company but as soon as she turns 18, she will be the owner.

Niwa
Regular

#21 Post by Niwa »

Gawrsh, It's so weird to be in the credits. I'm super hyped for this project though, The more I work on these babies the more I'm bouncing in my chair.

Mama J
Regular

#22 Post by Mama J »

Update #4

Writing:

-20k words reached (: 10k words to go until the Common Route is finished!
-We have recruited 3 additional writers: Emilioski, Lumia Chai, and pigionsdeliver
-Emilioski is also our Spanish translator and has finished translating the prologue!
-We’ve decided to change one detail about the characters: their age. As of now, Alessandra is 20-21 years old in the story. The rest of the cast will also be older.

Art:

-Logan’s sprite is finalized! Kooriiko has been incredible, once again ^^
1_.png
_.png
-Aedan’s chibi!! Credits to the amazing Niwa~
Aedan1.0.png
-Preview sketches of Jace’s, Reid’s, and Jonah’s chibis!
Overview 2.png
Miscellaneous:

-We’re sooooo happy to be able to finally say that we found a composer! You can listen to Sabrina’s samples here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqV-R ... hjc1qwxpDw~
-The demo is planned to be release on January 1st, 2017. However, if we experience any delays, we will let you know immediately.
-Our number one priority right now – other than finishing the CR – is to find a background artist. So, if you or your friends know of anyone who is willing to draw BGs for free, don’t hesitate to send them our way at anomalis.games@gmail.com

Thanks, everyone!

Mama J
Regular

#23 Post by Mama J »

Update #5

Ahh, it’s been such a crazy and emotional week. I need a well-deserved sleep, except who sleeps anymore, amirite? Millennial problems. Anyway! Here’s your update for this week–-

Writing:

-23k words reached
-Common route is almost finished
-Since we made some team cuts regarding writers, we’re going to be recruiting again. Send us a message if you’re interested

Art:

-Wyatt and Maryse sprites by Kooriiko (<- amazing person, definitely recommend)
tumblr_inline_oh230tvmNF1uxtnre_540.png
tumblr_inline_oh22k2Bcnp1uxtnre_540.png
tumblr_inline_oh239b2e4G1uxtnre_540.png
tumblr_inline_oh227vkoSe1uxtnre_540.png
Miscellaneous:

-Prioritized recruitment position is a background artist. If you, or anyone you know, is interested in making BGs for this project, send us an email: anomalis.games@gmail.com
-We’ve created a casting call! If you’re a voice actor interested in voicing for B&B, we’ve got the job for you.

Please audition at Casting Call Club here.
*Deadline:* Dec 10 12:00 AM
*Category:* VisualNovel

Thanks again, guys, for your constant support. It’s been a rough road so far, but we can’t say we’re not filled with gratitude and respect at all of the people involved with this project. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
tumblr_inline_oh23ruN9Vy1uxtnre_540.jpg
tumblr_inline_oh23ruN9Vy1uxtnre_540.jpg (16.51 KiB) Viewed 1772 times

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran
Projects: Ethereal Creatures

#24 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

1. Who's your favorite character and why?
My favorite character has to be Reid Westwood because I mean who doesn't love a man with long hair XD Also he's super gorgeous looking, it breaks my heart he's gay but I'll live with it. And he's still my favorite character lol based on looks alone. Personality wise, I really adore Aedan because I tend to go for the brooding dark characters that have that soft side to them.

2. What do you think about the story?
Idol stories are pretty common but I do see you added your own spice and elements to it. I do hope it becomes equal with plot and romance. From the "death" part, it intrigued me since it made me think of what if one of the characters died and it becomes dramatic but yeah I'm looking forward to the twists in the story. Seems like it will have it though ^ ^

3. Questions, comments, concerns?
How many romance-able characters will there be? (I do like the twins a lot btw.) I'm really looking forward to this! I'd apply for writing position in a heartbeat if I had more time on my hands, good luck with the positions because I hope to be able to play a demo version in the near future.
ImageImage

Mama J
Regular

#25 Post by Mama J »

1. Who's your favorite character and why?
My favorite character has to be Reid Westwood because I mean who doesn't love a man with long hair XD Also he's super gorgeous looking, it breaks my heart he's gay but I'll live with it. And he's still my favorite character lol based on looks alone. Personality wise, I really adore Aedan because I tend to go for the brooding dark characters that have that soft side to them.
Trust me, you're not the only one who loves Reid and wishes he wasn't gay xD I mean, so do I! He's my favorite character looks-wise, too, apart from Aedan. Looks like we have the same tastes ^^ Because of the amount of people who want Reid to be romance-able... I'll see to making him bisexual and adding a route. But that's a maybe!
2. What do you think about the story?
Idol stories are pretty common but I do see you added your own spice and elements to it. I do hope it becomes equal with plot and romance. From the "death" part, it intrigued me since it made me think of what if one of the characters died and it becomes dramatic but yeah I'm looking forward to the twists in the story. Seems like it will have it though ^ ^
Yes, I wanted my own personalized idol story that involves difficult topics. I can positively say that, not one, but two characters will die. It's a way for us to be able to develop the characters, as sad as it will be. There's definitely going to be a lot of twists in the story, so we can't wait to start writing them!
3. Questions, comments, concerns?
How many romance-able characters will there be? (I do like the twins a lot btw.) I'm really looking forward to this! I'd apply for writing position in a heartbeat if I had more time on my hands, good luck with the positions because I hope to be able to play a demo version in the near future.
Right now, there are four romance-able characters: Aedan, Jace, Jonah, and Logan. Then, there's the secret friendship/enemy route at the end. Everyone seems to like the twins xD Why have I not met any Logan lovers?? Dx lmao~

Thanks for your feedback! It makes me happy that it's a story that caught your attention. The demo is planned to be released on January 1st (let's pray things go smoothly), so won't be long now!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#26 Post by Zelan »

Mama J wrote:Trust me, you're not the only one who loves Reid and wishes he wasn't gay xD I mean, so do I! He's my favorite character looks-wise, too, apart from Aedan. Looks like we have the same tastes ^^ Because of the amount of people who want Reid to be romance-able... I'll see to making him bisexual and adding a route. But that's a maybe!
I personally would rather that you stick with the original idea of Reid being gay. It makes the story a lot more interesting and means that you don't have to make another romance route that can stand on its own. Give it a friendship route if people are that desperate. And anyway, there'll be plenty of Ryatt fanservice going on. What would happen to that if Reid were bi?

Mama J
Regular

#27 Post by Mama J »

I personally would rather that you stick with the original idea of Reid being gay. It makes the story a lot more interesting and means that you don't have to make another romance route that can stand on its own. Give it a friendship route if people are that desperate. And anyway, there'll be plenty of Ryatt fanservice going on. What would happen to that if Reid were bi?
Now that you bring up Ryatt fanservice, I take back what I said about making Reid bi. I live for fanart of canon couples, so that'll be fun to witness. Thanks for the input!

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran
Projects: Ethereal Creatures

#28 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

Lmaooo I'm sorry I didn't even notice there as a Noah, probably because he looked like the twins to me XD Also yeah you should keep Reid gay since he'll be the guy we can never obtain and yup all the fan service
ImageImage

aeri
Regular
Projects: Thereafter: A Medieval Life, What happens on camera doesn't always stay on camera, etc.
Organization: Meraki Tales
Tumblr: merakitales
itch: merakitales

#29 Post by aeri »

I actually like all of the characters as a whole, but I think it's obvious that Reid stands out in more ways than one xD So he's the one that I'm choosing as the favorite. Otherwise, I will go with Aedan because I am a completely sucker for childhood tropes, and I like the broody/reserve types who actually have a big heart ^ ^

As for the story, it might be a common theme, but I definitely think your team can (and will!) execute the story well so your twist on it should be interesting ^ ^ (And I'm always for more idol stories especially in an otome game!)

This is mainly my opinion, it has nothing to do with the game, just the post...I kinda wished I could copy/paste the questions down here xD And the font...kinda messes with me but it could be that I prefer to read plainer (or less curvy) fonts when it comes to reading longer descriptions.

Regardless, I can't wait to see more of this game and definitely please continue production for this :)

ZionVI
Deviantart: animewolfsoul

#30 Post by ZionVI »

OHH Man I absolutely love Reid! Equally heartbroken that he's not an option and happy you're planning to have a romantic pairing outside of the MC and her partner. Just, why'd it have to be HIM D:
Long haired guys are my weak point.

It would be AWESOME if in the future you guys could make a sidequest dlc where you can play as either Reid or Wyatt and romance the other.
Because I need to romance that guy and enjoy the idea of them being a couple.

Still am looking forward to playing this game on its release and learning more about the characters! But I'm sure you've been hearing that a lot ;)