Beauty and the Brothers [GxB][Romance/Idol/Suspense]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Mama J
Regular
Projects: An Otaku's Guide to Santa's Reindeer; Signed and Sealed with a Kiss
Organization: Anomalis
Tumblr: anomalis
Deviantart: anomalisgames
itch: anomalis-games

Re: Beauty and the Brothers [GxB][Romance/Idol/Suspense]

#46 Post by Mama J »

Beauty and the Brothers Update #8
JBShields wrote:I can't wait for this project to be out!
Thank you, we're glad you're excited about the game; we love your enthusiasm :D It's been such a long time since we've updated, and we have a lot of new things to announce, so let's get right to it!

First and foremost, we apologize for going radio silent for 2 months(?). WOW, that's a long hiatus. Truly, very sorry. Now, then. The most important thing for us to state is that the team has made the decision to put production on B&B on the backburner. Yours truly has become incredibly insecure about the writing — whether that be on plot holes, unrealistic scenarios, etc. — and I didn't want to put out anything until I was 110% satisfied with it. The project has turned out to look bigger than what we all originally planned, so we want to make sure we cross every T and dot every I, in order to give you guys the best we can give.

Now that that's out of the way, on to actual updates! Fairly minimal but still-

Art:

-With the growth of B&B came new sprites! More details on their characters coming soon.
Untitled-1.png
Writing:

-We've finished the common route, which turned out to be a total of about 50k words. Still major editing needed.
-Outlining for Jace's route began,
-BUT I asked everyone to stop and not move forward on production until we figured out every detail needed to be fixed in the story.

And, I'm pretty sure that's all there is to it! Not a lot, yes. The team had taken a much-needed 2 months of hibernation, but we are back! The only thing left to say is that, while B&B is on pause, that doesn't mean we're not at work with other projects *wink wink* We'll be debuting those soon enough, but our main priority right now is NaNoRenO. Thanks again, guys, for the constant support.

danee.x3
Organization: Freelance Translator

#47 Post by danee.x3 »

Cool!
It sounds like a very nice project, cheering for you guys~!

Looking forward for new updates. ^^

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Starlight Dreamers, Mysterious Melody, Town of Memories, Marked, To Fly, The Change, Him From The Past, A Forgotten Memory
Projects: Cafe Mysteria

#48 Post by AsHLeX »

Bookmarking this! It looks interesting, all the best with your project! :D
New demo out 24/12/23!!