Beauty and the Brothers [GxB][Romance/Idol/Suspense]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Mama J
Regular
Projects: An Otaku's Guide to Santa's Reindeer; Signed and Sealed with a Kiss
Organization: Anomalis
Tumblr: anomalis
Deviantart: anomalisgames
itch: anomalis-games

Re: Beauty and the Brothers [GxB][Romance/Idol/Suspense]

#31 Post by Mama J »

I actually like all of the characters as a whole, but I think it's obvious that Reid stands out in more ways than one xD So he's the one that I'm choosing as the favorite. Otherwise, I will go with Aedan because I am a completely sucker for childhood tropes, and I like the broody/reserve types who actually have a big heart ^ ^

As for the story, it might be a common theme, but I definitely think your team can (and will!) execute the story well so your twist on it should be interesting ^ ^ (And I'm always for more idol stories especially in an otome game!)

This is mainly my opinion, it has nothing to do with the game, just the post...I kinda wished I could copy/paste the questions down here xD And the font...kinda messes with me but it could be that I prefer to read plainer (or less curvy) fonts when it comes to reading longer descriptions.

Regardless, I can't wait to see more of this game and definitely please continue production for this :)
I agree, to be completely honest with you :'D Reid has that special oomph, haha. Same for me, too! Aedan is my boyyyy, lmao ^^; I can't wait to start writing his route and getting into his character development. Thank you for your enthusiasm and belief in us! It motivates us to do more and make this story the best it can possibly be. I will take your request in changing up the aesthetics of the post and work on it immediately. (: Thanks for the feedback!!
OHH Man I absolutely love Reid! Equally heartbroken that he's not an option and happy you're planning to have a romantic pairing outside of the MC and her partner. Just, why'd it have to be HIM D:
Long haired guys are my weak point.

It would be AWESOME if in the future you guys could make a sidequest dlc where you can play as either Reid or Wyatt and romance the other.
Because I need to romance that guy and enjoy the idea of them being a couple.

Still am looking forward to playing this game on its release and learning more about the characters! But I'm sure you've been hearing that a lot ;)
I didn't know he'd turn out so hot!! x'D But putting out a sidequest DLC for Ryatt sounds like an amazing idea. We'll definitely see what we can do!
Also, we've been absolutely humbled and thankful to everyone who has been supporting us. When I first started this project, I didn't think I would end up meeting such amazing people so I'm truly blessed. Thank you for the comments and suggestion ^^

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#32 Post by Zelan »

Mama J wrote:
OHH Man I absolutely love Reid! Equally heartbroken that he's not an option and happy you're planning to have a romantic pairing outside of the MC and her partner. Just, why'd it have to be HIM D:
Long haired guys are my weak point.

It would be AWESOME if in the future you guys could make a sidequest dlc where you can play as either Reid or Wyatt and romance the other.
Because I need to romance that guy and enjoy the idea of them being a couple.

Still am looking forward to playing this game on its release and learning more about the characters! But I'm sure you've been hearing that a lot ;)
I didn't know he'd turn out so hot!! x'D But putting out a sidequest DLC for Ryatt sounds like an amazing idea. We'll definitely see what we can do!
Also, we've been absolutely humbled and thankful to everyone who has been supporting us. When I first started this project, I didn't think I would end up meeting such amazing people so I'm truly blessed. Thank you for the comments and suggestion ^^
Oh my gosh, yes, a BxB sidequest or spin-off game is an amazing idea. ^_^

Doodleshy
Soundcloud: Doodleshy

#33 Post by Doodleshy »

Hey! I know you probably don't want to hear from me, so sorry in advance. I think you guys are doing a great job! I really do hope to see this game flourish and become something great. From what I saw of this game when I was working with you, I would say I'd pay for it! Also, Reid's voice... heaven. I want to see this completed and I hope you excel!

Mama J
Regular

#34 Post by Mama J »

Update #6

Alright, well, it’s true what they say – it only goes up from here. (That’s the saying, right?) ^^;

After a few dramatic and brutal events the week before, Thanksgiving break is really what the team needed to push their creative boundaries. I’m so proud of every single one of them, and I can’t say enough how blessed I am to have them by my side. I’m looking at you – Jackie, Maddy, Lily, Ashe, Kooriiko, Niwa, Emilioski, and LegendEx. I adore all of you <3

Now then! Enough emotional chit-chat, let’s get to some updates~

Writing:

-*drumroll* We’ve reached 28k words! Can I get a whoop whoop? My writers are animals and I say that in the best way possible.
-The outline for Jonah’s route (written by Ashe and Maddy) is 90% done! I’ve read through it, and let me tell you: If you’re a Jonah girl, you will melt and swoon and cry and laugh when you play through it. That’s a guarantee.
-Common route? 95% done! The finish line is sooooo close!

Art:

-My favorite grandfather of all time, Grandpa Joe! Doesn’t he clean up well? (by Kooriiko)
joe.png
joe 2.png
-Oh, Christina, the epitome of class! Aedan and Reid’s mom is a looker (; (by Kooriiko)
christina.png
christina 2.png
-Chibi Reid!!! Hold me, I’m fainting :’D Can I art like that? @Niwa
U1ntitled-1.png
-Chibi Jonah!!! Look at my wittle baby ^^ Niwa - back at it again with the amazing art xD
Untitled-1.png
Miscellaneous:

-Regarding voice actors! If you’re interested, we’re holding auditions at Casting Call Club. You can look over the lines of the character you want to voice for, and post directly on CCC or email us your audition at anomalis.games@gmail.com
-Maddy is our newest member of Anomalis, so everyone give her a warm welcome! She’s our publicist, casting director, and writer and we’re blessed to have her in the team.
-We’re still looking for a BG artist! #1 priority right now, so if you’re interested, shoot us a message (:

This is the part where I usually say something deep but you guys already know how much I love you ;)

Mama J
Regular

#35 Post by Mama J »

Update #6.5

Oh, finals week. Why must you exist (-’: As much as I wish we had more progress to update you guys on, it’s been hectic so far with testing. However, that doesn’t mean we don’t have anything to show. So, here you go:

Writing:

-Although minimal, there has been some progress on the script. We’re a week away from finishing the common route.
-Writing for Jonah’s route should begin soon!

Art:

-Kooriiko finished Ben’s and Tom’s sprites!
Benjamin.png
Tom.png
-Niwa did amazing (as always) with Jace’s chibi (:
chibi jace.png
Miscellaneous:

-Auditions are still open for the game, so if you want to try out, go to Casting Call Club.
-Script coding has begun for the demo. We’re still planning to release on Jan. 1st. However, if something happens, we’ll make sure to let you know. ^^;

Question:

What would you guys be interested in seeing the team do? Since we want to be more involved with the community instead of just posting these weekly updates. If you have any suggestions on what you’d like to see: whether it be fandubs, let’s plays, reviews, reactions, etc., be sure to let us know!

Possible Contest(??)

Also, we had the idea of holding a contest! We don’t know what it’ll be about yet but the prize would be to beta test one of the romance-able routes of your choice (-;; It’s still in its thinking stage, but we just want to let that out there.

Okay, that’s all of the updates for the week! Thanks again for the constant support <3

chiharuchi
Regular

#36 Post by chiharuchi »

Yaaay~ Keep up the good work, guys. I'm excited for this game. > u <

Mama J
Regular

#37 Post by Mama J »

chiharuchi wrote:Yaaay~ Keep up the good work, guys. I'm excited for this game. > u <
Thank you! Hope to not disappoint (-;

TalrixTrinity
Regular
Projects: Asathera Chronicles, Name Pending
Organization: TalrixTrinity
Soundcloud: mateus-sephiroth

#38 Post by TalrixTrinity »

These characters look amazing! I can't wait for this!
If you don't struggle you don't improve.

PuffBun
Regular
Deviantart: kasey-puff

#39 Post by PuffBun »

Who is your favorite character and why?

I think mine is Logan because it is not often that you see a character in a game that has a mental disorder so I think it's really awesome that he is included :) But I also really love the other characters too. It's just this character tugged at my heart (so cheesy)

What do you think about the story?

It sounds really interesting! I can't wait to play it!

Questions/Comments/Suggestions?

The art, writing, characters, and story look amazing! (I'm so excited!) :lol:

Mama J
Regular

#40 Post by Mama J »

TalrixTrinity wrote:These characters look amazing! I can't wait for this!
Thank you so much for the support!
Who is your favorite character and why?
I think mine is Logan because it is not often that you see a character in a game that has a mental disorder so I think it's really awesome that he is included :) But I also really love the other characters too. It's just this character tugged at my heart (so cheesy)
Ah, a Logan lover! I haven't met too many of you, I was feeling a bit sad for him because everyone seemed to adore his brothers more, haha. But I'm glad you find his character appealing, despite his flaws and imperfections. (:
What do you think about the story?

It sounds really interesting! I can't wait to play it!

Questions/Comments/Suggestions?

The art, writing, characters, and story look amazing! (I'm so excited!
Thanks for the feedback! Comments like these fills me with so much joy, to know that you guys are looking forward to the game. We'll do our very best to give you the very best (;

Mama J
Regular

#41 Post by Mama J »

Beauty and the Brothers Update #7

Hi, everyone! I sincerely apologize for not updating last week – the holidays are incredibly hectic and I’ve been in a rut the past few days. Writer’s block is the worst, no? There was this whole episode of me being frustrated and unmotivated and – oh, I shouldn’t ramble too much, haha. Here are your updates!

Art:

-Sprite work is being put on hold right now in order for Kooriiko to work on the game’s main menu CG.
-Wyatt and Logan’s chibis are complete, concluding our little chibi thread of characters. We’ve had the absolute best time working with Niwa (: We definitely recommend them for those of you who are ever in need of an incredible artist!
tumblr_inline_oii7eeTVD81uxtnre_540.png
-We finally have GUI to show you guys! I’m so excited! Atomic-Invasion has been so patient with my long list of wants and changes, I could not be more grateful. They did a phenomenal job of taking my vision and turning it into reality. Let us know what you think!
1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png
6.png
7.png
Writing:

-The. Common. Route. Is. 99.9%. Finished. I know I said we’d finish it last week, but that damn writer’s block, man. It really is a pain in the tuckus.
-But! Jonah’s route is already 10k words in :) Chapter 1 is finished, and our wonderful writers, Maddy and Ashe, have been cranking out gold material.
-The outline for other routes will be started as soon as exams are finished for the team.
-According to my calculations, this project went from an estimated 50k word game to a 500k+ word game.

Miscellaneous:

-We’re opening up writing recruitment again! If you’re a writer and you’re interested in being a part of the development of this game, shoot us an email with your sample at anomalis.games@gmail.com
-Voice actor auditions are still open! Head over to Casting Call Club and send in an audition if you’d like a chance to voice one of our characters (:

That’ll be it for now! After a brutal week, things are looking up and my motivation is rejuvenated once again. My team friends have been extra supportive, lending me advice whenever I needed it. I don’t know how they put up with me; I’m super high-maintenance, lmao. But I’m glad that they do, because I’d be lost without them.

ALSO, 5 MORE DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!! I hope everyone’s been having an amazing holiday so far ^^
And on another side note: 10 MORE DAYS UNTIL MY (Jules, the founder, hi) 19th BIRTHDAY!! (; One year closer to death

One laaaast thing:

If it wasn’t already obvious, we just wanted to quickly inform you that we have changed our company logo. That’s all; thanks (:
tumblr_inline_oii8tyT9yN1uxtnre_540.png

Niwa
Regular

#42 Post by Niwa »

I've had so much fun working on the character chibis and crew icons. Seriously if you ever want anything else just hit me up!

And hopee to be showing off the demo at that artist table I'll be getting. You deserve all the hype for this project .v.

I still cant decide who is best boy by the way. It's horrible.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#43 Post by Zelan »

Niwa wrote:I've had so much fun working on the character chibis and crew icons. Seriously if you ever want anything else just hit me up!

And hopee to be showing off the demo at that artist table I'll be getting. You deserve all the hype for this project .v.

I still cant decide who is best boy by the way. It's horrible.
Oooh, are you going to be at a con? Which one?

Niwa
Regular

#44 Post by Niwa »

Zelan wrote:
Oooh, are you going to be at a con? Which one?
Nothing big. Though I will be at yaycon in February

JBShields
Regular
Projects: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=47586
Organization: First Step Cinematics

#45 Post by JBShields »

I can't wait for this project to be out!