Beauty and the Brothers [GxB][Romance/Idol/Suspense]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Mama J
Regular
Projects: An Otaku's Guide to Santa's Reindeer; Signed and Sealed with a Kiss
Organization: Anomalis
Tumblr: anomalis
Deviantart: anomalisgames
itch: anomalis-games

Beauty and the Brothers [GxB][Romance/Idol/Suspense]

#1 Post by Mama J »

We'd also like to say a very special 'THANK YOU' to our investor, Tracy Bullet. Without you, this project wouldn't be making the progress that it's making now. Thank you so much, we appreciate everything you're doing for us!
Last edited by Mama J on Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:54 pm, edited 10 times in total.

LegendEx
Regular
Completed: Imre's Curse: The Prologue, Secrets Untold, Snowdrop, Summer at Marisol Bay
Projects: Battle Royale: For Your Heart!, Secrets Unsung
Tumblr: LegendExGames
itch: legendex-games

Re: Beauty and the Brothers [GxB][Romance/Idol/Suspense]

#2 Post by LegendEx »

Looks great! I really like the character designs (:

HollyJ
Projects: Shattered Heaven, Altered Mindset

#3 Post by HollyJ »

I am so excited to be a part of this as Elizabeth's voice! Time to bring the sass!
Holly J Hampson - Female Voice Actress

Mama J
Regular

#4 Post by Mama J »

Update #1:

-We've reached 12K words and have started on Chapter 2!
-Final sprites are in progress
-We're excited to welcome HollyJ to the team as Elizabeth's voice! You can view her demo reel here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd9CMYV1E0k
-Still need the following positions to be filled: logo artist, composer, programmer, and writers. If you are interested feel free to PM me or email us at anomalis.games@gmail.com

Be sure to follow us on tumblr for more updates, etc. - http://anomalis.tumblr.com/

BáiYù
Regular
Completed: This Life Escapes Me, Up All Night, Lotus: The Self-Made Witch
Projects: Various
Organization: tofurocks, Fiendish Fiction, Spider Lily Studios
Github: baiyu-dev
itch: tofurocks

#5 Post by BáiYù »

Two things I want to bring up: Brianna and Isabelle. You describe Brianna as being "plus-size" but her sketch doesn't seem to match up with her description. Plus-size models look more like this or this. As for Isabelle, most trans people don't mention their dead names. Unless Isabelle is very open with her story, you'll want to be careful bringing it up. Also, has she gone on hormone therapy? If so, for how long?

I commend you for including these characters in your story, but make sure to do the research so you can portray them accurately. I look forward to further developments.
Games and supplementary Ren'Py codes

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#6 Post by Zelan »

BáiYù wrote:You describe Brianna as being "plus-size" but her sketch doesn't seem to match up with her description. Plus-size models look more like this or this.
I had noticed this, too, but wasn't sure if I was right since body sizes aren't my area of expertise. I do agree, though - she does look a little stockier than the rest of the girls in the cast, but not really "plus-size."

Mama J
Regular

#7 Post by Mama J »

BáiYù wrote:Two things I want to bring up: Brianna and Isabelle. You describe Brianna as being "plus-size" but her sketch doesn't seem to match up with her description. Plus-size models look more like this or this. As for Isabelle, most trans people don't mention their dead names. Unless Isabelle is very open with her story, you'll want to be careful bringing it up. Also, has she gone on hormone therapy? If so, for how long?

I commend you for including these characters in your story, but make sure to do the research so you can portray them accurately. I look forward to further developments.
I had noticed this, too, but wasn't sure if I was right since body sizes aren't my area of expertise. I do agree, though - she does look a little stockier than the rest of the girls in the cast, but not really "plus-size."
Hey, guys! Thanks for voicing your concerns. I definitely see what you mean, though, and have shared your thoughts with my artist. In the beginning, I was going for a more 'Amy-Schumer-esque' body type since she's also a comedian, and an advocate in body positivity. However, after thinking about it, I agree with you. I'll be sure to share the updated sprite once it is done!

As for Isabelle, thank you for the advice, BáiYù! I'll look into researching more about the topic, as to not offend anyone in the future. Isabelle's character was inspired by Jazz Jennings -- 16, transgender, spokesmodel. Therefore, like Jazz, I would say she's been on hormone therapy since 13-14? And then, when she turns 18, she will undergo the surgeries necessary to transition fully to a female.

Mama J
Regular

#8 Post by Mama J »

Alessandra's Sprite Update:

Hey, guys! Here's Alessandra's updated sprite, with base colors. Let us know what you think!

Mama J
Regular

#9 Post by Mama J »

I'M SO EXCITED I CAN'T STOP WRITING IN CAPS, I'M SORRY.

Here's Alessandra's finalized sprite!! Please let us know what you think! ^^

RoseKokali
Projects: Ethereal Creatures

#10 Post by RoseKokali »

I saw this thread when it first released, but I'm genuinely surprised nobody at all has replied to the thread answering the questions, so I guess I will be the first (upon one of the member's of Anomalis's request). Though, I hope that you know that even if I didn't reply to this thread at first, I still supported this game from the very beginning since this was in the Ideas sub-forum.
How do you feel about this project? Excited? *Side eye-roll*? Poop emoji?? How's the plot? Your overall opinion?
I do like how there is an idol and entertainment sort of scheme going on, though I also have a feeling this will take me on this really emotional ride, especially when you say that there's going to be death in the story. It sort of makes me ponder that despite this post is beaming with bright colors and a happy and modern tone, is there anything dark hiding beneath the shadows? I think this will turn out to be the type where it will cut deep, and it seems to have a lot of potential development going on here. So, I think this is interesting and worth the look out.

Who would you say is your favorite character so far, just from this outline? Are they interesting? Are you in love with one of them already??
I'm sort of biased towards Jace and Jonah because I feel like I can relate to them the most. Jace seems to be a bit misunderstood in terms of being an air head when in reality, he's not really one. I can say with certainty that people end up misunderstanding me for my traits sometimes. And Jonah... half because I can relate to him and half because I look up to him. His adventurousness is something I definitely wish I could possess, but sometimes I get those rushes, and I can definitely understand that, "Nice guys finish last is BS" gist.

What are you looking forward to? Or NOT looking forward to?
I am definitely looking forward to the comedic sense in the story; I can tell it will definitely be high in comedy with Alessandra's spunky personality. I can taste the comedy already since all the characters have such strong and distinct personalities, I can imagine it will be easier to do that aspect. Also, I can say that I am looking forward to romance, since isn't that the point of an otome game? However, I guess I am not looking forward to death, if it's a sad one throughout the story.

Questions, comments, suggestions, concerns, etc.?
I honestly wish Reid and Wyatt were romanceable characters, but that's all. Otherwise, I wish you the best of luck on releasing this game; I'll definitely support you!

Mama J
Regular

#11 Post by Mama J »

I saw this thread when it first released, but I'm genuinely surprised nobody at all has replied to the thread answering the questions, so I guess I will be the first (upon one of the member's of Anomalis's request). Though, I hope that you know that even if I didn't reply to this thread at first, I still supported this game from the very beginning since this was in the Ideas sub-forum.
Thank you so much! Yeah, it's a bit disheartening when nobody gives feedback, so you have no idea how much of a confidence boost this is!
I do like how there is an idol and entertainment sort of scheme going on, though I also have a feeling this will take me on this really emotional ride, especially when you say that there's going to be death in the story. It sort of makes me ponder that despite this post is beaming with bright colors and a happy and modern tone, is there anything dark hiding beneath the shadows? I think this will turn out to be the type where it will cut deep, and it seems to have a lot of potential development going on here. So, I think this is interesting and worth the look out.
Oh, you have no idea what we have in store. You're right one the nose, though! Like you said, it's very bright, happy, shiny on the outside but intense, and dark on the inside. There will be a lot of moments where it's going to be very emotional, and that's actually what we want. We want our readers to be emotionally invested to the game and the story we have to share. I think this will be one of those stories that -- hopefully -- stay with you for a while.
I'm sort of biased towards Jace and Jonah because I feel like I can relate to them the most. Jace seems to be a bit misunderstood in terms of being an air head when in reality, he's not really one. I can say with certainty that people end up misunderstanding me for my traits sometimes. And Jonah... half because I can relate to him and half because I look up to him. His adventurousness is something I definitely wish I could possess, but sometimes I get those rushes, and I can definitely understand that, "Nice guys finish last is BS" gist.
Yet, another Jace/Jonah lover, haha! But I can see why there are so many who adore them -- they're two great, attractive, talented guys. I'm glad Jace can be relatable when it comes to people's own experiences and that Jonah can be seen as an inspiration. That's all I could ever ask for, really, is to be able to put our stories that impact my audience positively.
I am definitely looking forward to the comedic sense in the story; I can tell it will definitely be high in comedy with Alessandra's spunky personality. I can taste the comedy already since all the characters have such strong and distinct personalities, I can imagine it will be easier to do that aspect. Also, I can say that I am looking forward to romance, since isn't that the point of an otome game? However, I guess I am not looking forward to death, if it's a sad one throughout the story.
There's been a few comedic scenes where me and my writers couldn't help but bust out laughing xD We've had such a lot of fun writing it, and we hope everyone else has the same reaction! However, I wouldn't say that Alessandra's the one who makes the jokes. Aedan is usually the one with the clever banter, haha.
But, yeah, I can understand why you're not looking forward to death. It's not an easy topic, but we like to say we're doing it for the benefit and growth of the characters. Life isn't easy -- there's a lot of crappy things that will happen and, sometimes, you can't stop it. It will be a learning experience for everyone, I'm sure.
I honestly wish Reid and Wyatt were romanceable characters, but that's all. Otherwise, I wish you the best of luck on releasing this game; I'll definitely support you!
Tbh, so did I! Reid's sprite turned out so good, I kind of regret not making him straight xD But, again, the world is full of diversity so we wanted to explore that aspect and utilize it in this game. Thank you for providing feedback and opinions! We greatly appreciate it :D

RoseKokali
Projects: Ethereal Creatures

#12 Post by RoseKokali »

@Mama J
I have a particular taste towards psychological, so if it is sort of emotional in that sense, I'm sure it will stick with me for quite a while. I believe that Jace and Jonah really have potential within them to develop, though I don't know if they may be as dynamic as a character such as Logan. I may pursue those two first though nonetheless. I have seen your comedy in your little preview in your blog. It was very funny; I found myself laughing myself despite not knowing much about what was going on. I guess I will have to face the death somehow. Hopefully, the characters change for the better as a result. That's true; I do appreciate games with diversity of beliefs and conditions. I have high expectations for this game, so best of luck!

Mama J
Regular

#13 Post by Mama J »

RoseKokali wrote:@Mama J
I have a particular taste towards psychological, so if it is sort of emotional in that sense, I'm sure it will stick with me for quite a while. I believe that Jace and Jonah really have potential within them to develop, though I don't know if they may be as dynamic as a character such as Logan. I may pursue those two first though nonetheless. I have seen your comedy in your little preview in your blog. It was very funny; I found myself laughing myself despite not knowing much about what was going on. I guess I will have to face the death somehow. Hopefully, the characters change for the better as a result. That's true; I do appreciate games with diversity of beliefs and conditions. I have high expectations for this game, so best of luck!
Let's hope it leaves a mark on its readers! And yes, you have a point that Jace/Jonah might not have the greatest growth in this story, but let's remember that there will be a 2nd and 3rd installment in this franchise ^^ I'm sure they'll have their chance! And haha, I'm glad you enjoyed the little tidbits of dialogue that we shared! Thanks again (: I hope we don't disappoint ^-^

Mama J
Regular

#14 Post by Mama J »

Update #2:

Hi, there! Exciting update for you guys, today!!

Writing:

-We’ve reached 15k words, whooo!
-We’ve decided that the common route is going to be around 25-30k words long.
-We are recruiting writers to write Jonah’s route and help out with the common route, so if you are interested in the position, don’t hesitate to email us at anomalis.games@gmail.com

Art:

-Aedan’s sprite is finalized!!! Show Kooriiko all the love and respect in the world, because she deserves it :D Let us know what you guys think~
1_.png
_.png
-Another surprise: Aedan and Alessandra sketch chibis!!! The rest of the cast’s chibis are in progress, but we absolutely adore how cute these two are. We want to give Niwa a special shoutout for doing this for us! Thank you so much – we can’t get over the cuteness ^^ Support Niwa's Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Niwa
And Deviantart: http://niwahanake.deviantart.com/
unnamed.png
unn1amed.png
We hope you enjoyed this update, and that you had a fantastically spooky, and safe Halloween! Also, It’s officially November – time to take out the Christmas tree :’D Merry Christmas, everyone!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#15 Post by Zelan »

Mama J wrote:Also, It’s officially November – time to take out the Christmas tree :’D Merry Christmas, everyone!
Oh, you know it, bro. cx

I like how Aeden's tattoos are visible but also don't take up all of the attention. ^_^ Nice job on those! Be careful when drawing him in CGs, though - you'll want to make sure the design of the tattoos isn't too complicated to replicate.