[TO BE RENAMED] [GxB/G] (Romance, Comedy, Parody) [hiatus]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: SchizoValentine [GxB/G] (Romance, Comedy, Parody)

#46 Post by Zelan »

Who's that Pokémon? It's Comedy!! :^) (I think it's good to balance out your comedy with some drama, though!)

Leaving game files in another country sounds like something that I would totally do. It's a good thing that you can get them back!

Also, I would be totally down for CG sneak peeks. ^_^

Didules
Veteran
Completed: Sophie, Midnight's Café, The Phantom of the Hospital
Projects: SchizoValentine
Organization: Hidden Masquerade
Tumblr: hidden-masquerade

#47 Post by Didules »

Zelan wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:41 pmWho's that Pokémon? It's Comedy!! :^) (I think it's good to balance out your comedy with some drama, though!)
I never knew I needed this picture in my life until I died laughing thanks to it :lol: thanks a lot XDD
Zelan wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:41 pmAlso, I would be totally down for CG sneak peeks. ^_^
Well, I live to serve!

NOT SO UPDATE BUT WHATEVER

Of course not spoilery (so no ending CG) and only cropped ver, but still! What could get Chanda so concentrated and Emmanuel so smug? Who knows :wink: (Please note that even tho Chanda seems colored, it's actually still a draft as it may be changed approximatively 28937281 times)
prev.jpg
I'm working on the structure of the game, and mostly on planning CG. My problem is Nari and Chanda, because some of their scenes are likely to have more impact/be funnier with CG rather than plain old sprites... It would mean 4 CG/playthrough (1st scene CG, one during the common route, 1 during the route and 1 ending CG). I'll find a way to lessen the workload, which means probably finding a way to avoid doing CG's background... I'm not positive about it because the CG may be avoided but...

Until I find a way to solve this dilemma (which will probably be do the rest before those CG and see if there's some time left), I'll resume working on the other assets and the outline/writing since coding is prohibited.

DerpyPoodle

#48 Post by DerpyPoodle »

Aw.. I hope you're fitting in to your new home quite well! Always ready for new updates ^^. This VN is like everything I've wanteeeeeed!
Maybe a couple more CG's could float around? <3 Anywho, thank you so much for that nice tweet that warmed my heart when I saw it, I appreciate it. : D
But hey, if you need a second opinion on anything I'll be around. Later!

Shiva_Production
Regular

#49 Post by Shiva_Production »

WOW,

Is this still a thing, because it looks just amazing!!

Didules
Veteran

#50 Post by Didules »

Shiva_Production wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:49 pm WOW,

Is this still a thing, because it looks just amazing!!
YES. YES this is still a thing, I'm getting out of depression and working slowly on it, I won't lie, but I'm hoping to finish it for 2019 :'D Ferbuary 2019 would be perfect.
I havent been posting much because I don't think backgrounds are very nice to see as a progress for such a long time >_<
Thanks a lot for the interest!!

The BG for the park and the Wacdo are done and I'm working on 1 last one because I want everything to be perfect. I'll also do 1 more sprite with like 2 or 3 expressions for Peter's little brother who'll probably have 2 scenes overall :lol:
PARK.jpg
(Only at this point I think I might as well do every single asset I need, just in case... besides they'll end up on CC 3.0 so they'll be useful anyway haha)

I also continue writing and plotting, honestly I'm scared Peter's storyline will end up being quite...dark? :'D I'm bad at sticking to comedy haha

Thank you so much for the support and the kind words, they really are a huge help though this harsh time. :)

Shiva_Production
Regular

#51 Post by Shiva_Production »

Hey, Dark stories makes the story good as well, unless you aim for a fluffy story a character with a dark background is pretty interesting !!

I can't wait for everything to be done looks like an amazing story to follow <3

Bobipicolina

#52 Post by Bobipicolina »

abc
Last edited by Bobipicolina on Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#53 Post by Zelan »

pretend that it says wacdonalds instead of mcdonalds

Didules
Veteran

#54 Post by Didules »

Bobipicolina wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:33 pm I saw this thread some time ago and I've quickly scrolled a bit through the pages, now I might as well answer your questions if it can somewhat motivate you.
[...]
Compatriote francophone ! At first I was like "humm..; french?" and then I saw your profile picture :lol:

Quoi qu'il en soit, merci infiniment pour tes réponses, c'est plutôt (très) encourageant de lire ce genre de feedbacks!

Zelan wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 4:40 pm pretend that it says wacdonalds instead of mcdonalds
This is... awfuly accurate. Peter would probably not even understand why the children are yelling Wacdonald (as in "??? we...have... food at home though???") (and also he has a little brother now, so he kind of knows children, but he just can't really understand them). Timothy would probably go to the Wacdonald alone or ditch everyone. As for the others, 100% accurate. Emm would probably simply go with Nari who'd be quite happy to do this, but if Nari wasn't here he wouldn't go. It's impressive how you got them right XD

Update time !
The last BG is finally over, I've written a bit over 5k words for the first day (I KNOW I'M SLOW) and I'll go back to it to make it better. Actually I also coded a bit and tbh the beginning is actually playable, it feels weird to actually "see the game slowly happening" XD
Ddqf77mVMAAagXc.jpg
Also my artstyle has changed a lot (the way I color mostly), so it's to be expected that CG will be slightly different from sprites :'D I also finally went over to the first CG I had sketched to finish it, it feels like a parody of what I used to do haha I'll go all out for the ending CG but keep the coloring style similar to this for the small CG, even thought it's... weird not to use the textures and brushes I now use all the time XD
Bleblehbleh.jpg
With all of this, i'll try to work more during the holidays I have. I am more confident with all this and where I want it to go, and I'd like to thank the people who keep their faith in this project, because honestly you're helping so much more than you could ever imagine by doing so !

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#55 Post by Zelan »

Ahahaha, I'm glad I was able to get their personalities right. cx I wasn't sure based on the information I had to go off. Glad you liked my dumb meme <3

Is that a BG of the university? It looks super pretty, I'd love to go to school there. :D And now I'm really curious to see how well Chanda would do at darts. (I am... awful at darts.)

And I still like your artstyle! ^_^ I'm sure it's improved like you said it has but it definitely wasn't bad before, it was one of the first things that interested me in this project after seeing that you were behind it. ^_^

Shiva_Production
Regular

#56 Post by Shiva_Production »

I can't wait for it to be out, it looks super pretty and interesting. ^^

and yes when you write and make the prologue complete its so cool, you can really see yoour work in action <3

Good luck !!