[TO BE RENAMED] [GxB/G] (Romance, Comedy, Parody) [hiatus]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Didules
Veteran
Completed: Sophie, Midnight's Café, The Phantom of the Hospital
Projects: SchizoValentine
Organization: Hidden Masquerade
Tumblr: hidden-masquerade

[TO BE RENAMED] [GxB/G] (Romance, Comedy, Parody) [hiatus]

#1 Post by Didules »

All info is outdated, if this project ever comes back it'll be under a new name.
Last edited by Didules on Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:58 pm, edited 11 times in total.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: SchizoValentine [GxB/G] (Romance, Comedy, Parody)

#2 Post by gekiganwing »

Didules wrote:Do you find this synopsis interesting? What do you expect from this?
I expect that the story will be humorous. I'm curious how much emphasis there will be on parody.
Didules wrote:Do you like the characters? If yes, do you have a favorite one?
I'm interested in Nari. Will she have a friendship ending with Addie? Will they become a couple? Are both options possible?
Didules wrote:Do you like the art style?
Yes, quite a bit. I like the characters' detailed hair, and I like that most of them have fashion accessories.

Didules
Veteran

#3 Post by Didules »

Hello @Gekiganwing, thanks a lot for your reply! :D
gekiganwing wrote:I expect that the story will be humorous. I'm curious how much emphasis there will be on parody.
The premise of the story implies a double narration, that is undeniably that of a parody. However, we don't want the parody to put a stop to the plots, because the fact it's a parody doesn't mean the characters don't have a story to share. I wonder if it makes sense, sorry :lol:
gekiganwing wrote:I'm interested in Nari. Will she have a friendship ending with Addie? Will they become a couple? Are both options possible?
Ah, it's true we didn't specify if the endings are all romantic, however Nari's route is romantic! There will also be an "all friends" ending. I hope this is not a problem :? As for now we haven't planned a friendship ending for Nari, but depending on the time we have left, the game may be longer, have more endings and CG. Besides, it may be relevant to the plot to also have different kind of endings...
gekiganwing wrote:Yes, quite a bit. I like the characters' detailed hair, and I like that most of them have fashion accessories.
Thank you! :D Fashion accessories kind off are my guilty pleasure right now~

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#4 Post by Zelan »

:o Another game from you guys!!

I would 100% play this game. In terms of appearance, my favorite character is definitely Timothy, but Chanda has my favorite personality.

I would love to see some squabbling over Addie between Chanda and Nari.

I googled Euspinola militaris and it led me to a Spanish Wikipedia page. Good thing I'm taking Spanish classes - at least I can understand some of it. cx Thank you for showing me that panda ants are a thing.

How old are all of the characters?

Crazy Cactus
Regular

#5 Post by Crazy Cactus »

Do you find this synopsis interesting? What do you expect from this?
A: The synopsis is very promising - its got style and flair, plus a heaping dose of attitude that's really cool to see!

Would you play this game?
A: I would play the game, if the price is right; absolutely.

Do you like the characters? If yes, do you have a favorite one?
A: Definitely Nari. She's got the punk/rock feel to her, almost out-cast like, that draws me to her. Would be interested to learn more about her and who she is (what makes her "tick").

Do you like the art style?
A: The color palette and general style immediately reminded me of Hana Yori Dango, and has an overall nice, clean look to it. My only concern is that the hair style/design for many of the males looks and/or feels the same, for several of them. It's slightly distracting. Plus, just in my own opinion, I can definitely see more of a bishounen (pretty boy) feel to all the males, which makes me wish there was a guy that was a tad more masculine. Aside from that, I also want to say that I actually like the character of Addie very much. The name is unusual an different, she seems looks like she's a quirky, straight-faced (maybe sarcastic) kind of person that knows how to stand up for herself, which is nice, instead of a damsel in distress.

MissArel

#6 Post by MissArel »

Yeah, I like MCs that are not typical "oh im so weak and quiet" type of girl, so i like Addie :3 I also like the parody aspect of it. ^^

Yeah I would love to!

I like the characters, normally Im not that into gentleman types but I like Emmanuel the most.

Oh yes, I like the details -it gives soul to the drawing I think-

Didules
Veteran

#7 Post by Didules »

@Zelan: Hello!! It's a pleasure to see you here as well =') Thanks a lot!!
Zelan wrote:I would love to see some squabbling over Addie between Chanda and Nari.
Count on us for that point :shock: Our Writer is already way too into that trio for our own sake :lol:
Zelan wrote:I googled Euspinola militaris and it led me to a Spanish Wikipedia page. Good thing I'm taking Spanish classes - at least I can understand some of it. cx Thank you for showing me that panda ants are a thing.
Zelan wrote:How old are all of the characters?
It's true we didn't write it, I'll add it right after this. Addie is 20; Nari is also 20, Peter is 19, Emmanuel's 20, Chanda 23 and Timothy is 17 (since recently ingame). They're all in university, even Timothy (who's smarter than everyone ;) )

Hello, Crazy Cactus! Thanks a lot for your reply!!
Crazy Cactus wrote:A: I would play the game, if the price is right; absolutely.
Ah, we forgot to write it, but the game is planned to be FREE. We mau put it on a "pay what you want" option, but we want people to be able to play it for free! :D If we extend it, make it longer, we will think about what to do and adapt, but we want people to be able to play everything that's planned for free.
Crazy Cactus wrote:A: Definitely Nari. She's got the punk/rock feel to her, almost out-cast like, that draws me to her. Would be interested to learn more about her and who she is (what makes her "tick").
Our writer also has a thing for her, so we will definitely tackle her story dutifully ;)
Crazy Cactus wrote:A: My only concern is that the hair style/design for many of the males looks and/or feels the same, for several of them. It's slightly distracting. Plus, just in my own opinion, I can definitely see more of a bishounen (pretty boy) feel to all the males, which makes me wish there was a guy that was a tad more masculine.
As the artist, I am ashamed for not realizing it. I'll try to fix this in other characters' design and background characters. We should have realized it sooner to include some more diversity... we focused on other fthings and let this pass... >_< Thanks a lot for pointing this out!
Crazy Cactus wrote:Aside from that, I also want to say that I actually like the character of Addie very much. The name is unusual an different, she seems looks like she's a quirky, straight-faced (maybe sarcastic) kind of person that knows how to stand up for herself, which is nice, instead of a damsel in distress.
Addison is a very peculiar person, and since we don't like damsel in distress, she's not really the kind to need someone to stand for her beliefs. We'll maker sure to fullfil your expectations!
Thanks a lot for your help and remarks!!! :D

Hello MissArel, thanks for taking the time to answer :)
MissArel wrote:Yeah, I like MCs that are not typical "oh im so weak and quiet" type of girl, so i like Addie :3 I also like the parody aspect of it. ^^
Addie definitely isn't that type of girl :lol: To be honest we gave her ideas she believes in, and the will to express them. We really hope you'll like her ingame!
MissArel wrote:I like the characters, normally Im not that into gentleman types but I like Emmanuel the most.
Ah, we hope you'll like him ingame as well then!! :D
MissArel wrote:Oh yes, I like the details -it gives soul to the drawing I think-
Thanks a lot! Details are a bother to draw, but reading comments like this makes it totally worth spending more time on the art =3

eridionn

#8 Post by eridionn »

Yay, I saw the post about this on Twitter earlier and came here as fast as I possibly could~

-Yes, I find this really interesting and I've been waiting for this for a long time! I expect it to be funny and refreshingly different from other games of the genre - just like your earlier works!

-Yes, yes and yes.

-I do, so very very much. When it comes to looks, I'm very interested in Nari and Peter. I have a feeling that Chanda will be the one who'll plaster a smile on my face though XD

-I've told you before and I will again, YES. So pretty and such vibrant colours <3 it's like a breeze of Spring on my soul. lol.
There's a glimmer in the distance.

Helianthus
Regular
Completed: Being Beauteous, Ambre, HVNCML, Garden of Oblivion, Wounded by Words
Projects: Chronotopia, Khzi and the Cursed Stone
Organization: Träumendes Mädchen
Tumblr: TraumendesMadchen

#9 Post by Helianthus »

Ohoh, a new game with many endings and some animation? Looks like you're outdoing yourself yet again :wink:

Dumb question: who is romanceable exactly? You're writing that there are 4 love interests but you're introducing 5 characters after Addie so I'm a bit confused about who could be the side character :oops: . The last one maybe?

And I kinda agree with Crazy Cactus: the artstyle is nice but the characters look very similar. For example: Chanda, Nari and Peter have all body piercings and short hair, furthermore Chanda and Peter are both dark-skinned! Altering some of their features could be interesting to set them apart!

Didules
Veteran

#10 Post by Didules »

Hi there Eridionn! Nice to see you again!! :D
eridionn wrote:Yay, I saw the post about this on Twitter earlier and came here as fast as I possibly could~
[...]
Your message is the breeze of spring (it's almost winter, but heh) !
Thanks a lot for your support and your help!!

Oh my, hello Helia!!!! :D :D
Helianthus wrote:Ohoh, a new game with many endings and some animation? Looks like you're outdoing yourself yet again :wink:
It would be if someone wonderful hadn't posted a tutorial about animations and explained it dutifully to me~ Expect to be in the credits as soon as we do them ;)
Helianthus wrote:Dumb question: who is romanceable exactly? You're writing that there are 4 love interests but you're introducing 5 characters after Addie so I'm a bit confused about who could be the side character :oops: . The last one maybe?
Woops, it's true that in this version of the synopsis we left the number of 4... To be honest we hesitated about giving Timothy a route. We still don't know, but he's not included in our deadlines. Synopsis fixed thanks to you, thanks a lot ! I cannot say too much because of spoiler alerts, but there are 5 endings, 4 full routes planned atm.
Helianthus wrote:And I kinda agree with Crazy Cactus: the artstyle is nice but the characters look very similar. For example: Chanda, Nari and Peter have all body piercings and short hair, furthermore Chanda and Peter are both dark-skinned! Altering some of their features could be interesting to set them apart!
Crazy Cactus and Helianthus, je vous ai compris. Okay, sorry, bad french joke. Just a way to say we've thought hard about all this and decided to change some things accordingly to your advices.
First of all, Chanda doesn't have a piercing anymore (it wouldn't have been practical, besides I tend to forget it :lol: ).
We have changed Peter's haircut. He now will look closer to this: (Beware, this still is a sketch)
Also there is something that is impossible to guess, but they all have different body type and clothing. Chanda is as short as Addison, whereas Peter is our tallest characters. In terms of size, here's the truth: Timothy<Addison<=Chanda<Emmanuel<Nari<Peter. With more or less a 20-centimeter-difference between Timmy and Peter (=a 0,66-feet-difference, almost 8 inches (do people use feet or inches in this case?)).
They also have different color schemes, tho they seemed too close and we also changed them, so it'll be easier to set the characters apart. :)
Please do tell us what you think about it!

Thanks a lot for all your advices and encouragements m(。≧◡≦。)m

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#11 Post by Zelan »

Didules wrote: Image
Peter's eyes look amazing in this sketch! ^_^ It's like he's looking right at me.
Didules wrote:(do people use feet or inches in this case?))
If it's smaller than 1 foot, you use inches. Otherwise, you use both. ^_^ (e.g. 4 feet and 2 inches). The only time that we use just feet is for whole numbers (e.g. 2 feet).

With halves either both measurements or just feet is acceptable. For example, 3 feet and 6 inches is just as common as 3 and a half feet.

These are the most common ways. c: It's okay if you don't always do this as it's still mathematically correct, but some of us 'Muricans who don't like doing math might be a little confused. cx

(Also, I hate the English measurement system. Even the English don't use it anymore. :/ Metric makes so much more sense.)

Helianthus
Regular
Completed: Being Beauteous, Ambre, HVNCML, Garden of Oblivion, Wounded by Words
Projects: Chronotopia, Khzi and the Cursed Stone
Organization: Träumendes Mädchen
Tumblr: TraumendesMadchen

#12 Post by Helianthus »

Didules wrote:Oh my, hello Helia!!!!
That’s me. I usually have little time to post on Lemma but since I’m going round and round in circles while waiting for my campaign to finish, I thought I’d go support some devs 8)
Didules wrote:It would be if someone wonderful hadn't posted a tutorial about animations and explained it dutifully to me~ Expect to be in the credits as soon as we do them
Well, I’m not the one coding the game from start to finish, am I? You should give yourself more credit for your work ;)
Didules wrote:Woops, it's true that in this version of the synopsis we left the number of 4... To be honest we hesitated about giving Timothy a route. We still don't know, but he's not included in our deadlines. Synopsis fixed thanks to you, thanks a lot ! I cannot say too much because of spoiler alerts, but there are 5 endings, 4 full routes planned atm.
In that case, you could openly mention it in the topic to avoid any confusion. Just say that you’re considering adding a route for him if you have some time left :)
Didules wrote:First of all, Chanda doesn't have a piercing anymore (it wouldn't have been practical, besides I tend to forget it :lol: ).
We have changed Peter's haircut[...] Also there is something that is impossible to guess, but they all have different body type and clothing. Chanda is as short as Addison, whereas Peter is our tallest characters[...] They also have different color schemes, tho they seemed too close and we also changed them, so it'll be easier to set the characters apart. :)
If you’ve made changes and that they have widly different sizes and color schemes, I think it’ll be alright then. The portraits you posted are rather small so we have to focus on their faces but the full picture could give a very different feeling! I think I’m going to wait for the sprite to have a better idea of the result before saying anything ^^.

Didules
Veteran

#13 Post by Didules »

@Zelan:
Zelan wrote:Peter's eyes look amazing in this sketch! ^_^ It's like he's looking right at me.
Ah, but he actually is...
Don't worry tho, he's just too shy to say anything ;)
(Also, I hate the English measurement system. Even the English don't use it anymore. :/ Metric makes so much more sense.)
It actually does, the English system really is complex >< Thanks for explaining! Feels like I understand it better (until the next time I need to use it :lol: )

@Helia:
Helianthus wrote:Well, I’m not the one coding the game from start to finish, am I? You should give yourself more credit for your work ;)
Eh, remember you're the one who indirectly taught me one could actually do a visual novel easily? ;)
Helianthus wrote:I think I’m going to wait for the sprite to have a better idea of the result before saying anything ^^.
It's actually a good thing to know, next time I do some promotional art, I'll think about how to show the size and the color scheme. Thanks for the advices :D

UPDATE :
I wanted to wait some more time, but it's almost finished so here's a sneak peek at what the main menu will look like. It's not coded yet, but will be soon :) If all goes well, there will be some animations (snow falling, Addison blinking). Can't wait to see if it'll work, and can't wait to show you more!!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#14 Post by Zelan »

The main menu screen looks fantastic! ^_^How long did that broken glass take to draw? It's so detailed.

Didules
Veteran

#15 Post by Didules »

Zelan wrote:The main menu screen looks fantastic! ^_^How long did that broken glass take to draw? It's so detailed.
Thanks a lot!! It actually didn't take more than a 3 hours to do it and color it :)

UPDATE :

And the main menu is coded! If you want to see the little animations and the custom-cursor making hearts while checking whether the idle and hover worked, look at this video (It's only 480p, I'm sorry, we're just beginning at understanding how this screen-shooting works ;) )

We will continue working hard on the GUI on the side, and show you more when it's coded!
Next week I'll try to finish the lineart of the first BG to show it to you! It'll be... Addison's room! Or rather, Addie's flat since she's living on her own in a 1-room-flat :lol: