[TO BE RENAMED] [GxB/G] (Romance, Comedy, Parody) [hiatus]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: SchizoValentine [GxB/G] (Romance, Comedy, Parody)

#16 Post by Zelan »

The animations look amazing! The snowflakes are so pretty. They're making me wish it was cold enough for snow. ^_^

Didules
Veteran
Completed: Sophie, Midnight's Café, The Phantom of the Hospital
Projects: SchizoValentine
Organization: Hidden Masquerade
Tumblr: hidden-masquerade

#17 Post by Didules »

Zelan wrote:The animations look amazing! The snowflakes are so pretty. They're making me wish it was cold enough for snow. ^_^
Thanks a lot!! Your support means a lot to us =3 And yes, winter is getting closer each day, making all of us wish it'd be snowing soon... (until it really snows, then we'll be complaining about it :lol: )

Didules
Veteran

#18 Post by Didules »

UPDATE :
Let's be honest, I dislike backgrounds... a lot. But here is Addison's 1-room-flat, so it's a bit cramped. A sofa that can turn into a bed, a small desk with her computer. You can't see the kitchen because it's "behind us", but it fits into a closet. She has around 20 square meters (215 sq ft (don't tell me you don't use feet here? :lol: )). It's a common student flat. I have yet to work on the colors and animations (and cat!) She also has many decorations on the wall.

Next update will be about Addison's sprite. We're still thinking about giving the characters 2 arms-set :)

Didules
Veteran

#19 Post by Didules »

Sorry, internet isn't working where I live so it's been hard to update regularly. Here comes our new...

UPDATE :
We've been able to move forward with the art greatly!
We decided for 2 outfits and 2 arms poses for all main characters (yaaaay, more work :lol: ). Addie's base sprite is done, she only need another arm pose and outfit and her expressions and she'll be done. Here is how she looks like :) (Temporary eyes and mouth)

And Chanda and Peter also have advanced quite a bit! There's still so much to fix on Chanda and Peter is still in progress (something around the arms not being done yet for instance ;) ), but here is how it looks like! Soon we will be able to make a mock up with the temporary assets and work fully on the ingame UI! (Again, very temporary faces)
(Hopefully Chanda is very symetrical so he can be flipped around depending on the side of the screen he will occupy)
Still need to be skecthed : Emmanuel, Nari, Timmy and a few side characters for the sake of not having empty screens when they appear.

==> What do you think so far?

The entire outline of the game is done, we're detailing a few scenes and then our dear writer will hopefully tackle actual writing when her exams are over :)

See you soon lovely people!

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran
Projects: Ethereal Creatures

#20 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

Do you find this synopsis interesting? What do you expect from this?
Lol, I find it pretty funny considering the summary of the story itself. I like how protagonist is unwilling to find love but since this is an otome game, she must haha. And I always love a strong main character ^ ^ I expect a lot of witty and funny dialogue. Also heartwarming moments.

Would you play this game?
Of course, I technically try to play every completed otome game on this forum so I will definitely check this one out too.

Do you like the characters? If yes, do you have a favorite one?
I definitely like most of the characters. My favorite character has to be Timothy. It must be the glasses and him having a rude behavior. More importantly, he's the main character's neighbor which should strike some interesting scenes and dialogue.

Do you like the art style?
I've been seeing your art style ever since I browsed through the creative commons, thanks for all those free sprites and I do hope you add more LOL. So yeah your art style is great. I especially like how when you draw a girl sprite, they are not all skinny. For instance, I really like how curvy looking the MC is, it's realistic since a lot of us who play otome games do not have model modies.
ImageImage

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#21 Post by Zelan »

Oh, man, Addie looks gorgeous! ^_^ For some reason, her appearance strikes me as someone that I'd like to have as a co-worker. She gives off the vibe of a person who's responsible and hardworking most of the time, but will occasionally cover up for you or even goof off a bit.

Didules
Veteran

#22 Post by Didules »

Sorry for the silence, needless to say real life has been taking a toll on us. Now we're back into it tho! :)
LadyOfGatsby wrote:Of course, I technically try to play every completed otome game on this forum so I will definitely check this one out too.
That's very brave, it's an incredible goal :lol:
LadyOfGatsby wrote:I've been seeing your art style ever since I browsed through the creative commons, thanks for all those free sprites and I do hope you add more LOL.
Actually I already did. On the itch age of every one of our games, there's the file of the art assets for free as well. Still the same old CC 3.0 BY-SA if my memory's good, there's a text file with it as well :)
LadyOfGatsby wrote:So yeah your art style is great. I especially like how when you draw a girl sprite, they are not all skinny. For instance, I really like how curvy looking the MC is, it's realistic since a lot of us who play otome games do not have model modies.
YES. Who isn't bored of playing skinny (not-so-skinny-when-it-comes-to-the-chest) girls in a perfect world where everyone is taller and more muscular than your character?? Besides curvy bodies are beautiful! Oops, I got too far here :lol:

Thanks a lot for all your comments, it's really a great help to read some support like yours ^o^)/

Zelan wrote:Oh, man, Addie looks gorgeous! ^_^ For some reason, her appearance strikes me as someone that I'd like to have as a co-worker. She gives off the vibe of a person who's responsible and hardworking most of the time, but will occasionally cover up for you or even goof off a bit.
Thanks a lot ♥__♥ She's indeed responsible and as long as you're friendly, she'll be very friendly as well, so you got her right!! And again, thanks a lot for being here to comment almost every update, it's really a great help to read you each time :)

SMALL UPDATE :
I've been working on the sprites, but there isn't much to show (new arms and clothes for Chanda, trousers for Peter, sketches for Nari). Instead, here is the first background you'll encounter ingame : Addie's bedroom. It's a 1-room flat, so everything is cranked and close.
Tho you still don't see: the animations, the 3 versions (morning, day and night), and maaaaaybe 1 more thing: Addie's cat ;)
We're still following our color chart, so very soft colors with purple gray, but does it seem to much to you ?

Soon I'll try to show the second backgrounds I've been working, alongside Addie's second outfit! See you soon!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#23 Post by Zelan »

I love the colors. ^_^ They're not too bright or clashy, which is good for a background, since it's meant to be... y'know, in the background. cx But the colors look good together, and I love the posters and dreamcatchers on Addie's wall. They're a great way to tell us a bit about Addie as a person without having to say it directly.

Didules
Veteran

#24 Post by Didules »

Zelan wrote:I love the colors. ^_^ They're not too bright or clashy, which is good for a background, since it's meant to be... y'know, in the background. cx But the colors look good together, and I love the posters and dreamcatchers on Addie's wall. They're a great way to tell us a bit about Addie as a person without having to say it directly.
Thank you! It seems our choices make sense for now, so thank you a lot for confirming it, and thanks a lot for the comment <3

SMALL UPDATE :
The whole team isn't on holidays, but we're still working hard! :) Here is a WIP of the second background, the bar. Addie and her friend often got o this bar, where Nari also happens to work part-time, which means you'll be able to come here from time to time!
(Also it means that out of the 3 games our team has made/is making, 2 feature a bar XD)
I can't wait to show the colored version of it!! :)

PuffBun
Regular
Deviantart: kasey-puff

#25 Post by PuffBun »

Do you find this synopsis interesting? What do you expect from this?
I think its really interesting! I like how the synopsis is picking fun at itself. I can't wait see what you can make of this and I'n already excited to play it! As for expectations, I'd like it if all the routes gave a satisfying ending. I have played both of your games "Midnight's Cafe" and "The Phantom of the Hospital" by the way :D

Would you play this game?
Absolutely! 100% Without a doubt!

Do you like the characters? If yes, do you have a favorite one?

I like Chanda! He seem s like a nice guy and I have a soft spot for male characters that already have a crush on the MC.

Do you like the art style?
I love it! I love how the anatomy of the characters is more true to real life! (Does that makes sense?) I also really respect the style. :)

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#26 Post by Zelan »

Oh man, your bar background was beautiful in Midnight's Café, so I can't wait to see this one once it's finished! ^_^ The dartboard is a nice touch. (I've played darts a few times but I'm not very good at it. cx)

Didules
Veteran

#27 Post by Didules »

PuffBun wrote:I think its really interesting! I like how the synopsis is picking fun at itself. [...])
Thanks a lot for all the sweet words and for playing both of our games! Rest assured, we plan SchizoValentine to be much more satisfying for the player than Midnight's Café and
the Phantom of the Hospital ever were :lol: We will work hard so you won't be disappointed (•̀ᴗ•́)و
(Truth to be told, I also have a weakness for characters who already have a crush on the MC :lol: )
Zelan wrote:Oh man, your bar background was beautiful in Midnight's Café, so I can't wait to see this one once it's finished! ^_^ The dartboard is a nice touch. (I've played darts a few times but I'm not very good at it. cx)
Thanks a lot! Yes actually we did realize that the best background our games featured were that bar, so we admitted the truth... bars are great :lol:
Well done for having seen the detail that the dartboard should be! Actually it was added later when our writer came with an idea for a scene :lol: I won't say anything else, but I loved that scene so much that the dartboard felt like a necessary item in the BG

SMALL UPDATE :
We hope you're enjoying the end of the year, whether you're having Christmas or not :D
I am deeply sorry to say that you won't have a special santa drawing here, because as the artist I'd rather focus on catching back the late schedule and draw restlessly assets for the game :lol: :shock: :( :cry:
However here is a sneak peek on something you haven't seen/hear of until now: the first CG! It will come at the very beginning of the game, and only needs a few adjustment now :)
Since the CG of our last games were a bit weak, we're setting high goals for this game!
Have a merry end of the year and see you soon for the next update, that should be longer and way more fun ;)

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#28 Post by Zelan »

Aww, is that Addie sleeping? She looks so cute. ^_^

Didules
Veteran

#29 Post by Didules »

Zelan wrote:Aww, is that Addie sleeping? She looks so cute. ^_^
Thanks a lot! And you guessed right :lol: Can't wait to release the game so you can see the whole CG :3

Also...
SMALL UPDATE :
Progress is a bit slow rn (makes sense), however we have the base for Nari's sprite and her first outfit almost done :) (may need adjustments + eyes/mouth are temporary)
Nari is actually tall and quite skinny if you compare her to Addison! Nari is a little bit smaller than Peter (and thus taller than Chanda).She is the only character that has thick makeup (and only on her eyes). And finally, she has a tatoo on her chest (that I totally forgot on her profile picture haha :oops: ).
Hope you like her!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#30 Post by Zelan »

Nari's so cool! ^_^ I love her bracelets and her tattoo.