Seriously Senpai I GOTTA get that Seven Senior Suitors Story! STAT!! [Yuri] [Harem] [Series]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Seriously Senpai
Regular
Projects: Seriously Senpai I GOTTA get that Seven Senior Suitors Story! STAT!!
Tumblr: seriouslysenpaigame
itch: seriouslysenpai

Seriously Senpai I GOTTA get that Seven Senior Suitors Story! STAT!! [Yuri] [Harem] [Series]

#1 Post by Seriously Senpai »

Get to know them, before you fall in love with them.

Miley Clarke, high school junior and student journalist, has been put on assignment to profile seven of the most popular senior girls in school. Known collectively as the Seven Senior Suitors, they form a very elite group of girls. Each of them been deemed worthy by their classmates of potentially dating Sara Sites, the universally loved student council president of Springsake High.

But just who are these girls, really? What makes them so worthy? Why would Sara choose any of them? Miley needs to get to the bottom of these questions but dealing with a seven girl harem is one tall order. Between conducting interviews, maintaining relationships, keeping her grades steady and maintaining her wits, Miley is going to need your help. Will she be able to get all her stories written by the deadline? Can she keep the attention of seven unique personalities at the same time? Where will there be room in any of this for Miley's own story of girl-to-girl loving? The answers and more in Seriously Senpai I GOTTA get that Seven Senior Suitors Story! STAT!!

In this time management and relationship sim, you will have to catch each of your seniors at their leisure and ask enough questions to build a profile story on them, all due at the end of the month. Get to know the girls, ask them questions that get them talking the most and stay on good terms with them to get the best story you can.

Failing to connect with one of them? Perhaps the mysterious school underground network know as The Mills has the means to pad out your piece. Be warned, however, that the juiciest bits of information from there comes at cost and the only currency is the trust that has been confided in you by the other girls.

Seriously Senpai Series

Seriously Senpai is a series of story and event driven games that draws influences from Visual Novels and Dating Sims, along with story inspirations from the Yuri, All-Girl, Harem and High School Romance genres of Anime and Manga. It also pulls from personal experiences and perspectives of being part of the fandom of these genres and mediums to create games with unique style and purpose.

This game will be the first of two planned games and introduce you to the main stars and romantic interest of the series, the Seven Senior Suitors. Through conducting interviews and building relationships, as Miley, you will have a chance to get to know each girl before you fall in love with them in the concluding second part. However, this isn't just a prelude and Miley is not just a messenger. This game is also her own side of the story, from start to finish and will tell her tale of journalistic accomplishment or descent into the world of seedy gossip trading.

About Us

We are a small team, coming from both sides of the hemisphere, that formed together for Yuri Game Jam 2016. The goal was to create a small-scale promotional game, serving as a prelude to a main Seriously Senpai game. In just two months time, fully expressive sprites for many characters, several story event scenes and multiple location backgrounds were voluntarily created.

It was decided that the quality and quantity of these assets were too much for their original purpose and the game was delayed, missing the jam deadline. Over the course of three years, in free time, the original idea of that game has been expanded on to take better advantage of the assets. Now, our full team is back together and we are pushing to finish our game We have three individual visual artists working on new sprites, new CGs and new location backgrounds. We are also doing some rework and polishing of our 2016 jam assets, in order to maintain a high level of consistency. The game was originally to be a free release but we have decided to move to a commercial release, to help make these new improvements possible and so we do not have to compromise on the quality of the game we want to release.

We are hoping to release in November, 2020. We hope you'll look forward to it.

You can find Seriously Senpai I GOTTA get that Seven Senior Suitors Story! STAT!! on Itch.io.
Our Twitter
Our Discord
CGs by Lairis (NSFW)
Sprites by Rai
Backgrounds by JelloPhish
Last edited by Seriously Senpai on Thu May 14, 2020 11:34 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Mammon
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Pervert&Yandere, Stalker&Yandere
Projects: Roses Of The Thorn Prince

Re: Seriously Senpai Prelude Project [Late Yuri Jam 2016]

#2 Post by Mammon »

Wow, those sprites look great and contain some actual personality. I could actually tell what general trope/character each one of them will (probably) have at first glance. Especially the first and third one are really expressive, probably nailing their personality to a tee. And the protagonist looks cute too, I think a somewhat shy reporter (That's how she seemed at least) having to overcome this and talk to these girls about love could make for an interesting story. I hope that their personalities and stories will be as good as their sprites!
ImageImageImage

Want some CC sprites?

Seriously Senpai
Regular

#3 Post by Seriously Senpai »

Mammon wrote:I hope that their personalities and stories will be as good as their sprites!
No promises! :lol:

Hopefully I'm saying that because the sprites are just that good! Rai really did do a great job building a lot of expression efficiently.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#4 Post by Zelan »

Oh, wow, what cool sprites!! I think Kiki and Dee are my favorites based on art. ^_^ I was wondering about this project, so I'm glad to see that you still plan on continuing it!

Seriously Senpai
Regular

#5 Post by Seriously Senpai »

Looking for logo work if anyone is interested or knows anyone. Details here.

Seriously Senpai
Regular

Re: Seriously Senpai Prelude Project [2018 update]

#6 Post by Seriously Senpai »

Just a small update on how things are going. This game is not dead yet. I've been buried under health issues, both mental and physical and a long series of financial misfortune. I still post updates regularly on twitter @SeriouslySenpai.

The game is coming along and will hopefully be entering beta soon. I hope to have it released by the end of Summer, we'll see how that goes. :roll:

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Seriously Senpai Prelude Project [2018 update]

#7 Post by Zelan »

I'm sorry to hear you've been having so much trouble, though. :c I hope things are working out for the better.

I'm so glad to see you're still working on this, though! The screenshots look amazing, I love the art style.

Seriously Senpai
Regular

Re: Seriously Senpai I GOTTA get that Seven Senior Suitors Story! STAT!! [Yuri] [Harem] [Series]

#8 Post by Seriously Senpai »

Rewrote the OP to reflect what the project has become, what the team and I are doing and noting that we have moved from a free release to a commercial one. Please give it a read!

Seriously Senpai
Regular

Re: Seriously Senpai I GOTTA get that Seven Senior Suitors Story! STAT!! [Yuri] [Harem] [Series]

#9 Post by Seriously Senpai »

Our sprite artists got to work on some of the new poses over the weekend. Here are some sketches.

Rhaelyn

Felicia

Kiki

Our focus on these girls, in particular, was getting them poses where their heads weren't being obstructed by their by their hands and arms. We need clean shots of their heads for the CG sections of the game. Some of these have already been modified but we are not quite ready to show the results. Rhaelyn, for example, will have a little less lean to her head, for the aforementioned use for CGs and to display more of that confidence she exudes.

Felicia's sprite fixes another problem, which is that her first pose is at a flat angle and makes her sprite a bit on the wider side, which posed occasional difficulties. Rhaelyn's first pose is also relatively wide and her new one doesn't help in that regard, but as a character, taking up more of your screen is very on brand for her, so it won't be an issue.

I think the final Kiki sprite is going to shape up quite nicely, in particular. Kiki was always meant to have a conflicting personality, balancing her incredible physical stature and abilities with her desires to be able to publicly indulge in the cute and fluffy. At some point, I think we might have over steered into the latter and people have come to associate her more with what is supposed to be her more recessive trait. She looks titanic in the new sprite and I look forward to steering some of her physical prowess back into her personality.

Which of the three are you most looking forward to seeing finished?